Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:20:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 [909] 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170601 times)
Mergesort

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:11:38 PM

I changed pool and the payment is wayyyyy higher, why was payment so low on burst.ga?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twats

Activity: 155

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:12:22 PM

guys i have a question is wallet have gui or not ?
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 05:12:39 PM

Just as a heads up (to make sure people don't "waste their BURST on buying a ticket when there is little chance") you should check the "winning ticket" number (if it is close to that of the winner of the first round then you have very little chance of winning).

Personally I don't gamble (and wasn't so keen to actually even create the Lottery use case) but I decided that as the Lottery doesn't take any commission and charges hardly any fees (15 BURST from memory) then arguably it is about the fairest lottery in existence (especially as you can see from the value of the current winning ticket what your chances are).

I seriously doubt that any state run lottery in the world is as open and efficient as LuckyAT is (as it doesn't require TV presenters or publishing in any traditional media nor any fancy machine with numbered balls).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Kartojal

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:15:53 PM

Its a web GUI wallet ! Smiley

twats

Activity: 155

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:16:58 PM

how? i mean burst 1.2.2
bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:23:38 PM

Anyone having issues with mining right now? I'm not finding many blocks at the moment compared to pre-Friday.
Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:25:06 PM

Elmit is now, along with tim, the only two ignored by me in this thread.

Not to answer correctly shows your knowledge!

Since mmmaybe ignore me, I am sure somebody with knowledge will answer!

Recap of open questions:

1. How to get a node in Burst running?
2. Why no projects are any more shown in ATcrowdfunding.html?
3. When the Donation button will we included in ATcrowdfunding.html?
4. Who are the developer of Burst?

Wow.

1. How can you run a pool but not a node....?
2. Well nothing has changed, ni html or burst wallet update, must be your side, try restarting your wallet(such an obvious step to take)
3. Don't get what ur asking
4. @burstcoin

Leave mmmaybe alone, he is far more knowledgeable then you.
Irontiga

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:26:38 PM

how? i mean burst 1.2.2

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:45:11 PM

Anyone having issues with mining right now? I'm not finding many blocks at the moment compared to pre-Friday.

yes, bad luck usually is 24 hr/s but 48 hr/s not sure what is gong on, BURST rate of production visibly dropped even at when cycle oscillates back down from peak to let say 7 or 8 Peta...

also "low cost or none" disk warehouse is driving price down.. big 200K lots two of them are waiting to be unloaded at 175 and 178, since BTC is up, someone calculates this well, if access to cheap drives (or no price at all, could be that someone chips away from a data center undetected till a system admin finds out and shuts it down... he drives conversion and makes steady cash every week

all rest of us, can wait for block reward reduction as well as keeping drives on to keep global network capacity high which is happening so that sustains this crypto nicely and I would not worry much about, I see work being done on crowdfunding and assets all great

when you see network capacity go down to between 6 and 8 P you know that someone had his plug pulled off at a data center
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 05:48:39 PM

My http://localhost:8125/atcrowdfund.html page shows no projects any more.

Has something changed? Do I need to get a new atcrowdfund.html ?

Then you have done something wrong.

If atcrowdfund.html in /[wallet]/html/ui/ it will show.

Perhaps check a guide again...?

I have not changed anything!
I have reloaded the page and now ALL Projects are gone!

However, it still does show "powered by Automated Transactions and Burst."

It happens to me also sometimes. If you stop and start burst it will be ok.

How come vbcs? I can access http://localhost:8125/atcrowdfund.html without being logged in to the wallet, and seemingly getting me the correct data.

I believe that a running wallet is required to get the information from the blockchain of Burst. To login will only give you YOUR data of that particular wallet!
1.2.2 daemon halts for me from time to time and it won't get recent blocks and restart of the daemon is needed. I'm solo mining and this is happening ~once per day so I'm mining an old block. With the previous versions it was quite stable. When this happens the AT page shows no projects any more on refresh.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Irontiga

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:55:12 PM

yes, bad luck usually is 24 hr/s but 48 hr/s not sure what is gong on, BURST rate of production visibly dropped even at when cycle oscillates back down from peak to let say 7 or 8 Peta...

also "low cost or none" disk warehouse is driving price down.. big 200K lots two of them are waiting to be unloaded at 175 and 178, since BTC is up, someone calculates this well, if access to cheap drives (or no price at all, could be that someone chips away from a data center undetected till a system admin finds out and shuts it down... he drives conversion and makes steady cash every week

all rest of us, can wait for block reward reduction as well as keeping drives on to keep global network capacity high which is happening so that sustains this crypto nicely and I would not worry much about, I see work being done on crowdfunding and assets all great

when you see network capacity go down to between 6 and 8 P you know that someone had his plug pulled off at a data center

Burst is highsetup low power. There is never any reason to "turn off" your hard drives Cheesy.
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:57:38 PM

Burst is highsetup low power. There is never any reason to "turn off" your hard drives Cheesy.

true, hence possibility of "laying low" except of occasional network calls which could give someone up, plotted disk also does not trigger any virus software alarms, and as you said low power dos not raise alarm of power consumption software which many data centers have, this could be a corporate or University data center, forgot also that CPU usage is also minimal, so all of it can be "hidden" so to speak
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:12:18 PM

true, hence possibility of "laying low" except of occasional network calls which could give someone up, plotted disk also does not trigger any virus software alarms, and as you said low power dos not raise alarm of power consumption software which many data centers have, this could be a corporate or University data center, forgot also that CPU usage is also minimal, so all of it can be "hidden" so to speak

If it's possible to rent cloud storage then it would depend entirely on the market price.

CPU usage for Burst is definitely not minimal.
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:22:13 PM

If it's possible to rent cloud storage then it would depend entirely on the market price.

mine it is,  CPU and system load barely get noticed.. using burstminer C++ on Unix , while at the same performing other unrelated mining operations, stager size is optimized as well

have multiple AMD cores.. when there is new block operation, one CPU core slightly goes up , it is as if no BURST ops is running on the machine.. of course this adds to value of BURST as said for global mining operations where electricity is expensive.. wish magnetic drive prices could drop so more people can mine this more aggressively .. but BURST block reduction will take care of some of the "problems" I think we seeing at the moment

actually seeing coin being very popular in Eastern Europe and they "suffer" from high electricity costs, so it all makes sense

as part of this post recommendation in general is use AMD processors they are not best for coins that are CPU at first (such as was primecoin and I paid a price by not being able to mine as many as I would with Intel.. but with BURST no such a fancy is needed)
Irontiga

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:29:54 PM

mine it is,  CPU and system load barely get noticed.. using burstminer C++ on Unix , while at the same performing other unrelated mining operations, stager size is optimized as well

have multiple AMD cores.. when there is new block operation, one CPU core slightly goes up , it is as if no BURST ops is running on the machine.. of course this adds to value of BURST as said for global mining operations where electricity is expensive.. wish magnetic drive prices could drop so more people can mine this more aggressively .. but BURST block reduction will take care of some of the "problems" I think we seeing at the moment

How many tb what cpu?
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:38:26 PM

mine it is,  CPU and system load barely get noticed.. using burstminer C++ on Unix , while at the same performing other unrelated mining operations, stager size is optimized as well

How many tb what cpu?

let's just say a mid range AMD with decent drive setup , another tip for community , setup nagios with email alarms monitoring health and performance of hard drives in use... such a plugin is.. for instance

this is very very good

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/System-Metrics/Storage-Subsystem/check_mio/details

if you all would do that, overall network capacity would stabilize better

example of plugin command line on "disk server" will detect disconnects and failure (hopefully not  Cool but it will avoid a manual check of drives during mining operation

Nagios CPU impact is minimal

command[mio_sda]=/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_mio -d sda -w 200,2000,52428800,52428800 -c 400,4000,104857600,104857600
kurairaito

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 07:09:35 PM

Hello,

I just made a simple GUI to generate Batch file for cpu plotter.

Is someone can tell me how share a picture and deploy source code please ?

thanks.
m3ta

Activity: 435

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 07:38:43 PM

Hello,

If you can't share a picture, I don't think many people will trust "a simple GUI" made by you.
Alas, there are many gullible people around, so... good luck.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
kurairaito

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 07:44:10 PM

That's why I asked how I can share à picture. I tried with google drive but got proxi error when I previewed my message.

Also I would give source code as I said and not binaries. Source is about 50 lines made with Qt and Very simple to understand...
xizmax

Activity: 527

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:45:11 PM

Hello,

If you can't share a picture, I don't think many people will trust "a simple GUI" made by you.
Alas, there are many gullible people around, so... good luck.

Well, I think the issue might be also in the fact that newbies aren't permitted to post links Smiley

kurairaito, did you put your code on github or somewhere?

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
Pages: « 1 ... 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 [909] 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: