Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 11:28:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 [1064] 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170606 times)
Karl Perkin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:48:34 PM

Hello,

This is Karl Perkin. in a few minutes I will start the campaign on my Twitter account to show that Burst is undervalued. I do not know how long it will be going on, but I have planned quite a few tweets. I will, however, not post everything at once.

Firstly, I encourage everyone who supports Burst to join my account at https://twitter.com/karl_perkin and retweet the posts. As of now, I only have a 75 followers.

Secondly, you can still contribute contents for tweets, preferably in 140 characters, on why Burst currently trading at 74 satoshi IS seriously undervalued!

Thank you all for helping Burst!

Warm regards,
Karl
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:07:34 PM

Can anybody confirm developer still working on burst?  Do we need community take over of coin?
Confirming I'm still here. Sorry things have been slow lately.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
Karl Perkin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:58:00 PM

Hello,

This is Karl Perkin. in a few minutes I will start the campaign on my Twitter account to show that Burst is undervalued. I do not know how long it will be going on, but I have planned quite a few tweets. I will, however, not post everything at once.

Firstly, I encourage everyone who supports Burst to join my account at https://twitter.com/karl_perkin and retweet the posts. As of now, I only have a 75 followers.

Secondly, you can still contribute contents for tweets, preferably in 140 characters, on why Burst currently trading at 74 satoshi IS seriously undervalued!

Warm regards,
Karl

I planned three tweets for the first batch on the issue of undervaluation but it ended up five, with two graphs! And much more to come later.

Retweet = support!

Warm regards,
Karl

https://twitter.com/karl_perkin
xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:25:12 PM

Hello,

Warm regards,
Karl

I planned three tweets for the first batch on the issue of undervaluation but it ended up five, with two graphs! And much more to come later.

Retweet = support!

Warm regards,
Karl

https://twitter.com/karl_perkin

Thanks for all your work mate. If you want to join our community slack at burstcoin.slack.com shoot me your email address in a PM or send it to xiz[at]hushmail.com.

That goes for everyone! Come join us!

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
zippolo

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:26:05 PM

Can anybody confirm developer still working on burst?  Do we need community take over of coin?

Glad to hear from you  Wink
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:37:14 PM

Ummm

That's it?

What are your future plans for the coin?

What about binladen saying increase the rewards or he will dump the coin to dust?

While the guy has a piss-poor attitude, he does raise some valid points. A lot of people sitting on a lot of coins that were massively mined when block rewards were so much higher and difficulty much lower.

Shrinking block rewards are killing the coin because it is making it too hard to mine. People do not want to invest in the coin nor equipment because of all of the large bag holders sitting on their stash.

It would be nice to hear you address this.

Thank you.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:58:03 PM

Ummm

That's it?

What about binladen saying increase the rewards or he will dump the coin to dust?

While the guy has a piss-poor attitude, he does raise some valid points. A lot of people sitting on a lot of coins that were massively mined when block rewards were so much higher and difficulty much lower.

Shrinking block rewards are killing the coin because it is making it too hard to mine. People do not want to invest in the coin nor equipment because of all of the large bag holders sitting on their stash.

Thank you.

when block rewards go down, if the price stays the same, the least effective miners will abandon ship, and thus the ones staying behind will make more.

However, the creation of fewer burstcoins over a given period of time, will lessen supply, while demand is liekly the same, that will tend to move the price up.

imo, the parameters selected for burstcoin is in the top 5% best parameters selected for any altcoin. they are good for the long term, and we want/need longterm commitment.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 09:17:43 PM

Really slow death of burstcoin  Huh

Your questions and answers here: https://www.facebook.com/burstcoin.sk

Nice work Smiley Should be on the OP, I think.

If main-dev isn't here much, perhaps we can start a new ANN page where we can update and make a better OP.

added myself and invited a bunch of my friends to the page, however I do notice an edit that needs to be done "Smart Contracts (SM)" should be SC and/or ATs and list the link to ciyam.org/at for the info on automated transactions.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 09:19:43 PM

Ummm

That's it?

Thank you.

when block rewards go down, if the price stays the same, the least effective miners will abandon ship, and thus the ones staying behind will make more.

However, the creation of fewer burstcoins over a given period of time, will lessen supply, while demand is liekly the same, that will tend to move the price up.

imo, the parameters selected for burstcoin is in the top 5% best parameters selected for any altcoin. they are good for the long term, and we want/need longterm commitment.

Agreed. This is just a temporary situation, things will pick up. The people that are committed to the long-term success of the coin will always stick around, we know that the coin is meant to be successful.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:27:11 PM

Can anybody confirm developer still working on burst?  Do we need community take over of coin?

Ummm

That's it?

Thank you.

Agreed. This is just a temporary situation, things will pick up. The people that are committed to the long-term success of the coin will always stick around, we know that the coin is meant to be successful.

More info about current development and plans would be nice!

But, the block-reward reduce is well designed ... and should not be changed in any way ... the ones who dump now, would just dump more, that makes no sense.
About the price ... i dont fear low prices, let big mines with rented servers dump to pay their bills ... means cheep coins for all who want some more shares :-)
The price will grow with coin development progress and new investors, not cause of higher block rewards ...
mczarnek

Merit: 502

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:27:03 PM

And regarding block rewards keep in mind it isn't only the miners who are affected by prices. In fact I suspect some developers are more likely to buy lots of cheap coins rather than mine them.. so cheap coins may mean more developers. Certainly attracted me.

The only catch is we have to take off and start getting more transactions on the network faster and/or increase in price to keep miners happy and mining.

That being said,  given that hats drives are ASIC proof, I suspect we can still get lots of miners.. Definitely easier than POC. 

So personally,  I probably would have slowed down the rate of inflation by about two but I don't think it'll kill the coin by any means.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Turn0ff

Activity: 306

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 12:19:50 AM

Any new blog post planned?

If it's ok to come with topic suggestions, I'd like to read more about the ASIC resistance of Burst Wink

I tweet about BURST @ https://twitter.com/Turn0ff_tweets/with_replies Follow and retweet if you like the focus Smiley
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:09:30 AM

No need to change block reward. Just implement PoC2 which suppose to be out soon?
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:35:26 AM

Ummm

That's it?

Thank you.

Changing the block reward would be unfair to anyone who made decisions based on the stated supply and distribution schedule. Nothing is perfectly distributed, but I don't really see it being that bad. Excluding the stuff we can't tell apart sitting in exchanges, the next highest address has a little over 2%. I don't see adding more coins which will probably just end up flooding the market being a solution for anything. Theres a lot of things I would have done differently in retrospect but I don't think block reward is one of them.

The next update or 2 will be some long overdue extra account security features. There will be the ability to authorize another account to spend from an account with spending limits(amount / time)(allow access to your funds while keeping the account its in cold stored or other ), and accounts will be able to be set up for multisig. The authorized spending backend stuff is all done and has been tested successfully on a testnet, but has no user interface yet. Multisig is still in progress. I haven't decided whether those will be released separate or grouped together.
Afterwards AT interfaces will become a priority, and I also plan to do a bit of block header restructuring some time soon(header only validation cannot currently be done, but could be with some restructuring)

No need to change block reward. Just implement PoC2 which suppose to be out soon?

None of the PoC2 attempts have worked out well in practice unfortunately. Plotting ends up being horribly slow(much worse than PoC1) and large gains can be had by shaving bits off and brute forcing them with gpus. PoC2 is now on hold until a better solution is found.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
mczarnek

Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:34:34 AM

Any new blog post planned?

If it's ok to come with topic suggestions, I'd like to read more about the ASIC resistance of Burst Wink

Good idea.. was thinking that'd be a good one too.  And yes we've got a few more posts queued up and waiting to be published.  Iron's just still putting the finishing touches on the blog.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:37:28 PM

Ummm

That's it?

Thank you.

Changing the block reward would be unfair to anyone who made decisions based on the stated supply and distribution schedule. Nothing is perfectly distributed, but I don't really see it being that bad. Excluding the stuff we can't tell apart sitting in exchanges, the next highest address has a little over 2%. I don't see adding more coins which will probably just end up flooding the market being a solution for anything. Theres a lot of things I would have done differently in retrospect but I don't think block reward is one of them.

The next update or 2 will be some long overdue extra account security features. There will be the ability to authorize another account to spend from an account with spending limits(amount / time)(allow access to your funds while keeping the account its in cold stored or other ), and accounts will be able to be set up for multisig. The authorized spending backend stuff is all done and has been tested successfully on a testnet, but has no user interface yet. Multisig is still in progress. I haven't decided whether those will be released separate or grouped together.
Afterwards AT interfaces will become a priority, and I also plan to do a bit of block header restructuring some time soon(header only validation cannot currently be done, but could be with some restructuring)

None of the PoC2 attempts have worked out well in practice unfortunately. Plotting ends up being horribly slow(much worse than PoC1) and large gains can be had by shaving bits off and brute forcing them with gpus. PoC2 is now on hold until a better solution is found.

I am glad u are still around for development. Any progress is good progress.
bitladen

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:13:25 PM

And coin dying would be more fair? Where are these people you talk about? Let's talk to them see what they think.

I think increasing rewards is better than coin dying completely. I'm not making a threat here. Coin is dying right now, and I haven't got anything to do with this. I still have 16m burst or so, I actually kept most of the coin.

Let's talk to these holders, I hereby invite them to post something on this thread

BurstBurst

Activity: 494

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:34:54 PM

New updates coming and pump is inevitable ... Smiley.
skymax

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:54:20 PM

.. my idea.. and a block reward variable on function of value of coin and Tb used for mining ? This function will be made a little period of ROI   for everyone, big reward for little users and penalize big farms.
On this way more will be more attractive for a lot of users, so more popularity and less marketing.

riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 03:11:46 PM

And coin dying would be more fair? Where are these people you talk about? Let's talk to them see what they think.

I think increasing rewards is better than coin dying completely. I'm not making a threat here. Coin is dying right now, and I haven't got anything to do with this. I still have 16m burst or so, I actually kept most of the coin.

Let's talk to these holders, I hereby invite them to post something on this thread

A bigger block reward, increases the rate of inflation, reduces the value!

What we need is more ways to spend burstcoin, building out a burstcoin economy.
I want to spend my burstcoin on lot of things, not have exchange it and then spend it.

A good thing to fix would be Burst's built in market place, why do I need to know a seller store id
why can't we just browse the listings? I've read it's designed to stop spam, but why not just charge
a fee of listing items.

Pages: « 1 ... 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 [1064] 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: