Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 10:18:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170633 times)
yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:14:58 AM

You might be a botnet master, but you surely do not have a master in communication. Learn the basics. This is purely embarrassing for you.

Quoting myself: "Contribute and you shall be accepted".

better yet, don't accept me and be destroyed. even if I don't attack, you're doing a great job destroying yourselves.

So you are really not ready to reconsider your standpoint that the coin needs you no matter what? Well, the coin might need you. in some degree or a whole lot, but you have +90% of the community against you.

How to change that, the botnet master might ask? Start showing what you have to offer the community, and the community will follow if you do what you promise.

BTW, for every considerable progress you provide, I can promise a well-spread PR (talk to crowetic for details).

Only 90% against me that's kinda low. I'm sure I can achieve 100%.

I am not against you. Crowetic isn't.

But you made mistakes from the very beginning in communication.

We have a common problem: Why not reason over it, seeking step-by-step solutions?

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1116

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:15:33 AM

Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun the read heads of a large array of plotted HDDs.
-Mao Tse Tung

I'm not a miner, and not a huge holder. I never had extra TBs lying around, and it was far easier for me to spend a couple hundred bucks trading coins than spending that money plus a lot of time setting up HDDs for mining. With that being said, I agree with Haitch and luxe - threatening to destroy the system you're proposing to improve doesn't exactly provide the impetus for much faith and goodwill from the other members of the system you have designs on commandeering. Also, 10% seems like a huge amount for a dev fund, but hey, I guess ETH got away with it. I do agree something probably needs to be done, in the face of an operational system released by Siacoin (which is about to pass BURST in price per coin, btw), but I don't think it's going to accomplished by negotiating with terrorists to give them control of 10% of the money supply created from here on out and agreeing with their demands to inflate the money supply. I honestly don't have any idea what should be done at this point, but just wanted to chime in that I tend to agree with luxe and Haitch.
yeponlyone

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:17:14 AM

1. No mining account was ever about 28% ... thats quite far away from 51% ...
2. BurstDev, never said that he quit! True, he did not respond for a few weeks.
3. NO PREMINE, 5% reward reduce, thats the contract i signed :-)
(Sending a % from every block to a whatever account is a 'premine')

It's not a premine as the devs during more than a year proven their dedication and ability to innovation.

To take further steps will need funds.

And contracts can be negotiated. Wink 10% or what ever is way too much.

But did you do the math before making this statement?
.10*5400*360*.00000032*240=14.9299200000

A whopping $15 a day. I must withdraw from this contest, I'm sure you can find lots of developers willing to work for $15 a day, or as you say, even for less. You don't need me at all.

If we will get this to work, it will not be 15 bucks. Don't play stupid.
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:22:25 AM

If we will get this to work, it will not be 15 bucks. Don't play stupid.

Indeed, let's not play stupid. What if you don't get it to work. Then all the work would be for free?
As stated in my proposal, the dev funds will go to a member you all trust, not to me. In case you might think that.

And should some of that money ever be awarded to me, that's not for me to decide. You might as well hire somebody else once you get a decent dev fund, and get rid of me. In fact that's why I came up with the idea in the first place.

And from the current $15 amount to a huge amount it's a long way. Huge would be what? $5000? Even that's not huge, you can hire 15-30 good devs with that. Should you ever reach that point, you could use that kind of dev team. There would be lots of work to be done.

yeponlyone

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:23:50 AM

Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun the read heads of a large array of plotted HDDs.
-Mao Tse Tung

I'm not a miner, and not a huge holder. I never had extra TBs lying around, and it was far easier for me to spend a couple hundred bucks trading coins than spending that money plus a lot of time setting up HDDs for mining. With that being said, I agree with Haitch and luxe - threatening to destroy the system you're proposing to improve doesn't exactly provide the impetus for much faith and goodwill from the other members of the system you have designs on commandeering. Also, 10% seems like a huge amount for a dev fund, but hey, I guess ETH got away with it. I do agree something probably needs to be done, in the face of an operational system released by Siacoin (which is about to pass BURST in price per coin, btw), but I don't think it's going to accomplished by negotiating with terrorists to give them control of 10% of the money supply created from here on out and agreeing with their demands to inflate the money supply. I honestly don't have any idea what should be done at this point, but just wanted to chime in that I tend to agree with luxe and Haitch.

Bitladen shouldn't be executive concerning those funds. He will be a dev among others, working and showing his skills. With time, his and others contributions will add to the coin and change it.
yeponlyone

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:26:19 AM

We agreed on something, bitladen Wink
bitladen

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:28:20 AM

Bitladen shouldn't be executive concerning those funds. He will be a dev among others, working and showing his skills. With time, his and others contributions will add to the coin and change it.

I never asked for that.
But for some reason you would like me to be eager to please. Well I'm NOT. I make .15btc a day with 2PB. Doesn't make me eager at all, hence I don't seek to please you (you as in the community).
Without the reward change I can't imagine that I ever will. As in, I doubt the coin value will go 10x sometime in the future, or even 5x. I can only see it falling, and with rewards decreasing as well, a miner can only hope for the hashrate to drop, which is not sustainable, due to the 51% attack vulnerability.

So indeed, let's not play stupid. Alright?

bitladen

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:29:26 AM

If you cared to read my post, you would see that we never have been in disagreement on that part.

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 04:31:36 AM

-Mao Tse Tung

Negotiating with terrorists? He's a terrorist now? Because of his name? (which I have always thought /bin/laden was absolutely hilarious.)

10% may be high, easily negotiated. Also, did you not read the part about WHERE the money would go? Certainly not into his hands directly, and not into the hands of a singularly controlled account at all. So to say we're negotiating with a terrorist is pretty far fetched in almost every way.

The fact he pointed out that an attack is possible, and the fact that he will do it to prove it, does not make him a terrorist. It makes him someone who has a very straight forward way of telling everyone of a very serious potential problem. If they don't believe it is a problem, I suppose they can wait and see if it really is or not. Right?

As you say, there are other coins poised to take even more power away from BURST's network.

The main ISSUE here, is that everyone seems to agree something needs to be done, but there hasn't been a single suggestion as to WHAT, or by whom. THIS is the problem, not the fact that the person happens to be someone that the majority may not like all that much.

This is an open source project, everyone can easily look at what has been changed. Not only that, he's agreed to give his tools, miners, pools, etc, upon being accepted. So not only is he going to work for free, he is going to give tools to help the community for free as well.

Basically the only issue people have here, is his ability to prove what he is saying by actually doing it? Or is it that his name is bitladen in this community? If someone gives themselves a name like that, they couldn't possibly ever do anything that isn't terrorist like, right?

give me a break.

I would be extremely excited for an agreement with Haitch and luxe, whom I have a lot of respect for. The issue is that no one else seems to see the need for a change, and/or they haven't submitted a proposal to be looked at.

Anyone here think that I would publicly back bitladen without reason? Anyone here doubt my dedication to BURST? I even said we could implement a 'filter' for his code if people really don't trust him THAT much for whatever reason they have. Even after he releases his tools to the community. So where is the real issue here. He's kinda cocky? Yea, well, that's not something I can do much about. But the thing is, he's not cocky without reason, he's highly intelligent and capable. I prefer those types to be people working WITH me, not against me.

Do you think that if he takes over the development, that he will somehow infect everyone with a virus or something? In open source code? With a filter in place and all? Hell, I would even be willing to post the code for the entire community to review before submitting it to the main git. So what's the real issue?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
yeponlyone

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:32:54 AM

If you cared to read my post, you would see that we never have been in disagreement.

I have.

So you are ready to share some of the improved stuff you have developed if there is not a "NO" from the community?
bitladen

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:35:05 AM

If you cared to read my post, you would see that we never have been in disagreement.

I have.

So you are ready to share some of the improved stuff you have developed if there is not a "NO" from the community?

As soon as rewards increase, I consider you my friends. Not before.

There are 2 ways to do this: make the reward changes or pump the price. That's truly up to you.

yeponlyone

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:37:09 AM

The main ISSUE here, is that everyone seems to agree something needs to be done, but there hasn't been a single suggestion as to WHAT, or by whom. THIS is the problem, not the fact that the person happens to be someone that the majority may not like all that much.

----

Well, I did with seeking seed money Wink But then I criticized it hehe
bitladen

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:38:22 AM

Negotiating with terrorists? He's a terrorist now? Because of his name? (which I have always thought /bin/laden was absolutely hilarious.)

Yes, it is supposed to be hillarious. DUUUH.
and bitladen as well

Are they really that stupid that we have to explain jokes to them?

Or is it simply that they envy me for my whopping .15 btc a day. And they would pick on anything. Now that's even more pathetic.

10% may be high, easily negotiated. Also, did you not read the part about WHERE the money would go? Certainly not into his hands directly, and not into the hands of a singularly controlled account at all. So to say we're negotiating with a terrorist is pretty far fetched in almost every way.

As I pointed out earlier, its not really that high.
And let's assume we do get so big, that we are gathering millions for the dev fund. That's alright, then we can compete with big companies, and crush them.

I would love nothing more than crush google. I just was hoping you guys could help. Not now, but MAYBE ... in the future. 
Or is this also blasphemy to pick on google now?

yeponlyone

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:41:26 AM

I have.

As soon as rewards increase, I consider you my friends. Not before.

There are 2 ways to do this: make the reward changes or pump the price. That's truly up to you.

Did you read what I wrote? If you stand-by that position we are dead. Periods.

You must start the process to get things going.

How about that improved pool protocol, so we are leveling the playing field in that area?
bitladen

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:45:52 AM

How about that improved pool protocol, so we are leveling the playing field in that area?

You still offer me nothing. In order to change rewards, I would have to code it, in effect I will begin by offering you something. That's all I will offer for starters.

After that, you know how they say. Friends that care, share.

yeponlyone

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:50:33 AM

You still offer me nothing. In order to change rewards, I would have to code it, in effect I will begin by offering you something. That's all I will offer for starters.

That will not work. People don't work that way. I hoped you'll get that. I'm sorry I failed. It would have been nice to give it a try. Instead:

Dumpage coming up.

Who will do the clone?
bitladen

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:53:12 AM

Who will do the clone?

I believe the question provides it's own answer.

luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:02:32 AM

Code:
    @Override
    public long getBlockReward() {
     if(this.height == 0 || this.height >= 1944000) {
     return 0;
     }
     int month = this.height / 10800;
     long reward = BigInteger.valueOf(10000)
     .multiply(BigInteger.valueOf(95).pow(month))
     .divide(BigInteger.valueOf(100).pow(month)).longValue() * Constants.ONE_NXT;

return reward;
    }

Hard work changing on line of code ... make a fork, make real improvments ... or nobody will take you serious.
bitladen

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:13:02 AM

Code:
    @Override
     return 0;
     }

return reward;
    }

Hard work changing on line of code ... make a fork, make real improvments ... or nobody will take you serious.

come now luxe, you know better than that, I said:

increase the reward, after a certain block
make further rewards proportional to difficulty.
make 10% dev donation to the specific address.

+ testing.

ok not a huge undertaking, but still not exactly just one line of code.

P.S.: you know what, you please them and work for free, that's what they want. good luck
and if 25% of the hash is not enough to be taken seriously, perhaps 51% will suffice.

yeponlyone

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:28:49 AM

Code:
    @Override
     return 0;
     }

return reward;
    }

come now luxe, you know better than that, I said:

increase the reward, after a certain block
make further rewards proportional to difficulty.
make 10% dev donation to the specific address.

+ testing.

ok not a huge undertaking, but still not exactly just one line of code.

P.S.: you know what, you please them and work for free, that's what they want. good luck
and if 25% of the hash is not enough to be taken seriously, perhaps 51% will suffice.

I think there will be a fork, taking all these innovations from the last year and tweaking stuff some, before you get 51%. Is it expensive paying the bot-owners, btw? Perhaps you'll join the new coin and ease your financial situation. Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 [1126] 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: