Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:43:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 [1156] 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:42:32 PM

Sorry for not being active last week, I was very busy in my personal life, but now back and ready to serve BURST and my INCOME shareholders Smiley

I noticed that you people post quite a lot of posts in 1 day, it will take me a lot of time to go through all missed posts, can somebody please sum up what happened in the last week with the BURST development?

Any news or projects going on?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:06:24 PM

Sorry for not being active last week, I was very busy in my personal life, but now back and ready to serve BURST and my INCOME shareholders Smiley

I noticed that you people post quite a lot of posts in 1 day, it will take me a lot of time to go through all missed posts, can somebody please sum up what happened in the last week with the BURST development?

I can't help you about the development. The only thing I noticed these past days is another drama from Elmitt and haitch.
BurstIncomeAsset

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:15:36 PM

I can't help you about the development. The only thing I noticed these past days is another drama from Elmitt and haitch.

Well at least the price is still holding strongly at 29-31 satoshi  despite about 1.7 million BURST being mined each day. This is very positive in my opinion.

I think we need more projects going on to boost that price even further.
Elmit

Activity: 785
Merit: 500

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 10:42:50 PM

Thank you for a few people from this forum who tested my faucet at:

http://burst.mininghere.com/faucet.php

The fact that it is working, encourages me to add two additional projects.

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 10:43:55 PM

Pool Statistics
Current time: 2015-09-23 22:43:21 UTC
Block: 146,044
Difficulty: 6,353
Est. Networksize (PB): 6.6619601017911

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
Gabriel.S

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:07:58 PM

Sold my burst today. Looks like a big loser to me. Thanks for the good time though.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:50:47 AM

mining away, selling nothing [hero member has spoken] working towards legendary, legendary are either part of ie BTC/ethereum core dev team or the once that mined BTC at super low and did not throw disk drive with the wallet in the garbage dump
Cobra

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:38:01 AM

mining away, selling nothing [hero member has spoken] working towards legendary, legendary are either part of ie BTC/ethereum core dev team or the once that mined BTC at super low and did not throw disk drive with the wallet in the garbage dump

lol, you seem quite proud of that status. It does not really mean anything. I have been here 2yrs longer than you have.

Burst is unique and that is what attracted me to it in the very beginning. I wish more products/services were built up around it or that people could see the potential with the efficiency.  The ease of use issues were really the problem for the last year, only recently this has been taken care of with web wallet and the all in one solutions.

I agree with the concern crowetic mentioned with half of the coins mined and what will happen when they are all mined, will people still run nodes, how secure will it be? Increasing the mining reward does not sound like a good solution to speed that process up. I honestly cannot think of a good solution based on where it sits now that still respects the fundamentals the coin was founded upon.

I have deleted my plots and sort of in limbo at the moment. I am waiting for the clone to give that a shot. I can't say the increased mining rewards would be the solution either but likely the current status of Burst and these mining hurdles will be taken into consideration or at least a different approach. I am really on the fence about any POC coin making it in the long run when people may opt to use the drive space for other up and coming coins. Those type of solutions make use of the HD space or may hold the value better due to an ecosystem of products/services.

pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:04:17 AM

You guys needs to fix your Mining Difficulty, i told the dev that he would get exactly this problem and this was a year ago.
If you check your mined coins you already mined 50% of your 2 Billion coins.

Also you need way more advertisement to get more people interest in this project and i mean not who is interested to invest money but to mine coins.
You only have two choices this time, either fix your mining difficulty or change your mining protocol to PoS.

what's wrong with the difficulty. If miners abandon burst the difficutly gets easier and the remaining miners earn more.  if miners flock to burst, the difficulty gets harder and the miners earn less. I see no problem there.

if burst gets worth more, miners get paid more in real terms, and that will attract miners and make the blockchain more secure, if burst gets worth less, miners get paid less in real terms, and that will make some miners go away.. but then... if the market cap is 1mln usd, we only need to make sure it's  a lot more expensive than 1mln usd to attack the coin.

when all the coins are mined, miners will live off fees. We may or may not have to make some changes to the size of fees when we get to that point, it will depend on the value of 1 BURST.  we can just look at the hash size for the chain at that time, and if the hash size is way too small, we could consider a discussion about increasing the minimum fee to more than one, or perhaps make it possible for miners to not add transactions that have the fee under some level. (not sure if we can do that now)

I think you still don't got it aren't you ? Burstcoin was mined out to 50% already in just one year ! This means your mining difficulty is just to low. In this case you would have mined all your coins in just a total 3 years.

I believe you have things mixed up my friend. How about you go and take a look at a term called 'controlled supply'.
Coin emission has nothing to do with mining difficulty. BURST being 'mined out' in 60 months (IIRC) is by design.

Well, looks like his "design" ain't working.

The design is working very well, we have a nice number of terabytes compared to the rather low marketcap. If you think you can make more money mining something else, then go there and mine - or create a clone and start mining that. How many coins do still exist, that was launched same month as burst?  i would guess 90% of them are gone already, if not more.. BURST is already a winner.
pinballdude

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:09:38 AM

You guys needs to fix your Mining Difficulty, i told the dev that he would get exactly this problem and this was a year ago.

Also you need way more advertisement to get more people interest in this project and i mean not who is interested to invest money but to mine coins.
You only have two choices this time, either fix your mining difficulty or change your mining protocol to PoS.

what's wrong with the difficulty. If miners abandon burst the difficutly gets easier and the remaining miners earn more.  if miners flock to burst, the difficulty gets harder and the miners earn less. I see no problem there.

if burst gets worth more, miners get paid more in real terms, and that will attract miners and make the blockchain more secure, if burst gets worth less, miners get paid less in real terms, and that will make some miners go away.. but then... if the market cap is 1mln usd, we only need to make sure it's  a lot more expensive than 1mln usd to attack the coin.

when all the coins are mined, miners will live off fees. We may or may not have to make some changes to the size of fees when we get to that point, it will depend on the value of 1 BURST.  we can just look at the hash size for the chain at that time, and if the hash size is way too small, we could consider a discussion about increasing the minimum fee to more than one, or perhaps make it possible for miners to not add transactions that have the fee under some level. (not sure if we can do that now)

I think you still don't got it aren't you ? Burstcoin was mined out to 50% already in just one year ! This means your mining difficulty is just to low. In this case you would have mined all your coins in just a total 3 years.

I believe you have things mixed up my friend. How about you go and take a look at a term called 'controlled supply'.
Coin emission has nothing to do with mining difficulty. BURST being 'mined out' in 60 months (IIRC) is by design.

It is working exactly as designed. You believe that this particular design is not correct/proper/achieving good results and that is perfectly fine Smiley

And might be a good reason to release a clone with a different design to possibly attract more miners long-term...

Perhaps, I do not think that there is enough data in crypto to be able to tell what a good emission rate is, or in fact, whether such a deflationary model works at all Smiley.

Sure, but you will get more data by releasing clones with different emission rates Wink And competition is seldom wrong imho.

We must realize that Burst does have problems with a decreasing network size, making it more vulnerable to 51% attacks and not attracting investors. Experimenting with clones might be a solution. It doesn't mean we don't believe in the basic technology presented in BUST, quite the contrary in fact, I'd say.

we have had a price "crash" from over 100 to below 30.  Network size is supposed to start to adjust down towards 30% when the price adjust down to 30%, it's by design. You want the expenses to match the revenue.

I think you are just greedy and want money taken from users, and given to miners.
pinballdude

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:22:40 AM

I suggested modifications to the block reward and structure, but those were shot down.

At the moment it seems the structure will remain, and people seem to agree with it... and/or just disagree with my suggestion.

There will definitely be a clone.

I agree that the mining reward reduction is too fast, but no, this has nothing to do with mining difficulty, it is simply the structure of the coin release that needs to be modified. I'm also worried about what happens when the coin hits the cap. If we don't have EXTREME INTEREST built in the coin by then, with very much more usage and reasons to use the coin... what then?

Exactly the reason I proposed a change in reward and cap. Which was vehemently shut down, in some cases with extreme prejudice.

So at this time it seems the only real option is a clone while at the same time trying my damnest to figure a way to get BURST recognition.

IMO things didn't work the way we thought they would in the beginning, which warrants a fundamental change in structure. But my opinions were not agreed with by the general community at large...

I just had a crazy idea for the new clone. You could make mining rewards timed, like you have with stock options for employees.  Suppose miners get X% of their mined coins now, and Y% in 3 years. Or rather, they get the coins, but they cannot be spent for 3 years. Then the miners will have a longterm incentive to make the coin work, cause they need the price to be high in 3 yrs when their coins are released.  Such an arrangement might be complicated reg. pools though.
Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 02:58:37 AM

One of my Wallets showed today:

Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "qtp1800503195-1502"
2015-09-24 08:56:10 INFO: CRITICAL ERROR. PLEASE REPORT TO THE DEVELOPERS.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Has anybody a fix for that?

yeponlyone

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:15:55 AM

what's wrong with the difficulty. If miners abandon burst the difficutly gets easier and the remaining miners earn more.  if miners flock to burst, the difficulty gets harder and the miners earn less. I see no problem there.

if burst gets worth more, miners get paid more in real terms, and that will attract miners and make the blockchain more secure, if burst gets worth less, miners get paid less in real terms, and that will make some miners go away.. but then... if the market cap is 1mln usd, we only need to make sure it's  a lot more expensive than 1mln usd to attack the coin.

when all the coins are mined, miners will live off fees. We may or may not have to make some changes to the size of fees when we get to that point, it will depend on the value of 1 BURST.  we can just look at the hash size for the chain at that time, and if the hash size is way too small, we could consider a discussion about increasing the minimum fee to more than one, or perhaps make it possible for miners to not add transactions that have the fee under some level. (not sure if we can do that now)

It is working exactly as designed. You believe that this particular design is not correct/proper/achieving good results and that is perfectly fine Smiley

And might be a good reason to release a clone with a different design to possibly attract more miners long-term...

Perhaps, I do not think that there is enough data in crypto to be able to tell what a good emission rate is, or in fact, whether such a deflationary model works at all Smiley.

Sure, but you will get more data by releasing clones with different emission rates Wink And competition is seldom wrong imho.

We must realize that Burst does have problems with a decreasing network size, making it more vulnerable to 51% attacks and not attracting investors. Experimenting with clones might be a solution. It doesn't mean we don't believe in the basic technology presented in BUST, quite the contrary in fact, I'd say.

we have had a price "crash" from over 100 to below 30.  Network size is supposed to start to adjust down towards 30% when the price adjust down to 30%, it's by design. You want the expenses to match the revenue.

I think you are just greedy and want money taken from users, and given to miners.

Jeez... I agree that Burst is a winner but only technology-wise. It's innovative as no other coin. Great.

But we have had a little price crash...? You're lying if you saying the "crash" is from 100 to 30sat. There is a very steady downward-trend since the pump to +200sat back in February. In that perspective, a majority of miners have stayed extremely loyal. I'm convinced they are loyal due to the basic technological breakthroughs that Burst has, coupled with the low cost of mining, hoping something magical will happen. Like the coin will be magical discovered by the masses after 15 months since launch.

That won't happened, coz Burst is just as big of a failure when it comes the utility, current and coming development, and PR, as it is a winner when it comes to innovation and technology.

Greed..., yup, perhaps, but greed is good. Read Douglas' monologue from the movie and you understand what I mean. Greed drives people like pure technology does not.

That said, I do think that a clone with a different emission rate will be more successful, but I'm quite pessimistic to whether only changing the emission rate is enough as incentive to make a star out of PoC/AT/ACCT/etc. A clone would have a way better chance to be successful if it's backed by some serious investors from the get-go, enabling to pay for developers and PR, or developmental collaboration with a coin as Sia.

But perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps a different emission rate will suffice. I'd say "let's see". And let's see what will happen to Burst with competition out there.

vaxman

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:26:32 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2015, 07:43:22 AM by vaxman

One of my Wallets showed today:

Code:
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "qtp1800503195-1502"
2015-09-24 08:56:10 INFO: CRITICAL ERROR. PLEASE REPORT TO THE DEVELOPERS.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Has anybody a fix for that?

If you are running the vanilla run.[sh|bat] you get the default max memory config, which depends on platform/revison and whatnot.
Just start with e.g.

Code:
java -Xmx4G -d64 -cp burst.jar:lib/*:conf nxt.Nxt

for a maxheap of 4G. Look for "MaxHeapSize" [Bytes] in your defaults to get an idea of where to start:

Code:
$ java -XX:+PrintFlagsFinal -version | grep HeapSize
    uintx ErgoHeapSizeLimit                         = 0               {product}          
    uintx HeapSizePerGCThread                       = 87241520        {product}          
    uintx InitialHeapSize                          := 150171776       {product}          
    uintx LargePageHeapSizeThreshold                = 134217728       {product}          
    uintx MaxHeapSize                              := 2403336192      {product}          
Code:
c:\> java -XX:+PrintFlagsFinal -version | findstr /R /C:"HeapSize"
(your output here, no DOS-descendants at hand to try)
Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 07:50:51 AM

I get:
java -XX:+PrintFlagsFinal -version | grep HeapSize
Code:
    uintx ErgoHeapSizeLimit                         = 0                                   {product}
    uintx HeapSizePerGCThread                       = 87241520                            {product}
    uintx InitialHeapSize                          := 526385152                           {product}
    uintx LargePageHeapSizeThreshold                = 134217728                           {product}
    uintx MaxHeapSize                              := 8422162432                          {product}

Would refer -Xmx4G  to MaxHeapSize?
Would I need -Xmx16G Huh  or something between 8 and 16?

mustang9

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:00:01 AM

we have had a price "crash" from over 100 to below 30.  Network size is supposed to start to adjust down towards 30% when the price adjust down to 30%, it's by design. You want the expenses to match the revenue.

Jeez... I agree that Burst is a winner but only technology-wise. It's innovative as no other coin. Great.

But we have had a little price crash...? You're lying if you saying the "crash" is from 100 to 30sat. There is a very steady downward-trend since the pump to +200sat back in February. In that perspective, a majority of miners have stayed extremely loyal. I'm convinced they are loyal due to the basic technological breakthroughs that Burst has, coupled with the low cost of mining, hoping something magical will happen. Like the coin will be magical discovered by the masses after 15 months since launch.

That won't happened, coz Burst is just as big of a failure when it comes the utility, current and coming development, and PR, as it is a winner when it comes to innovation and technology.

Greed..., yup, perhaps, but greed is good. Read Douglas' monologue from the movie and you understand what I mean. Greed drives people like pure technology does not.

That said, I do think that a clone with a different emission rate will be more successful, but I'm quite pessimistic to whether only changing the emission rate is enough as incentive to make a star out of PoC/AT/ACCT/etc. A clone would have a way better chance to be successful if it's backed by some serious investors from the get-go, enabling to pay for developers and PR, or developmental collaboration with a coin as Sia.

But perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps a different emission rate will suffice. I'd say "let's see". And let's see what will happen to Burst with competition out there.

I invested 200k BURST a month ago. Today I sold all of it! (bought at 0.00000032 sold at 0.00000029).
The biggest problem with BURST is Plotting, second is lack of good Guides and software. I think that if there isn’t going to be a breakthrough soon, BURST is lost, this is why:
I do love mining BUSRT itself allot, like the most of us. I like tying up old hardware and re-use it to get involved with the future. This is why Bitcoin ever got into the publicity, without us geeks nothing would have happened and the Block chain technology would not been what it is today. We can’t strengthen this BUSRT community if it there won’t be more interest from the big crowd. We need a more simple proses for everybody to start with BURST, just like Bitcoin and Script had in the past. The Windows GUI wallet works, but most mining guides you find are out of date. The BURST forum has certificate errors so it looks dead and abandoned and most guides available have download links that don’t work anymore or just take you through the very basics without explaining stuff (I know, we are geeks not marketing guru`s). All utilities that have been built by the community to calculate plots, nonces etc. are nice, but we need a simple all-in-one version that does it all. A step by step walkthrough that gets you going, not just explaining wat a Stagger is, but take you through it and gives you a slider at the end rather than editing a .txt and build a code, covert it back to .bat to start plotting. My bets are on the Windows GUI wallet, but we need more power from the build-in plotter. Now its plotting 2TB with my Intel Core i7-3820 (s2011), most of the big crowd have less power. The Windows GUI wallet plots with just 1GB RAM out of my 16GB available? Ok it does 9200 nonce, not bad, but it takes a whopping 48 hours to get one drive finished at 8 cores! Do you know how many noise a PC makes for 48hours when its plotting with all 8 cores? And yes, I have water-cooling! Some of the disks I tested plotted on the Windows GUI wallet Plotter won’t ever complete. They will be fully written 100% so the plotter can’t write the entire plot to the drive since its full?!?. It would be nice if the plotter had calculated the Plot upfront instead of me finding out after 48h draining 850watts of power it can’t complete its plot? We also need more power, we need the ability to use all of our RAM available if we want to, we have GPU`s, why can’t we use it in the Windows GUI Wallet? We also need hardware guides to build dedicated plotters and we need YouTube films that take us through things like “Assets” (which are big scams anyway!), the marketplace, Aliases, messages, Tokens, Transactions etc. None of that is at hand at the moment except if you spend 5 days hoping from one dead forum to another dead forum (this one is alive but a big mess, a moderator would be nice!). Questions like Flash drives, USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0 are unanswered or scattered around abandoned forums. Why is all of this a mystery, are the people that are currently mining scared to share their knowledge to the big crowd? Afraid the difficulty would rise? If yes, this Crypto is lost, because without public interest, the value will never increase! Soon the world will found out Bitcoin mining is dead if they haven’t already. BURST would be the next best thing, time is ticking!
I`m willing to make BURST YouTube films and take people through all of it. I spend at least 50 hours on BURST and still don’t have all the required answers I need to build a guide or add any value for people than beyond what’s already on YouTube. I`m very dedicated to get stuff working, but I don’t know many people that have real computer skills that would be able to get this figured out. What I`m trying to say; if I can’t get it working and figured out myself, most of the people won’t. Without public interest, BURST will be a small community with people like you guys mining this crypto, and that way it won’t grow in value like Bitcoin did.
So creators of BURST, please get the big public`s interest, and I believe BURST has a second change. Without improvement, this wonderful technology (PoC) will soon be copy pasted by another Crypto and BURST will be lost. Next week the Antminer S7 orders will be delivered, Bitcoin will very soon loose allot of miners. The will go online to find out if there is money to be made. Be there with BURST while we can!
Sorry for my frustrations, trust me when I say “I do believe in BURST” but there is work to be done!

vaxman

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:09:15 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2015, 10:11:33 AM by vaxman

I get:
java -XX:+PrintFlagsFinal -version | grep HeapSize
Code:
    uintx ErgoHeapSizeLimit                         = 0                                   {product}
    uintx HeapSizePerGCThread                       = 87241520                            {product}
    uintx InitialHeapSize                          := 526385152                           {product}
    uintx LargePageHeapSizeThreshold                = 134217728                           {product}
    uintx MaxHeapSize                              := 8422162432                          {product}

Would refer -Xmx4G  to MaxHeapSize?
Would I need -Xmx16G Huh  or something between 8 and 16?

Elmit, what are you doing with your wallet - running out of heap at ~8GB ?!?!
I never had more than 3 GB IIRC, and that was with
  >20 connected java-miners, (long time ago)
  nxt.myAddress defined (incoming connections) and  
  nxt.maxNumberOfConnectedPublicPeers=50 (reduced now)

Code:
$ java -X

-Xms<size>        set initial Java heap size
    -Xmx<size>        set maximum Java heap size
    -Xss<size>        set java thread stack size
 …

You may freely define your stacksize (-Xmx256G), but when the code actually allocates that and it is more than your system can deliver (virt.mem enabled?) this will still break.
What OS + Java Version ?
daWallet

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 08:38:01 AM

[...] My bets are on the Windows GUI wallet, but we need more power from the build-in plotter. Now its plotting 2TB with my Intel Core i7-3820 (s2011), most of the big crowd have less power. The Windows GUI wallet plots with just 1GB RAM out of my 16GB available? Ok it does 9200 nonce, not bad, but it takes a whopping 48 hours to get one drive finished at 8 cores! Do you know how many noise a PC makes for 48hours when its plotting with all 8 cores? And yes, I have water-cooling! Some of the disks I tested plotted on the Windows GUI wallet Plotter won’t ever complete. They will be fully written 100% so the plotter can’t write the entire plot to the drive since its full?!?. It would be nice if the plotter had calculated the Plot upfront instead of me finding out after 48h draining 850watts of power it can’t complete its plot? We also need more power, we need the ability to use all of our RAM available if we want to, we have GPU`s, why can’t we use it in the Windows GUI Wallet?

One week ago I uploaded a fix for the RAM issue. Luxe told me that problem, but he couldn't give me feedback till now and I don't have so much RAM to test it.
Thanks for the information, that you couldn't complete your plots. Thats one number to fix in the code, but someone has to tell me. Btw, there's no problem with incomplete plots, there are missing some nounces but you can mine them anyway without loss.

That all won't change the time the CPU plotter needs... And that's actually a feature of Burst. (High initial costs - low running costs)

I don't have good GPU(s) and I have never plotted with it. The win client is for the masses to get Burst going easily. Maybe I will implement GPU plotting and mining someday or someone else will, but if you want to use your GPUs in parallel or whatever to be one time faster then the ordinary user you have to put some effort in it and understand the available tools and write one or two lines in a terminal or editing one .bat file.  

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
mustang9

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:01:50 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2015, 12:09:08 PM by mustang9

[...] My bets are on the Windows GUI wallet, but we need more power from the build-in plotter. Now its plotting 2TB with my Intel Core i7-3820 (s2011), most of the big crowd have less power. The Windows GUI wallet plots with just 1GB RAM out of my 16GB available? Ok it does 9200 nonce, not bad, but it takes a whopping 48 hours to get one drive finished at 8 cores! Do you know how many noise a PC makes for 48hours when its plotting with all 8 cores? And yes, I have water-cooling! Some of the disks I tested plotted on the Windows GUI wallet Plotter won’t ever complete. They will be fully written 100% so the plotter can’t write the entire plot to the drive since its full?!?. It would be nice if the plotter had calculated the Plot upfront instead of me finding out after 48h draining 850watts of power it can’t complete its plot? We also need more power, we need the ability to use all of our RAM available if we want to, we have GPU`s, why can’t we use it in the Windows GUI Wallet?

One week ago I uploaded a fix for the RAM issue. Luxe told me that problem, but he couldn't give me feedback till now and I don't have so much RAM to test it.
Thanks for the information, that you couldn't complete your plots. Thats one number to fix in the code, but someone has to tell me. Btw, there's no problem with incomplete plots, there are missing some nounces but you can mine them anyway without loss.

That all won't change the time the CPU plotter needs... And that's actually a feature of Burst. (High initial costs - low running costs)

I don't have good GPU(s) and I have never plotted with it. The win client is for the masses to get Burst going easily. Maybe I will implement GPU plotting and mining someday or someone else will, but if you want to use your GPUs in parallel or whatever to be one time faster then the ordinary user you have to put some effort in it and understand the available tools and write one or two lines in a terminal or editing one .bat file.  

Good to know people are working on it. If I can do some testing, please let me know. I have an 7970 OC and 16GB DDR3 at hand and a whole lot of USB3 stuff and drives.
Its best to invest all into the GUI Wallet, this keeps it All-in-One and easy to understand.

[EDIT] I need to take back some words! Version 0.1.9.1 has launched without my knowledge and it does use 8GB instead of 1GB in version 0.1.9! Bravo!

100 BURST send to BURST-LNVN-5M4L-S9KP-H5AAC!

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL473/10806159/24675080/411678358.jpg

Its not doing the 9200 nonce I had before, could that has to do because this is a 2.5" drive and the 9200 was a 3.5"?

BurstIncomeAsset

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:02:17 AM

Pinballdude PM me your BURST address, I will send you a bit of INCOME as a bounty for your hard work, from the bounty address. With the condition to please don't sell it in the near future.

You have worked very hard and you help the mining network too so you deserve it.

We still got 17,000 INCOME in the bounty address  BURST-C9QM-PF9P-MHQF-FQFYT , that will be given out to hard working people who help BURST thrive as a bounty/ reward for their service.

This is to encourage other people to participate in our project too! People need incentives Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 [1156] 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: