Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:30:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375264 times)
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:08:20 PM

I had a problem this weekend for about 2-2 and a half days. While i could see and connect to the pom pool website, no miner could connect to the pom pool. No response from the pool either when i pinged it. Changed my dns servers with google dns and opendns in case something was wrong with my isp dns servers but nothing. Sunday night, i was able to connect again.

Does anyone have any clue about what was the problem?

hey

i had some problem too for a few hours today, but all my miners went down even the hurricane X6 to the multipool.us
but after a few hours they where reconecting automaticly.
(cloudfair, dns)
but my internet workt fine thought

xms

Thanks for the info xms. So its working nice now?

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xms

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:15:58 PM

I had a problem this weekend for about 2-2 and a half days. While i could see and connect to the pom pool website, no miner could connect to the pom pool. No response from the pool either when i pinged it. Changed my dns servers with google dns and opendns in case something was wrong with my isp dns servers but nothing. Sunday night, i was able to connect again.

hey

i had some problem too for a few hours today, but all my miners went down even the hurricane X6 to the multipool.us
(cloudflair, dns)

xms

yes, all the miners where reconecting automaticly

i7 3770 cpu mining on pom.m-hash.com,
hurricane X6 scrypt on RPI to multipool.us

find out in de morning mining was off but when ik lookt ad work to the pool statictics there where all back on line
(i think its a cloudflair thing)

XMG: 9Dqt2gQz5iNFFsMiFS3ftDd486RQQFW9Sx ,  BLE: JTk35RjRPD5wUzRRRUEb6t84QRvJKkfeFz
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:22:03 PM

hey

(cloudflair, dns)

xms

yes, all the miners where reconecting automaticly

i7 3770 cpu mining on pom.m-hash.com,
hurricane X6 scrypt on RPI to multipool.us

find out in de morning mining was off but when ik lookt ad work to the pool statictics there where all back on line
(i think its a cloudflair thing)

Thanks xms for you quick respons!!

xms

Activity: 223

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:25:53 PM

hey.

if someone has problems with conection to a pool, try a different pool and or with a different miner(s), then go back later to your first pool

xms

XMG: 9Dqt2gQz5iNFFsMiFS3ftDd486RQQFW9Sx ,  BLE: JTk35RjRPD5wUzRRRUEb6t84QRvJKkfeFz
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:31:12 PM

[Update] New wallet v1.2.2.1 (not hardfork):

Downloads:

Windows: http://coinmagi.org/files/magi-release/m-wallet-1.2.2.1-win.zip
Linux: http://coinmagi.org/files/magi-release/m-wallet-1.2.2.1-linux.tar.gz
Mac OS X: http://coinmagi.org/files/magi-release/m-wallet-1.2.2.1-macosx.dmg
Source code: https://github.com/magi-project/magi/

Updates:

• Updated checkpoints
  • Compilation with Berkeley DB v4.8.30.NC

Starting from v1.2.2.1, we will use Berkeley DB v4.8.30.NC in any future release (http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz). The DB concern was raised by feldenthorne. We will stick to the version 4.8 for compatibility. For this reason, you may need to do setup in case you were running wallet with a higher DB version >4.8:

# Windows: not affected since all prior wallets were built using the same DB version.
# Mac OS: you have to perform DB migration as detailed below.
# Linux: you have to perform DB migration as detailed below.

The Linux wallet now was built statically enclosing most of libraries. The current release was built by Linux Mint, and has been tested under my Xubuntu VB box. Let me know your linux version if it doesn't work for you.

I found one issue when building statical linux wallet that is the Qt font which I haven't managed to embed it statically. You need to set this up manually: 1) create a folder: /usr/local/Qt-5.4.1/lib/fonts; 2) copy a TTF font file into this folder, e.g., DroidSans.ttf as enclosed in the "fonts" folder, or any others you can find elsewhere.

Note to Mac OS compilation: I was only able to build db-4.8.30.NC by applying patch as specified here: https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/databases/db48/files/patch-dbinc_atomic.h?rev=104994

DB migration:

If you ran the wallet with a higher DB version, you will have to re-sync the whole blockchain and convert to db4.8 wallet.

1) Make sure to backup wallet.dat. Delete everything (blockchain) except wallet.dat. If you don't want to spend much time to download everything through the wallet, I have uploaded an existing chain here: http://coinmagi.org/files/m-blockchain; download and unpack the files into the magi folder.

2) Rename wallet.dat to, say wallet.dat.db6 (assume your prior db version is 6), and then do the following:

Code:
/opt/local/src/db/db-6.1.19/release/bin/db_dump wallet.dat.db6 | /opt/local/src/db/db-4.8.30.NC/release/bin/db_load wallet.dat

I have two DB installed respectively in /opt/local/src/db/db-6.1.19/release/bin/ and /opt/local/src/db/db-4.8.30.NC/release/bin.

3) Rund Qt wallet.

4) If you have issue with wallet conversion, I could do it for you. Alternatively, simply start over a new wallet (through the new wallet) and transfer coins into it (through the old wallet).

A side note: you are free to use any DB version to build the wallet; it works just fine, though we recommend to use the official wallets which are built with DB4.8.

Let me know any questions you may have.

For people who missed this one!

thdim

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:36:26 PM

Can anyone speculate what's in store for the future of Joe's (he did create it, correct?) M7M algorithm?  It's very surprising that more attention hasn't been given to this unique concept, especially considering today's popular algos (and each one's possibly crippling flaws).  

Give it to me straight - what is the best and worst of M7M?  Could it catch on if other algorithms succumb to their inherent flaws? Is M7M simply unique to XMG, and cannot be reverse engineered for other coin?

...I'm still reading up on M7M so forgive any stupidity  Roll Eyes

Thanks for asking. It's not a stupid question amigo Smiley
I did a short search but i think at the moment Magi is still the only one using the M7M algo in combination with the unique blockreward system! Maybe there will come other coins with M7M. (clones). But why? What will be the intention for a copied coin. Think we all know the answer for that.
About the attention; yes i think Magi deserve more attention. As we all notice the attention growing step by step. I think thats a good thing.
It also gives the team and community time to work on more unique developments. Personally I have a fulltime job and the promotions, campaigns and other things I do for Magi I do in my free time and for free. And there are more people working for Magi free or receiving small rewards. I think the drive to give the crypto world a unique and fair coin without ipo and premine is very big. The fact that all people can mine Magi is nice. And also the awesome development of the standalone payment gateway is a huge development. There are not a lot of coins who have that. All developments and also all different and unique campaigns makes Magi for some coins a big competitor. Some people like it and joined our community. And some people don't. Every succes in this world has people pro and against. Check btc. It has also lots of people pro and against it.
But in time we all now what Magi can do in this cryptoworld. For now I can say to you that the Magi team is far from finished with developments. i mean with this that there will be much more awesome developments coming!
Working together with the awesome Magical community we have, Magi will raise on every point.
Thank you all and let's keep it going! Smiley

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes  keep voting for Magi here also! Grin

that is a great post! Magi is really offering something to the cryptoworld and that is something that people see, that's the reason that so many people do thinks for Magi, in difference than many of the coins that got created only for trading.
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:48:38 PM

Can anyone speculate what's in store for the future of Joe's (he did create it, correct?) M7M algorithm?  It's very surprising that more attention hasn't been given to this unique concept, especially considering today's popular algos (and each one's possibly crippling flaws).  

Give it to me straight - what is the best and worst of M7M?  Could it catch on if other algorithms succumb to their inherent flaws? Is M7M simply unique to XMG, and cannot be reverse engineered for other coin?

...I'm still reading up on M7M so forgive any stupidity  Roll Eyes

Thanks for asking. It's not a stupid question amigo Smiley
I did a short search but i think at the moment Magi is still the only one using the M7M algo in combination with the unique blockreward system! Maybe there will come other coins with M7M. (clones). But why? What will be the intention for a copied coin. Think we all know the answer for that.
About the attention; yes i think Magi deserve more attention. As we all notice the attention growing step by step. I think thats a good thing.
It also gives the team and community time to work on more unique developments. Personally I have a fulltime job and the promotions, campaigns and other things I do for Magi I do in my free time and for free. And there are more people working for Magi free or receiving small rewards. I think the drive to give the crypto world a unique and fair coin without ipo and premine is very big. The fact that all people can mine Magi is nice. And also the awesome development of the standalone payment gateway is a huge development. There are not a lot of coins who have that. All developments and also all different and unique campaigns makes Magi for some coins a big competitor. Some people like it and joined our community. And some people don't. Every succes in this world has people pro and against. Check btc. It has also lots of people pro and against it.
But in time we all now what Magi can do in this cryptoworld. For now I can say to you that the Magi team is far from finished with developments. i mean with this that there will be much more awesome developments coming!
Working together with the awesome Magical community we have, Magi will raise on every point.
Thank you all and let's keep it going! Smiley

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes  keep voting for Magi here also! Grin

Well said ! Admires!
DirtyUniverse

Activity: 224

All I want is a new CLEAN page for just to live!

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:54:28 PM

i really love Magi but my coins gone. i was open my wallet on my server and my server now deleted. :/ maybe i will mine again.

I love magi community! thanks for all.

Ok
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:58:58 PM

i really love Magi but my coins gone. i was open my wallet on my server and my server now deleted. :/ maybe i will mine again.

Thanks for the nice words! Did you not have a backup?

DirtyUniverse

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:17:13 PM

Thanks for the nice words! Did you not have a backup?

Unfortunately. I was stored my wallet on server and i reinstalled server for install linux. but i forgot the wallet. i  I have just my adress and pool account. :/ I lost about 850 xmg.

This was a lesson to me. Now i backup all important files.

Ok
Spexx

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:23:58 PM

I am really sorry to hear that. Ultimately, the way to avoid such tragedies is simply to take a copy of your wallet.dat file and keep it safe on some other medium such as a CD/DVD or memory stick, another hard drive, cloud storage etc. Everything else can be rebuilt but you need that wallet.dat file and it is only a few megabytes. Who provided the server? Do they keep backups for you? They would certainly keep backups for themselves. It would be worth asking for their help in recovering your files, since it is likely to be fairly routine.

Edit: Just seen your later post. Gutted man Sad If you put your XMG address in your forum sig, some of us might be tempted to send you a donation to help you out a bit Wink

On another but related note. When there is a wallet application software upgrade required, there is absolutely no need to create a new wallet and send all the coins from the old wallet to the new one. After closing down the running wallet application and taking a precautionary backup of the wallet.dat file, all I did was run up the new wallet application software and everything was perfectly ok. In fact, I can take a very old backup copy of my wallet.dat file from September 2014 and run with that just as well insofar as access to my XMG is concerned - the only stuff missing is sending/receiving addresses created since that backup was taken.

DirtyUniverse

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:30:28 PM

I am really sorry to hear that. Ultimately, the way to avoid such tragedies is simply to take a copy of your wallet.dat file and keep it safe on some other medium such as a CD/DVD or memory stick, another hard drive, cloud storage etc. Everything else can be rebuilt but you need that wallet.dat file and it is only a few megabytes. Who provided the server? Do they keep backups for you? They would certainly keep backups for themselves. It would be worth asking for their help in recovering your files, since it is likely to be fairly routine.

Edit: Just seen your later post. Gutted man Sad

On another but related note. When there is a wallet application software upgrade required, there is absolutely no need to create a new wallet and send all the coins from the old wallet to the new one. After closing down the running wallet application and taking a precautionary backup of the wallet.dat file, all I did was run up the new wallet application software and everything was perfectly ok. In fact, I can take a very old backup copy of my wallet.dat file from September 2014 and run with that just as well insofar as access to my XMG is concerned - the only stuff missing is sending/receiving addresses created since that backup was taken.

I using VMware vSphere. it's my fault. I forgot the wallet and reinstalled my os.

Now i backup my important files to cloud and flash memory..

Edit: thanks for this but i will start mining again, when i start i will write my new adress.

Ok
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:16:52 PM

As you remember Goldlabel made a post about an awesome and unique development were thefruitsclan is working on. (Don't remember read it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg11174437#msg11174437 )

TheFruitsClan (Goldlabel + his team) and Magi team would like to give you all more information before launch time. (06-06-2015) You all can expect the post with the first information tomorrow.

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:55:31 PM

I using VMware vSphere. it's my fault. I forgot the wallet and reinstalled my os.

There is still one last-ditch chance that your wallet.dat file is still on the disc. There are file recovery tools available which can find stuff as long as that particular area of the disc has not yet been over-written. Google is your friend with this. The less you use that disc, the better the chance the file might still be there. Worth a go.

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:08:23 AM

As you remember Goldlabel made a post about an awesome and unique development were thefruitsclan is working on. (Don't remember read it here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg11174437#msg11174437 )

TheFruitsClan (Goldlabel + his team) and Magi team would like to give you all more information before launch time. (06-06-2015) You all can expect the post with the first information tomorrow.
During the days Bitcointalk was offline this information was posted on Bitcoingarden.
So for your information i also posted it here now. Wink

Awesome news: New anonymous donation received for Magi (XMG) second Proof of interest campaign!

Anonymous donator said: "More will come IF Magi keeps on growing step by step. Stay active and keep the awesome developments coming! I'am looking forward to 06-06-2015!  People come and go in cryptoworld but I noticed Magi community stays very friendly, helping eachother and is growing!"

My respons to that was: " Yes!!! Thank you sir!

Magi is one step closer to the second Proof of Interest. The first one is a huge succes! But the fund needed is also huge. So awesome Magi community
keep up the good work! Show the world some Magic.

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:14:33 AM

Talking about magic - I notice a healthy upswing in the price of XMG today Cheesy

Samael82

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:52:24 AM

HI! People, I used to mine on nonce-pool and get something about 100 XMG/week per 100 KH/s.
And this is real profitrate, I measured on two accs with 200 and 400+ Kh/s through weeks.
But this pool is intended to close. All others give me a half of benfit, suprnova.cc for example and even POM II m-hash pool.
Why and which pool you think I should prefer? Huh
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:00:32 AM

HI! People, I used to mine on nonce-pool and get something about 100 XMG/week per 100 KH/s.
And this is real profitrate, I measured on two accs with 200 and 400+ Kh/s through weeks.
But this pool is intended to close. All others give me a half of benfit, suprnova.cc for example and even POM II m-hash pool.
Why and which pool you think I should prefer? Huh

You may have hit a lucky streak on Noncepool. My longer-term results with spreading hashrate among pools show fairly even returns. Imho it is best to spread your hashrate among the pools as much as is practically possible. This is beneficial to yourself in terms of tolerance to faults arising on a single pool and is also beneficial to the community in many other ways. Supporting the smaller pools is important in a number of ways too.

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:07:16 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 11:18:50 AM by Spexx

Again some strange things with the wallet.

I now have 10K unconfirmed, which stay unconfirmed already for 24 hours,
even with -rescan or repairwallet.
Now also staking 2500, but also no staking because of weight.
Until now no coins lost. (or it should be this 2500)

Explanation please, team.
When are the staking coins going back to balance?

Wow! It seems as though the wallet is trying to stake just as it would if those 10K coins had been confirmed already, but because they have not yet been confirmed there is no weight to back-up the stake. Did that make sense?

I was looking up some info about this "stuck transaction" issue and it seems as though the wait can be somewhat more than 24 hours when it happens on the Bitcoin blockchain Sad

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232979.0

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 11:10:17 AM

when i see  those pictures from some of you guys, you made me feel like a smal worm Sad, you guys have lot of xmg on your wallets.

i start to think that maybe is better turn off my cpu from minning this great coin, because i will need 15 years to have some good ammount at my wallet.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Pages: « 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: