Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:51:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 [1984] 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312339 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Bitcoinnation
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:54:38 AM

I really wonder monero seems so silent throughout the bearish season. While other major cryptos still on the radar, monero seems to be out from it already even if it is still having a good cap and price. I believe that once the bullish season starts, monero will be listed on the top 10 again.
Do you even follow anything or you are just commenting for the sake. Monero is currently number 10 on the ranks. XMR is pretty solid, it will stand the test of time
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:39:59 AM

GUI v0.13.0.4 'Beryllium Bullet' released!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/9ti2on/gui_v01304_beryllium_bullet_released/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:04:03 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 06:30:29 PM by KeyJockey

Hey folks... it's me, yeah I'm back after vanishing so long ago LOL

Just wanted to pop in and make a post today on the bitcoin white paper's official 10th Birthday... posting in this thread just because overall this thread has always been the place I posted the most in the last several years (hopefully mods won't delete it as off topic?)

Wanted to say also that seems to me today at ten years into this great experiment, and guessing it might take something like twenty years for crypto to really take over as the real new global currency, a little perspective we are about half way to it being all said and done, either total failure or global dominance.

I myself got into this stuff only about 5-ish years ago so I guess I'm personally "halfway thru the halfway", seems like a million years ago LOL

But... yeah... well... that's about it.  Hope y'all doin' well out there.  I'm kinda laying low "out" of day to day worry on all the cryptoshit these days but still hangin' in there for this stuff to have all been actually worthwhile, in the end.

Ciao for Now, bitches!  LOL  Grin  

P.S. Wow... COOL!!!  Looks like my post triggered the top post on the 2000th page!!!  Cheesy

Good to see you back - and well done for being top of page 2000.

Surely that's a good omen - stick around, the bear market should be over before too long.

>>> Surely that's a good omen...

Yes it could be a good omen, agreed... but don't call me Shirley.  Grin    --    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

>>> ... stick around, the bear market should be over before too long.

Indeed what goes up must come down and (maybe still?) what goes down must come up again, um... we hope?  LOL

But yah okay sure I'll bite if anyone else wants to take a stab at it too: "WHEN" will this current BEAR cycle finally bottom out, and WHERE will it be?

My best guess at the moment is we got probably about another 50% drop left, i.e. somewhere around BTC like $2500, BCH like $250, XMR like $50-ish.

And it'll take from now till somewhere around like next spring, early summer, when all the final capitulation, wailing, rending-of-garments, and gnashing-of-teeth will all be finally over with.

Around then things will *finally* start turning around.

Then we'll be back to new ATH mania hysteria "crypto is *back*, baby!" sometime approx around the next Halvening Time and the year or so afterwards.

This last "cycle" was the approx $1000-to-$10,000 ten-bagger run (although it hugely overshot to $20K)

The cycle before that was the approx $100-to-$1000 run.

The cycle before THAT was the early-days $10-to-$100 run (which nobody except original cypherpunks usenet geek nerds were aware of).

SO this next coming cycle ten-bagger will be $10,000-to-$100,000 run, second-to-LAST of what's possible.

Only the FINAL possible ten-bagger of $100,000-to-$1,000,000 might not actually happen, in my opinion.

And IF it does happen it'll take a shit ton of much longer TIME to play out... like maybe a decade.

So, really bottom line?

ALL YOU FOLKS WHO MAYBE MISSED OUT ON A CRYPTO GET-RICH TEN-BAGGER RUN... PAY ATTENTION.

Ya got maybe ONE CHANCE LEFT, coming soon.

Git yer shit tagether and lined up ready ta hit da ground runnin'... Real Soon Now.

Ya got a few months to maybe a year to prepare from now.

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:56:17 PM

I really wonder monero seems so silent throughout the bearish season. While other major cryptos still on the radar, monero seems to be out from it already even if it is still having a good cap and price. I believe that once the bullish season starts, monero will be listed on the top 10 again.
Do you even follow anything or you are just commenting for the sake. Monero is currently number 10 on the ranks. XMR is pretty solid, it will stand the test of time

Don't mind him.  He's been toking a lot of weed nonstop since March.  Cheesy  He prolly even thinks BTC is still trading around 10k USD or something.  Lololol.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:24:43 PM
Merited by KeyJockey (4)

ALL YOU FOLKS WHO MAYBE MISSED OUT ON A CRYPTO GET-RICH TEN-BAGGER RUN... PAY ATTENTION.

Git yer shit tagether and lined up ready ta hit da ground runnin'... Real Soon Now.

It is definitely a year.  I mean yes price of Monero or BTC can be double as now in a year, but buying then should still give you huge profit. 
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:21:06 PM

Hey folks... it's me, yeah I'm back after vanishing so long ago LOL

Just wanted to pop in and make a post today on the bitcoin white paper's official 10th Birthday... posting in this thread just because overall this thread has always been the place I posted the most in the last several years (hopefully mods won't delete it as off topic?)

Wanted to say also that seems to me today at ten years into this great experiment, and guessing it might take something like twenty years for crypto to really take over as the real new global currency, a little perspective we are about half way to it being all said and done, either total failure or global dominance.

I myself got into this stuff only about 5-ish years ago so I guess I'm personally "halfway thru the halfway", seems like a million years ago LOL

But... yeah... well... that's about it.  Hope y'all doin' well out there.  I'm kinda laying low "out" of day to day worry on all the cryptoshit these days but still hangin' in there for this stuff to have all been actually worthwhile, in the end.

Ciao for Now, bitches!  LOL  Grin  

P.S. Wow... COOL!!!  Looks like my post triggered the top post on the 2000th page!!!  Cheesy

Good to see you back - and well done for being top of page 2000.

Surely that's a good omen - stick around, the bear market should be over before too long.

>>> Surely that's a good omen...

Yes it could be a good omen, agreed... but don't call me Shirley.  Grin    --    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

>>> ... stick around, the bear market should be over before too long.

Indeed what goes up must come down and (maybe still?) what goes down must come up again, um... we hope?  LOL

But yah okay sure I'll bite if anyone else wants to take a stab at it too: "WHEN" will this current BEAR cycle finally bottom out, and WHERE will it be?

My best guess at the moment is we got probably about another 50% drop left, i.e. somewhere around BTC like $2500, BCH like $250, XMR like $50-ish.

And it'll take from now till somewhere around like next spring, early summer, when all the final capitulation, wailing, rending-of-garments, and gnashing-of-teeth will all be finally over with.

Around then things will *finally* start turning around.

Then we'll be back to new ATH mania hysteria "crypto is *back*, baby!" sometime approx around the next Halvening Time and the year or so afterwards.

This last "cycle" was the approx $1000-to-$10,000 ten-bagger run (although it hugely overshot to $20K)

The cycle before that was the approx $100-to-$1000 run.

The cycle before THAT was the early-days $10-to-$100 run (which nobody except original cypherpunks usenet geek nerds were aware of).

SO this next coming cycle ten-bagger will be $10,000-to-$100,000 run, second-to-LAST of what's possible.

Only the FINAL possible ten-bagger of $100,000-to-$1,000,000 might not actually happen, in my opinion.

And IF it does happen it'll take a shit ton of much longer TIME to play out... like maybe a decade.

So, really bottom line?

Yes, this is all realistic and I don't disagree (I think we could possibly hit worse lows in Jan).  

But... since when did Bitcoin (or crypto in general) fail to surprise us?  Let's look at the BTC market (more than half of the entire market) and assume we will be swept along with it, since Monero is easily one of the better coins, arguably no. 2.

FACTS:

1. There are simply less BTC available.  And there are more people that feel they ought to have some.
2. It's not just 'us retail investors' anymore.  Huge corporate money is close by, finger on the trigger.
3. People already know when there is a bullrun it can be HUGE.  This is not pipe dreams, it's proven.
4. No one doubts it could be $20K again.  Most think even more is at least 'possible'.
5. The moment it even looks like 'it's happening' the FOMO will be fucking huge (see 1,2.3.4 above).

History never really repeats itself.   But is does rhyme.

And Monero will make history too.  It is too good and hey, the cream always rises.

我想要火箭和火车
Bitcoinaire

Activity: 696
Merit: 439

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:32:47 PM
Merited by kurious (1)

There were a little over 12 million coins mined by January 1 2014 compared to 17,300,000 currently. Millions of more people are ready to buy and add to the mix institutional players and we could see new ATH's sooner than we think.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 10:18:36 PM
Merited by kurious (1)

There were a little over 12 million coins mined by January 1 2014 compared to 17,300,000 currently. Millions of more people are ready to buy and add to the mix institutional players and we could see new ATH's sooner than we think.

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:20:32 PM

That's 3,700,000 Bitcoins left and it will take many years until most of what are remaining are available.

The market volume, in a market that is more than half Bitcoin is over $12,000,000,000 per DAY - and that is with the market at a low.

Half the market is a hell of a lot of cash swishing around - with only a relatively small number of coins remaining, which aren't even mined yet.  So any new demand must buy existing coins.

The price is not remotely sustainable beyond the short term.   In the absence of a black swan event - and ten years after the white paper it doesn't look like we will see one - there is only one conclusion you can make.

Sooner rather than later, this shit's going to blow.

我想要火箭和火车
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:08:48 AM

In the absence of a black swan event - and ten years after the white paper it doesn't look like we will see one - there is only one conclusion you can make.

You mentioned black swan, the famous theme originated by Nassim Nicholas Taleb in his book of the same name.
I read another book of Taleb's recently, "Skin in the Game," in which he mentions the Lindy effect.
According to the Lindy effect, non-perishable, non-biological things that don't have a built-in lifespan limit, such as concepts, religions, and works of literature, have an expected durability roughly equal to the amount of time that they have already survived.  For example, if a Broadway show has played for 100 days, you can expect it to continue playing for about another hundred days.  Or if a book is still being read after 500 years, you can expect it to continue being read 500 years from now.
By this criterion, we can expect Bitcoin to survive about 10 years.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 09:23:06 AM

In the absence of a black swan event - and ten years after the white paper it doesn't look like we will see one - there is only one conclusion you can make.

You mentioned black swan, the famous theme originated by Nassim Nicholas Taleb in his book of the same name.
I read another book of Taleb's recently, "Skin in the Game," in which he mentions the Lindy effect.
According to the Lindy effect, non-perishable, non-biological things that don't have a built-in lifespan limit, such as concepts, religions, and works of literature, have an expected durability roughly equal to the amount of time that they have already survived.  For example, if a Broadway show has played for 100 days, you can expect it to continue playing for about another hundred days.  Or if a book is still being read after 500 years, you can expect it to continue being read 500 years from now.

Yeah but 5 years ago it was finishing now by the same rule. So nonsense really?

Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:59:42 AM

According to the Lindy effect, non-perishable, non-biological things that don't have a built-in lifespan limit, such as concepts, religions, and works of literature, have an expected durability roughly equal to the amount of time that they have already survived.  For example, if a Broadway show has played for 100 days, you can expect it to continue playing for about another hundred days.  Or if a book is still being read after 500 years, you can expect it to continue being read 500 years from now.

"If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry."
LOL
Hey, by your logic, which requires taking Lindy totally literally, then Lindy must imply that nothing would ever survive past the first spark of creation.
But you needn't put any effort into accommodating concepts that don't immediately fit some naive expectations, if you don't so wish.
Taleb is worth reading.
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:54:54 PM

According to the Lindy effect, non-perishable, non-biological things that don't have a built-in lifespan limit, such as concepts, religions, and works of literature, have an expected durability roughly equal to the amount of time that they have already survived.  For example, if a Broadway show has played for 100 days, you can expect it to continue playing for about another hundred days.  Or if a book is still being read after 500 years, you can expect it to continue being read 500 years from now.

"If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry."
LOL
Hey, by your logic, which requires taking Lindy totally literally, then Lindy must imply that nothing would ever survive past the first spark of creation.
But you needn't put any effort into accommodating concepts that don't immediately fit some naive expectations, if you don't so wish.
Taleb is worth reading.

Hmm... by your logic, Bitcoin will always be half way through its life.

You might want to read Taleb again, I believe he did suggest factoring in the health of something, too - since as Globbo rightfully says; this simplistic view is logically nonsense.

What Taleb meant is that the longer something survives the more robust, or anti-fragile it tends to become.  But I don't think that meant an eternal half-life.

我想要火箭和火车
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 02:28:18 PM
Merited by kurious (1)

I think you have the wrong impression of what Bitcoin/Monero is if you are comparing Taleb’s hypothesis on that.  It’s a decentralized effort on the part of people that makes any crypto currencies successful. Bitcoin is still being tormented by the “politics” of Roger Ver & Co. while at the same time continually ignoring all the reasons why... and Monero is still achieving the feat of being able to fund developers on donations on the whim of whether people feel generous or not.

... I wouldn’t chalk up any real cryptocurrency projects to not have any “human-ness” about them at all.
XMR2020

Activity: 45
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:22:00 PM
Merited by BldSwtTrs (2)

What Taleb meant is that the longer something survives the more robust, or anti-fragile it tends to become.  But I don't think that meant an eternal half-life.

Taleb specifically addresses robustness vs antifragility and they shouldn't be used interchangeably

Robustness is static durability. A concrete wall is more robust than a wooden fence. However, on a long enough timeframe, shocks large enough to destroy both structures are guaranteed and they have no mechanism to adapt, so they will be destroyed. The more robust structure can be expected to last longer. However, small shocks to the system won't improve it's expected duration. Intermittently hitting your concrete wall with a hammer won't improve its life expectancy.

Antifragility is a property of systems that specifically gain from disorder. Antifragile systems must have mechanisms for repair and adaptation. Biological evolution is the example. The culling of unfit individuals from populations by prior shocks to the system actually increases the resilience to unpredictable future stressors. Bone density is another example. Small shocks to your bones through controlled weight lifting will decrease your chances of long bone fractures to larger stressors.

Lindy does not mean bitcoin will only live another 10 years. Nor does it imply a symmetrical relationship (as is being suggested above). The most common example of the Lindy effect is in actuarial life expectancy tables. Your life expectancy is SHORTEST at birth. Every additional year you live, your life expectancy increases. For men in the United States, your life expectancy is 75.4 at birth but increases to 79 at age 50. Saying a male who lives 10 years is expected to live another 10 is a gross misunderstanding of the concept. Lindy simply means the life expectancy grows with time, by some unknown factor. Lindy applies most directly to memes, and has no application to strictly perishable good. Humans are partially perishable, so obviously, the lindy factor is much lower than for art or technology.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 03:30:31 PM

Taleb mentions, if I recall correctly, the term "at least" / "minimum" for non-perishable stuff. Thus, following the Lindy effect, a non-perishable good that has existed for 10 years is expected to at least exist another 10 years.

Now, I suppose Bitcoin is technically an implementation of something non-perishable, which somewhat weakens the Lindy effect.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:33:46 PM

BTC going up and XMR going up with it - as are some of the other alts.

Ok, it could be temporary, but it feels pretty bullish after dips and endless sideways motion....  Is it going to be a pleasant November?

我想要火箭和火车
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:00:28 PM

BTC going up and XMR going up with it - as are some of the other alts.

Ok, it could be temporary, but it feels pretty bullish after dips and endless sideways motion....  Is it going to be a pleasant November?

I say YES. Smiley

Could you plz stop hyping yourselves up i want a few more months ok? tyvm Smiley

Seriously it's basically just pure glee at this point coming up with reasons to milk a clock for every spare additional fifteen minutes just so i can buy some fractional amount of monero every two weeks.

Yup, smart. I too have been trying to do the same for the last year.

@KeyJockey seems to just want to yell it from the rooftops. Tongue

...shit I lost a big post...too lazy to redo it. Sad

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Mihho

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:10:36 PM

I believe in this coin, and it seems to me that today is a good time to invest in Monero. I am sure that anonymous coins will be very much in demand soon. People want to keep online privacy.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 09:08:52 PM

@KeyJockey seems to just want to yell it from the rooftops. Tongue

Heh... okay okay yah I disappear for almost a year then come back and can't fucking shut up, huh... LOL

Well it'll happen or it won't happen regardless of my whistling past the graveyard or screaming into the storm winds, right?  Heh...

Then, there's this, too... LOL

Grin  Cheesy  Tongue 

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Pages: « 1 ... 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 [1984] 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: