Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:56:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 09:01:04 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2015, 11:04:32 AM by reRaise

The winners of the Citi Mobile Challenge, GetGems and Billon included, gained access to Citibank’s APIs (application program interface), which they can now use to build products for the financial sector. This was just one of the prizes, amongst money and other awards offered by event sponsors like Uber, IBM, MasterCard or Intel.

Besides, “finalists also have the opportunity to be invited to explore a commercial relationship with Citi, as well as the opportunity to be selected for fast track participation in our sponsor accelerator programs, which could include mentoring, office space and/or investment.”

btw GetGems again on r/Bitcoin frontage http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

Come on team i want to see this app reaching a billion dollar market cap, you have the innovations and tools and most importantly you are the first in this niche market which is pretty empty..for now, lets go.
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:55:19 PM

The winners of the Citi Mobile Challenge, GetGems and Billon included, gained access to Citibank’s APIs (application program interface), which they can now use to build products for the financial sector. This was just one of the prizes, amongst money and other awards offered by event sponsors like Uber, IBM, MasterCard or Intel.

Besides, “finalists also have the opportunity to be invited to explore a commercial relationship with Citi, as well as the opportunity to be selected for fast track participation in our sponsor accelerator programs, which could include mentoring, office space and/or investment.”

Come on team i want to see this app reaching a billion dollar market cap, you have the innovations and tools and most importantly you are the first in this niche market which is pretty empty..for now, lets go.

yeah, go gemz! btw, are there interesting group chats regarding gemz development on getgems yet?

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:24:25 PM

yeah, go gemz! btw, are there interesting group chats regarding gemz development on getgems yet?

- You can join the GetGems google development community: https://plus.google.com/communities/110278063955227936081

- GetGems in-app Android development group chat: https://telegram.me/joinchat/02110e840094bba4eb8f37c27488a4ef

- GetGems in-app iOS development group chat: https://telegram.me/joinchat/02110e8400f5b7809a23357de9d5a6f3
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:48:00 AM

Honestly I don't think this app is hype-able (price wise), even if a major bank said its gonna use GEMS instead of the dollar I still think on polinex it would have 2 BTC vol. The market cap will rise hopefully cause the user base expands rapidly. I guess this is good and bad but mainly I think its good as I'm done chasing hyped coins on rollercoaster trading.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:50:59 AM

What are we actually waiting for at this point? A new version to be approved by Apple? Whats in the new version? Where are we at in the apps development?

Development update soon?

*BTW does everyone know the Koinify wallet will lose access end of this month? I'm not sure thats widely known.
reRaise

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:13:41 AM

Honestly I don't think this app is hype-able (price wise), even if a major bank said its gonna use GEMS instead of the dollar I still think on polinex it would have 2 BTC vol. The market cap will rise hopefully cause the user base expands rapidly. I guess this is good and bad but mainly I think its good as I'm done chasing hyped coins on rollercoaster trading.

Only way for hype coins to rise in price is shilling in forums, these coins have no real use case you cant do jack shit with it so they have no purpose for people to use. gems though will have a real world purpose which is the attention economy, you cant do it with any other coin you need only gems, even litecoin, wtf can you do with litecoin? only buy a few things at some shop well congrats i can do the same with tons of other currencies, there are plenty worthless coins like that. but for now gems doesnt have a real use case aswell untill the ads model is ready, but people buy before hand because if it starts to rise and people start buying gems to use for the adds or investment it will be damn too late to jump in, buying ads will also give the coin lots of volume if the app gets popular.
reRaise

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:19:36 AM

What are we actually waiting for at this point? A new version to be approved by Apple? Whats in the new version? Where are we at in the apps development?

Development update soon?

*BTW does everyone know the Koinify wallet will lose access end of this month? I'm not sure thats widely known.

Don't know what the new version has, probably bug fixes and referral updates but it should be out any moment.

I know about koinify, everyone has until july 30th to withdraw. I still have all my coins at koinify, but im wondering where is the best place to store bigger amount of gems? in the app wallet or counterwallet.io? I mean the only way for people to rob my gems from the app wallet is if they get access to my phone right? Can someone make this clear for me and shine some light if its better to hold gems in counterwallet or app wallet? What are the chances and possibilities for my gems to get robbed from counterwallet against the possibilities of the app wallet?
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:23:14 AM

Just remembered..
Code:
Congratulations! You are receiving this message because you have been selected as a Runner-up winner for the GEMS promotional contest. 

The official Gems presale will take place at www.koinify.com starting November 15th, 2014. Stay tuned as you will receive a message from us at the completion of the Gems presale for further instructions on how to redeem your prize.

GEMS is a token created using the Counterparty protocol - to receive your tokens, you will need a compatible Counterparty wallet. If you haven’t already done so, please feel free to create a wallet on their website at http://counterparty.io/

The goal of GEMS is to make cryptocurrency accessible and easy for everyone to use. Our development team is busy finishing up development of the Gem app which will include a wallet with encrypted chat, and our Terms and Conditions will be available on Koinify.com in the coming weeks.

Our ultimate plan is to release GEM on the iTunes App store, and we thank you for your support and patience as we complete the first-ever cryptocurrency enabled mobile chat application.

Plus keep in touch with us as there will be another GEMS promotion in November where you can enter again for another chance to win additional GEMS and GEMS merchandise.

Check out our recent media coverage:
Coin Desk http://www.coindesk.com/gems-bitcoin-app-lets-users-earn-money-social-messaging/

Best Regards,
Crypto Billboard
www.cryptobillboard.com

I never got paid..

And there was another promotion that didn't pay up..   Roll Eyes

Remembered this after updating the app and losing my account (secret phrase)

**update: wallet has been restored
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:53:26 AM

Development update soon?

Don't know what the new version has, probably bug fixes and referral updates but it should be out any moment.

I know about koinify, everyone has until july 30th to withdraw. I still have all my coins at koinify, but im wondering where is the best place to store bigger amount of gems? in the app wallet or counterwallet.io? I mean the only way for people to rob my gems from the app wallet is if they get access to my phone right? Can someone make this clear for me and shine some light if its better to hold gems in counterwallet or app wallet? What are the chances and possibilities for my gems to get robbed from counterwallet against the possibilities of the app wallet?

I have the majority of my gems in a counterparty wallet that is not connected to the app, (not sure if that's offline or online either way its a wallet you make that not your app wallet address) And I use the app as a wallet and now only have a small amount in it. As far as I understand that what was advised. Counterparty is a safe wallet, I wouldn't be concerned and you can boost its security if you want, its all inside the counterparty wallet, log in and have a play around.
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:40:33 PM

@gemzdev you must push promotion
if you seriously to growth this app
you can add give away to some people finish registration use mobile number
or you can add facebook conect and twitter connect

But the app isn't ready for it yet imo, some things needs to be added, the referral mechanism for active users at least.

Yes: the wide wide world outside of this here echo chamber would very much appreciate the bugs being ironed out first.

Yeah but some bugs must be coming out of the change that new features bring. I'll be honest here, I think there is a priority issue here or at least a development issue. The only feature that this app needs to get off and running is the airdrop and referral system, The airdrop will last for 3 years anyway so much can be developed over time. But this constant adding of refinements which ARE good but are secondary makes me think either 1. There is a problem of priority and secondary features are taking over the development or more serious 2. That there is some problem with implementing the main elements of the app i.e. Referral, Airdrop and to a lesser extent the advertising model. What I worry is that this constant changing of the wallet is more a stalling than actual development like NEM did. I worry cause I still think timing is everything and Gems is losing peoples interest it seems and has similarish apps snapping at its heels. It concerns me.

My hope is within one to two months we have a relatively bug free app with the referral system and the airdrop in place. The rest of the development personally I think is secondary and can happen as the user base hopefully develops.

Would be nice to see devs address this concern. I think he is spot on.  Thanks.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:03:43 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 04:32:31 PM by peled1986

But the app isn't ready for it yet imo, some things needs to be added, the referral mechanism for active users at least.

Yes: the wide wide world outside of this here echo chamber would very much appreciate the bugs being ironed out first.

Yeah but some bugs must be coming out of the change that new features bring. I'll be honest here, I think there is a priority issue here or at least a development issue. The only feature that this app needs to get off and running is the airdrop and referral system, The airdrop will last for 3 years anyway so much can be developed over time. But this constant adding of refinements which ARE good but are secondary makes me think either 1. There is a problem of priority and secondary features are taking over the development or more serious 2. That there is some problem with implementing the main elements of the app i.e. Referral, Airdrop and to a lesser extent the advertising model. What I worry is that this constant changing of the wallet is more a stalling than actual development like NEM did. I worry cause I still think timing is everything and Gems is losing peoples interest it seems and has similarish apps snapping at its heels. It concerns me.

My hope is within one to two months we have a relatively bug free app with the referral system and the airdrop in place. The rest of the development personally I think is secondary and can happen as the user base hopefully develops.

Would be nice to see devs address this concern. I think he is spot on.  Thanks.

Airdrop and referral system are our top priority, we have dedicating a lot of effort behind the scenes to make it difficult to "game the system". Once these changes are implemented in the next version we'll activate the reward model.

ShapeShift.io

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 05:27:09 PM

ShapeShift.io has released the first-ever cryptocurrency exchange app for iPhone. Buy or sell Gemz instantly and on-the-go with the ShapeShift App.

Download the app: http://apple.co/1FU6Njm

Learn about the app in this Forbes article: http://onforb.es/1dtZqVX

NOTE: ShapeShift will be adding their Android app soon. Stay tuned!

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

veritasBS

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:32:47 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 06:48:33 PM by veritasBS

Airdrop and referral system are our top priority, we have dedicating a lot of effort behind the scenes to make it difficult to "game the system". Once these changes are implemented in the next version we'll activate the reward model.

I have been thinking about the advertising model. Each ad could be interactive with the user. If the user sees the ad the user is paid gemz, but if the user chooses to interact with the ad the user could be paid additional gemz. I believe this interaction would be greatly beneficial to the ads effectiveness and therefore beneficial to advertisers. The advertisers will be willing to pay additional gems to the interactive users as the message is more effective.
The interactivity would be something similar to a CAPTCHA but with a question about the ad...i.e. "what company has the best toaster for bagels"? - Answer is the toaster company that placed the ad. This would reinforce the ad's message in the mind of the user. I am currently in the ad biz, this kind of interactivity with the message is very valuable.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 06:36:50 PM

I agree flatly. I was never good at trading myself: the only speculator's skill I show is in the area of long-term buy and hold.

But that said, the long-term promise for GEMZ is GetGems mainstreaming both GEMZ and Bitcoin. If it succeeds, the demand for both will go up hugely.

The markets 'round here are fickle things...Back in tha day, I was looking at buying a Bitcoin's worth of DASH when it was still Darkcoin, The price at that time was a hundredth of what it is now. I still remember looking it over, getting discouraged at the flatness of the chart, and saying to myself: "This one's going nowhere." And at that time, it was going nowhere. A lot of the comments about it outside of its thread were negative and centred around the instamine. So, 'way back then, DARK did look like a loser.

But sure enough, one the Fickle Force got excited about it...

(That said, I am not counting on GEMZ going pump-happy; I'm counting on organic growth over a looong time.)

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 06:38:15 PM

I know about koinify, everyone has until july 30th to withdraw. I still have all my coins at koinify, but im wondering where is the best place to store bigger amount of gems? in the app wallet or counterwallet.io?

I went with counterwallet.io: two wallets for two haunches. But I did send a little more than 500 GEMZ to my GetGems Messenger.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 06:40:34 PM

I have been thinking about the advertising model. Each ad could be interactive with the user. If the user sees the ad the user is paid gemz, but if the user chooses to interact with the ad the user could be paid additional gemz. I believe this interaction would be greatly beneficial to the ads effectiveness and therefore beneficial to advertisers. The advertisers will be willing to pay additional gems to the interactive users as the message is more effective.

Good idea! That improvement would bring something like cost-per-click functionality to the GetGems model.

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 03:11:02 AM

The interactivity would be something similar to a CAPTCHA but with a question about the ad...i.e. "what company has the best toaster for bagels"? - Answer is the toaster company that placed the ad. This would reinforce the ad's message in the mind of the user. I am currently in the ad biz, this kind of interactivity with the message is very valuable.

If it could be done at some point this would be great, it solves the problem with 99% of online advertising that no one cares about it and has no motivation to care about it. It could be a huge selling point to Getgems further down the road if we have a massive user base.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 03:19:31 AM

I agree flatly. I was never good at trading myself: the only speculator's skill I show is in the area of long-term buy and hold.

But that said, the long-term promise for GEMZ is GetGems mainstreaming both GEMZ and Bitcoin. If it succeeds, the demand for both will go up hugely.

The markets 'round here are fickle things...Back in tha day, I was looking at buying a Bitcoin's worth of DASH when it was still Darkcoin, The price at that time was a hundredth of what it is now. I still remember looking it over, getting discouraged at the flatness of the chart, and saying to myself: "This one's going nowhere." And at that time, it was going nowhere. A lot of the comments about it outside of its thread were negative and centred around the instamine. So, 'way back then, DARK did look like a loser.

But sure enough, one the Fickle Force got excited about it...

(That said, I am not counting on GEMZ going pump-happy; I'm counting on organic growth over a looong time.)

Maybe someone is reading this cause Gems just went to 50BTC vol on Polinex, I'm sure some is selling but on the other side of the sell is a smart buyer. Without any exaggeration IF this app is successful and what I mean by successful is just having the amount of users of say an average chat app of a few million. (I've seen at least 10 or more with way more than this) the price of Gemz would make Darkcoin rise look insignificant, it would logically even get into Bitcoin market cap territory but of course Bitcoin would get a massive boost also from the uptake of the Gemz wallet.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:07:55 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2015, 02:14:20 PM by Netnox

GEMZ in the new game Spells of Genesis, looks damn cool.

Full Thread at Bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1086400.new#new

Twitter https://twitter.com/getgemsorg/status/608575037474377728

GEMZCARD - “Precious Gemz Box”

In collaboration with: GetGems.org

Counterparty Asset: http://blockscan.com/assetInfo/GEMZCARD

Units: 1000 Max

Purchase only with: GEMZ

The GEMZCARD, playable as “Precious Gemz Box” is yet another rare trading card with just 1000 units available which can only be obtained using GEMZ. Exclusively designed for GetGems, a social messaging app making it easy for millions of people to adopt bitcoin. EverdreamSoft hopes to support the development of the GetGems Social Messaging and Wallet App.

EverdreamSoft themselves saw some of the Moonga trading cards being sold for over US$  1,000 between its players in the past. They will be on sale with a model where cards will increase in price as more get sold, so early buyers will benefit more than later ones.

The stealing of MtGox

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 06:15:57 PM

Without any exaggeration IF this app is successful and what I mean by successful is just having the amount of users of say an average chat app of a few million. (I've seen at least 10 or more with way more than this) the price of Gemz would make Darkcoin rise look insignificant, it would logically even get into Bitcoin market cap territory but of course Bitcoin would get a massive boost also from the uptake of the Gemz wallet.

Uh, yeah...maybe...but my expectations are more modest. Wink

Comparison: If GEMZ were to go to $1 per, its market cap would be larger than Litecoin's is now. If it were to equal DASH's marketcap as of now, each GEMZ would be worth ~16.89 cents. That's nothing to sneer at - it'd entail a jump of more than 14:1 - but DASH had an advantage moon-wise because its market cap was much lower than GEMZ' is now.

Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: