Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:42:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 [1832] 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350122 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:56:37 PM

It's a grow facility...and you're using the heat exhaust to heat the home, no need for natural gas!
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:01:55 PM

B) Yes, the kano site keeps kicking you off.
Well, no, it times out just like any good banking web site does Tongue

If you use an add-on/Extension to reload every 5 minutes on the Blocks page (like I do) it doesn't time out.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:08:17 PM

k lets give this padrinogtr  thing another try Cheesy. let start by taking all the luck and unnecessary stuff out of the equation.  so lets start by saying there are 5 pools in the world mining the blockchain. it spits out 1 block per day.
day 1 pool 1 gets block day 2 pool 2 on down the line till pool 5 we will call that our pool Cheesy. most (the other 4 pool) using the similar pay system payout WHEN they get a block with the blocks reward they do this buy looking at how much each member worked during the day and turning that into a % that compares with the rest of the workers in the pool. they are payed a % of the block = to their %. in the kano pool its the same accept we look back 5 days instead of 1 to find each workers % again u get the % according to your %. after 5 days u will get the same block payout as all the other pools (accept they have higher fees generally which makes the block smaller). the difference is it takes a whole 5 days instead of 1 to get your full % the up side if u quit or are down for 5 days u are still getting though a diminishing return as the days go by.
  so bottom line kano pool pays bests over the long term due to lower fees. this system is good because if u have break downs or gaps they wont be noticed as much but the real purpose is to stop those who pool hop (try to only work for the pool that is paying on a specific day)  there goal being to get payed everyday instead of once per five days. now there is no point in pool hoppers showing up here because they wont be able to take there money and run to the next pool cause we dont pay them jst for punching in on payday.
  howd i do padrinogtr Cheesy i dont think i qualify for the contest anyway but id like to know if i helped though i haven't seen yer name here in awhile:D.

No offense, but I think you're actually adding unnecessary stuff to the equation.

Also, your premises are flawed

- # of pools mining and number of miners mining has no impact on anything. Only global hashrate and network difficulty (which is adjusted approximately every 2 weeks based on global hashrate) make any difference.

- in your example, those are still PPLNS payout methods if all blocks take 1 day. If that's not what you had in mind, then what you're describing is maybe "PPLND" or  proportional method with rounds equal to 1 day time frame.

- All else being equal, on a long enough time scale, the ONLY thing that makes one pool pay more than others is a lower pool fee.

- re: pool hopping, you need to read organofcorti's write up here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104664.msg1146110#msg1146110 and here: https://bitcoil.co.il/pool_analysis.pdf

I'm not even sure what sort of questions you're asking anymore. Or what sort of explanation you're looking for.
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:09:57 PM

Well something is going on at my house. All of my miners quit showing up at the pool at the same time. Im stuck here at work so I cant even check to see whats going on. Now im going to lose a day of mining.  Angry. I must have either lost internet or power. This sucks.
you should look into "ausome miner" properly configured u can manage your miners from anywhere. wont help if yer house burned down or the wife ran off with your miners.

Lol if my wife runs off with anything it won’t be my miners. In fact those would probably the only thing left. I found out our internet is out. There is a line down and the service provider is trying to get it back up. Guess I have to wait.

East Coast? we're getting crazy winds today...
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:25:20 PM

Well something is going on at my house. All of my miners quit showing up at the pool at the same time. Im stuck here at work so I cant even check to see whats going on. Now im going to lose a day of mining.  Angry. I must have either lost internet or power. This sucks.
you should look into "ausome miner" properly configured u can manage your miners from anywhere. wont help if yer house burned down or the wife ran off with your miners.
Lol if my wife runs off with anything it won’t be my miners. In fact those would probably the only thing left. I found out our internet is out. There is a line down and the service provider is trying to get it back up. Guess I have to wait.
East Coast? we're getting crazy winds today...
Same for me. Cry That's what I've been dealing with all day. My wife quickly gave up on restarting them... So much for the help desk.

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
AerialGopher

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:28:01 PM

Use Wifi on laptop connected to your cell phone hotspot,  Internet connection sharing between wireless and LAN on laptop, and then plug that lan into the switch for the miners,  reboot the miners to get new DHCP from laptop.

Or replace cell phone with any USB internet key or similar.
Or directional antenna pointed to the local store that has free wifi.
I have had to do this, works like a charm.
wavelengthsf

Merit: 118

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:49:56 PM

The good news is that because of the 5ND, you won't lose much rewards.

Likely your internet went out, or you could've lost power.

mutko

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:58:27 PM

Use Wifi on laptop connected to your cell phone hotspot,  Internet connection sharing between wireless and LAN on laptop, and then plug that lan into the switch for the miners,  reboot the miners to get new DHCP from laptop.

Or replace cell phone with any USB internet key or similar.
Or directional antenna pointed to the local store that has free wifi.
I have had to do this, works like a charm.

+1
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:37:12 PM

- All else being equal, on a long enough time scale, the ONLY thing that makes one pool pay more than others is a lower pool fee.
Yes, but the "All else being equal" also includes pool hash rate to some extent.
If the pool gets too small - as I've been trying to avoid over the last couple of months and will hopefully have some more hash rate here soon again - the diff changes also can affect your reward dramatically.

This is why I mention on occasion "as long as we are expected to find a number of blocks each diff change"
The issue is that if you're mining for multiple diff changes per block, then your reward loses around half the diff change from start to finish.

A simple example is that since 13-Jan difficulty has increased by 55.73% (yeah that's a scary number)
So if you were mining from say 10-Jan to now and then found a block, you'd actually lose over 25% of your expected reward!
All your shares from then to now have different PPS values, but your reward is based on 'now', the much worse PPS value.

This also affects us here to a lesser extent due to the fact we don't expect to find many blocks per diff change.
Thus why I'm trying to get that hash rate back up again.

Small pools like to pretend this doesn't happen Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:58:33 PM

511587 payout sent about a quarter of an hour ago and now first confirm Smiley

gaud

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:02:35 PM

FUNNY!

I got the visit from local electrical company, called then right away rang the door bell, WIERD..
But I open the door, and she introduces herself, and then says that they were asked to come out and see why the meter read was so high.  I said, oh,  That is becuase I am using more power.  They kept prying and asking for more info, and I said, its going through the meter, trust me its legit.

Then I asked,  Hey, I thought you were not allowed to approach customers and ask them what they are using their power for?  She shut up pretty quick.  

I said, so if my meter read was "estimated" for two months, and the last one was on Dec 8, and again, no meter reads after that....  how did you determine that there was excessive usage here with the one meter read?   Blank look...

Funny, now I have to convince them that i used ALL that 18 000 kWh in December when it was the cheapest, 3.99 cents/kWh, now its 5.18 cents!
 HAHA  Next they will ask me why my gas meter read is so low... like less than 10 % of where it should be.

They actually by law are not allowed to ask what I am doing with my power, but yet they decided to do that.

I figure I'll save 260 dollars with the lower rate.

truth u jst got added to thew investigation pool for grow op. she cant ask but the judge will.
gaud

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:06:24 PM

Yes, but the "All else being equal" also includes pool hash rate to some extent.
If the pool gets too small - as I've been trying to avoid over the last couple of months and will hopefully have some more hash rate here soon again - the diff changes also can affect your reward dramatically.

This is why I mention on occasion "as long as we are expected to find a number of blocks each diff change"
The issue is that if you're mining for multiple diff changes per block, then your reward loses around half the diff change from start to finish.

A simple example is that since 13-Jan difficulty has increased by 55.73% (yeah that's a scary number)
So if you were mining from say 10-Jan to now and then found a block, you'd actually lose over 25% of your expected reward!
All your shares from then to now have different PPS values, but your reward is based on 'now', the much worse PPS value.

This also affects us here to a lesser extent due to the fact we don't expect to find many blocks per diff change.

Small pools like to pretend this doesn't happen Smiley

yes never thought of this issue but yea its depressing lol Cheesy we need an advertiseing manager Cheesy
gaud

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:13:45 PM

k lets give this padrinogtr  thing another try Cheesy. let start by taking all the luck and unnecessary stuff out of the equation.  so lets start by saying there are 5 pools in the world mining the blockchain. it spits out 1 block per day.
day 1 pool 1 gets block day 2 pool 2 on down the line till pool 5 we will call that our pool Cheesy. most (the other 4 pool) using the similar pay system payout WHEN they get a block with the blocks reward they do this buy looking at how much each member worked during the day and turning that into a % that compares with the rest of the workers in the pool. they are payed a % of the block = to their %. in the kano pool its the same accept we look back 5 days instead of 1 to find each workers % again u get the % according to your %. after 5 days u will get the same block payout as all the other pools (accept they have higher fees generally which makes the block smaller). the difference is it takes a whole 5 days instead of 1 to get your full % the up side if u quit or are down for 5 days u are still getting though a diminishing return as the days go by.
  so bottom line kano pool pays bests over the long term due to lower fees. this system is good because if u have break downs or gaps they wont be noticed as much but the real purpose is to stop those who pool hop (try to only work for the pool that is paying on a specific day)  there goal being to get payed everyday instead of once per five days. now there is no point in pool hoppers showing up here because they wont be able to take there money and run to the next pool cause we dont pay them jst for punching in on payday.
  howd i do padrinogtr Cheesy i dont think i qualify for the contest anyway but id like to know if i helped though i haven't seen yer name here in awhile:D.

No offense, but I think you're actually adding unnecessary stuff to the equation.

Also, your premises are flawed

- # of pools mining and number of miners mining has no impact on anything. Only global hashrate and network difficulty (which is adjusted approximately every 2 weeks based on global hashrate) make any difference.

- in your example, those are still PPLNS payout methods if all blocks take 1 day. If that's not what you had in mind, then what you're describing is maybe "PPLND" or  proportional method with rounds equal to 1 day time frame.

- re: pool hopping, you need to read organofcorti's write up here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104664.msg1146110#msg1146110 and here: https://bitcoil.co.il/pool_analysis.pdf

I'm not even sure what sort of questions you're asking anymore. Or what sort of explanation you're looking for.

we r trying to simplify things for padrinogtr so i took all the complicated bits that may help calculate your exact pay but not understand the system out. feel free to go back a few days and read the difficulties he was having and understand his learning curve then make your own attempt. and no this is not in detail all that happens but i believe as an example with the rules described it helps understanding a bit. also if yer looking to win the contest he has said he learns best with a visual representation.
Vene

Activity: 133
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:17:35 PM

Hi, taking your case as an example of the formula i just mention few posts below your post.
Assuming you have fully ramped up and you have 37THs ave.

Formula =

(N/PN)=S
R*S = Your BTC received

(Legend)
MY HASHRATE = N
POOL HASHRATE = PN
MY number of SHARE = S
BLOCK REWARD = R
------

(N/PN)=S
37,000 / 46,880,000 = 0.00078925 Share/Contribution from the total pool power

Block reward (R) = 12.40460222
R*S = Your BTC received

12.40460222 * 0.00078925 = 0.00979032 BTC on this block IF you were already fully ramped up.
Assuming we find 10 blocks of thesame size you'll get 0.096892 BTC in 30 days which should be way
more better than 0.003094 a day * 30 = 0.09282 BTC

Hope this helps.  As many long time miners here say, be patient and it will pay off!

Thx for the explanation. I switched from slush pool few days ago and didnt quite go in to details with formula for payout. But now its clear.
I am hitting 50Th/s now so lets wait and see.
gaud

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:24:37 PM

question for kano. since this 5n thing seems to confuse alot do u think it contributes to people leaving if so do u think it might be better to pull out the 5 part ?
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 10:28:50 PM

<snip>
If the pool gets too small - as I've been trying to avoid over the last couple of months and will hopefully have some more hash rate here soon again........

<snip>

yes never thought of this issue but yea its depressing lol Cheesy we need an advertiseing manager Cheesy

padrinogtr  and I are working on it fellas! Again, if anyone else would like to help out, or has any suggestions, please share your thoughts.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
rifleman74

Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:29:38 PM

question for kano. since this 5n thing seems to confuse alot do u think it contributes to people leaving if so do u think it might be better to pull out the 5 part ?

won't happen. 
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:51:40 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 11:02:17 PM by kano

As I've stated before, changing the 5Nd to 1Nd means everyone mining here loses out.

Someone starts mining, their first 5Nd of rewards are higher since after 1Nd they are already fully ramped ... so that extra BTC for the first 5Nd has to come from somewhere ... the pool would have to take it from everyone currently mining.

Edit: had to fix that Tongue I got it wrong Smiley

wavelengthsf

Merit: 118

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:26:23 PM

As I've stated before, changing the 5Nd to 1Nd means everyone mining here loses out.

Someone starts mining, their first 5Nd of rewards are higher since after 1Nd they are already fully ramped ... so that extra BTC for the first 5Nd has to come from somewhere ... the pool would have to take it from everyone currently mining.

Edit: had to fix that Tongue I got it wrong Smiley

It'd also mean that runs of bad luck hurt more, because if it runs over 100%, you get paid for fewer shares!
lok8nusa

Activity: 254
Merit: 11

Call 811 before you dig

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:27:19 PM

I tend to think simply (I am simple minded), so I look at it as averaging counting back however far 5Nd is. The effect I see is that the valleys of long time-span blocks is offset when luck is better.

When you join the pool during a valley (like I did), it takes some time for luck to make that 5Nd window show results, as you don't have any short -timespan blocks to improve that average.

Coining bits since 2017 
Kano Pool is the BEST BTC mining pool.
Pages: « 1 ... 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 [1832] 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: