Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:26:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 07:14:21 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 07:56:54 PM by matt608

Alexa rank is irrelevant lol.  Alexa rank is not traffic rank.  Alexa is just tracking people who downloaded the Alexa toolbar and the sites they visit.  People who are into SEO and internet marketing, or even crypto-investing are more likely to have the Alexa toolbar installed so crypto-community based projects like list are bound to have a higher ranking just because its visited by lots of crypto-nuts who have the Alexa toolbar installed.  It's biased.  Factom deals with business who have no reason to install it, so it means very little as a ranking method.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 08:07:34 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 08:54:04 PM by MalReynolds

Alexa rank is irrelevant lol.  Alexa rank is not traffic rank.  Alexa is just tracking people who downloaded the Alexa toolbar and the sites they visit.  People who are into SEO and internet marketing, or even crypto-investing are more likely to have the Alexa toolbar installed so crypto-community based projects like list are bound to have a higher ranking just because its visited by lots of crypto-nuts who have the Alexa toolbar installed.  It's biased.  Factom deals with business who have no reason to install it, so it means very little as a ranking method.

You don't like Alexa?  OK.  Let's talk Google Trends.  Conclusion:  Factom has EQUALLED Lisk's market cap DESPITE a public awareness level that sucks compared to Lisk's.  Imagine how high Factom can go once as many people are aware of Factom as are currently aware of Lisk...or Ethereum.  Factom marketing department: Come on, people!

D-Lux

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 08:09:05 PM

Love this coincheck visualization:

Nice find! I hadn't seen this before ...
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 08:48:56 PM

(...)
Factom staff, I hope you read this and whoever s responsible for marketing should do something about it. FFS, hire some professionals if you dont know how to set up a marketing strategy. Popularity and reputations is everything.

(..)  Factom marketing department: Come on, people!
(...)

What you guys have to understand is that Factom just needs to move on how they did and do and all what you want will come. To believe it would be smart to make marketing for the Factoid-market is in fact the total opposite. We are not their target!

We all know that Factom is unique on the business-side. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know of any other project that talks to banks and governments and institutions. Now imagine customers and potential customers of Factom would see the team hyping the Factoid-market. Would that be good for their reputation? Would that really be helpful? Of course, the price would skyrocket for some days, but: Pump and dump.

Before all: That would hurt Factoms reputation. That would damage the long-term-potential. We are not their target! But we are in the very privileged position to benefit from the work they do. And it's hilarious when amateurs believe it's smart to give professionals advices like that. As if it would be a lack of ability that they don't make marketing for Crypto-Gamblers. It is a clear sign of professionalism and credibility.

And just by the way: Attention is increasing. It's visible on all platforms and also in this thread. And it will continue to increase. Like I've said before: This is a catapult. So enjoy it. They do it all right.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 08:58:34 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 09:30:36 PM by MalReynolds

What you guys have to understand is that Factom just needs to move on how they did and do and all what you want will come. To believe it would be smart to make marketing for the Factoid-market is in fact the total opposite. We are not their target!

Attention is increasing. It's visible on all platforms and also in this thread. And it will continue to increase. Like I've said before: This is a catapult. So enjoy it. They do it all right.

You are absolutely correct, and the charts show that Factom is indeed a different type of coin and a different type of business - and definitely "under the radar". If anything the price needs to stay low for now to keep M3 inflationary Factoids from piling up because of low EC usage.  
mattnook

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 09:16:29 PM

The upside potential to this is huge

https://steemit.com/money/@bunnysan8893/cryptocurrency-investing-the-most-lucrative-ideas-worth-investing-in-today-factom
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 09:30:46 PM

Attention is increasing. It's visible on all platforms and also in this thread. And it will continue to increase. Like I've said before: This is a catapult. So enjoy it. They do it all right.

You are absolutely correct, and the charts show that Factom is indeed a different type of coin and a different type of business. If anything the price needs to stay low for now to keep M3 inflationary Factoids from piling up because of low EC usage. 

Theoretically the price can be wherever the market wants to set it and even inflation wouldn't hurt. I mean, it's totally common for Crypto-projects that there is inflation and no consumption while in Factom there will be consumption (already is) of Factoids. Ethereum is highly inflationary and even after the halving Bitcoin is as well.

The main-factor will be the demand of Entry Credits. And besides an increasing attention that already happens and will continue, the market will react on all signs for a high demand in the future. And there are already some indications for that. More between the line, but still... David Johnston said in the interview that potential customers ask if Factom could handle a billion entries per day. And his intention was to explain Factom. I doubt that his intention was to hype the market, otherwise he would use a megaphone. But why should they (potential Customers) ask that?

He also mentioned that the smart city deal will start to roll out in 2017. I didn't expect that so soon. And what will the market do with those kind of informations when/if it becomes more obvious that it could be about those high numbers in the future? The market will react. That is safe to say if we won't see any setbacks. And will we see setbacks? I doubt that. D.J. also said that they treat the software as financial software. They test it until it's bullet-proof while M2 already seems to be finished.

Plus: What everybody knows who follows Factom since some months is, that they never announce announcements. They just write an article on their blog and tweet it. With other words: They keep on dropping potential bombs. And what I believe is: It's just a matter of time that there will be something that it will have massive impact on the market that it won't even be possible to ignore it.

It may seem overoptimistic but that is what I expect and not without reasons. And I don't think much about inflation because I don't believe that the price will tend to the equilibrium-price for years. There will be inflation. It's not realistic to believe that the price will ever go that low that there will be more burning than creation of Factoids. Somewhere in the future it could find some stability. But that would mean that Factom would be established. And that would mean that Factom would be that successful that we can't even imagine it now. Because even if there should be a time without more good news - no new partnerships for months - those who will use Factom until then will use it more and more because most of all of those businesses have to handle increasing amounts of data.

Of course, that's only a scenario if Factom should be successful. Thing is: I personally have never seen any sign to have doubts about it. Whenever I do research about a project I try to find reasons not to invest. And usually I find a ton of it and don't touch it. In Factom I only see how good they are in removing all barriers that could avoid success. I've never seen that before in such a perfect way.

Embat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 501

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 10:35:35 PM

I am Factom supporter from the begining. When I start to read about fct is see it is so diferent compare to other coins. FCT will change the face of the regular bussines and not only. FCT practicaly can do everything in the world of database - it is something huge and it increses daily. This is may be the best exsisting project. So friends we can be proud to support the leader in digital revolution.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 12:51:30 AM

Has anyone seen this article before?

Under the deal with HealthNautica -- which is still in development as Factom works on building its bandwidth capabilities, according to company executives -- Factom's blockchain technology will verify and time-stamp health records and claims for HealthNautica's physician and hospital clients.
myriadforce

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:15:17 AM

While most cryptos sheepishly aspire to go to the Moon, FCT is headed to Alpha Centauri, then sail across the Milky Way.

D-Lux

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:38:40 AM

While most cryptos sheepishly aspire to go to the Moon, FCT is headed to Alpha Centauri, then sail across the Milky Way.

Nice.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:46:22 AM

Nice. If you re 5 and want to leave some really, really cool comment.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
D-Lux

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 08:18:49 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2016, 08:33:40 AM by D-Lux

No, he was just having some fun. For those of you who are new ... crazyivan is our local troll. He's pretty easily confused and likes to rant about Factom's marketing, but I think we should all be proud that we have a devoted troll and applaud him for his efforts. Maybe one day he'll contribute meaningfully to the discussion, but for now, we'll have to content ourselves with vacant one-offs in the hope that they may, one day, grow into statements of meaningful value.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 08:22:57 AM

No, he was just having some fun. For those of you who are new ... crazyivan is our local troll. He's pretty easily confused, and likes to rant about Factom's marketing, but I think we should all be proud that we have a devoted troll and applaud him for his efforts. Maybe one day he'll contribute meaningfully to the discussion, but for now, we should satisfy ourselves with vacant one-offs in the hope that they may, one day, grow into statements of meaningful value.

Haha, a troll would be encouraged to respond this one. I wont, cause your posts amuse me. Please continue.

The only thing which is correct from your post is I m dissatisfied with Factom marketing. The rest is BS. But amusing BS.

D-Lux

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 08:38:52 AM

No, he was just having some fun. For those of you who are new ... crazyivan is our local troll. He's pretty easily confused, and likes to rant about Factom's marketing, but I think we should all be proud that we have a devoted troll and applaud him for his efforts. Maybe one day he'll contribute meaningfully to the discussion, but for now, we should satisfy ourselves with vacant one-offs in the hope that they may, one day, grow into statements of meaningful value.

Haha, a troll would be encouraged to respond this one. ...

D-Lux

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 08:46:44 AM

Of course, that's only a scenario if Factom should be successful. Thing is: I personally have never seen any sign to have doubts about it. Whenever I do research about a project I try to find reasons not to invest. And usually I find a ton of it and don't touch it. In Factom I only see how good they are in removing all barriers that could avoid success. I've never seen that before in such a perfect way.

I agree -- I've had the same experience. Factom has one of the smallest "attack vectors" in crypto I think. Both in terms of tech and market competition. Unknowns / black-swan events are always possible, but barring those I think it's only a matter of time for FCT.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 08:46:59 AM

Haha, a troll would be encouraged to respond this one. ...

Btw, sorry, I wasnt aware myriadforce and you go to the same kindergarten. My apologies. Now stop polluting and derailing this thread.

myriadforce

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:19:28 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2016, 10:37:22 AM by myriadforce

Hmm, evidently, crazyivan is yet another mediocre narcissist with vacuous fixations - one of the thoughtless who enjoys announcing his thoughtlessness - and revolting rudeness.

Factom's marketing is fantastic - low-key, beautiful visuals, and eloquently on the finer points; a perfect exhibition of what a World-Class company should be, to appeal to governments, banks, and corporations. What Factom does not offer is premature forcasts and jacked-up hype.
Maybe crazyivan wants sunshine blown up his ass; to be stroked with Blue Sky, rather than enjoy Steak-on-the-Plate. This way, he can shower his bitterness when the hype does not live up to its touting.

Tiana Laurence is a wonderful Chief of Marketing - intelligent, kittenish, and sexy. Rare combinations in women today.

To continue the story of the Flight of Factom I quote from the band Rush from their 1977 album, A Farewell to Kings -

"On my ship, the 'Rocinante'
Wheeling through the galaxies,
Headed for the heart of Cygnus
Headlong into mystery"

crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:29:51 AM

Hmm, evidently, crazyivan is yet another mediocre narcissist with vacuous fixations - one of the thoughtless announcing his thoughtlessness.

Factom's marketing is fantastic, low-key, beautiful visuals, and eloquently on the finer points; a perfect exhibition of what a World-Class company should be, to appeal to governments, banks, and corporations. What Factom does not offer is premature forcasts and jacked-up hype.
Maybe crazyivan wants sunshine blown up his ass; to be stroked with Blue Sky, rather than enjoy Steak-on-the-Plate. This way, he can shower his bitterness when the hype does not live up to its touting.

Tiana Laurence is a wonderful Chief of Marketing - intelligent, kittenish, and sexy. Rare combinations in women today.

To continue the story of the Flight of Factom I quote from the band Rush from their 1977 album, A Farewell to Kings -

Headlong into mystery"

I cant help asking myself how it is possible you know so much about Factom and have only 6 posts. Brand new account. Which means you re nothing but a dual account of somebody else or an account made by Factom with purpose of making this thread looking more pink.

Either way, it s really, really transparent.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:39:50 AM

Hmm, evidently, crazyivan is yet another mediocre narcissist with vacuous fixations - one of the thoughtless announcing his thoughtlessness.

Factom's marketing is fantastic, low-key, beautiful visuals, and eloquently on the finer points; a perfect exhibition of what a World-Class company should be, to appeal to governments, banks, and corporations. What Factom does not offer is premature forcasts and jacked-up hype.

Headlong into mystery"

I cant help asking myself how it is possible you know so much about Factom and have only 6 posts. Brand new account. Which means you re nothing but a dual account of somebody else or an account made by Factom with purpose of making this thread looking more pink.

Either way, it s really, really transparent.

Maybe you shouldn't just look how many posts, but on "Date registered" - and that account: Date Registered:   March 01, 2014, 11:38:35 PM

That you are unable to focus on relevant informations is the reason for your weird conclusions. Maybe keep that in mind to avoid embarrassing situations after your accusations.  
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: