Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:33:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 [1160] 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376938 times)
kken01
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:34:40 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 03:44:58 PM by kken01

i thought the honor program died long time ago. it was a surprise that it rose from the dead. i didnt see anything official about it...  Cheesy

my theory is: just someone guessing since foundation is taking over so honor program must be back on! and noone wants to correct the cultists

paycoined
 Grin

ps:
funny this is from page 869 by Paul: GAW likes to repeat things that dont work  Grin
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:00:38 PM

i thought the honor program died long time ago. it was a surprise that it rose from the dead. i didnt see anything official about it...  Cheesy

my theory is: just someone guessing since foundation is taking over so honor program must be back on! and noone wants to correct the cultists

paycoined
 Grin

ps:
funny this is from page 869 by Paul: GAW likes to repeat things that dont work  Grin

What do you mean don't work? Everything is working perfectly. Every announcement/change is "sorry that didn't work, here's an even better plan to make you guys even MORE money later, please be patient." And it gets lapped up.

This is just more of the same. The board should be full of "lol honors program" since it's march, but Josh is trying to cut that off by pointing out that even if everything went according to plan, there would be no payouts until April 1 (a fact that he conveniently never mentioned while Honors euphoria was pushing the price up for him.)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 8937

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 04:04:43 PM

It's funny how GAWCEO keeps bringing up "scam":

https://archive.today/YrJmc#selection-7261.43-7261.75
kken01
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:24:56 PM

priceless  Cool

now it would be good to know these things:
1.) will Mr. Ganza transfer anything over to the foundation. even rights to logo  Cheesy
2.) foundation 501c3 is for educational purposes? (did they even apply for one?)
3.) how involved is Adam with the actual scam or is he a fall guy

facts we know so far:
1.) foundation (at least low level guy, dont know about top) doesnt know how much XPY GAW holds. convenient. but could be true
2.) foundation stated that they will inflate the coin for at least 4 months when supposedly they will hard fork. with this rate its shitloads of coins!
3.) they dont know if they get the keys to the prime controllers if GAW goes belly up (red flag)
4.) actually they dont know if they will get keys at all (red flag). thats their hope only. so they can auction like stated in whitepaper

i dont really understand why anyone would work on this with no control. i guess most of Team XPY really believe in this turd
most likely just a time waster so they can milk this camel dry.
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:49:29 PM

priceless  Cool

now it would be good to know these things:
1.) will Mr. Ganza transfer anything over to the foundation. even rights to logo  Cheesy
2.) foundation 501c3 is for educational purposes? (did they even apply for one?)
3.) how involved is Adam with the actual scam or is he a fall guy

facts we know so far:
1.) foundation (at least low level guy, dont know about top) doesnt know how much XPY GAW holds. convenient. but could be true
2.) foundation stated that they will inflate the coin for at least 4 months when supposedly they will hard fork. with this rate its shitloads of coins!
3.) they dont know if they get the keys to the prime controllers if GAW goes belly up (red flag)
4.) actually they dont know if they will get keys at all (red flag). thats their hope only. so they can auction like stated in whitepaper

i dont really understand why anyone would work on this with no control. i guess most of Team XPY really believe in this turd
most likely just a time waster so they can milk this camel dry.

Where.did you get all that about the keys?
kken01
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:55:33 PM

PaycoinGateway joined in GH and answered some questions
http://forum.gethashing.com/t/xpy-paycoin-discussion-team-xpy-controlled/1559/30

read on from there

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:27:21 PM

I suspect this guy is right about the substance abuse comment.  Josh's posts often seem like they were made while high.
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:50:42 PM

http://forum.gethashing.com/t/xpy-paycoin-discussion-team-xpy-controlled/1559/30

read on from there

Thanks, i hadn't followed up there since the thread split. They didn't post this kind of info in hashtalk, did they?
kken01
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:00:05 PM

read on from there

Thanks, i hadn't followed up there since the thread split. They didn't post this kind of info in hashtalk, did they?

of course not  Cool

Mr. Ganzas plan worked. lure them in with working services then bring the scam hammer down!
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:23:19 PM

Please give us the benefit of the doubt.

That seems to be the common theme here.
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:45:34 PM

read on from there

of course not  Cool

Mr. Ganzas plan worked. lure them in with working services then bring the scam hammer down!

my experience was similar, I had been in a couple of months with genesis to mine BTC and i bought some zens because it seemed like they were going to mine x11 (I say seemed cause I don't recall the exact announcement, does that count as one of those things that never happened ?)

However, I did begin selling off the genesis hashlets once they announced the hashpoint (coupons!) instead actual bitcoin (mining hashpoints, what a joke). This is where I decided I was not interested in hashpoints or another alt-coin, at this point I didn't really think "scam" but it was clearly going a direction I was not interested in going. I found this thread after I had already begun moving out of GAW and it certainly reaffirmed my decisions, thanks to suchmoon and many others.

I actually made a bit of bitcoin and did a little better than break even selling off. Those BTC are now in another place doing just fine.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
kken01
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:28:01 PM

good for you! Smiley

too bad theres going to be people left holding the bag in the end. Mr. Ganza is trying to polarize this because then he benefits from genetic fallacy. bunch of people will carry on due to past performance even if the plan is tad wonky

suchmoon has saved countless btc for sure  Smiley
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 07:31:14 PM

I guess I should start my own scheme now that I have your attention Smiley

JUST KIDDING IN CASE THAT IS NOT BLATANTLY OBVIOUS.
popejubs

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 08:50:35 PM

https://hashtalk.org/topic/32776/paybase-service-update-2-27-2015-update

Update (3/1/15)

We want to apologize in not providing more information sooner...but we know you'll understand why. We believe it was in the best interest of our community and know that you will share in that sentiment.

On Friday, February 27, we learned about a coordinated and very sophisticated effort to exploit the databases for PayBase and ZenCloud. As soon as we discovered this, we felt it imperative to shut down the wallet withdrawal service, in the best interest of our customers and community. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We felt it was important to provide general, non-specific communications as to the identity of the hackers / violators our networks, since they did not know we had discovered what they were doing. This, we felt, was precautionary and again, in your best interest.

While this was happening, we had all hands on deck verifying every database and ensuring there were no other holes or doors they could use. Verification of all databases is in the final stages and we expect to be online later this week, if not sooner.

We also wanted to point out that our existing precautionary measures such as "Pending Withdrawal" function worked as it should, giving us the ability to verify withdrawal transactions. This layer of security made it possible to protect all property, funds and PayCoins.

truckinusa

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:01:24 PM

Update (3/1/15)

We want to apologize in not providing more information sooner...but we know you'll understand why. We believe it was in the best interest of our community and know that you will share in that sentiment.

On Friday, February 27, we learned about a coordinated and very sophisticated effort to exploit the databases for PayBase and ZenCloud. As soon as we discovered this, we felt it imperative to shut down the wallet withdrawal service, in the best interest of our customers and community. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We felt it was important to provide general, non-specific communications as to the identity of the hackers / violators our networks, since they did not know we had discovered what they were doing. This, we felt, was precautionary and again, in your best interest.

While this was happening, we had all hands on deck verifying every database and ensuring there were no other holes or doors they could use. Verification of all databases is in the final stages and we expect to be online later this week, if not sooner.

We also wanted to point out that our existing precautionary measures such as "Pending Withdrawal" function worked as it should, giving us the ability to verify withdrawal transactions. This layer of security made it possible to protect all property, funds and PayCoins.

are we on to the next step?  The "We got hacked" step lol.

bitJob                       ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
                ▄▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████
         ████████████████████████████████████████  ██
         ▀██████████████████████████████████████▀  ██
          ▀▀██████████████████████████████████▀▀  ████
                                                 ▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 09:15:02 PM

are we on to the next step?  The "We got hacked" step lol.

It says the coins were protected  Grin

TBH I'm having trouble reconciling that post. If they caught it early there shouldn't be much "verification" needed. Worst case, restore last known good backup and replay known good transactions. Either they don't have a clue when and how the attack started or the whole thing is made up. To shut it down for a week is a truly confidence-inspiring act by a wannabe financial institution boasting to change the "industry".
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:29:25 PM

"Verification of all databases is in the final stages and we expect to be online later this week"
  I am voting it's all made up, sounds like he took a cue from LTCgear.
  Weren't withdrawals shut down at the end of last month also ?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2417
Merit: 1637

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:33:17 PM

It's interesting to note issue's regularly appear early on a Friday and rarely get resolved before a Tuesday/Wednesday the following week. Also notable is how this seems to occur with alarming frequency at the end of the month....

Patterns point to behaviour that is questionable at best.

Funny how the above seems to have played out almost perfectly....again.

There's a growing predictability here....
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:01:34 PM

Update (3/1/15)

That whole thing stinks of BS in every detail but especially this:
"We felt it was important to provide general, non-specific communications as to the identity of the hackers / violators our networks, since they did not know we had discovered what they were doing. This, we felt, was precautionary and again, in your best interest."

WTF is that supposed to mean?  Are we supposed to believe that by not announcing that they knew there was an attack they somehow got the upper hand on the attackers?  Did Josh find out their location by being so super secret and send ninjas to exact justice on them?  This has nothing in common with the actions of a professional business that gets hacked (not that I actually believe there was any hack).

There is no way of interpreting this announcement/excuse that does not boil down to one thing: GAW is incompetent.  
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:14:05 PM

"Verification of all databases is in the final stages and we expect to be online later this week"
  I am voting it's all made up, sounds like he took a cue from LTCgear.
  Weren't withdrawals shut down at the end of last month also ?

+1

Pages: « 1 ... 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 [1160] 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: