Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:18:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541882 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dmz241

Activity: 519
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 03:38:56 AM

dman I should keep up more. Have been trading bay for profit I recently sold like 100000 bay for 68 and 69 satoshis and the price is just on the sky rocket...
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:24:28 PM

When everyone involved in buying/trading/investing crypto hear about Bitbay the price will be a lot more than it is today. bitbay has an actual purpose rather than for 'collecting' like 99% of crypto. Once everyone sees what Bitbay can do everyone will want to buy it to try the markets. After all isn't why everyone got involved in crypto to start with.. True Decentralisation!
marcetin
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013

ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 10:16:13 AM

BitBay nodes are up!

https://bitnodes.net/node/104-255-33-162/
https://bitnodes.net/node/194-135-84-161/
https://bitnodes.net/node/23-227-190-163/

Cheers! Smiley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PLAN 9   FROM CRYPTO SPACE    PARALLELCOIN 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
Bitrated user: marcetin.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 12:13:34 PM

When everyone involved in buying/trading/investing crypto hear about Bitbay the price will be a lot more than it is today. bitbay has an actual purpose rather than for 'collecting' like 99% of crypto. Once everyone sees what Bitbay can do everyone will want to buy it to try the markets. After all isn't why everyone got involved in crypto to start with.. True Decentralisation!
Grin

i think lot of the top 100 coins know that a purpose is the path to long lasting success
bitbay is on a good path but lot others are too

bitbay is a keeper coin for me
but lot others too

and not all pre promote what they are cooking in their kittchen and instead be happy about the possibility to gather more of their own coin

because at no premine no IPO coins even the devteam must gather their share of the coin
and its in this area counterproductive hype and make a coin expensive.....

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
sportfan

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:28:35 PM

looks very very nice Cheesy
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:12:32 PM

Bitbay crowdfund is up!
These node locations are still based out of Lithuania and USA

Potential for new addnode locations are in progress.
Right now, nodes for Bitbay are strong. Yet remember, this link will be evolving, so keep an eye on it!
However, if you feel generous, feel free to add to the current crowdfunding node system! Smiley

https://bitnodes.net/services/crowdfunding/bitbay-node/

This is just the beginning!

BitBaydev (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

https://bitbay.market

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 08:36:26 PM

The OP has been updated as per a community request. Enjoy Smiley ... also the slack group has tested the new client and coins for cash template and is working beautifully.

David Zimbeck Interview

BitBay Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial
WhalingWhales

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:31:09 PM

The OP has been updated as per a community request. Enjoy Smiley ... also the slack group has tested the new client and coins for cash template and is working beautifully.

When will it be released publicly?
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 11:37:03 AM

When will it be released publicly?

Yeah of course! Its just that I'm giving them another day or so to test. And they are testing "Sell Coins" and I might want to release with both Sell and Buy. But if you guys want to start testing I can post it here.

The rest of the templates will be a lot faster now that i've finished the core changes
issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 12:29:34 PM

Nice OP, keep up the good work guys!
astrobitcoin

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 12:40:04 PM

i have a locked wallet staking and today i decided to send more coins to stake more.
i sent the coins from bittrex but after 2 hours still didn't get them.
on exchange it says is completed, if i copy/paste the txid in the bitbay block explorer (on cryptoid.info) there are no matching results, the block explorer in wallet shows a scary "fail" on input/output, also value and fee are wrong. i have the staking wallet version 1.0.0.1-g, what's up with the coins? should i stop staking to receive them?
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 12:45:40 PM

Transactions from Bittrex are slow. This is a Bittrex issue only. The network is fast, and other transactions are no problem.
Withdrawing from Bittrex may take up to 24 hours. It has been like this for a few weeks.
You don't have to stop staking to receive them. They will come. Just wait
astrobitcoin

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 12:49:56 PM

Transactions from Bittrex are slow. This is a Bittrex issue only. The network is fast, and other transactions are no problem.
Withdrawing from Bittrex may take up to 24 hours. It has been like this for a few weeks.

ok, i will wait then. actually i never had a delay with bittrex, that's why i was wondering about the transaction
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:19:11 PM

ok, i will wait then. actually i never had a delay with bittrex, that's why i was wondering about the transaction

You might want to message them about this too. And make sure the transaction went through because if the txid is not in the block explorer then they failed at creating it or did not submit it.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 01:10:52 AM

Since i have noticed that some people are installing the new updates anyways, im going to post it here. The first template "Sell Coins" is being tested. At bitbaymarket.net the download for windows contains the newest build.

The new build is extremely stable. It has translations to 92 languages with a language editor, the new UI for templates, major enhancements to the core of Bay and improvements to speed and performance especially with dropped connections on imap and new Bitmessage improvements. Also an improved pay to email system.

In order to install it, i would recommend uninstalling your old build. You should obviously back up your two keys if you havent already.

The new build has a link to the updater inside it so from now on you will never have to update again, the client will notify you when the version changes.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:37:27 AM

So can i just makes sure if fully understand what it is i am buying.

bitbay is a combo of

Bithalo - that is not tied to bit bay but is kind of licensed by bitbay for now. Will all halo evolutions/updateds automatically come to bitbay?
pegging - that is not yet developed? but will be closed source so that other alts can't just copy and paste this tech to their coins? this will be the property of bitbay or available to license by other alts?

I fully recognise david is a crypto genius of the level that few others can equal but I want to be sure he is tied to the future of this coin not just bithalo. There are no other devs on this coin so if David is not dedicated to bitbay long term i worry this is not the project to place too many of my eggs long term.

So can i ask straight out to david now:  do you consider yourself bitbay's dev for the long haul or are you rather here code out what you said you would then move on to other projects?

Which coin do you favour blackcoin or bitbay? i have both but will go in further on the one you see as gaining more of your attention in the future.

I mean do you have enough bitbay to make it worth it becoming your priority? The entire coins value kind of lies in davids hands. I hope he has enough coins to make the hard work seem worth while.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:10:42 PM

bitbay is a combo of

Bithalo - that is not tied to bit bay but is kind of licensed by bitbay for now. Will all halo evolutions/updateds automatically come to bitbay?
pegging - that is not yet developed? but will be closed source so that other alts can't just copy and paste this tech to their coins? this will be the property of bitbay or available to license by other alts?

I fully recognise david is a crypto genius of the level that few others can equal but I want to be sure he is tied to the future of this coin not just bithalo. There are no other devs on this coin so if David is not dedicated to bitbay long term i worry this is not the project to place too many of my eggs long term.

So can i ask straight out to david now:  do you consider yourself bitbay's dev for the long haul or are you rather here code out what you said you would then move on to other projects?

Which coin do you favour blackcoin or bitbay? i have both but will go in further on the one you see as gaining more of your attention in the future.

I mean do you have enough bitbay to make it worth it becoming your priority? The entire coins value kind of lies in davids hands. I hope he has enough coins to make the hard work seem worth while.

Hey there, yeah this is a really good question and I am glad you have asked it. The first question being primarily about BitHalo. First of all, as everyone knows, I don't market BitHalo. The only reason we ended up having articles on BitHalo was because many reporters don't want to do stories on altcoins and I do expect that to change one day. BitHalo may be the door that gets people interested in Blackcoin and Bitbay so we should not shut it! And thats why I still have an interest in it. However, coding/community/etc I dedicate my full time in BlackHalo and BitBay. Its all still powered by Halo though which is really your question. So...

Because of Halo core, they are similar products. Halos design was meant to be coin agnostic. To prove that we don't need fancy Etherium code hard coded into the blockchain interfering with decentralization and a coins ability to scale(bandwidth/bloat).

This is exactly why I've proposed features that are exclusive to BitBay and Blackcoin. There are two things that make BitBay unique. The first being its branding. People use "E-Bay" because because it is branded in a way that people think of markets when they do. BitBay has the name that I think will make people think of markets and economy. And NightTrader has a name that obviously make people think of trading/exchange.
As you pointed out, pegging is the exclusive feature.

However, pegging is the feature that I'm the most bullish on because of the fact that if you are selling something in the markets and it's low volume you don't want prices to decline in the middle of your transaction. And even if they do, you would want long term price growth. Also, the fact that there is two different asset classes (frozen/liquid) really opens tons of doors (lending against frozen assets, large swaps, etc). Even on discussions on slack we have yet to break the ice on how much can be done there.

Blackcoin will be the base currency for any exchanges on NightTrader and again is branded. They don't have the rigid peg system and thus appeals more to speculation (which is not really a bad thing). They can and might go in a more anonymous direction as they just released stealth addresses. Plus Blackcoin is a place where many coders look to fork proof of stake security which is rat4s territory.

So I have more control over BitBay and its protocol. In theory, I was hired to only be a project manager and now have had to completely take over the project to protect it. And I do hold enough BitBay to make it worth my while to see this one to the end. So I have more control here but I really don't have a favorite because I want both communities to prosper. In the end, I'm very bullish on pegging if it works out the way we plan. However NightTrader could prove to be popular. Right now I see people still throwing money at centralized exchanges unfortunately so I don't know we have to wait and see.

As for open source well that will happen when the time is right. It has to happen one day, but it certainly will not happen until I have a completed project and i will probably wait to see that things are in fact successful. When people fork an idea the original usually remains more popular anyways we can't count on being the only game in town forever.

For when I leave crypto thats more of a personal decision. To be honest, i really don't like coding alone, and programming is not great for my health. So i'm looking forward to completion. If this turns out to be profitable and it doesn't upset the forces that be too much, and I can find some coders then I will probably still have a hand in the project. Not to mention if it succeeds we may get interesting offers.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:17:30 PM

bitbay is a combo of

Hey there, yeah this is a really good question and I am glad you have asked it. The first question being primarily about BitHalo. First of all, as everyone knows, I don't market BitHalo. The only reason we ended up having articles on BitHalo was because many reporters don't want to do stories on altcoins and I do expect that to change one day. BitHalo may be the door that gets people interested in Blackcoin and Bitbay so we should not shut it! And thats why I still have an interest in it. However, coding/community/etc I dedicate my full time in BlackHalo and BitBay. Its all still powered by Halo though which is really your question. So...

Because of Halo core, they are similar products. Halos design was meant to be coin agnostic. To prove that we don't need fancy Etherium code hard coded into the blockchain interfering with decentralization and a coins ability to scale(bandwidth/bloat).

This is exactly why I've proposed features that are exclusive to BitBay and Blackcoin. There are two things that make BitBay unique. The first being its branding. People use "E-Bay" because because it is branded in a way that people think of markets when they do. BitBay has the name that I think will make people think of markets and economy. And NightTrader has a name that obviously make people think of trading/exchange.
As you pointed out, pegging is the exclusive feature.

However, pegging is the feature that I'm the most bullish on because of the fact that if you are selling something in the markets and it's low volume you don't want prices to decline in the middle of your transaction. And even if they do, you would want long term price growth. Also, the fact that there is two different asset classes (frozen/liquid) really opens tons of doors (lending against frozen assets, large swaps, etc). Even on discussions on slack we have yet to break the ice on how much can be done there.

Blackcoin will be the base currency for any exchanges on NightTrader and again is branded. They don't have the rigid peg system and thus appeals more to speculation (which is not really a bad thing). They can and might go in a more anonymous direction as they just released stealth addresses. Plus Blackcoin is a place where many coders look to fork proof of stake security which is rat4s territory.

So I have more control over BitBay and its protocol. In theory, I was hired to only be a project manager and now have had to completely take over the project to protect it. And I do hold enough BitBay to make it worth my while to see this one to the end. So I have more control here but I really don't have a favorite because I want both communities to prosper. In the end, I'm very bullish on pegging if it works out the way we plan. However NightTrader could prove to be popular. Right now I see people still throwing money at centralized exchanges unfortunately so I don't know we have to wait and see.

As for open source well that will happen when the time is right. It has to happen one day, but it certainly will not happen until I have a completed project and i will probably wait to see that things are in fact successful. When people fork an idea the original usually remains more popular anyways we can't count on being the only game in town forever.

For when I leave crypto thats more of a personal decision. To be honest, i really don't like coding alone, and programming is not great for my health. So i'm looking forward to completion. If this turns out to be profitable and it doesn't upset the forces that be too much, and I can find some coders then I will probably still have a hand in the project. Not to mention if it succeeds we may get interesting offers.

Thanks very much for your answers David. I have always found you to be very reasonable and helpful. I for my part want both blackcoin and bitbay to succeed. I have a bit of both but always looking to grab more of each when good opportunities arise. The time and effort that goes into coding such things as the pegging is beyond most peoples comprehension. I hope we keep it closed long enough to gain the fair rewards such coding deserves. I'm pleased to hear the pegging is exclusive to bitbay.

3r197

Activity: 732

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:30:09 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2015, 10:01:20 AM by 3r197

Sweet! I got confirmation that my new Western Union prepaid card is in the mail and should be delivered soon. Can't wait to try it out!

For those interested. Bitbay has multiple features for sending payments and receiving payments. These features will be evolving!
What I love with Western Union's prepaid card, for the time being, is that it minimizes tx fees for Bay to fiat transactions!
https://www.wunetspendprepaid.com/how-it-works.shtml

It has a max of 5 dollars for USA domestic transactions and a minimum of 99 cents.

Foreign transactions are of course higher, but it's WAY better than using a credit card to create a transaction through western union to an international agency for manual pickup.

So this way if you are a lazy 'couch potato' that want's to minimize fees, you don't even have to leave your house to go to an agency and retrieve your money. You can receive payments or send payments directly from the card and that means everything is online!!!

Check it out!
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:09:08 PM

Yes pegging will be exclusive to Bitbay. And as much as i want to say that I will be in crypto forever, I've got to focus on my immediate promises which are already tons of work. I should mention, if a lot of time goes by, and we find that we have to open source, eventually people will want to audit the code and when that happens I can't promise this will not get forked.

However, right now its my priority to make sure the people who are still following this project get what they came for and obviously that means we will want to keep our advantage in the market for as long as possible.

Not to mention, if i release source too early, it will get used for the wrong reasons.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: