Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:27:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541867 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 09:26:51 AM

notice the array of sock puppets turning up??

people are getting worried about bay...

David why could you not trace these old hoarding scammers wallets and nuke them? parasitic scum that they are. Not only stole 100s of BTC but got millions of BAY for nothing.

Well, considering how much negative PR it was for Ethereum to revert their bug, I think nuking their wallets could backfire. Personally I like the idea but the hard core coin enthusiasts will argue against centralized maneuvers.

ETC "Classic" was such a monkey wrench for ETH and I'm not sure they will ever recover from that. They might but it causes tons of confusion to new buyers.

Also it would be difficult to prove which wallets were theirs... perhaps freeze them until they identify themselves or carefully track it, however there is a lot involved in that. Our slack group seems to have a good idea of who owns what.

Consider that anywhere from 30-60% of Bitcoins are stolen from exchanges or government seizure or escrow failure. Not to mention "Satoshis wallet" who nobody seems to know who owns it. So considering that, its probably just best to build a good coin. A lot of their coins have been bought by the core team already too. Our distribution is actually pretty good compared to other coins.

All very good points. Yes, best to just let things go. Hopefully they have sold most of their bay trying to destroy the project early on. I remember they drove the price down to 18 sats at one point.

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 12:45:56 PM

David why could you not trace these old hoarding scammers wallets and nuke them? parasitic scum that they are. Not only stole 100s of BTC but got millions of BAY for nothing.

Well, considering how much negative PR it was for Ethereum to revert their bug, I think nuking their wallets could backfire. Personally I like the idea but the hard core coin enthusiasts will argue against centralized maneuvers.

ETC "Classic" was such a monkey wrench for ETH and I'm not sure they will ever recover from that. They might but it causes tons of confusion to new buyers.

Also it would be difficult to prove which wallets were theirs... perhaps freeze them until they identify themselves or carefully track it, however there is a lot involved in that. Our slack group seems to have a good idea of who owns what.

Consider that anywhere from 30-60% of Bitcoins are stolen from exchanges or government seizure or escrow failure. Not to mention "Satoshis wallet" who nobody seems to know who owns it. So considering that, its probably just best to build a good coin. A lot of their coins have been bought by the core team already too. Our distribution is actually pretty good compared to other coins.

All very good points. Yes, best to just let things go. Hopefully they have sold most of their bay trying to destroy the project early on. I remember they drove the price down to 18 sats at one point.

The thing that bothers me the most is that these guys continue to pull their scams on others and there is no mechanism to stop it. I remember the day David made the first post about the group and what had transpired. Not a pretty thing after buying from the ICO and honestly, until I researched the issue, I wasn't sure who to trust. It didn't take long to figure that out however and the rest is history but, it still amazes me how people can pull off blatantly illegal stunts, with no consideration for the people who are being hurt, and not suffer the consequences.

At least not in THIS life...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 02:49:35 PM

The thing that bothers me the most is that these guys continue to pull their scams on others and there is no mechanism to stop it. I remember the day David made the first post about the group and what had transpired. Not a pretty thing after buying from the ICO and honestly, until I researched the issue, I wasn't sure who to trust. It didn't take long to figure that out however and the rest is history but, it still amazes me how people can pull off blatantly illegal stunts, with no consideration for the people who are being hurt, and not suffer the consequences.

Yes there is, but Theymos and the exchange operators choose not to use the data/metrics available to them.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 03:04:35 PM

Yes there is, but Theymos and the exchange operators choose not to use the data/metrics available to them.

Wasn't the exchange operator the prime enabler of the scam?

Who are bays main challengers?
sys and sdc?
How similar are they really and how good is their tech. I mean seriously BAYs price is a joke still. As soon as these dumpers are out of ammo I expect some huge bumps in price and then in interest.
Shame we can't attract some tech knowledgable BTC whales that can see some promise here and clear these dumpers coins from the exchanges once and for all. Look at some of this shit coins in the top 50. Wtf are these coins doing there with BAY being magnitudes lower in cap. Crazy.

We need to get more volume and make it to polo too. I would hope busoni would realise who David is and the project is serious and add Bay anyway.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 03:36:44 PM

Oh, In this particular case, yes. I was talking generally.
Linn of BTER in collusion with bobsurplus, if memory serves correctly. Although, its fair to note, that David was also part of that equation. But for what its worth, im satisfied that David's agenda was on the correct side of corruptible. Credit for carrying on, and taking a decision to stick around, and take all the flac that that episode created, IMO.   
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 07:52:25 PM

Linn of BTER in collusion with bobsurplus, if memory serves correctly. Although, its fair to note, that David was also part of that equation. But for what its worth, im satisfied that David's agenda was on the correct side of corruptible. Credit for carrying on, and taking a decision to stick around, and take all the flac that that episode created, IMO.    

Theymos himself has been implicated in scams. He also has no respect for peoples privacy. He has been known to release private messages to courts to help prosecute companies(which i think is extremely unethical). But then he won't stop serial scammers that have been abusing the forums. In theory because the forum is moderated, he has a fiduciary responsibility to remove any attempts of impersonation, and blatant privacy violations.

What's funny is, I have seen threads explaining how Theymos has done favors for moderators which shows he's also a hypocrite. For example one guy insulted a mod and Theymos helped remove the offending posts. The guy works for a Senate office and is basically a total sellout and schill. Not to mention he raised Bitcoins and kept them in a few scandals of his own. Also I sent Theymos PMs, emails, even contacted on Reddit and he ignored me never a single reply not even just as a gentleman. So yeah it casts serious doubt on the agenda of Bitcointalk.

As for my agenda honestly if you saw all the early chat logs you will see how most the convos were about tech. Steven offered to pay to use Halo tech at the time being 100 btc plus 10% of the coin which he offered to buy on the exchange. Bob came in with Ryan days before and asked if I would split a portion of what was raised and said they would set aside at least 500 btc for dev fund.

Considering it wasn't my project, the deal looked good obviously and I had not considered that all 4 of them were liars. Unfortunately, I never complained about how they structured the project which I realize was something that I should have done. I never asked why they were getting similar portions as the main dev. At the time I said I only wanted to be a project manager and they could hire devs. Lin said he had devs but that turned out to be bullshit. I figured at least Steven would stay on board. Not having control of finances was obviously a huge problem. And it took me a couple weeks to expose them. Consider during that time they were extorting from everyone anyways. What would you do if you saw them faking volume? If I told investors immediately, it would have ended up the same anyways. I'm not sure if being quiet about it for two weeks was wrong or not but that's why I had shifted gears to pegging early. The advantage of waiting was at least i got more evidence against them which helped defend us. They were the ones in control of BCT so that worked against the project too. Even the news saw all my chat logs and was unable to find anything showing I knew in advance.

Anyways that's old news. If anything it makes for a crazy story. However success is very sweet revenge and it would be totally awesome if this works out as planned. The ideas are sound. All that's left is hard work. I think this coins distribution is way better than a lot of premine coins.

For example I was told Fuelcoin dev had more than 90% of the supply. I've heard similar things about Scotcoin. Not sure which allegations are true.

If I had a coin honestly I would distribute based on valid Reddit or Facebook profiles since those are hard to fake.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 08:18:51 PM

Theymos himself has been implicated in scams. He also has no respect for peoples privacy. He has been known to release private messages to courts to help prosecute companies(which i think is extremely unethical). But then he won't stop serial scammers that have been abusing the forums. In theory because the forum is moderated, he has a fiduciary responsibility to remove any attempts of impersonation, and blatant privacy violations.

What's funny is, I have seen threads explaining how Theymos has done favors for moderators which shows he's also a hypocrite. For example one guy insulted a mod and Theymos helped remove the offending posts. The guy works for a Senate office and is basically a total sellout and schill. Not to mention he raised Bitcoins and kept them in a few scandals of his own. Also I sent Theymos PMs, emails, even contacted on Reddit and he ignored me never a single reply not even just as a gentleman. So yeah it casts serious doubt on the agenda of Bitcointalk.

As for my agenda honestly if you saw all the early chat logs you will see how most the convos were about tech. Steven offered to pay to use Halo tech at the time being 100 btc plus 10% of the coin which he offered to buy on the exchange. Bob came in with Ryan days before and asked if I would split a portion of what was raised and said they would set aside at least 500 btc for dev fund.

Considering it wasn't my project, the deal looked good obviously and I had not considered that all 4 of them were liars. Unfortunately, I never complained about how they structured the project which I realize was something that I should have done. I never asked why they were getting similar portions as the main dev. At the time I said I only wanted to be a project manager and they could hire devs. Lin said he had devs but that turned out to be bullshit. I figured at least Steven would stay on board. Not having control of finances was obviously a huge problem. And it took me a couple weeks to expose them. Consider during that time they were extorting from everyone anyways. What would you do if you saw them faking volume? If I told investors immediately, it would have ended up the same anyways. I'm not sure if being quiet about it for two weeks was wrong or not but that's why I had shifted gears to pegging early. The advantage of waiting was at least i got more evidence against them which helped defend us. They were the ones in control of BCT so that worked against the project too. Even the news saw all my chat logs and was unable to find anything showing I knew in advance.

Anyways that's old news. If anything it makes for a crazy story. However success is very sweet revenge and it would be totally awesome if this works out as planned. The ideas are sound. All that's left is hard work. I think this coins distribution is way better than a lot of premine coins.

For example I was told Fuelcoin dev had more than 90% of the supply. I've heard similar things about Scotcoin. Not sure which allegations are true.

If I had a coin honestly I would distribute based on valid Reddit or Facebook profiles since those are hard to fake.

Everyone knows you did nothing wrong david.

However, distributiong via facebook is not so good. Most people who want any privacy don't use fb.

POW is still the best way so long as fair release protocol is followed with a long and even mining period.

Perhaps we should not be too vocal or mention theylmos too much I mean if bitbay gets banned from this board or you do then that would be a big nail in the coffin at this point.

polo should be prime target

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 09:32:14 PM

Well obviously there was things I did wrong and things I'm sorry for. The quote goes "The fault dear Brutus lies not in our stars but in ourselves". It's key not only to be honest to other but also with ourselves. Granted, it's challenging to pay attention to potential threats, pitfalls etc in life when its so damn easy to get overwhelmed.

The point is, there is software here that is the result of years of work and it absolutely has value and deserve to be a top 20 coin. There is no doubt in my mind.

I realize insulting Theymos isn't the best idea hahahaha. It is just something most people don't realize about this forum. Unfortunately it suffers from poor management.

It's still the best forum for investors obviously.

I know people don't like Facebook or Google because of all they do to violate our privacy and how they manipulate information. However, what other platforms are there for fair distribution?!

I mentioned Reddit for that exact reason. But we want to reach the average Joe who doesn't care about Facebook politics and everyone has a Facebook. Perhaps it's a good idea to give multiple options??

Perhaps mining and ICO and distribution to valid Facebook/Reddit/Gmail profiles?! Steemit did that and found fast adoption.
Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 09:50:55 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 11:05:20 AM by Fragbait

Well if and when cryptos make a few pissed off scam victims incredibly wealthy the means and resources will be there.
JoeCoinman

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 12:01:39 PM

Sources have said Poloniex is seriously considering adding BAY. I hope recent comments do not detour them. Very disappointed in the BAY community for their comments. Too much negativity!!!
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 01:02:48 PM

Which sources do you talk about? & why would somebody new to crypto have any inside knowledge from Polo? I'm sure if Bitbay is been considered the people making that decision wouldn't tell people like yourself with the greatest respect.

Also  I haven't read any negativity towards Bitbay. Why should anyone be negative? I mean it has so much to look forward to in the next 6 months, community & awareness is growing & we have the best in the crypto world developing Bitbay! Plus David's always active & willing to chat to anyone with questions. He doesn't hide behind fake profiles also joe!
JoeCoinman

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 01:59:07 PM

If you do not believe the comment directly above mine and David telling Bob to F-Off is negative then you sir are a moron. I'm rooting for BAY and I was one of the first to buy from the ICO. I still hold and want to see success. It's time to put the past behind BAY and move forward. Stop responding to Bob because we already know he is trash. That is so 2 years ago. Just remember lot's of people are watching BAY right know wondering if it's going to be the next big coin. NOT EVERYONE WHO IS HOLDING POSTS. Every time someone new checks the status of BAY and sees these comments it's a turnoff. As far as my sources for the Polo addition I guess we will just have to wait and see.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:15:45 PM

If you do not believe the comment directly above mine and David telling Bob to F-Off is negative then you sir are a moron. I'm rooting for BAY and I was one of the first to buy from the ICO. I still hold and want to see success. It's time to put the past behind BAY and move forward. Stop responding to Bob because we already know he is trash. That is so 2 years ago. Just remember lot's of people are watching BAY right know wondering if it's going to be the next big coin. NOT EVERYONE WHO IS HOLDING POSTS. Every time someone new checks the status of BAY and sees these comments it's a turnoff. As far as my sources for the Polo addition I guess we will just have to wait and see.

POLO adding bay would be the start of the exposure we need.

Yes I agree though most know that David did nothing wrong and all of this is 2 years old so no need for it to be covered again. I see the return of the puppets and other critics as a good thing. You always seem to get fud before a breakout.

Just need more volume I expect to entice polo.

JoeCoinman

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:49:16 PM

Volume, fair distribution, and strong community will attract Poloniex. Props to David for the years of development even with some hard times. This is a selling point to all exchanges. All community members really should submit a coin request. Be friendly and courteous when submitting. Talk in the troll box but remember to RESPECT THE MODS when they ask you to stop talking about non-listed coins. Try to be more like the XMG community.  

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 07:25:57 PM

You are right Joe. It's in the past. I guess I just got tired of his bullshit. I'm sorry I really should ignore him like I normally do. It gets very tempting to respond sometimes.

Anyways you are the second person to discuss a Poloniex add. Can't you guys simply show the Polo owner the software? If he downloads it I can walk him through a contract. There isn't anything else like it in crypto.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 10:22:37 AM

You are right Joe. It's in the past. I guess I just got tired of his bullshit. I'm sorry I really should ignore him like I normally do. It gets very tempting to respond sometimes.

Anyways you are the second person to discuss a Poloniex add. Can't you guys simply show the Polo owner the software? If he downloads it I can walk him through a contract. There isn't anything else like it in crypto.

Does anyone have busoni's direct contact. I'm sure he would be interested in talking to David directly. Once they see the work in this project it should be a formality to get added.

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2016, 11:45:45 AM

The 'add coin' form has been filled in about 5 - 10 times by community members in the last 12 months, so they are aware of it or have considered it. They must have decided that we dont have enough volume maybe

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 02:20:58 PM

The 'add coin' form has been filled in about 5 - 10 times by community members in the last 12 months, so they are aware of it or have considered it. They must have decided that we dont have enough volume maybe

That's where the irony comes in, if we WERE on Polo, we WOULD have enough volume!

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:49:06 PM

That's where the irony comes in, if we WERE on Polo, we WOULD have enough volume!

Right now we don't have much volume. But many of the coins on POLO have far less.

3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:46:39 AM

Looks like it's picking up some!

If only more would realize how awesome it's going to be to potentially cold stake your coins on an exchange while you are waiting for your orders to get hit!
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: