Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:31:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
pospow

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:20:18 AM

BitSquare is not decentralized. They claim to be and it's just insane. They are simply an escrow. They hold the 3rd key and if their key gets stolen everything can get hacked. They can also collude. No matter how many times I bring this up with them, they continue to claim they are decentralized when nothing can be further from the truth.

Bitbay IS decentralized. Halos double deposit escrow is two parties only. Each one puts up their own collateral there are no 3rd parties. Sure I can add you on Skype.
decentralized is not a fault of any thing itself but uses of that thing makes it so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 02:17:01 PM

I was thinking about sometime I remember anonymint saying a while back. Or I think it was him.

That value will be built into eth and other similar platforms by others creating dapps ect running on top of them using their gas.

Is if possible in the future to allow this type of thing with bitbay.

I mean can we develop a way for people to plug in and program apps or run scripts on top of bay?

That would basically be just another speculation layer, that doesn't really move this out to real life use. It is much more interresting to build bussinesses that use Bay tech to offer new or improved services to real users.

Edit: Rereading your question. Maybe what I'm talking about was part of your question. If so, yes, We will get APi's that make it possible to build your own apps and scripts that run services on top of Bay.

Yes, that is what i meant apps to run on top of bays engine. I mean given the correct scripts and apps it does open up bay to lots of possibilities.

Would sports betting etc and things like augur and prediction markets be possible just like with ether?

I mean you could set up things like this manually on bay now in a kind of clunky way in your own market place i guess.

But with the correct software dedicated to this running on top of bay for each niche use case all geared towards user experience in that niche then things could blow up very quickly.. i mean via api could not mobile versions of many things be created and website based versions?

Especially if devs for these apps can code in a % fee for building them out.

Yes, sportsbetting etc is possible. Prediction markets too. And you'r right, we can do that now, but it's a little clunky. API (on roadmap) will make it relatively easy to build web versions of much that Bay offers (still a lot of work). Mobile too, but there are a few more loops to go through for that.

Thanks for replies. There is a lot to look forward to from bitbay. It seems the API will offer a lot of expansion and opportunity for other developers to join in.

I guess if the apps ran with a small fee for their service you could potentially see ICO's to raise BTC for them and then to get a stake in the profits. Even though these new apps are not able to issue their own tokens.

I think it's a good thing that they don't issue their own tokens. When API's are awailable it's time to build ordinary companies that bridge the gap between crypto and the old economy. I firmly believe you can use the BitBay technology to build the billion Dollar companies of the future. Our tech is already there, so it's possible to start now, giving whoever uses this opportunity a head start in what's to come.
Special K

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:32:23 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2017, 06:46:03 PM by Special K

I was thinking about sometime I remember anonymint saying a while back. Or I think it was him.

That value will be built into eth and other similar platforms by others creating dapps ect running on top of them using their gas.

I mean can we develop a way for people to plug in and program apps or run scripts on top of bay?

That would basically be just another speculation layer, that doesn't really move this out to real life use. It is much more interresting to build bussinesses that use Bay tech to offer new or improved services to real users.

Edit: Rereading your question. Maybe what I'm talking about was part of your question. If so, yes, We will get APi's that make it possible to build your own apps and scripts that run services on top of Bay.

Yes, that is what i meant apps to run on top of bays engine. I mean given the correct scripts and apps it does open up bay to lots of possibilities.

Would sports betting etc and things like augur and prediction markets be possible just like with ether?

I mean you could set up things like this manually on bay now in a kind of clunky way in your own market place i guess.

But with the correct software dedicated to this running on top of bay for each niche use case all geared towards user experience in that niche then things could blow up very quickly.. i mean via api could not mobile versions of many things be created and website based versions?

Yes, sportsbetting etc is possible. Prediction markets too. And you'r right, we can do that now, but it's a little clunky. API (on roadmap) will make it relatively easy to build web versions of much that Bay offers (still a lot of work). Mobile too, but there are a few more loops to go through for that.

How about lifts?Here in Europe is blablacar very famous because they have been for free till they maximized their market power and now they charge a lot of fees.A lot of people look for alternatives now and i would like to see something like this on a blockchain, preferably on bitbay.
And you should challenge Uber aswell Wink

Munti

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 08:33:23 PM

How about lifts?Here in Europe is blablacar very famous because they have been for free till they maximized their market power and now they charge a lot of fees.A lot of people look for alternatives now and i would like to see something like this on a blockchain, preferably on bitbay.

That's the wonderful thing with BitBay. As soon as we have all the pieces in place, anyone can offer those services p2p by providing an interface that utilizes the parts of Bay tech that is needed for it. So by providing an appealing UI in form of a web page or app, you can focus on marketing, maintainance and support and have a good income from small fees.
 Wink
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

That's the wonderful thing with BitBay. As soon as we have all the pieces in place, anyone can offer those services p2p by providing an interface that utilizes the parts of Bay tech that is needed for it. So by providing an appealing UI in form of a web page or app, you can focus on marketing, maintainance and support and have a good income from small fees.
 Wink

In this case should we get the api going next before anything else so we can start approaching other developers to collaborate and build more user friendly services on top of bay that require no downloading of blockchains and the like. From a users perspective there actually need be no sense that under the bonnet a decentralised crypto animal is powering their seemingly familiar web service.

Munti

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:14:50 PM

Wink

In this case should we get the api going next before anything else so we can start approaching other developers to collaborate and build more user friendly services on top of bay that require no downloading of blockchains and the like. From a users perspective there actually need be no sense that under the bonnet a decentralised crypto animal is powering their seemingly familiar web service.

There are different levels of work involved depending on what you want to do/offer. Many potential services only need a multisig wallet. Others need contracts. Many will need a mobile wallet. Building a mobile wallet is a big project. API is also some work, although not as bad as mobile wallet.
Altough many features are fully functional now, they are still evolving. David makes small improvements all the time. This could cause him to have to rewrite API's if he makes them to early. Better to let him proceed with his plan instead of pushing him in a direction that might increase his workload.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:45:36 PM

Wink

There are different levels of work involved depending on what you want to do/offer. Many potential services only need a multisig wallet. Others need contracts. Many will need a mobile wallet. Building a mobile wallet is a big project. API is also some work, although not as bad as mobile wallet.
Altough many features are fully functional now, they are still evolving. David makes small improvements all the time. This could cause him to have to rewrite API's if he makes them to early. Better to let him proceed with his plan instead of pushing him in a direction that might increase his workload.

Ah okay. I see. Yes that makes sense.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:38:03 PM

Cryptohunter why don't you just join slack?

A few people have asked me that on other projects...

I spend every spare moment I have on this board.

I am a firm believer this board is the hub of crypto. The importance of keeping this thread on the first page and looking alive and active can not be understated.

I know slack is far better for certain things and those that have any kind of tech prowess or something to offer in that area then slack is the place.

The questions I ask here on the thread although could probably be avoided if i was on slack are perfect for the thread  ...because the vast majority of new people joining or those not yet dedicated enough to bay are browsing this forum and it serves to keep the thread on page one and perhaps spark up discussion on thread  regarding points of distinct interest to would be investors and future community members.

To me anyway bay is so interesting and so vast in its scope that I just feel getting eyeballs on bay is enough to make others feel the same and get involved in some way even if it is just investing a bit of btc and holding.

I notice on the majority of projects where they reject the bct thread as their main medium of community interaction then the project can seem to suffer.

dzboston33

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:47:53 AM

I am a firm believer this board is the hub of crypto. The importance of keeping this thread on the first page and looking alive and active can not be understated.

I know slack is far better for certain things and those that have any kind of tech prowess or something to offer in that area then slack is the place.

The questions I ask here on the thread although could probably be avoided if i was on slack are perfect for the thread  ...because the vast majority of new people joining or those not yet dedicated enough to bay are browsing this forum and it serves to keep the thread on page one and perhaps spark up discussion on thread  regarding points of distinct interest to would be investors and future community members.

To me anyway bay is so interesting and so vast in its scope that I just feel getting eyeballs on bay is enough to make others feel the same and get involved in some way even if it is just investing a bit of btc and holding.

I notice on the majority of projects where they reject the bct thread as their main medium of community interaction then the project can seem to suffer.

Honestly, I agree with this, I started getting into BitBay because of this thread, not that I've invested much into it yet. If the whole community was on Slack I don't think I would started investing at it all becuase I wouldn't have found the information nearly as easily.
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:50:39 AM

I appreciate the help!
Got so many things going on right now can barely keep up here as well.
I'm currently working on a text tutorial with screenshots. It will be an ebook by the time I'm done with it, lol.

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
Lawyer

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:52:21 AM

Great work David. What are you working on at the moment?
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:28:01 AM

New Bitbay commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-K0qxvsRU

That looks really sharp guys. Congrats to whoever made it.

Munti

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:50:53 AM

You are absolutely right. Thank you for being so percistent in getting us out here to answer questions that help people see the potential in BitBay. At the moment we have a lot on our plate, and sadly that easily results in us not using this channel as much as we should. So thank you for what you are doing, and keep up the good work  Smiley
Munti

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:56:41 AM

Nice  Smiley
BitBay market is clearly the best alternative for many use cases like that. Once crypto community in general catches on to the fact that BitBay market is a much better and safer alternative than local bitcoins, we should see a decent increase in awarness about Bay.

HVCC

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:51:30 AM

Also there is a Spanish version of that very same commercial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrXm03ZSr_0

BitBay team member - Take your markets back!
Bee Cho Chen

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:43:27 AM

Awesome. Good to see
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:25:03 AM

Great work David. What are you working on at the moment?

The next round of performance updates. And I'm pretty much done. So expect this build 1.27 this week.
Munti

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:26:38 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2017, 11:37:11 AM by Munti

Open positions in the BitBay team

The BitBay team had a meeting May 7th, and decided it is time to reorganize the team.
Uptil now the team has had a very flat structure, and we will keep it that way as much as possible. However the team is now 15 people and growing, and that calls for a little more structure. The decision was to announce all positions except community manager (shared by Craig and Munti/sirlosealot) as vacant, and let the old and potential new team members apply for those.
Rule of thumb is that no one is paid to be part of the team. We will however be willing to hire needed skill sets short term as needed. We will also announce an extensive bounty list once the process of filling team positions is done.
Applications to join the team are sent to Craig or Munti/sirlosealot. In addition to stating what position you apply for, please describe your skill set as accurately as possible. Also give us an estimate of how much time you are able/willing to spend. We would also like you to tell us what you lack in an ideal skill set for the position you are applying for.
The following list of positions is our starting point. It may be altered based on the applications, and some positions may also be split between several people. Especially head of marketing and web dev are positions we might need to split in order to get all the skill sets required.

Head of marketing
 - We are looking for someone that is able to take us through a branding process and make a marketing plan. This would include being able to identify where we are in the development cycle, identifying target groups for different stages of development, knowledge of what channels to use to reach target group, etc. Experience with low budget marketing is required.

Marketing assistant (s)
 - We are looking for someone who has in depth knowledge for one or more of the areas that is relevant for head of marketing, or alternatively someone with good all-around knowledge in most of them, but not enough time or experience to fill Head of marketing.

Web dev(s)
 - We need web dev with good all-around knowledge. We use wordpress (and are likely to continue doing so), so in depth knowledge of wordpress is important. Security and SEO are also key areas.

Event manager
 - we are looking for someone to plan and execute events like treasure hunts, pay2email campaigns, etc. Creativity and accuracy are important skills beside knowing the client extremely well.

Community managers for specific languages
 - We are looking for someone to build, maintain, and expand BitBay communities in other languages than english. Chinese, spanish, and russian are top of our priority list, but we are of course open to other suggestions as well.

Support Manager
 - We are looking for someone that already has good all-around knowledge about crypto, and also has (or will acquire) in depth knowledge of our software. Support manager will build our entire support system together with community managers.

Marketplace salesman
 - we are looking for someone that can see to it that our marketplace is populated with contracts. This can either be done by filling it yourself, or by actively getting others to fill it. Maybe a combination. Minimum goals will be set for this.

Social media manager(s)
 - We are looking for someone to manage all or part of our social media, and also bring us to new arenas. Decent writing skills are a must.

Writers
 - We are looking for several writers.

Graphic designer(s)
 - We need graphic designer to produce both for marketing and tutoring.

Video producer(s)

- We need video producer to produce both for marketing and tutoring.
ur marketplace gets filled with contracts, either by filling it himself, or by getting others to fill it. The ambition should be that we always have a minimum of 100 contracts in the market to begin with, and increase it from there.

Dev(s)
 - We are always interested in dev help here. For now it’s probably most efficient that David keeps coding the new features, but there are other things to be done too. We could use someone that is good with UI and UX. Skill with Qt designer is needed for this.
We are also interested in any dev help that starts the process of developing mobile and web interface.

Team assistants
 - We are looking for people that don’t necessarily fit in one of the above descriptions, but who think they can make a contribution anyway -either because of skills not mentioned here, or because they are quick on their feet and can get things done when they are handed a task.

Did we forget any positions? Feel free to bring it up

Join our slack if you have not done so already http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation and shot me a pm if you want to help out

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:24:56 PM

thanks to cr197 and munti for acknowledging the work i put into bringing bay to peoples attention.

You guys both do very excellent work for bay too.

Also excited to hear of the new performance updates that David mentions.

m3mbr44n

Activity: 520
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:10:39 PM

I've got a question about staking (looked around for answer, but did not find anything)...
I have been staking for a month or two with windows QT wallet (considerable amount of BAYs). I have been staking appr. 70% of the time with stretches of several days continuous. I noticed that during this period the expected time until reward is fluctuating always between 4 and about 20 days without producing any minted coins. Is this correct with POS 3.0? Is there anything I can do to increase staking results?
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: