Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:23:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916344 times)
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 11:04:02 AM

New business plan in town - selling backplanes. I was waiting for this moment since friedcat announced backplanes.

lots of New Blades are still available as well as USB miners.

a new order of 5+ blades can add a backplane for .25 btc
an order of 10 blades gets the backplane for free

Sells are not going as expected? Not good...

backplanes were for every 10 blades
many of blades were sold in small quantities so there is a lot of spare backplanes
better to sell them then send back

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Monarch

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:15:50 AM

Dear Friedcat, board members, dear shareholders.

I don’t speak a lot, but as a shareholder I need to speak out now.

Here are my concerns.

1.)   Un-transparency in company mining hashrate
2.)   Un-transparency in company hardware salles and other income/expenses
3.)   Lack of updates from board or Friedcat himself

---

Regarding the first concern, i proposed the following question in the first round of questions

“Could we have an official live hashrate meter from ASICMINER?”

We received 2 answers for now:

Yes. Our internal management system is towards its completing. Directing the data to a public webpage is easy.

The same question made into the second round of questions as well, so second answer was :

We have an internal one, mainly for troubleshooting when some of the racks going down. The hashrate meter based on the blocks mined reflects more of the real speed (plus luck of course). We will buy more bandwidth before making it accessible by the whole internet. It also requires more commitment in maintenance.

Now is middle of September and we still don’t have hashratemeter. We are still guessing the hashrate from mined blocks, we are still questioning, believing, hoping, speculating …

For second concern regards un-transparency in company sales I proposed the following question

“For more transparency, is it possible to share a wallet address for depositing income from ASICMINER hardware sales?”

This question made into the second round of shareholders questions.

answer
We use a different deposit address for each payment transaction. But a centralized nexus address is good. Then people could see how the funds are separated as dividends and expenses.

From bitcoin-flow in AM addresses as a shareholder I still don’t have a clue how many blades/usbs company sold in week/month. Also what about direct sales in China? Franchising? Expenses? 2nd gen development? Moving?

Its really hard to write few words after each dividend? “The sales was … and the news are” If CEO doesn’t have a time for this anymore than somebody from staff could handle the public relations.

Third concern, lack of updates.

I remember days when Friedcat delivers updates like clockwork. This is not true anymore. And humble shareholders are kept in speculating darkness. What happened with transparency?

In this unstable times we need updates more than ever.

In my everyday life I see that money changes people, but I believe this is not an issue here and we shareholders are still important for company.

Kind regards,

Monarch
robix

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:23:15 PM

+1
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:25:48 PM

Here are my concerns.

---

Regarding the first concern, i proposed the following question in the first round of questions

Yes. Our internal management system is towards its completing. Directing the data to a public webpage is easy.

The same question made into the second round of questions as well, so second answer was :

We have an internal one, mainly for troubleshooting when some of the racks going down. The hashrate meter based on the blocks mined reflects more of the real speed (plus luck of course). We will buy more bandwidth before making it accessible by the whole internet. It also requires more commitment in maintenance.

Now is middle of September and we still don’t have hashratemeter. We are still guessing the hashrate from mined blocks, we are still questioning, believing, hoping, speculating …

For second concern regards un-transparency in company sales I proposed the following question

“For more transparency, is it possible to share a wallet address for depositing income from ASICMINER hardware sales?”

answer
We use a different deposit address for each payment transaction. But a centralized nexus address is good. Then people could see how the funds are separated as dividends and expenses.

From bitcoin-flow in AM addresses as a shareholder I still don’t have a clue how many blades/usbs company sold in week/month. Also what about direct sales in China? Franchising? Expenses? 2nd gen development? Moving?

Its really hard to write few words after each dividend? “The sales was … and the news are” If CEO doesn’t have a time for this anymore than somebody from staff could handle the public relations.

I remember days when Friedcat delivers updates like clockwork. This is not true anymore. And humble shareholders are kept in speculating darkness. What happened with transparency?

In my everyday life I see that money changes people, but I believe this is not an issue here and we shareholders are still important for company.

Kind regards,

Monarch

The third concern is the main reason i sold my shares. Friedcat needs to step out of the dark again.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:56:55 PM

The interesting possible counter to all this is that Friedcat and the Board should consider the following:

- Change dividend policy to monthly (or even quarterly)
- Change update policy to the same frequency

The reality is that since AM is a privately-controlled company with a minority listed on exchanges and it is not seeking to raise money since it's very profitable, it has no reason to be wasting it's time dealing with the absurd frequency of updates and dividends demanded in the Bitcoin World. That way it could officially just concentrate on running the business.

As I've said before, I'm involved in a few big private companies as a Director, Investor or both. Not one of them provides either a shareholder update or a dividend more frequently than quarterly.
robix

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:01:41 PM

That's popular IRL. Bitcoinland follows other rules.
boyohi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:06:52 PM

AM sell off because of no update and unknown hashrates?
robix

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:09:46 PM

That's the consequence. Shareholders tend to sell, interested investors have no reason to buy.
boyohi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:12:05 PM

LC just imploded. It seems like all stocks are going down.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:22:42 PM

LC just imploded. It seems like all stocks are going down.

Indeed.
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:29:05 PM

I want a hash meter, too, but I don't believe an AM hash meter adds to transparency.  It is better that 3rd parties are able to verify your hash rate:

http://asicminercharts.com
http://www.dpcapital.net/blockchain/?hours=96,72,48,24
http://runeks.dk/bitcoin/

tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:39:23 PM

I want a hash meter, too, but I don't believe an AM hash meter adds to transparency.

for transparency use blockchain.

from the last 200 blocks 6 were found by ASICminer.
houseofchill

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:57:49 PM

The interesting possible counter to all this is that Friedcat and the Board should consider the following:

The reality is that since AM is a privately-controlled company with a minority listed on exchanges and it is not seeking to raise money since it's very profitable, it has no reason to be wasting it's time dealing with the absurd frequency of updates and dividends demanded in the Bitcoin World. That way it could officially just concentrate on running the business.

As I've said before, I'm involved in a few big private companies as a Director, Investor or both. Not one of them provides either a shareholder update or a dividend more frequently than quarterly.

I agree. I'm down money on AM but I buy more when I can. There will be a leader that emerges from bitcoin miners. When bitcoin breaks the dollar's back what will happen to leveraged multinational corporations? Bitcoin will be the financial and consolidation center of the world. That's my gamble with AM. As long as things are on schedule I vote for friedcat to focus on the business.

Even I get sick of looking too often at prices.  The other players and BFL and Avalon made things look easy but they weren't easy.  Just look at Coinlab.
Endlessa

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 05:49:30 PM

I agree. I'm down money on AM but I buy more when I can. There will be a leader that emerges from bitcoin miners. When bitcoin breaks the dollar's back what will happen to leveraged multinational corporations? Bitcoin will be the financial and consolidation center of the world. That's my gamble with AM. As long as things are on schedule I vote for friedcat to focus on the business.

Even I get sick of looking too often at prices.  The other players and BFL and Avalon made things look easy but they weren't easy.  Just look at Coinlab.

It's not uncommon for a VC to step in and request updates from a startup when numbers are looking down. Or step in and take control.  That being said, since nobody here has controlling shares and the stock is just a "virtual entity", it would have to be a desire to be courteous or the will of friedcat for an update to be provided.  Though I still hold this model to be questionable, there is no recourse to force or reason to provide an update except as a courtesy. A thing that is evidently not a priority at this point.
velacreations

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 06:50:46 PM

Considering ASICminers overall success its surprising to see so many "experts" telling them how they should run their business. There's no lack of demand for shares so all this talk of "should have..." and "should do..." can just GTFO, they came here from nothing and kept their promises and that's worth far more than pro beancounting and paperwork.

I don't think it is unreasonable to get some information from FC regarding the mining problems and more concrete details of hardware for the next few weeks.  It would greatly help confidence to get some more information on how problems are being addressed.

noodle_dam

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 06:51:37 PM

Here are my concerns.

---

answer

Kind regards,

Monarch

---

Kind Regards,
-noodle_dam

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:04:22 PM

Considering ASICminers overall success its surprising to see so many "experts" telling them how they should run their business. There's no lack of demand for shares so all this talk of "should have..." and "should do..." can just GTFO, they came here from nothing and kept their promises and that's worth far more than pro beancounting and paperwork.
+1

And what with this non-stop obsession of a hash meter?
Are you in AM to look at their hashrate fluctuating every few hours? If not, then the estimates on 24h and more are far enough for you. And anyway, who cares about hash rate? We care about money reaching our pockets, right? Which means blocks found, and this is a public info.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 07:13:58 PM

Hi there,
I am not ASICMINER shareholder, but bulk order-buyer. I have purchased total of about 80 BE Blades. I bought 60 Blades recently from last old Blade promotion. Now I am trying to contact friedcat by e-mail, by PM and I have no answer at all in last 15 days.
Can someone tell what's going on? I want to buy about 50-100 New BE Blades but looks like they have no time to respond to their customers.

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
JimiQ84

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:15:42 PM

I would at least expect this from friedcat in this thread. But, well... we are resourcefull and can find info anywhere :-)

I have send fiedcat a pm asking fo the timeframe.

This is the response I received.  Can't say I understand it, but it sounds like September 16 there will be more info or a new post to clarify:  

Hi,

Here is the timeline:

Now - continuously supply of block erupter USBs
September 16 - restocking of new blades
October 7 - releasing of newer products

We would compensate with new blades or a combination of the above three. But anyhow we will start compensating(collecting information and shipping) at September 16.

Best regards,

friedcat

Thanks for the info. I received no response.
velacreations

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:17:58 PM

interesting.

October 7, releasing of "newer products"?  what does that mean?

Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: