Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:47:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Advcash | a new "anonymous" bitcoin debit card [EUR & USD]  (Read 177715 times)
AdvancedCash

Activity: 429
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 02:24:53 PM

Will you release a visa card in the future?

At the moment, I don't think so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 02:26:34 PM

I'm also interested in knowing this please .

What for?? What can VISA do that MasterCard can't?

Assuming that it's linkable to PayPal , Visa card can get your paypal verified (unlike MasterCard rise limits only AFAIK) and also you can withdraw funds to the card (unlike MasterCard)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AdvancedCash

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 02:28:55 PM

I'm also interested in knowing this please .

What for?? What can VISA do that MasterCard can't?

Assuming that it's linkable to PayPal , Visa card can get your paypal verified (unlike MasterCard rise limits only AFAIK) and also you can withdraw funds to the card (unlike MasterCard)

I don't think it makes any sense for a prepaid card provider to make their cards fundable from outside, e.g. from PayPal. What's the point of offering an $5 card that is free to use without any monthly fees and let people use it independently, as in, not getting any money in fees? Smiley Where's the business point in that? I think that's why most systems like ours specifically disallow outside funding.
someoldcoins

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:25:48 PM

i need to know are unverified  members  have problems with mastersecurcode when merchant support that on payment gateway  , you face this ?

i dont know because i think the support is clueless .

If you want to contact me about a particular ticket so that I can see what's going on, you need to email me at andrew@advcash.com with the ticket number. We do not post any account-specific information on message boards, every individual issue needs to be addressed by contacting us directly using the details provided inside the account.

As far as I know, there are no global issues like you described. I will be happy to answer your further questions via email.

hey, should i close this account  and open another with the same email ? i'm not sure if advcash can help me without supporting documents .

i think that there may be something wrong between me and wavecrest

this  arcot mastercardsecure /wavecrest keep popping every time with the merchant "entropay" ... error incorrect  answers  contact your issuer .

i tried twice the support they don't give any solutions just request me to verify account . which is the reply for everything when there is no idea or serious answer to the cause of  problem .
AdvancedCash

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 04:28:29 PM

i need to know are unverified  members  have problems with mastersecurcode when merchant support that on payment gateway  , you face this ?

If you want to contact me about a particular ticket so that I can see what's going on, you need to email me at andrew@advcash.com with the ticket number. We do not post any account-specific information on message boards, every individual issue needs to be addressed by contacting us directly using the details provided inside the account.

As far as I know, there are no global issues like you described. I will be happy to answer your further questions via email.

hey, should i close this account  and open another with the same email ? i'm not sure if advcash can help me without supporting documents .

this  arcot mastercardsecure /wavecrest keep popping every time with the merchant "entropay" ... error incorrect  answers  contact your issuer .

i tried twice the support they don't give any solutions just request me to verify account . which is the reply for everything when there is no idea or serious answer to the cause of  problem .

I just posted earlier that we do not post any account-specific information on public sites. All is done via contacting us directly, just read my message.
someoldcoins

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:37:02 PM

i need to know are unverified  members  have problems with mastersecurcode when merchant support that on payment gateway  , you face this ?

hey, should i close this account  and open another with the same email ? i'm not sure if advcash can help me without supporting documents .

this  arcot mastercardsecure /wavecrest keep popping every time with the merchant "entropay" ... error incorrect  answers  contact your issuer .

i tried twice the support they don't give any solutions just request me to verify account . which is the reply for everything when there is no idea or serious answer to the cause of  problem .

I just posted earlier that we do not post any account-specific information on public sites. All is done via contacting us directly, just read my message.

neither i asked to discuss this info here , i need things to be cleared up.
AdvancedCash

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 04:38:28 PM

i need to know are unverified  members  have problems with mastersecurcode when merchant support that on payment gateway  , you face this ?

hey, should i close this account  and open another with the same email ? i'm not sure if advcash can help me without supporting documents .

this  arcot mastercardsecure /wavecrest keep popping every time with the merchant "entropay" ... error incorrect  answers  contact your issuer .

i tried twice the support they don't give any solutions just request me to verify account . which is the reply for everything when there is no idea or serious answer to the cause of  problem .

If you actually need things to be cleared up by us, contact me/us just like my original message says. Things are not going to be cleared up here.
someoldcoins

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 04:47:24 PM

If you actually need things to be cleared up by us, contact me/us just like my original message says. Things are not going to be cleared up here.

because u don't want to share the secret and care of all problems in public "verify your account"

but i posted this to see if others unverified members have issue with entropay...
AdvancedCash

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 04:49:24 PM

because u don't want share the secret and care of all problems in public "verify your account"

but i posted this to see if others unverified members have issue with entropay...

I didn't tell to verify your account in public. I don't even know what account that is. I told you that if you want answers to your account-specific questions, you need to contact me/us directly, not post on some forum.

Good luck with that.
someoldcoins

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 05:00:14 PM

because u don't want share the secret and care of all problems in public "verify your account"

I didn't tell to verify your account in public. I don't even know what account that is. I told you that if you want answers to your account-specific questions, you need to contact me/us directly, not post on some forum.

Good luck with that.

okay u trying to twist every message , but really if support don't have answer for simple stuff we are not going to help ourselves unless we can contact the card vendor so we can get better idea about the account .
AdvancedCash

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 05:03:25 PM

Good luck with that.

okay u trying to twist every message , but really if support don't have answer for simple stuff we are not going to help ourselves unless we can contact the card vendor so we can get better idea about the account .

Are you kidding me? What message am I trying to twist? I told you from the very beginning that you need to contact us directly and that we do not process these things on forums. Find me one instance where I told you to verify your account or literally anything else. Stop wasting your and my time and contact us directly instead of these endless forum posts if you are not a troll and would actually like to know things. Which I'm doubting already.
someoldcoins

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 04:21:47 AM

Good luck with that.

Are you kidding me? What message am I trying to twist? I told you from the very beginning that you need to contact us directly and that we do not process these things on forums. Find me one instance where I told you to verify your account or literally anything else. Stop wasting your and my time and contact us directly instead of these endless forum posts if you are not a troll and would actually like to know things. Which I'm doubting already.

it's funny that u call me troll , why i would care about that more than pointing out my account issues and my views ? that being said the support is clueless about many problems and every time they need to troubleshot something they show me short answers .

"What message am I trying to twist?"
"Find me one instance where I told you to verify your account or literally anything else"

you even fail to understand your own words , look at the second quoted line to reference with your first question but not before reading my posts and see if i'm crazy like that  . i don't pretend that someone throwing accusations on me but in denial with the real context   .it's truly obvious in your posts is that u trying to stay defensive as much as possible ...avoid any argument.

but u don't have issue the problem remain "in the support ticket " if user did not verify account.
AdvancedCash

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 07:10:32 AM

Good luck with that.

it's funny that u call me troll , why i would care about that more than pointing out my account issues and my views ? that being said the support is clueless about many problems and every time they need to troubleshot something they show me short answers .

"What message am I trying to twist?"
"Find me one instance where I told you to verify your account or literally anything else"

you even fail to understand your own words , look at the second quoted line to reference with your first question but not before reading my posts and see if i'm crazy like that  . i don't pretend that someone throwing accusations on me but in denial with the real context   .it's truly obvious in your posts is that u trying to stay defensive as much as possible ...avoid any argument.

but u don't have issue the problem remain "in the support ticket " if user did not verify account.

I am not going to respond to whatever you post any further. If you want me to look into your issue and try to come up with any sort of actual solution, you need to read my very first message where I describe what you need to do, i.e. contact us directly with information relevant to the case. I have no idea what you are talking about, what 'problem' is that, who you are, or whether you have an account in the system at all. There is not going to be any 'argument' with you here on this forum, so don't try to make it look as if I'm avoiding anything. You are. Sounds like you are not really that interested in any solution and just want to troll. Why you spent all this time posting all these pointless comments instead of sending me one quick email and getting this over with is beyond me. Have a nice day.
xissburg

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 10:22:57 PM

Guys be careful with Advcash, avoid it. I just lost $4658 USD in a credit card fraud. Days ago (on June 24) when I logged in my advcash account I was devastated to see a negative balance and a series of weird transactions in my card. Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/lOxRKIN.png

They were all ATM withdrawals in Indonesian Rupiah, each around $150 and $200 USD, 29 in total. The fraud is pretty obvious. They were all performed in sequence on June 21 (and then one more on June 23), only a few minutes apart and nothing was done to block the card. This shows they have a pretty weak security, I had to block the card myself, and I still don't understand how my balance became negative. Are you allowed to spend more than you have??

This card was barely used and the only sketchy place I have used it was in London's subway ticket machine so I am almost certain my card was cloned there.

I contacted support and it took a few messages for them to understand what was going on even though it was all obvious.. quite frustrating. Then they tell me they can initiate a chargeback procedure with their card vendor and I have to pay $35 USD for each transaction and it can take up to 90 days. Like I mentioned earlier there are 29 fraudulent transactions so I would have to pay $1015 USD to move this forward! WTF?!!

I don't really know what to do at this point. Better give them $1k and get $4.6k back than be left with nothing instead. But I can't trust Advcash anymore after this. I can't just hand them $1k and believe they will do anything at all.

It's not Advcash's fault that the card was cloned, however, it's Advcash's fault not having detected the series of fraudulent transactions where the card should have been blocked on the first few transactions. It'd be ok to lose $300, now $4658... I obviously can't trust Advcash anymore, nor I can recommend it to anyone else, which I now regret doing in the past. All I can do is warn as many people as I can about the fragility of Advcash and how they can end up in the same terrible situation as me.

Ps: call me stupid for keeping this amount in this card, but the reason why I had almost $5k in this card is that weeks ago I was going to make a big payment and I'd do it with multiple credit cards so I topped up this one with bitcoins. I ended up doing a bank transfer and left this money in the card.. meh

I'm back with some news. Over the past few days I have been in contact with the COO of Advcash who’s been negotiating a chargeback with their card issuer. Wavecrest declined the request and we have come to an agreement where Advcash will reimburse me for 50% of the value that was lost, which is possibly a deal that’s good for both parties I guess. It’s sad but I’ll have to deal with this loss.

The conclusion is, never let significant amounts laying around in your card, and setup instant notifications to your email and SMS notifications to your mobile phone to track your transactions.

When I first posted this issue here I was very upset of course and said that I had lost trust in Advcash but I changed my mind now that I can see that this company is backed by real people with the aim of providing us a good product/service. I still have another Advcash card and will continue to use it, with care.

Big thanks to Advcash for doing what was possible in this tricky case.
redvex

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:06:52 PM

I've a question I don't know if it's allowed here : Is there a similar service as Advcash (only til international bank wires are fixed again) where you can deposit money via swift/wire and put it on your card? Or is there any workaround with another payment service to deposit it on Advcash?  (Maybe Payoneer?) I am a freelancer and I've used Advcash a lot.
I know it's a Bitcoin forum, but to deposit Bitcoins is not necessarily needed
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 03:25:37 PM

I've a question I don't know if it's allowed here : Is there a similar service as Advcash (only til international bank wires are fixed again) where you can deposit money via swift/wire and put it on your card? Or is there any workaround with another payment service to deposit it on Advcash?  (Maybe Payoneer?) I am a freelancer and I've used Advcash a lot.
I know it's a Bitcoin forum, but to deposit Bitcoins is not necessarily needed

Try Payza, but you need to be patience with their support. been using it since it was alertpay and still using them now. they have a brandnew debit card that you can order and available globally.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:27:49 AM

As much as I love no monthly fee for the card, there are so many other fees which compensates.
I just found out if I use this card via PayPal there is extra commission. It sucks bigtime!

So if I get it right, there are always some fees when using the card except lets say buying via POS?
AdvancedCash

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 09:43:31 AM

As much as I love no monthly fee for the card, there are so many other fees which compensates.
I just found out if I use this card via PayPal there is extra commission. It sucks bigtime!

So if I get it right, there are always some fees when using the card except lets say buying via POS?

There is no extra commission when using PayPal. There are no fees for transactions in the card's currency. Sometimes PayPal may assume the card is in GBP because it's issued in Gibraltar even though it's in USD or EUR actually, and the charge would be in GBP, which incurs the standard currency conversion fee of 2.95%. Just like all other fees, it's on the website. There are no hidden fees and secret situations where you would pay a fee that we did not openly list on the website. You need to check the conversion options with PayPal here, there is nothing we can do about it.
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:44:11 AM

There is no extra commission when using PayPal. There are no fees for transactions in the card's currency. Sometimes PayPal may assume the card is in GBP because it's issued in Gibraltar even though it's in USD or EUR actually, and the charge would be in GBP, which incurs the standard currency conversion fee of 2.95%. Just like all other fees, it's on the website. There are no hidden fees and secret situations where you would pay a fee that we did not openly list on the website. You need to check the conversion options with PayPal here, there is nothing we can do about it.

I have my paypal account set in EUR, my advcash card is in EUR, buying item which are priced in EUR...so why would I be charged in GBP?!
Not saying its your fault, just trying to understand. If you have some tip how to solve this...I'm all ears.
Thanks.
AdvancedCash

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 10:46:47 AM

I have my paypal account set in EUR, my advcash card is in EUR, buying item which are priced in EUR...so why would I be charged in GBP?!
Not saying its your fault, just trying to understand. If you have some tip how to solve this...I'm all ears.
Thanks.

I believe I answered both of these questions in my original response. You would be charged in GBP because PayPal assumes the card currency based on the country it was issued in, and according to PayPal, Gibraltar cards are supposed to be in GBP. It is completely not our fault, so even if you were saying that, it would not make any sense Smiley As for solutions, again, I already mentioned it. You need to check the currency conversion options on the PayPal transaction page. There is no way to do anything about any of that from our side.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: