Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:19:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:00:14 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/isps-intentionally-blocking-bitcoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:13:42 PM

I am designing my first version of the consensus network such that mining clients connect over the standard HTTP or HTTPS ports, so they will never be censored by port (only by sniffing the content of the protocol which can't be done if HTTPS unless it is backdoored by the NSA). And there are additional measures that can be done later to even improve on that.

That is one thing I hate about Bitmessage that it doesn't function on PLDT (it functions on Globe) because of the port blocking issue.

macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:59:52 PM

Can't go anywhere, but I'd just love to see it rolling... Smiley

A federal judge who called NSA’s surveillance practices “almost Orwellian,” says that he found a way to revive a constitutional challenge to the controversial program after a federal court lifted his 2013 injunction blocking the program.
In 2013 Richard J. Leon ruled that the NSA’s bulk snooping was likely unconstitutional. At the time he put his ruling on hold pending review by an appeals court.

http://www.rt.com/usa/314300-judge-challange-nsa-snooping/

almost Orwellian,” hahahahaha!!!

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 02:12:05 AM

Nietzsche's point that the highest ideal of Christianity is the destruction of most of mankind  - -

- - only shows how mistaken he is regarding Christianity.

The highest ideal of Christianity is that God became man to make man God.

Haven't heard it this way before. Very poetic, good sir.

"Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on Earth, as it is in Heaven"
"As above, so below"
The six pointed star (interlaced triangles pointing up and down) represents this ideal too.

Why, vokain, that almost sounds like Emmet Fox.  Bravo.

As above, so below.

But, all of this has to come from WITHIN.  Let those who do not believe do so in peace.  And it's even better to pray for them.  And that has a double-good effect.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 02:28:41 AM

New Zealand – Bucking the Trend to Move Cashless?

You can remain a non-tax resident in New Zealand by not staying there more than 183 days out of every 12 months. If you do become a tax resident, you get 2 years of tax free on worldwide income (not only domestic income). And then you can become a non-tax resident again by being outside the country for 325 days in a year:

http://www.ird.govt.nz/forms-guides/keyword/e-commerce/ir292-guide-nz-tax-residence.html

Remember Kim Dotcom has chosen NZ for his safe haven. NZ does have the north-westerlies which make some people very moody, but apparently this can be avoided seasonally and also living on the main island.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 03:03:13 AM

Nietzsche's point that the highest ideal of Christianity is the destruction of most of mankind  - -

"As above, so below"
The six pointed star (interlaced triangles pointing up and down) represents this ideal too.

Why, vokain, that almost sounds like Emmet Fox.  Bravo.

As above, so below.

But, all of this has to come from WITHIN.  Let those who do not believe do so in peace.  And it's even better to pray for them.  And that has a double-good effect.

Apparently your prayers worked! I've decided I'm going to worship the Greek Gods! My logic being that many are better than one, always go with an original, I like the idea of Gods who actively (physically manifest) take part in your life for better or for worse, and i believe the adoption of a foreign god is what has led to the current problems in Greece--if they'd go back to their roots, the Gods would set the world right again and the Greeks would return to dominance. May Zeus bless you all for showing me the light!

Now, does anyone want to join my campaign to move books on Zeus away from the mythology section and back to the religious section? I'll be taking donations, of course. 10% of your weekly income is prescribed to get the maximum benefit from the Gods.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 03:20:15 AM

Indeed, generalizethis.  Spreading bad vibes is no good.  Msg received.

Economic totalitarianism is bad enough without unwanted evangelization, I was kind-of hinting that above.

Peace to all.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:54:15 AM

"As above, so below"

As above, so below.

But, all of this has to come from WITHIN.  Let those who do not believe do so in peace.  And it's even better to pray for them.  And that has a double-good effect.

Apparently your prayers worked! I've decided I'm going to worship the Greek Gods! My logic being that many are better than one, always go with an original, I like the idea of Gods who actively (physically manifest) take part in your life for better or for worse, and i believe the adoption of a foreign god is what has led to the current problems in Greece--if they'd go back to their roots, the Gods would set the world right again and the Greeks would return to dominance. May Zeus bless you all for showing me the light!

Now, does anyone want to join my campaign to move books on Zeus away from the mythology section and back to the religious section? I'll be taking donations, of course. 10% of your weekly income is prescribed to get the maximum benefit from the Gods.
I like your avatar sir - but now I like you more!   Grin
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 11:27:32 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-exchange-itbit-hires-nydfs-lawyer-for-compliance-role/
minor-transgression

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 08:18:04 PM

These are not the terrorists you are looking for . . .

https://www.start.umd.edu/pubs/START_UnderstandingLawEnforcementIntelligenceProcesses_July2014.pdf
"3Although most organizations group Sovereign Citizens with other right wing groups, they are quite unique. Sovereigns do not specifically share the "supremacist" views of the Klan, etc. Their focus is not on individuals (e.g., minorities, Jews, etc.) rather their focus is on government dysfunction and abuse of authority. Their anti-government ideology is arguably more akin to left wing anarchists than right wing Klansmen."

The People -> people -> citizens -> Sovereign Citizens -> Sovereigns -> Terrorists?

What are you doing America? This is like watching an old friend self-harming!

*shakes head*   *looks away*

May Kafka grant you a pleasant and peaceful weekend.

BTW Nietzsche was a wimp, he never said what he _really_ thought :-)
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 02:30:33 PM

"As above, so below"

As above, so below.

You kind of receive the God that You allow to Be. The Greek gods have their own, maybe given, maybe earned (the immortalized mortal-born, which is a powerful ideal for all of us) domains of godliness, but they're, separately, not all encompassing. I think that's where the split from paganism and monotheistic Abrahamic religions arose. The Qabalah is a good lens to conceptualize God in Its different degrees.

Edit: OROBTC, thank you for the Emmet Fox suggestion, just started The Sermon on the Mount yesterday:)
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 02:52:58 PM

"As above, so below"

As above, so below.

You kind of receive the God that You allow to Be. The Greek gods have their own, maybe given, maybe earned (the immortalized mortal-born, which is a powerful ideal for all of us) domains of godliness, but they're, separately, not all encompassing. I think that's where the split from paganism and monotheistic Abrahamic religions arose. The Qabalah is a good lens to conceptualize God in Its different degrees.

Edit: OROBTC, thank you for the Emmet Fox suggestion, just started The Sermon on the Mount yesterday:)

Any conception of god that depends on a trickster god (lucifer, satan, devil) isn't all encompassing. Maybe what jung was talking about when he said the evolution of man was determinant on incorporating your shadow self instead of badgering it with morals and dogma (I'm adding my own spin to make it more obvious--of course). Once you lose the idea of a permanent right and wrong and accept humanity for what it is, evolving hopefully, you stop trying to will it towards an impossible ideal (god ideal jammed against an impossible--but sadly more realistic due to the slant being too big towards godism--devil ideal) and start willing it towards what it actually can become.  I want a reality based on reality, so any system that starts "In The Beginning...." with a humanoid as omniscient and omnipresent is a deal-breaker for me. Now if you want to develop artificial systems to help men to come closer to the possibility of that ideal, then i'm all ears. The Wright brothers didn't fly because god gave them wings, they flew because they understood  how to assemble the tools to get off the ground and dismissed the idea of "If god wanted us to fly, he would have given us wings." If mankind wants godlike knowledge and to live unbounded lifespans, more than a few men will need to put down the Bible and start developing towards a singularity that lets man become the AI.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:27:47 PM

Jesus is a living person. And once you have met him, the notion that he "does not exist" is frankly, quite stupid.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 04:29:18 PM

Jesus is a living person. And once you have met him, the notion that he "does not exist" is frankly, quite stupid.

I worked with a Jesus once. his brother was named Caesar.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:17:20 PM

At this point, IMO, we can drop the back & forth re Christianity, it looks like no one's minds will be changed today or tomorrow.  They say "never discuss religion or politics at dinner parties" for a reason...

Smiley and peace

vokain, I think you will really like the book.  It was a game-changer for me, it was sent to me by a fellow recovering AA, a guy I don't even know (an "internet friend", I have a few, maybe soon you will be too).  That book was the forerunner of the book now used in AA.  Emmet Fox has a totally different take on, well, everything.  At least as far as I can tell, only having known relatively superficial amounts about Christian thought earlier.

rpietila, you already seem "there" so maybe the book (The Sermon on the Mount) may not be necessary for you, but it sure helped ME a lot.  A life saver.

Back on track here re Economic Totalitarianism, there was this great (but ominous) thread from Zero Hedge this morning that I want to re-read about a cashless society.

Our old friend Blythe Masters "quiere meterse en" (put herself at the node of) the new cashless society, based on blockchain-type technology.  Getting rid of CA$H would be very, very bad in my view.  We would be tracked, but the "wrong TPTB" would probably have some kind of loophole keeping their own wealth and transactions secret.  Link:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-06/life-cashless-world-how-cash-became-policy-tool-%E2%80%93-interview-dr-harald-malmgren

Who knows how the future will go?

But (directed to vokain and/or rpietila), Emmet Fox wrote that "The Captain is on the Bridge", and that all will work out OK.  I can send you a reference to this (and other daily thoughts of Fox, a most excellent other book, by PM if you like).
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 07:54:04 PM

One of you readers (NOT vokain nor rpietila) has a message!  In response to yours.  The little marker noting an incoming at "My Messages" is pretty subtle, so I alert you to it, "just in case" you don't see it (I sometimes do not notice when I get a PM).

Zero Hedge has ANOTHER thread on the war on cash just now (Sunday afternoon US ET).

Bill Bonner offers up a LONG video (promotional to a degree of course) re what happens when the CA$H runs out and the credit system fails.

http://usadownfall.com

TL;DL(isten)...: Yuck!
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 09:18:18 PM

"As above, so below"

As above, so below.

Any conception of god that depends on a trickster god (lucifer, satan, devil) isn't all encompassing. Maybe what jung was talking about when he said the evolution of man was determinant on incorporating your shadow self instead of badgering it with morals and dogma (I'm adding my own spin to make it more obvious--of course). Once you lose the idea of a permanent right and wrong and accept humanity for what it is, evolving hopefully, you stop trying to will it towards an impossible ideal (god ideal jammed against an impossible--but sadly more realistic due to the slant being too big towards godism--devil ideal) and start willing it towards what it actually can become.  I want a reality based on reality, so any system that starts "In The Beginning...." with a humanoid as omniscient and omnipresent is a deal-breaker for me. Now if you want to develop artificial systems to help men to come closer to the possibility of that ideal, then i'm all ears. The Wright brothers didn't fly because god gave them wings, they flew because they understood  how to assemble the tools to get off the ground and dismissed the idea of "If god wanted us to fly, he would have given us wings." If mankind wants godlike knowledge and to live unbounded lifespans, more than a few men will need to put down the Bible and start developing towards a singularity that lets man become the AI.

"The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world. The bird flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas."
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 09:32:57 PM

Bzzzt!  Someone else has a message in case you do not notice incoming PMs like happens to me sometimes...

One response that seems to parallel others here at Economic Totalitarianism is to just not play "their game".  Many spiritual people already seem to be there, at least what I am seeing here.

Spiritual Peace is something rather new for me (as hinted at above).  But, I worry LESS about money now.  And what people think about me.  

Yet, I wish everyone peace and happiness!  Weird, I know.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:48:33 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 02:36:30 AM by TPTB_need_war

Anyone who still interested to follow my health saga:

http://gutcritters.com/gut-flora-blood-brain-barrier/

http://gutcritters.com/risk-factors-small-intestinal-bacterial-fungal-overgrowth/

http://gutcritters.com/about-me/

http://gutcritters.com/saccharomyces-boulardii/   <--- Why Kombucha tea may be so effective

http://gutcritters.com/intestinal-alkaline-phosphatase-gut-health/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18078689
http://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1156836

http://gutcritters.com/why-raw-garlic-may-be-your-guts-best-friend/

http://gutcritters.com/high-intensity-exercise-heat-and-endotoxemia/

http://gutcritters.com/how-your-gut-flora-shapes-your-immune-system/

http://gutcritters.com/why-cant-i-sleep-part-three-how-diet-can-affect-sleep/

I don't know what is going on with me. My M.S. symptoms basically disappeared entirely after drinking some concoction that ended up being a mistake. Bless her heart, my gf faithfully measured out the 60 ml of "sugar" to make our first 1 liter batch of Kombucha tea last week. I let it sit to "ferment" for 2 days, then I tried it and it tasted slightly vinegary, slightly like tea and extremely salty. I was in such a mental fog, it didn't occur to me that she had measured salt instead of "sugar". I proceeded to drink it and got some effects which felt sort of like being mildly drunk. I also got pains in my disgestive tract. But then my M.S. symptoms disappeared. Instead I got severe edema in my feet and lower leg, which I realize probably isn't an M.S. effect but rather due to excessive consumption of salt. These extremely swollen feet were the first symptoms I had back in 2009/2010 which first indicated to me that I had a serious chronic illness.

We killed the SCOBY, so have to order a new one to make Kombucha tea. I am in limbo on that at the moment.

I don't know if that concoction had any remaining yeast and/or bacteria in it. Perhaps it was the vinegar and salt which did something magical to my digestive tract. I also don't know if this is permanent. Also I did a few other things right at that time too. One I am eating drastically more vegetables than I did pre-fasting. These are cooked with loads and loads of fresh garlic and onions. And I am adding a table spoon of cayenne pepper to every meal. I can feel my urethra burn when I pee. Also I broke down and am eating a very slight amount of meat, bread, and butter, which don't seem to help other than I gain back some weight. I also add almost exclusively chicken livers for 2 days of that, which are very high in zinc.

http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/2013/01/research-is-salt-tablet-going-to-treat.html

http://www.watercure2.org/

http://www.watercure2.org/multiple_sclerosis.htm

http://editor.nourishedmagazine.com.au/articles/anti-fatigue-factor-of-liver

I had become more convinced lately that my M.S. was due to gut dysbiosys. I know that my shit all came from taking antiobiotics too many times, eating food that always has MSG and sugar, and having no access to hot sauce. This was my predicament in the Philippines the decade leading up to recently (not any more!).

I was about ready to do a self-administered fecal transplant, when I suddenly had this outcome above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEMnRC22oOs
http://thepowerofpoop.com/epatients/fecal-transplant-instructions/

The following image to me confirms the long-standing reoccurring pain and yellowing in the abdomen can be due to dysbiosis in my upper colon. Yellowing is a bruising effect from dying tissue that is leaking in the abdomen.

macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:44:06 PM

TPTB_need_war:

I just pm'd you (I'm so beat up from the lab work that I accidentally posted that thing here). *sigh*

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: