Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:54:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:00:20 PM

Yeah - it took me 5 years of studying theology to finally understand that it's all nonsense. That's my opinion, please respect it, I'll respect your and that's it. Don't force your ideas upon others. Go be with Jesus.

Logic - can't fight it. Not in this universe. Which, I for one, believe drives this current version of the universe we're living in.

How can logic be a nonsese?
You studied theology to understand God: you found Logic
After 5 years of studing you realised that logic is nonsense.

On logic is based Science: logic is sense by definition.

Best regards.

What I said is that logic can't be contradicted. Read carefully!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:01:39 PM

The validity comes about because of the fact that it exists as it does??
What does that even mean?
Something is because something is? The fact that the Harry Potter exists (it is written) doesn't mean the accounts in it are true.
And tradition and word of mouth are not proof.

I quote that.

Can we agree on the God of the Old Testament: is the God of the Old Testament the same of all 3 monotheistic religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam)?

Best regards.

Yeah - it's easy to call someone stupid without backing your words with anything. Although, you should never call someone stupid, even if they are - it's rude. Grow up!

My argument was about Stupidity not about a person in particular.

Can we agree on the God of the Old Testament: is the God of the Old Testament the same of all 3 monotheistic religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam)?

Best regards.

Stories don't mean anything. Even if they are told by "real" people doesn't mean they are real.
Just once I'd like to see you say something concrete: God exists, and the proof is "X".
Something scientifically proven. Until now you haven't said a thing.

God exists and the proof is Faith.

Best regards.

God will never be one and the same with allah (God in Arabic). This is because God has 3 distinct, separate persons making up one God. This is not at all like allah. (We are wrong to capitalize the word "allah." "Allah" simply means "god." Since it is a false god, it should not be capitalized.)

Judaism would be the same as Christianity if the Jews basically did not reject that Jesus is God. At one time they had not rejected the Messiah. But now they have by rejecting Jesus. With that rejection, they have made their god to be a god of two persons rather than the three that the Christians have.

One God, three separate, distinct persons. Difficult to understand.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
eon89

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:01:48 PM

So the Holy Spirit works better on the weak minded/spirited? That's really funny.
That would mean that the ones that are atheists have strong mindsets.
Thank you for the compliment. It's very welcome.

You cannot be an atheist: you studied theology.

You are not making sense (again).

Best regards.

I also studied physics but I'm not a physician. If a study a certain field makes me only an informed person concerning that field. That's all.

eon89

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:02:55 PM

The idea of cause and effect suggests that there is no free will. But how can one talk to a materialistic scientist who doesn't believe in spirit and soul, but only believes in bio-mechanical operations of mind?

Because Science comes from Wisdom which comes from fearing the Lord.

Best regards.

As usual, we have to fear the Lord. That's not right - ruling through fear. That's the rule of the jungle. The most powerful rules. There was no need for laws and free will. Fear always works best.

If you want to be Wise you need to work: work is called fearing the Lord in Theological sense.

You could live stupid all your life: I won't blame you for that.

Best regards.

Thank you for not blaming me, even if you do consider me stupid. I'll do the same for you.

BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:04:52 PM

I also studied physics but I'm not a physician. If a study a certain field makes me only an informed person concerning that field. That's all.

You need to be a priest to study Theology: you cannot study by yourself.

I accept that answer in the "violent discussion" we are having.

Best regards.

EDIT: if Theology can be studied without being a priest give proofs.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:06:56 PM

God will never be one and the same with allah (God in Arabic). This is because God has 3 distinct, separate persons making up one God. This is not at all like allah. (We are wrong to capitalize the word "allah." "Allah" simply means "god." Since it is a false god, it should not be capitalized.)

Judaism would be the same as Christianity if the Jews basically did not reject that Jesus is God. At one time they had not rejected the Messiah. But now they have by rejecting Jesus. With that rejection, they have made their god to be a god of two persons rather than the three that the Christians have.

One God, three separate, distinct persons. Difficult to understand.

Smiley

Too easy to talk like that.

Did you ever fight your father?!?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:08:18 PM

Jesus is the rock.
I am founded on Jesus.
Of course talking to me is like talking to a rock...
You can't move the foundation of the universe, the Rock, Jesus Christ.

Smiley

Humm... Jesus is different from the Bible. The biggest part of the Bible has nothing to do with Jesus, you know that no?

Now what started this line of thinking?

Actually, you are wrong. The whole theme of the Bible is to show the salvation that Jesus provides. In fact, the beginning of the Gospel of John in the New Testament says:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.

In the quote, the word "Word" is used to refer to both Jesus and the Bible.

In addition, Jesus, Himself, said, referring to the Scriptures (Bible):
These are they which testify about me.

The Bible is essentially, at least in theme, Jesus.

Smiley

What about the Leviticus for example? Which is the part where homosexuality or the worship of other gods is heavily punished, most of the time by death (and a painful one). What's the link with Jesus here?

First let me go back to the beginning. After Adam and Eve sinned, God came to them walking in the Garden. They hid themselves because they were naked. You can read about it in Genesis chapter 3. Specifically for our purposes, verse 8:
Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

God is a Spirit. Spirits don't walk in gardens in the cool of the day. The one aspect of God Who is not only a Spirit only, but is also a man so that He can walk, is Jesus. Jesus was there right in the beginning, already helping people through their sins and mistakes. Read how He helped Adam and Eve, it's in the Bible, in Genesis 3.

Regarding Leviticus, the whole period of the Israel people from the time even before they left Egypt, and throughout the early years in Canaan, Jesus is there... in the form that He has in the beginning chapter(s) of the Revelation. Whenever you see the words "the Angel of the Lord" in the Old Testament, this is talking about Jesus, before He came in His humility - as a child born of Mary. If you see the words, "an angel," or "an angel of the Lord," it probably is not talking about Jesus.

The whole Bible is about Jesus and the things He did to save mankind. In addition, it is written in ways that the reader will get the best advantage out of it... by listening to the stories of real people who lived real lives of trouble, just like all of us.

Smiley

Stories don't mean anything. Even if they are told by "real" people doesn't mean they are real.
Just once I'd like to see you say something concrete: God exists, and the proof is "X".
Something scientifically proven. Until now you haven't said a thing.

If you really feel like this, there is no way that you can accept anything as scientific fact without doing the experiments yourself.

Do you really speak in this forum because you like to watch how people articulate the "stories" they talk about? Is it simply an exercise of semantics for you?

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:08:54 PM

Validity of the new testament is attested by tradition and eye reports? I mean you're joking right?

Much (maybe most) of the New Testament is eye-witness reports. The validity comes about because of the fact that it exists as it does, being backed by people who hang onto tradition (Christians of Israelite ancestry) more than they hold onto life itself. Their tradition is that the New Testament is truth.

Smiley

The validity comes about because of the fact that it exists as it does??
What does that even mean?
Something is because something is? The fact that the Harry Potter exists (it is written) doesn't mean the accounts in it are true.
And tradition and word of mouth are not proof.

The "as it does" part includes the history of it. As I have mentioned in a previous post, we now have fragments of the New Testament that go back to before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD.

Smiley

You mean to say that if 2000 years from now someone will discover a copy of The Lord Of the Rings, they'll have proof that Elves existed?
We now have fragments of something someone sometime wrote. So what?

mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:09:54 PM

This is the sh*t I've heard all of my life: when you give logical, irrefutable proof to a religious nut, the only argument they have is: anything is possible with God. And that's it.

"To study Theology you need to become a priest."
If you did studied Theology and now you are an atheist it means that your Faith was not strong enough.

That will put you will all the other sinners so called atheists.

Best regards.

Child, you need to get a degree in theology before becoming a priest. Get your facts right.

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:10:59 PM

You mean to say that if 2000 years from now someone will discover a copy of The Lord Of the Rings, they'll have proof that Elves existed?
We now have fragments of something someone sometime wrote. So what?

And... we are back to the Chupacabra!

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:13:01 PM

It seems that logic hurts sometimes. Sorry for hurting you. It'll pass. The Lord will help you.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:13:36 PM

If we had the proof of His existence then how us, mortals, could oppose His will?
God has left a tiny area of free will open in us. It has to do with aspects of faith that we have in Him. It doesn't have anything to so with any of our standard understanding of free will, like choosing which side of the bed to get out of in the morning.

Our free will has to do with limited aspects of our faith in God. That's it. God judges us according to our faith in Him.

Then how could He test us?
God tests us based on the freewill portion of our faith in Him.

...the area of free will...

Free will?  That is something I can prove false...

If you believe these 3 common Christian beliefs:
1) God created the universe exactly as it is
2) God could have created the universe differently if he wanted to (billions of possibilities)
3) God is Omniscient (knows the future)

Then free will cannot exist

God created this specific universe, knowing exactly what would happen, including your personal choices (free will)...  he could have created a universe where I was a Christian instead of an Atheist, but God created this universe, knowing that I would be an Atheist... It's God's fault I'm an Atheist, not mine!

A point about free will and prayer...

When you pray for God to change his divine plan to benefit yourself... You claim that you know better than God does?  You ask him to change his perfect/divine plan because your kid has cancer?  Who are you to question God's divine/perfect plan?!?  God gave your kid cancer because that is His plan, and you think you know better than God? The lolz

Logic - can't fight it. Not in this universe. Which, I for one, believe drives this current version of the universe we're living in.

Since God asks us to pray, does Moloch think that God doesn't have the ability to answer prayer according to our way and His at the same time?

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:16:51 PM

2) God could have created the universe differently if he wanted to (billions of possibilities)

God created this specific universe, knowing exactly what would happen, including your personal choices (free will)...  he could have created a universe where I was a Christian instead of an Atheist, but God created this universe, knowing that I would be an Atheist... It's God's fault I'm an Atheist, not mine!

You have free will in deciding to have faith in him or not.

Best regards.

No. You only have free will to decide not to believe in Him. However, if your free will is weak enough, the Holy spirit can work faith in your heart.

Smiley

So the Holy Spirit works better on the weak minded/spirited? That's really funny.

Unfortunately for them, if their spiritual strength is strong enough to resist God, they are resisting their own salvation, and plunging themselves into Hell.

Oh well. They asked for it. Even god gave them this ability. Jesus said, "Shake the dust off your feet."

Smiley

mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:17:05 PM

There is too much pain and suffering in this world that so many innocents endure to believe there is a God that loves us like a parent would.
Why does He allow it? Or, seeing as how He knows the future, He did so from the beginning. Is it some kind of sadistic thing?

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 08:17:31 PM

It seems that logic hurts sometimes. Sorry for hurting you. It'll pass. The Lord will help you.

Are you an atheist?

If you are an atheist, yours is not logic: you are just trying to cover your sin with something else, may be as well the Chupacabra.

That is not fun.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:18:45 PM

You have free will in deciding to have faith in him or not.

Best regards.

No. You only have free will to decide not to believe in Him. However, if your free will is weak enough, the Holy spirit can work faith in your heart.

Smiley

Unfortunately for them, if their spiritual strength is strong enough to resist God, they are resisting their own salvation, and plunging themselves into Hell.

Oh well. They asked for it. Even god gave them this ability. Jesus said, "Shake the dust off your feet."

Smiley

You wrote god instead of God. You sinner! How could you forget? What if God will forget to offer you air tomorrow?! you should be stoned to death or something.  Grin

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:19:21 PM

The idea of cause and effect suggests that there is no free will. But how can one talk to a materialistic scientist who doesn't believe in spirit and soul, but only believes in bio-mechanical operations of mind?

Best regards.

As usual, we have to fear the Lord. That's not right - ruling through fear. That's the rule of the jungle. The most powerful rules. There was no need for laws and free will. Fear always works best.

Fearing God is wisdom. After all, He has the ability to do anything to you He wants. Be glad He is patient and merciful with you.

Smiley

mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:19:57 PM

Are you an atheist?

If you are an atheist, yours is not logic: you are just trying to cover your sin with something else, may be as well the Chupacabra.

That is not fun.

Best regards.

Logic is not logic? That seems logical. At least in your church. I mean God can make anything possible, right?

mrflibblehat

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:21:08 PM

Best regards.

Fearing God is wisdom. After all, He has the ability to do anything to you He wants. Be glad He is patient and merciful with you.

Smiley

I am glad He is patient and merciful with me. But I think He has to choose: fear or love. What does he want? There seems to be some kind of contradiction here.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:22:19 PM

Much of the New Testament is eye-witness reports about Jesus and the things He did. In addition, while it is not scientific proof, the Holy Spirit has enlightened the hearts of Christians through faith that Jesus not only existed, not only is the Messiah, but also lives in Heaven right now as the almighty God with the Father and Holy spirit.

Have you read that little header above each of the gospels?

When were they written, according to your own bible? (many bibles give dates)

The earliest (Mark) is supposedly written 40 years after "Jesus" died, the latter ones as late as 140AD, over 100 years after Jesus died... now add 20 years since they were not children when they met Jesus...

Given the average lifespan was around 30 years at the time, I find it hard to believe that these 60-140 year old men wrote accurate accounts of what happened 40-100 years earlier...

How well do you remember events from 40+ years ago?

Assuming that the headers accurately mean what you say that they do, with God nothing is impossible. The Holy spirit can bring all memory alive in those that He wants to.

Smiley

This is the sh*t I've heard all of my life: when you give logical, irrefutable proof to a religious nut, the only argument they have is: anything is possible with God. And that's it.

How would you really know? You haven't examined the scientific proof for God that I gave. It would only be a story for you until you went out and proved it for yourself. What in the world is your purpose in this forum?

Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: