Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:32:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:28:52 PM

Another ad-hominem attack. Do you have a wider set of logical fallacies that you prefer, or do you just stick with special pleading and ad-hominem attacks?

Obviously, you are not very interested. If you were, you would go out and do your own investigating.

Smiley

Then please don't post information you don't understand and for which you cannot provide proof.

The fun and interesting part about this thread is conversation and discussion, but you just want to monolog.

First, I haven't done any ad-hominem regarding you. You have done them to yourself by expressing that you are ignorant when you are not. I am simply repeating them a little more directly. So, I am not attacking. I am simply pointing out your own self-attacks.

Why do you post information that tears down understanding and knowledge? As I have said, I say again.
Science proves the existence of God.
Science proves the non-existence of fundamental evolution.
Science is mixed with fiction which is called theory in science.

All you need to do is investigate these, and you will see that they are the truth.

Of course, why should I be surprised that there are people ho are spreading lies like you are? Such people have been around almost from the beginning.

Smiley

Stop calling people ignorant just because they have different belief system than you do. It's just rude!
"Science proves the existence of God." Dude! If that's true - and by proving meaning that you actually have scientific proof that can be demonstrated and repeated then I'll shut up.
Also stop calling people liars. Prove that they're lying, don't just throw ugly words just because you don't agree.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:29:10 PM

<snip>

And elgeo, again, still unable to think, but up to copy and paste rather than typing.

Cheesy

Well at least I can type properly. Don't Know about the copy paste though. Well I guess I'll just have to have faith that you're telling the truth.
You know what? Faith doesn't give me that much support. Sorry.

Since you don't know for a fact what will happen even a minute from now, you live almost entirely on faith.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
eon89

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:32:18 PM

Until science discovers and proves that nothing is magical. Just because it wasn't explained until now it doesn't mean it's magic. It just means that at the moment we don't understand it.
Imagine showing our world to a person that lived 100 years ago. He'd be dizzy in a moment and maybe couldn't understand or adapt his whole entire life.
Just as a exercise for your mind: think about yourself being born in 1901, and slowly get closer to our times: how many wonderful are really incredible discoveries have been made? It's astonishing!
Thank you science - you rule!

Never said the contrary. But science can't explain the creation of the world.
Why? Well just simply because in science 0+0 is always 0. If we manage one day to explain the creation of the world "scientifically" it will be by a new way to consider the world which will be as different from current science as from religion.

And again science and religion are not opposed! I see no reason to give up one or another. I'm an engineer and I still have the faith! I know by heart the Maxwell's equations but that also makes me even more aware of what science has still not explained and might never explain!  Cheesy

Science is sometimes very disruptive. You claim you're an engineer then you probably know that the quantum revolution created a new part of science that couldn't have been even imagined before. If we discover dark matter for example maybe it'll lead us to something totally incredible that might even explain the universe!

And that's a complex explanation. I only tried to stay simple with people from let's  say a century ago imagining a plane.
Faith is good, and people can believe whatever they want, just don't try co convince people that have evidence, to believe things of which you only have a book written by a bunch o guys to stand your words on.

I never tried to do so  Smiley

Even, I tried to explain why I think faith is good but why atheists shouldn't be condemned for not having faith, so you can't say i'm trying to convince you ^^
Finally a reasonable man. You keep you faith. We'll gonna keep science. Hope it'll be well in the end for all of us. Just stop trying to force your religion on us. Yeah BADecker - I'm talking to you.

Hmm... No i'll also take science ^^

As I said I think you can have both, science and faith, I don't see why I shouldn't understand how the universe works to be able to have the faith to believe in God! You can have both  Cheesy
But I do have faith my dear gentlemen - faith in science. That is still faith is it not?
And I know what will happen a minute from now. 5 things actually:
1. it's gonna get dark
2. I'm gonna eat something
3. I'm going to have a cola after it
4. you'll just continue with your babble
5. and finally, again, you'll continue to ignore our point if view and insist that you're the only one that is right and all uf us are wrong.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:33:10 PM

Another ad-hominem attack. Do you have a wider set of logical fallacies that you prefer, or do you just stick with special pleading and ad-hominem attacks?

Obviously, you are not very interested. If you were, you would go out and do your own investigating.

Smiley

Then please don't post information you don't understand and for which you cannot provide proof.

The fun and interesting part about this thread is conversation and discussion, but you just want to monolog.

First, I haven't done any ad-hominem regarding you. You have done them to yourself by expressing that you are ignorant when you are not. I am simply repeating them a little more directly. So, I am not attacking. I am simply pointing out your own self-attacks.

Why do you post information that tears down understanding and knowledge? As I have said, I say again.
Science proves the existence of God.
Science proves the non-existence of fundamental evolution.
Science is mixed with fiction which is called theory in science.

All you need to do is investigate these, and you will see that they are the truth.

Of course, why should I be surprised that there are people ho are spreading lies like you are? Such people have been around almost from the beginning.

Smiley

Stop calling people ignorant just because they have different belief system than you do. It's just rude!
"Science proves the existence of God." Dude! If that's true - and by proving meaning that you actually have scientific proof that can be demonstrated and repeated then I'll shut up.
Also stop calling people liars. Prove that they're lying, don't just throw ugly words just because you don't agree.

So you admit that science is a belief system for you. Since it is a belief system, it is your religion.

It isn't my fault that you can't apply the combination of cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy to see that they prove God.

You presume to give me orders? Especially when you can't even see the proofs for God all around you? Perhaps you would better serve yourself if you went back to thinking school.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:35:49 PM

But I do have faith my dear gentlemen - faith in science. That is still faith is it not?
1. it's gonna get dark
5. and finally, again, you'll continue to ignore our point if view and insist that you're the only one that is right and all uf us are wrong.

Man... You're extremely agressive. Where did I say you were wrong? I never said so! I never even just condemned you! I just say that I can have my faith and still be a reasonable logical an rather intelligent person understanding science too!

And you don't have faith in science, that's the main principle of science you don't have to have faith in it as it proves things...

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:36:43 PM

Until science discovers and proves that nothing is magical. Just because it wasn't explained until now it doesn't mean it's magic. It just means that at the moment we don't understand it.
Imagine showing our world to a person that lived 100 years ago. He'd be dizzy in a moment and maybe couldn't understand or adapt his whole entire life.
Just as a exercise for your mind: think about yourself being born in 1901, and slowly get closer to our times: how many wonderful are really incredible discoveries have been made? It's astonishing!

Why? Well just simply because in science 0+0 is always 0. If we manage one day to explain the creation of the world "scientifically" it will be by a new way to consider the world which will be as different from current science as from religion.

And again science and religion are not opposed! I see no reason to give up one or another. I'm an engineer and I still have the faith! I know by heart the Maxwell's equations but that also makes me even more aware of what science has still not explained and might never explain!  Cheesy

Science is sometimes very disruptive. You claim you're an engineer then you probably know that the quantum revolution created a new part of science that couldn't have been even imagined before. If we discover dark matter for example maybe it'll lead us to something totally incredible that might even explain the universe!

And that's a complex explanation. I only tried to stay simple with people from let's  say a century ago imagining a plane.
Faith is good, and people can believe whatever they want, just don't try co convince people that have evidence, to believe things of which you only have a book written by a bunch o guys to stand your words on.

Even, I tried to explain why I think faith is good but why atheists shouldn't be condemned for not having faith, so you can't say i'm trying to convince you ^^
Finally a reasonable man. You keep you faith. We'll gonna keep science. Hope it'll be well in the end for all of us. Just stop trying to force your religion on us. Yeah BADecker - I'm talking to you.

As I said I think you can have both, science and faith, I don't see why I shouldn't understand how the universe works to be able to have the faith to believe in God! You can have both  Cheesy
1. it's gonna get dark

Except that you know none of these things for a fact. You just think you do. The example is that you have been unexpectedly wrong at times in your life. Thank God that He keeps the universe reasonably stable for you that many of the things you predict based on experience actually happen.

A lot of people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki knew exactly what was going to happen to them in the next minute. Then suddenly they were simply gone, in a second.

Smiley

eon89

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:37:52 PM

1. it's gonna get dark

Man... You're extremely agressive. Where did I say you were wrong? I never said so! I never even just condemned you! I just say that I can have my faith and still be a reasonable logical an rather intelligent person understanding science too!

And you don't have faith in science, that's the main principle of science you don't have to have faith in it as it proves things...

Dude I was talking to BadDecker. I as agreeing with you.
Also BadDecker - it might interest you that I studied theology for 5 years. If that, somehow, entitles me to have an opinion, in front of you. Even if that opinion is different of yours.

valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:38:54 PM

1. it's gonna get dark

Also BadDecker - it might interest you that I studied theology for 5 years. If that, somehow, entitles me to have an opinion, in front of you. Even if that opinion is different of yours.

Oh. Well you were quoting me last, but no problem it's a rather hot debate with lots of people talking ^^

And the cola idea was a good one. Gonna take one too!

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
eon89

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:39:15 PM

1. it's gonna get dark

Except that you know none of these things for a fact. You just think you do. The example is that you have been unexpectedly wrong at times in your life. Thank God that He keeps the universe reasonably stable for you that many of the things you predict based on experience actually happen.

A lot of people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki knew exactly what was going to happen to them in the next minute. Then suddenly they were simply gone, in a second.

Smiley
This is pointless.
I'm feeling like don quijote. I'm done.
You make me feel sad and tired.

eon89

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:40:48 PM

1. it's gonna get dark

Oh. Well you were quoting me last, but no problem it's a rather hot debate with lots of people talking ^^

And the cola idea was a good one. Gonna take one too!
Sorry man. Must have pressed the wrong quote button. And I wasn't trying to be aggressive Maybe I seem like that when I really get involved in a discussion.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:41:38 PM

Call me mad but I believe there is a god around us. I just don't think the evolution is questionable, why can't we have both? Lots of scientists were also very religious people.

Faith and science are not incompatible.  Smiley

They're different domains. Of course you can have faith and be a scientist, but trying to use one to prove the other is like trying to use maths to prove art -- it completely misses the point.

Since we all live using probability (we do it because we don't know what will happen even a second from now) we all live on faith, not science. And the science of probability proves it. What's more, since Quantum Mechanics is simply complex probability, even QM proves our faith.

Shocked

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:44:08 PM

And again science and religion are not opposed! I see no reason to give up one or another. I'm an engineer and I still have the faith! I know by heart the Maxwell's equations but that also makes me even more aware of what science has still not explained and might never explain!  Cheesy

And that's a complex explanation. I only tried to stay simple with people from let's  say a century ago imagining a plane.

I never tried to do so  Smiley

As I said I think you can have both, science and faith, I don't see why I shouldn't understand how the universe works to be able to have the faith to believe in God! You can have both  Cheesy
1. it's gonna get dark

Smiley
This is pointless.

You should feel sad and tired... sad that you don't really have any control over your life... and tired, caused by believing two contradicting sets of data.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:46:48 PM

Call me mad but I believe there is a god around us. I just don't think the evolution is questionable, why can't we have both? Lots of scientists were also very religious people.

Faith and science are not incompatible.  Smiley

They're different domains. Of course you can have faith and be a scientist, but trying to use one to prove the other is like trying to use maths to prove art -- it completely misses the point.

Good analogy. And it's right that religion is a question of faith.
You can't prove the existence of God, if you could then it wouldn't be God.

You can't prove His existence otherwise He couldn't test our faith.

The fact that you can prove God exists is a test of your faith right there. Now that you know God exists, are you going to keep on stubbornly trying to be faithful to the notion that God doesn't exist?

Smiley

eon89

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:48:01 PM

1. it's gonna get dark

Smiley
This is pointless.

You should feel sad and tired... sad that you don't really have any control over your life... and tired, caused by believing two sets of contradicting data.

Smiley
I'm sad that other people are stupid.
And I'm tired because talking to you is like talking to a rock.
But thank you for telling me that I deserve it.
Great encouragement from a Christian. Never expected anything less.
I'm already energized again.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:50:42 PM

1. it's gonna get dark

Smiley
This is pointless.

You should feel sad and tired... sad that you don't really have any control over your life... and tired, caused by believing two sets of contradicting data.

Smiley

Jesus is the rock.
I am founded on Jesus.
Of course talking to me is like talking to a rock...
You can't move the foundation of the universe, the Rock, Jesus Christ.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:55:08 PM

Hello fellow scientist! I don't think science and "never" can coexist together.
In time science will explain everything. I wonder when religious nuts will give up their misleading notions and accept reality.

Science already has explained God. But presumptuous people don't want to accept the scientific explanation.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 03:56:50 PM

<snip>

And suddenly there appears elgeo, another joker who can barely think, but learned how to type very well.

Cheesy

But why think when we can believe?
Isn't that what you are all about?

Why do yo ask something so silly? In order to believe in something, you have to think about what it is that you want to believe in.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:02:24 PM

1. it's gonna get dark

Nobody is attempting to take your opinion away from you. But if they were, even brainwashing would only dim it for a time.

Wake up and study science and see that there is basis within science for theology, just as there is basis in theology for science.

Smiley

eon89

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:05:07 PM

1. it's gonna get dark

Smiley
This is pointless.

Smiley

Jesus is the rock.
I am founded on Jesus.
Of course talking to me is like talking to a rock...
You can't move the foundation of the universe, the Rock, Jesus Christ.

Smiley

Yeah, ok. You're the rock. Fine. Whatever. Don't you have some kids' movies to go to?

eon89

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:07:23 PM

1. it's gonna get dark

Nobody is attempting to take your opinion away from you. But if they were, even brainwashing would only dim it for a time.

Wake up and study science and see that there is basis within science for theology, just as there is basis in theology for science.

Smiley
Let me tell you something, as a theology major, that is: theology is nonsense. And I can and am allowed to say that because mine is an informed opinion. I'm not just talking out of my ass. And after 5 years my opinion (doesn't have to be yours too) is that it's just a bunch of hooey. How easy it is to make nonsense up, make people believe it, and then live out of people's ignorance. It's genius!

Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: