Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:41:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901258 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1368

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:52:09 AM

Actually, the Christian religion is virtually the ONLY religion that has God saving people through the sacrifice of His Son. Virtually all other religions have people saving themselves by what they do, even if that salvation is only for this life. 

Smiley

I'm talking about the main message. Obviously the minor details are going to be different. In almost every religion, it would tell you do be good and in the end, you will reach salvation if you 'followed the rules' in this life.

Are you implying that eternal salvation or damnation is a minor detail?

Smiley

If you think that's what I was implying, you obviously need to reread my post. In almost every religion, there is salvation or damnation... you can't deny that. Christianity isn't the only special one that offers such promises.

Okay. We can get mixed up on words a little once in a while. Christianity is the only religion where salvation itself is given by God as a simple and pure gift, if the person accepts it. All other religions that offer salvation have the individual working for it a bit at least.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Uses

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:56:20 AM

Okay. We can get mixed up on words a little once in a while. Christianity is the only religion where salvation itself is given by God as a simple and pure gift, if the person accepts it. All other religions that offer salvation have the individual working for it a bit at least.

Smiley

I find that to be a flaw. A murder, rapist, or mass killer could be a Christian. After killing thousands of people, he/she should still be granted access to heaven where everything is great?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:00:22 AM

Smiley

I find that to be a flaw. A murder, rapist, or mass killer could be a Christian. After killing thousands of people, he/she should still be granted access to heaven where everything is great?

There is rumor, and strong evidence here and there, that Hitler made it to Argentina after WWII, and died there in his 90s.

If Hitler turned to Jesus in repentance for his crimes, and accepted that God would forgive him because of the sacrifice Jesus did on the cross, even Hitler would be saved.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:02:03 AM

Smiley

All sin is as detestable as another. There will be no speck of evil in Heaven, and that means we must be 100% clear of sin, and no one is. That means everyone on earth needs Jesus to wash away the sin. It's not a matter of being less dirty than others, it's about being 100% clean.
Uses

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:03:01 AM

Smiley

There is rumor, and strong evidence here and there, that Hitler made it to Argentina after WWII, and died there in his 90s.

If Hitler turned to Jesus in repentance for his crimes, and accepted that God would forgive him because of the sacrifice Jesus did on the cross, even Hitler would be saved.

Smiley

Which is obviously a flaw. People like that should not be saved just because he believes in the sacrifice of Jesus. If you believe that Hitler should belong in heaven, then I don't know why I'm even having this conversation with you.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:07:11 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Which is obviously a flaw. People like that should not be saved just because he believes in the sacrifice of Jesus. If you believe that Hitler should belong in heaven, then I don't know why I'm even having this conversation with you.

The Lord created all of humanity. He loves us all beyond anything we can imagine. The best example is a parent loving his or her child, but it's so far beyond that. He made us in the womb. Psalm 139:13

He wants EVERYONE saved, because He loves us so much. That's why Jesus dying on the cross is such a big deal. He died so anyone can be saved from death. Plus Hitler was demonically oppressed. And though he did what he did (and shouldn't have), he was certainly egged on and led down the wrong path.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:09:45 AM

Smiley

Smiley

I don't have a clue about Hitler. I was using him as an "if" example.

Nobody can save himself. If somebody could, he would start by living for a few hundred years. Are we aware of anyone who is alive and at least 200-years-old? No! If there are any, they are not telling. Most of us die, it seems, before 100.

The point is, nobody can save himself. We need someone or something to do it for us, or we are lost.

Smiley

Uses

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:10:41 AM

Smiley

Smiley

The Lord created all of humanity. He loves us all beyond anything we can imagine. The best example is a parent loving his or her child, but it's so far beyond that. He made us in the womb. Psalm 139:13

He wants EVERYONE saved, because He loves us so much. That's why Jesus dying on the cross is such a big deal. He died so anyone can be saved from death. Plus Hitler was demonically oppressed. And though he did what he did (and shouldn't have), he was certainly egged on and led down the wrong path.
I understand the whole concept. Believe me I do. I just think it's not a very good one and why other religions have it better. If a person knows that killing is a sin and continues to do it UNDER the name of God. Then I'm not sure why he should be let into God's heaven.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:14:40 AM

Smiley

Smiley

I understand the whole concept. Believe me I do. I just think it's not a very good one and why other religions have it better. If a person knows that killing is a sin and continues to do it UNDER the name of God. Then I'm not sure why he should be let into God's heaven.

Part of that answer is that God requires perfection. Simply the fact of our impure genetics damns us all.

Smiley

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:15:41 AM

Smiley

Smiley

If he continued to kill, he would not be Christian. Once you get born again, you'd ask to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and it would change your heart of stone, to a flesh heart, figuratively. You would then, be convicted (have a conscience) telling you it's wrong, and would either follow Jesus's teachings and start getting away from all sin, or fall away and not be Christian (saved) anymore. Those who fall away from the teachings can continue to call themselves Christian and sin, but Jesus will not save them.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Uses

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:18:49 AM

Smiley

Smiley

If he continued to kill, he would not be Christian. Once you get born again, you'd ask to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and it would change your heart of stone, to a flesh heart, figuratively. You would then, be convicted (have a conscience) telling you it's wrong, and would either follow Jesus's teachings and start getting away from all sin, or fall away and not be Christian (saved) anymore. Those who fall away from the teachings can continue to call themselves Christian and sin, but Jesus will not save them.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

From what you've said though, he can kill as much as he wants. But if he wholeheartedly believes that the lord is the true savior, then he will be saved.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:21:29 AM

Smiley

Smiley

From what you've said though, he can kill as much as he wants. But if he wholeheartedly believes that the lord is the true savior, then he will be saved.

That's not true, as the passage says. Christianity says you need Jesus as your Lord and Savior. He saved us, through believing in Him and His sacrifice, but He's also our Lord, and we want to do His will. If you only believe and don't have follow His teachings, you aren't saved.

I think we're on a thin line that may be confusing to you.

1) No one saved can continue to sin all the time (like continuing to murder people) when they know it's wrong and aren't even trying to do better, just to ask forgiveness later.

2) People who are saved will continue to slip up and sin, though they're trying regularly to walk in Lord's ways, and they would be saved.
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:22:44 AM

That's BADecker's point. Christianity teaches salvation by grace, not by works and it's not a minor difference, it's the main message.

It is wishful thinking to "sit around" and be saved just by your "belief", which is really nothing at all; it is not like you are actually using that belief to "meditate upon God's law day and night" in order to be blessed (Psalms 1).

Plus, it is not Biblical. "It is never mere lack of belief in Jesus (as that is usually understood today) that he said would cause a person to go to hell. Merely believing, or not believing, in Jesus is not sufficient to save or damn a person, as many passages show."

In Matthew and Luke, "Jesus does not say that these cities would be brought down to Hades because they didn't believe in him. Instead, he says that this would happen because they didn't repent."

Now, even BADecker has told me that I must turn my life around according to what Jesus tells me; however, this sounds to me like another way of saying that one does have to obey God's Law and make effort towards that end after all! Is it not said "All have fallen short of God's glory"?

God is all-forgiving mercy, and he resides within YOU; thus, you will EARN your spiritual unity by standing responsible for obeying the laws of God, not by some "belief" that tricks you into thinking that someone else has taken responsibility for YOU.

I have asked and asked and asked, and neither MMH nor BADecker have anything to say in response to the intelligent Christians who have posted their answers to this question on SE, nor do these two care to answer my questions about how a "savior" is magical thinking, or to contradict my notion that it is not the BEING of Jesus that has any merit, but rather his Oneness with God:

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/15353/did-jesus-actually-ever-say-if-you-dont-believe-in-me-you-go-to-hell
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:25:30 AM

That's BADecker's point. Christianity teaches salvation by grace, not by works and it's not a minor difference, it's the main message.

It is wishful thinking to "sit around" and be saved just by your "belief", which is really nothing at all; it is not like you are actually using that belief to "meditate upon God's law day and night" in order to be blessed (Psalms 1).

Plus, it is not Biblical. "It is never mere lack of belief in Jesus (as that is usually understood today) that he said would cause a person to go to hell. Merely believing, or not believing, in Jesus is not sufficient to save or damn a person, as many passages show."

"In Matthew and Luke, Jesus does not say that these cities would be brought down to Hades because they didn't believe in him. Instead, he says that this would happen because they didn't repent."

Now, even BADecker has told me that I must turn my life around according to what Jesus tells me; however, this sounds to me like another way of saying that one does have to obey God's Law and make effort towards that end after all! Is it not said "All have fallen short of God's glory"?

God is all-forgiving mercy, and he resides within YOU; thus, you will EARN your spiritual unity by standing responsible for obeying the laws of God, not by some "belief" that tricks you into thinking that someone else has taken responsibility for YOU.

I have asked and asked and asked, and neither MMH nor BADecker have anything to say in response to the intelligent Christians who have posted their answers to this question on SE, nor do these two care to answer my questions about how a "savior" is magical thinking, or to contradict my notion that it is not the BEING of Jesus that has any merit, but rather his Oneness with God:

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/15353/did-jesus-actually-ever-say-if-you-dont-believe-in-me-you-go-to-hell

I'm not going to waste my time arguing about someone who takes their religious teachings from an "alien". I don't agree with you. Jesus saves us, and demons have to bow down to Him. We are not a god. Your teachings are not Christian.
Uses

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:28:15 AM

Smiley

Smiley

That's not true, as the passage says. Christianity says you need Jesus as your Lord and Savior. He saved us, through believing in Him and His sacrifice, but He's also our Lord, and we want to do His will. If you only believe and don't have follow His teachings, you aren't saved.

1) No one saved can continue to sin all the time (like continuing to murder people) when they know it's wrong just to ask forgiveness later.

2) People who are saved will continue to slip up and sin, though they're trying regularly to walk in Lord's ways, and they would be saved.

Now read through all these quoted messages and you will find out that you're only contradicting yourself.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:29:22 AM

Smiley

Smiley

1) No one saved can continue to sin all the time (like continuing to murder people) when they know it's wrong just to ask forgiveness later.

Now read through all these quoted messages and you will find out that you're only contradicting yourself.

Please show me the contradictions, and I'll clarify.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:29:54 AM

Smiley

Smiley

Technically, this is true. But if he keeps on sinning and repenting, he eventually shows that his faith is false. He shows it to himself, and then he has no more faith. Then he is lost.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:34:23 AM

In Matthew and Luke, "Jesus does not say that these cities would be brought down to Hades because they didn't believe in him. Instead, he says that this would happen because they didn't repent."

You MUST turn your life around to be saved. The more you try, the more you find that you can't do it 100% as is required. Meditating on the law shows you that you can't keep the law. Even if you could, you won't. Since you don't keep the law, you are damned. The next step is to find the way to be saved, the gift of God through faith in Jesus Christ His son.

Smiley

1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:39:48 AM

I'm not going to waste my time arguing about someone who takes their religious teachings from an "alien". I don't agree with you.
You would rather take your teachings from Man's book than from the Master Christos?
You think that it is impossible for Christ to teach through a scribe in this day and age?

I am posting the answers of educated Christians who have no awareness of Hatonn and Sananda, surely you should have a lot in common with them, and you should be able to correct their errors if there is disagreement; when I quote someone in this post, it is one of those who answered that question on SE; no need to attack my beliefs when these are representative of educated Christians:

Jesus saves us,
Where did he say that?
"Jesus does not say that the kingdom of God is external to you or that it is a destination that one reaches only after physical death, but that it is within you--present in this very life at this very moment. Perhaps, then, it would be wise to consider that both "heaven" and "hell" as they are traditionally conceived (as eternal, external states of being) are, in actuality, inner states of mind or soul that are generated by actions in this life."

In this light, let’s consider the beginning of the Gospel of Thomas:

“Jesus said, If your leaders say to you, ‘Behold, the kingdom is in the sky,’ then the birds in the sky will get there before you. If they say to you, ‘It is in the sea,’ then the fish will get there before you. Rather, the kingdom is inside you and outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and embody poverty” (Saying 3).

and demons have to bow down to Him.
We do not disagree; the darkness hates the light, there is no doubt; however, consider the words of that one who incarnated as Emmanuel:

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?' Then I will declare to them solemnly, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.'" (Matthew 7: 17-23)
AND:
"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it." (John 14:8-14)

"Notice that Jesus does not say anything here about those who do not believe in him, but only about what will happen for those who do believe in him. Clearly, belief in him brings great benefits of light and power and access to the Father, meaning God.

But Jesus simply does not say here that those who do not believe in him will go to hell.

Rather, he says that he is the only way to the Father. It is an assumption and an interpretation that this means that the pathway he provides to the Father is available only to those who believe in him.

To use a rather prosaic example, if I drive on a road that goes to Denver, it is not necessary for me to believe in the governmental entity that built and maintains that road, or even to have any idea at all about who built the road. It is sufficient for me to drive on the road, and I'll get to Denver.

Similarly, if the Son has provided a pathway to the Father, that doesn't necessarily require that we intellectually believe in the Son; only that we travel the path that the Son has provided.

We are not a god.
God resides within you; Emmanuel said it.

Your teachings are not Christian.
Emmanuel did not say "God resides within you"?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 03:44:33 AM

I'm not going to waste my time arguing about someone who takes their religious teachings from an "alien". I don't agree with you.
You would rather take your teachings from Man's book than from the Master Christos?
You think that it is impossible for Christ to teach through a scribe in this day and age?

Why did you stop using the account bl4kjaguar?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: