Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:29:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901257 times)
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 12:59:04 AM

Religion is to control people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 12:59:20 AM

Tithing.

Sorry, 10% plz.

RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 12:59:48 AM

Sabbath  / Sunday = unproductive days you could be doing the things your wife is nagging you about Mon-Fri....Sorry, it's for GOD.
PrikiNo.1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:22:31 PM

I will say: Why atheists don't know the difference between the religion and spirituality?

What is written in the ancient sacred text and what society want us to think is so different and so wrong! People like you (atheists) should blame the preachers, not the books! I know why you hate religion, because I hate it to, but the difference between religion and God is so different. Smiley

There is only one book in this world who is talking about the creation of the world like nature, animals and humans, creation of the nations and countries and creation of the relationships between you and your people around you... The Bible. The first and the oldest book that is ever written since the first humans first emerges.  This book is not just verified bu our modern science, but also is the most researched book that ever exist.

Every person who read, understand and start to practice the Bible will know the difference between good, bad and relativity. If you think that Islam or Hinduism are other religion that they should exist, then look up in the Bible and see what will happen with this two groups of ''religion''.

The true christian will know the meaning of the word christian, the meaning of the name Christ and will deciphers the meaning of the Revelation (the last book of John in the New Testament). Wink

And, yet, if there happened to be nothing wrong with a particular religion, would religion be needed to tell others about God, Jesus and salvation? Personally, I think that true and right religion would be needed to send out missionaries to preach the Word of God, the Bible.

There are other non-Biblical books and scrolls that were written before the Bible was compiled. There are only a few places in the Bible that may have been taken from writings going back to the time of the Creation - the first two chapters in Genesis.

The only complete book of the Bible that is possibly older that the writings of Moses (the first 5 books of the Bible) is Job. The writings of Moses may contain the oldest writings, even though the vast majority of his stuff was written over 40 years in the mid 1500s BC.

In the spirit of providing a possible look, see http://www.bibleodyssey.org/tools/bible-basics/what-are-the-earliest-versions-and-translations-of-the-bible.aspx. The traditions of the Jews suggest that the best Old Testament (Tanakh) is the one we have today.

Smiley

Yeah, your right! The preacher are those who should tech us about the word of God, but do they?

During my research I found that the preachers are those who change the way of how should people look at the Bible. Do you know that 90% people who go in to the church, they never heard about the Bible?

Let's talk about the Matrix now. What do you think, how the the people create this huge system for massive control of the people!? They have read the Bible and change some things in politic system so they can teach people that the true government is chosen by God!

Now about the documents and facts... If you really want to be sure that you holding the document and the fact in your hands, then you must compare them. What I mean is... The first, the oldest and original story of the Bible come from ancient Sumeria. The books of the Bible was found on 22 000 stone tablets who are according to new research are older then 14 000 b.c.e.

You can check that fact if you like! Smiley

If you are talking about 90% of Christian churches, you are wrong. However, there are many faulty preachers, and all people make mistakes at times, even preachers.

Are you under Matrix control when you talk about others controlling people? Do they control you? People who believe in God of the Bible live in peace, even though their controllers do not. Then the controllers die and will face judgment at the resurrection.

There is no documented history beyond about 4,500 to 5,000 years ago. Nobody knows about history beyond that. Carbon dating is not accurate and cannot be trusted. The only thing you are trusting when you believe things like 14,000 BC is the delusions of other people. So, you have faith in things that are suppositions. Why not believe the eye-witness reports of the Bible?

I check facts daily. I check the Bible where the facts exist.

Smiley

You definitely didn't understand me... Okay, I will give some short review about one movie (The Matrix) and then I would love to read you words again:

- In the first part of the movie, the scene where Morpheus talk with Neo for the first time, the next scene is when someone is knocking on the door. When Neo open the door he will notice the White Rabbit tattoo on the girl's shoulder or the wormhole where he will enter after he swallow the red pill. The second detail is when Morpheus shows Neo what is The Matrix or what is The Material World, where you can see but you can't really feel that. The third detail is when he shows the name of the ship. Do you remember what was written before the name? It's written: MARK 3, No. 11 - Gospel of Mark, chapter 3, verse 11! - According to that verse in the Bible, Neo is a metaphor of Christ consciousness. The fourth detail is when Neo goes to the Oracle... She told him: Being The One is like your in love! Did he believe in that? The fifth detail, who is Trinity or should I ask what is behind the name? = The Holy Trinity; The Symbol of Love! Did they fall in love each other? The sixth detail is agent Smith. The superhuman robot, who want to enter in Zion and destroy the city. Seventh detail, the name of the city: Zion or as you can see in the Old Testament, Zion is the Holy Mountain or Holy City!

- In the second part, after a lot of fight in the movie, Neo finally enter in the building and meet the Architect of the Matrix. Do you remember what he told to Neo in that conversation..? That hi is the sixth version of The One who enter in this room, but unlike the others he is different, and you know why? Because he fell in love and he can fell that for the first time. That's why he save Trinity and Zion in the same time!

- In the third part, is the final battle! Agent Smith try to enter Zion and become like them, Enlightened! But Neo and Trinity sacrifice their lives to destroy The Humans/Machines World, end the war and restore the balance on earth!

Symbolism is a great and wonderful thing. The Bible is full of symbolism.

The Matrix and Yoga probably have lots of symbolism in them. But they don't have the one thing necessary for salvation.

Unlike Yoga and The Matrix, the Bible has direct information right along with the symbolism.

Enjoy The Matrix. Build some of your physical and mental prowess with Yoga. But go to the Bible for eternal life.

Smiley

Mate, you are very interesting person... Smiley

You are talking and defending the Bible and that's good, because I am on your side about that opinion, but when someone try to give you expanded view of the things, you don't like to hear it! Smiley

Yoga is not related with any other religion, but what is trying to say is that every person if He believe, can do miracles. That's are the same words of Christ and He was the one who shows those miracles! Let me remind you of some verse on the New Testament: ''If you truly believe that this mountain can be moved, then you are able to do that!''

Try to see the background in these verse. He talking about quantum physics, but nobody was able to understand Him, that's why he speak in parabolas! Even Albert Einstein wasn't able to completely understand the theory of relativity and that's why he sad: When mankind understand the consciousness, it will be able to practice my theory! Wink
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:01:37 PM

The Matrix and Yoga probably have lots of symbolism in them. But they don't have the one thing necessary for salvation.

Unlike Yoga and The Matrix, the Bible has direct information right along with the symbolism.

Enjoy The Matrix. Build some of your physical and mental prowess with Yoga. But go to the Bible for eternal life.

Smiley

You are talking and defending the Bible and that's good, because I am on your side about that opinion, but when someone try to give you expanded view of the things, you don't like to hear it! Smiley

Yoga is not related with any other religion, but what is trying to say is that every person if He believe, can do miracles. That's are the same words of Christ and He was the one who shows those miracles! Let me remind you of some verse on the New Testament: ''If you truly believe that this mountain can be moved, then you are able to do that!''

Try to see the background in these verse. He talking about quantum physics, but nobody was able to understand Him, that's why he speak in parabolas! Even Albert Einstein wasn't able to completely understand the theory of relativity and that's why he sad: When mankind understand the consciousness, it will be able to practice my theory! Wink

I suppose that I should have said what I meant, clearly, in my above post. But I didn't.

The ability for everyone to do miracles is only available for all people, because Jesus took onto Himself and paid for the sins of the whole world when He died on the cross. When He arose from the grave, He showed that He had the strength to do this, thereby conquering the devil who was the author of sin and everything evil.

My point is this. If a person will not accept Jesus salvation, they will lose their life in Hell, even though they do a million miracles in this life.

Yoga? If Yoga doesn't teach about Jesus salvation directly, then Yoga is only a good (possibly) training for the hundred years we live in this life.

Be saved. Dig the salvation info out from the only place that has it, the Bible.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
PrikiNo.1

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 02:20:29 PM

Smiley

I suppose that I should have said what I meant, clearly, in my above post. But I didn't.

The ability for everyone to do miracles is only available for all people, because Jesus took onto Himself and paid for the sins of the whole world when He died on the cross. When He arose from the grave, He showed that He had the strength to do this, thereby conquering the devil who was the author of sin and everything evil.

My point is this. If a person will not accept Jesus salvation, they will lose their life in Hell, even though they do a million miracles in this life.

Yoga? If Yoga doesn't teach about Jesus salvation directly, then Yoga is only a good (possibly) training for the hundred years we live in this life.

Be saved. Dig the salvation info out from the only place that has it, the Bible.

Smiley

Before I continue with our discussions, I wan to remind you something...

Can you notice that after we start our hot debate about what is spirituality, Bible and Yoga that most of the people here don't join our posts? Cheesy

I suggest you to open a new thread with a questions and answers about what are we talking here. I am sure that it will be very popular thread, what do you think? Smiley
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 03:38:28 PM

Before I continue with our discussions, I wan to remind you something...

Can you notice that after we start our hot debate about what is spirituality, Bible and Yoga that most of the people here don't join our posts? Cheesy

I suggest you to open a new thread with a questions and answers about what are we talking here. I am sure that it will be very popular thread, what do you think? Smiley

I hadn't noticed that we were debating. Let's debate about whether or not we were debating.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:56:29 AM

Smiley

He didnt choose to die on the cross for our sins and if the Romans had chosen to leave him alone or alive for that matter then Christianity would be relatively different but most likely not much.

Also when it comes to his strength to conquer the devil..... well, this was not the point I think anyone should be making. Jesus didnt really need strength against the devil and this is proven in Matthew 4:1-10, amongst other places.

You also mention that the devil is the author of sin and everything evil but this is a weird way to perpetuate a person. First, to claim he is responsible for everything evil is a stretch, after all free will would mean absolutely nothing if we were able to put every amount of blame on one entity instead of being responsible for ourselves. This would also make judgments moot if every amount of evil was just passed by and labeled as the result of the devil.

With all of that said and based on your first statement it wouldn't matter if anyone accepted the salvation of Jesus because everyone would A-Ok and allowed in as the evils was not from their hand alone but rather the result of some evil entity, the same evil entity responsible for everything evil.

Lastly, it seems you are taking the fear of god approach which would mean that we only pray for selfish means to appease a God rather than doing because we feel it is right. God never intended hell as a place for humans to go and in fact would never wish the evil on anyone because he himself would be considered evil. Man is responsible for sending himself to hell. Man must choose that path.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:28:33 AM

Smiley

He didnt choose to die on the cross for our sins and if the Romans had chosen to leave him alone or alive for that matter then Christianity would be relatively different but most likely not much.
His Father chose the cross for Him. He agreed with it.

If you dig through the Gospels in the Bible, you will find many places where it says, "but his time had not yet come." In other words, there were many times when things would not have worked out according to the Father's plan to save us. So, God didn't allow them to be carried forward... not until everything was just right so that it would be carried out according to God's plan, which Jesus agreed with.

Also when it comes to his strength to conquer the devil..... well, this was not the point I think anyone should be making. Jesus didnt really need strength against the devil and this is proven in Matthew 4:1-10, amongst other places.
What do you mean? The point is, Jesus HAD strength to overcome the devil. The fact that He showed it through the miracles that he did in the sight of people, simply proved it to them.

You also mention that the devil is the author of sin and everything evil but this is a weird way to perpetuate a person. First, to claim he is responsible for everything evil is a stretch, after all free will would mean absolutely nothing if we were able to put every amount of blame on one entity instead of being responsible for ourselves. This would also make judgments moot if every amount of evil was just passed by and labeled as the result of the devil.
At the same time, do you think that mankind who was made in the image of God is smart enough to invent methods for doing evil without guidance from the devil?

Wherein does free will lie. Cause and effect shows that we don't have any free will, even though we feel like we do. We feel this way because even the feeling is not a free will thing.

The Bible expresses that we have free will, so we do. But wherein does the free will lie? It isn't in the everyday decisions that we make in life. It is in some little tiny thing. What is this little tiny thing that all our free will hinges on?

With all of that said and based on your first statement it wouldn't matter if anyone accepted the salvation of Jesus because everyone would A-Ok and allowed in as the evils was not from their hand alone but rather the result of some evil entity, the same evil entity responsible for everything evil.
I know, I know. The devil made me do it. However, we willingly accepted the devil's design for us to do evil, through Adam and Eve voluntarily sinning when they could have rejected the devil. If nothing else, it is in our genes.

Lastly, it seems you are taking the fear of god approach which would mean that we only pray for selfish means to appease a God rather than doing because we feel it is right. God never intended hell as a place for humans to go and in fact would never wish the evil on anyone because he himself would be considered evil. Man is responsible for sending himself to hell. Man must choose that path.

Fear of God is something strongly suggested for us to have throughout the Old Testament.

When you realize that man is responsible for setting up the direction that he will go, but that God is responsible for listening to mans' request and then sending him to Hell as man asked, you might start to see how complex the fear of God is.

Smiley

PrikiNo.1

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:27:18 PM

Smiley

That is the point mate, bravo!

There isn't such a thing as Hell or Paradise. If you carefully read the New Testament you will understand that God use the words Hell and Paradise to explain what did humans did on Earth. In the Revelation of John, John is telling us the story about the fight between Archangel Michael - Seraphim and the Satan. As you can see, Lucifer was banish from the Heaven down to Earth so He can never came back. God first banish us (the humans) and then the Satan.!

We was having that chance to live in the Paradise here, but when we taste from the Tree of Knowledge we loose our minds and start to killing each other. That's why God banish us from Haven down to Earth. At the same time he banish the Satan who lose the fight against the Seraphim.

He can destroy us at any time, but He gave us chance to live with the Devil so we can start to learn what is difference between good and bad. That is the path to the Enlightenment!

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 02:42:03 PM

Did we gas all theists yet? No? Wake me when there's no more theists, I'm going back into cryofugue.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:06:47 PM

John 15:18-19 ESV:   

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

Matthew 10:22 ESV:

"And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved."

1 John 3:13 ESV:

"Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you."

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:49:41 PM

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

"And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved."

Great post. Yes, people who say they hate Christians are just fulfilling prophecy from the 2,000 year old book they dismiss as only being written by humans. If it was written by humans, why would the prophecies be coming true thousands of years later?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:38:31 PM

There isn't such a thing as Hell or Paradise. If you carefully read the New Testament you will understand that God use the words Hell and Paradise to explain what did humans did on Earth. In the Revelation of John, John is telling us the story about the fight between Archangel Michael - Seraphim and the Satan. As you can see, Lucifer was banish from the Heaven down to Earth so He can never came back. God first banish us (the humans) and then the Satan.!

We was having that chance to live in the Paradise here, but when we taste from the Tree of Knowledge we loose our minds and start to killing each other. That's why God banish us from Haven down to Earth. At the same time he banish the Satan who lose the fight against the Seraphim.

He can destroy us at any time, but He gave us chance to live with the Devil so we can start to learn what is difference between good and bad. That is the path to the Enlightenment!

I am glad you replied to sorryforthat the way you did. Personally I believe that the Bible clearly speaks about a real Heaven and Hell existing outside of this earthly life. Our life here, since the fall into sin, is more like the Purgatory of the Roman Catholic Church.

The speaking in the Revelation about the New Heavens and the New Earth is a clearer explanation of Heaven. It is a new universe that has different physical laws than this one - a different physics and science.

The Lake of Fire in the Revelation is a smelting pot that melts the eternal soul down into its component parts so that God gets His energy back. Since the soul is eternal, the tearing down of the soul is eternal as well. God can wait for eternity to be over, because He is outside, even, of eternity, although He is eternal at the same time.

Smiley

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:08:17 PM

Great post. Yes, people who say they hate Christians are just fulfilling prophecy from the 2,000 year old book they dismiss as only being written by humans. If it was written by humans, why would the prophecies be coming true thousands of years later?

Well said. The Bible is full of prophesies that have been fulfilled. Those that are yet to be fulfilled, for example the fulfillment of the Kingdom (new heaven, new earth and a final end to evil), will all be fulfilled as well.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:42:44 PM

Yes, people who say they hate Christians are just fulfilling prophecy from the 2,000 year old book they dismiss as only being written by humans.
For a biblical foreknowledge to be valid it must pass ALL these criteria:

1) It must be in the Bible.
2) It must be accurate.
3) It must be unambiguous.
4) It must be improbable.
5) It must have been unknown.

The prophecy you highlighted is false because it failed to satisfy #4.

If it was written by humans, why would the prophecies be coming true thousands of years later?
Well it was written by humans, obviously.  Huh

Prophecies coming true ehh? Mmmmm, suggest you read up on "postdiction".
Also "selective thinking" may explain why you are ignoring the mountain of predictive "prophecies" that completely and utterly failed. But hey, you just ignore that elephant in the room and focus on the unimportant tiny fly in the corner.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:31:00 PM

Yes, people who say they hate Christians are just fulfilling prophecy from the 2,000 year old book they dismiss as only being written by humans.
For a biblical foreknowledge to be valid it must pass ALL these criteria:

1) It must be in the Bible.
2) It must be accurate.
3) It must be unambiguous.
4) It must be improbable.
5) It must have been unknown.

The prophecy you highlighted is false because it failed to satisfy #4.

That's funny, because it had nothing to do with what I was talking about. That would be the accurate thing to say if I was saying you must believe the bible because they just fulfilled the prophecy seen here. But I was purely saying they're fulfilling what's written, which is absolutely true. I wasn't saying you have to believe the bible based on that one prophecy coming true alone.

If it was written by humans, why would the prophecies be coming true thousands of years later?
Well it was written by humans, obviously.  Huh

Prophecies coming true ehh? Mmmmm, suggest you read up on "postdiction".
Also "selective thinking" may explain why you are ignoring the mountain of predictive "prophecies" that completely and utterly failed. But hey, you just ignore that elephant in the room and focus on the unimportant tiny fly in the corner.

Only those with eyes will see the truth. If you look for truth you will find it, if you look for lies and contradictions and failed prophecies you will find those. I don't ignore anything, I have my eyes wide open. But those who read the bible looking for errors will certainly find them, and stop looking without questioning why those "Errors" may exist.

By the way, most contradictions in the bible are purely from people specifically translating it incorrectly on purpose to confuse people away form the truth.

I am glad you replied to sorryforthat the way you did. Personally I believe that the Bible clearly speaks about a real Heaven and Hell existing outside of this earthly life. Our life here, since the fall into sin, is more like the Purgatory of the Roman Catholic Church.

The speaking in the Revelation about the New Heavens and the New Earth is a clearer explanation of Heaven. It is a new universe that has different physical laws than this one - a different physics and science.

The Lake of Fire in the Revelation is a smelting pot that melts the eternal soul down into its component parts so that God gets His energy back. Since the soul is eternal, the tearing down of the soul is eternal as well. God can wait for eternity to be over, because He is outside, even, of eternity, although He is eternal at the same time.

Smiley

I don't agree. We don't have eternal life from the beginning, people won't be burning in hell forever and ever. We are given eternal life through Jesus, or why else would it say Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Our eternal life is a gift, it is not for everyone, but only for those who choose to accept it. The wages of sin are death, not burning forever and ever.
Xubu

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:36:20 PM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Because religious people want to brainwash atheïsts.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:10:10 PM

snip

Smiley

I don't agree. We don't have eternal life from the beginning, people won't be burning in hell forever and ever. We are given eternal life through Jesus, or why else would it say Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Our eternal life is a gift, it is not for everyone, but only for those who choose to accept it. The wages of sin are death, not burning forever and ever.

At the beginning there was no death. Death came with sin. Restoration to eternal life through Jesus' work on the cross is the free gift of God to all who will accept it. However, even the ability to accept has been opened up by Jesus' work on the cross.

Evidence of torment forever from Revelation 20:10 and Revelation 20:15:
10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

15 If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

However, I think that if we looked for it we could find other places that say more directly that the torment of those who are unsaved will be lasting forever... such as Matthew 25:31-46.

Smiley

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:16:10 PM

snip

Smiley

At the beginning there was no death. Death came with sin. Restoration to eternal life through Jesus' work on the cross is the free gift of God to all who will accept it. However, even the ability to accept has been opened up by Jesus' work on the cross.

Evidence of torment forever from Revelation 20:10 and Revelation 20:15:
10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

15 If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

However, I think that if we looked for it we could find other places that say more directly that the torment of those who are unsaved will be lasting forever... such as Matthew 25:31-46.

Smiley

Sodom and Gomorrah was said to burn forever and ever, and it's not burning.

Malachi 4:3 "You will tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing," says the LORD of hosts.

How can they be ashes if they are burning forever?

Revelation 21: 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

The lake of fire will be done away with, and there will be a new heaven, and new earth, and there will be no more pain. He is not going to torture people forever, they will be ashes under our feet.

The eternal bit is because they will be gone forever, not burning forever.

Hell - the Truth about Hell
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: