Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:10:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450415 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:33:46 PM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

It's a complicated issue. Guns probably shouldn't be as readily available as they are.
Guns should be more readily available than they are, and be posessed by everyone. Why? The gun is the equalizer. A puny 100lb woman can protect herself from a burly 250lb man with a gun.

You want government to have the guns? Governments are people. Why would you trust them since it is they that are taking your property and rights away. Besides, since they are people, let all the people have guns, not just the government people.

We have major problems with gun violence that other developed nations don't have.
But less problems than other nations would have if their populace had the same per capita number of guns.

But the NRA is absurdly powerful and lots of people feel incredibly strongly that guns should be allowed.It's a complicated issue.

It's a simple issue. Give all the people guns that want them, get rid of the cops, and you will have more peace than ever. Why? Because your average people fear guns. If guns were required, fear would turn into respect. Guns would almost never be needed or used if there was widespread gun ownership. And whatever usage there would be, would be fair and just.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
C10H15N

Activity: 858
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:33:02 AM

Guns should be banned forever. It should be implemented asap

Who would you trust with a gun to protect you and your family forever?  Your government?  The police?  The military?

Police can't protect you.  When seconds count the police are only minutes away.  They will get there just in time to fill out the crime scene report.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:04:48 AM

Who would you trust with a gun to protect you and your family forever?  Your government?  The police?  The military?

Police can't protect you.  When seconds count the police are only minutes away.  They will get there just in time to fill out the crime scene report.
Unfortunately, I'm hearing more frequently "an hour."
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 05:08:44 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 05:36:00 PM by criptix

Less weapons, better police and government  Huh

(The US can spend a trillion per year to defend the worlds democracy and freedom. Some billions for a better police and judical system shouldnt be that hard no?)

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
haseeb ahmed

Activity: 120
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 09:51:46 AM

guns are made for only one purpose and that purpose is to kill either human or animal.if we want to make our world peaceful again we should ban guns.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 09:56:31 AM

guns are made for only one purpose and that purpose is to kill either human or animal.if we want to make our world peaceful again we should ban guns.

^ Criminal safety propagandist BULLSHIT. If they were, then all GSWs would be instantly fatal with or without advanced medical care. Instead, most are survivable, and in a lot of cases, not requiring any advanced medical care at all!

Peaceful for only violent criminals, who require the most effective tool for self-defense, that equalizes the weakest innocent in society to the strongest evil, to be banned for their job safety!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:06:58 PM

^ Criminal safety propagandist BULLSHIT. If they were, then all GSWs would be instantly fatal with or without advanced medical care. Instead, most are survivable, and in a lot of cases, not requiring any advanced medical care at all!

Peaceful for only violent criminals, who require the most effective tool for self-defense, that equalizes the weakest innocent in society to the strongest evil, to be banned for their job safety!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOfEi6Qs--s
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:08:00 PM

I agree with the system control the use of weapons. it will make our lives as civilians become calmer. let them law enforcement officers who use weapons. we should be against the law and show that every citizen lives with safe and secure.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 05:13:53 PM

I agree with the system control the use of weapons. it will make our lives as civilians become calmer. let them law enforcement officers who use weapons. we should be against the law and show that every citizen lives with safe and secure.

In spite of the government refusing to prosecute every last one of LEOs' crimes, more LEOs per capita are STILL convicted of crimes than civilians with guns are, so fuck your criminal safety BS.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 08:25:01 PM

In spite of the government refusing to prosecute every last one of LEOs' crimes, more LEOs per capita are STILL convicted of crimes than civilians with guns are, so fuck your criminal safety BS.

But, but, but...

If you get enough unarmed good people together, they can take out a bad person who has a gun, simply by overwhelming him, even though many of them die in the process. After all, the bad guy is going to run out of ammo sometime.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 09:14:20 PM

But, but, but...

If you get enough unarmed good people together, they can take out a bad person who has a gun, simply by overwhelming him, even though many of them die in the process. After all, the bad guy is going to run out of ammo sometime.

Cool

Gun control, the more innocent bloodshed, the better!

Evildrum

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 09:19:54 PM

Unfortunately, I'm hearing more frequently "an hour."

They do not even show up these days but if you look at them funny they sure do turn the car around to drive by slow.
We had a kid die because a cop shot herself in the foot and the other cops thought the kid shot her and they laid him out.
Getting close to a year and they are still waiting the public out to let them know the truth.

The gun control aspect tears me down the line,as I have dealt with some true psychos raged in traffic and rather not have them armed to the teeth. But I also do not trust government and they seem to be after said guns for a reason that does not feel right to me.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 10:35:24 PM

I have dealt with some true psychos raged in traffic and rather not have them armed to the teeth.

They already are armed with all the weaponry they can afford.

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 05:05:05 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2016, 05:32:32 AM by TheButterZone

This is what is touted by the Police Executive Research Forum (bolded for emphasis)...  Angry Roll Eyes

These new policies undoubtedly have saved many lives. Following is how the Associated Press described one of the most recent events, an attack at a supermarket in Elkhart, Indiana on Jan. 15, 2014:
A deadly shooting at an Indiana grocery store could have been much worse if not for the quick actions of two police officers who relied on training that has become commonplace since the 1999 Columbine shootings. Cody Skipper and Jason Tripp arrived at the Elkhart store within three minutes and needed less than 60 seconds to fatally shoot a gunman who had killed two people and was threatening a third.

Thankfully they don't seem to be gun control revisionist historians (I'm copying and pasting as I read this for the first time).

Quote from: ibid.
What may be a little bit surprising is the number of situations where the people on scene subdue or shoot the attacker themselves. That’s what happened in nearly 40 percent of all the incidents that were resolved before the police arrived.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:20:51 PM

....What may be a little bit surprising is the number of situations where the people on scene subdue or shoot the attacker themselves. That’s what happened in nearly 40 percent of all the incidents that were resolved before the police arrived.

The PTB only want publicized the NEWS that puts them at the top of the hill.

And the lone individual who handles such a problem CAN NEVER be made to look a hero.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 12:17:01 AM

Katie Couric: On second thought, I can see why that highly deceptive edit in our gun-control movie might be misleading

Last week, when gun-rights advocates first cried foul, she sniffed that she was “very proud” of the film. Now, in a statement posted this morning, she’s claiming the edit bothered her too the first time she watched it. What happened?

Here’s a safe bet. So long as it was only activists on the right who were criticizing her, Couric and her team could shrug it off and refuse to address the edit. They’ll wear the attacks from “gun nuts” like a badge of honor, no matter how meritorious they are; it’s good PR for a movie about gun control. Once “respectable” media echoed the criticism, though, it risked undermining the moral authority of the film, which is the whole point of gun-control propaganda. A critique of the media-political class from the right isn’t credible until someone from the class itself validates it. The same dynamic explains why the New York Times’s story last week about the controversy ran under the headline, “Audio of Katie Couric Interview Shows Editing Slant in Gun Documentary, Site Claims.” There was no need for that last bit. The Times could have checked the work of Stephen Gutowski and the Washington Free Beacon in five minutes and declared as a matter of plain fact that the footage had been edited deceptively. They felt obliged to hedge by noting that this is merely what the Free Beacon “claims” only because the Beacon is a right-wing site and thus is presumed untrustworthy until someone not of the right has vouched for it.

As Executive Producer of “Under the Gun,” a documentary film that explores the epidemic of gun violence, I take responsibility for a decision that misrepresented an exchange I had with members of the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL). My question to the VCDL regarding the ability of convicted felons and those on the terror watch list to legally obtain a gun, was followed by an extended pause, making the participants appear to be speechless.

When I screened an early version of the film with the director, Stephanie Soechtig, I questioned her and the editor about the pause and was told that a “beat” was added for, as she described it, “dramatic effect,” to give the audience a moment to consider the question. When VCDL members recently pointed out that they had in fact immediately answered this question, I went back and reviewed it and agree that those eight seconds do not accurately represent their response.

VCDL members have a right for their answers to be shared and so we have posted a transcript of their responses here. I regret that those eight seconds were misleading and that I did not raise my initial concerns more vigorously.

“Dramatic effect,” huh? I didn’t realize it until I read this Examiner post but it turns out other Couric productions have also allegedly used creative editing to falsely suggest that Katie stumped an interviewee who was on the wrong side of an issue. From an account of Couric’s 2004 production “Fed Up”:

“I am told from others who have seen the film that a clip is shown in which I am asked a question about how one would ideally test whether sugar sweetened beverages contribute to obesity, and that I ask for a few moments to collect my thoughts; after showing me think for about 10 seconds, the camera cuts away before I give my answer,” says Allison, who hasn’t seen the film. “If this is the case, the film-makers’ behavior seems counter to thoughtful dialogue. To ask me a question and edit out the answer, and I did answer every question, shows a lack of interest in a discussion of the evidence.”

Precisely. The “stump the chump” edit is what you do when you want to make the subject look like an imbecile for opposing the conventional liberal position, not when you’re interested in a discussion. (That’s why “The Daily Show” loves it.) I was curious about Couric’s “dramatic pause” defense, though, so I asked Gutowski, who’s seen the entire film, whether the full exchange with the VCDL members appears at any point. After all, a “dramatic pause” between question and answer would involve extra time being added between the two to create the illusion that the question was difficult for the subject. If the answer is never shown, however, that’s not a pause. That’s a full redaction, implying that the subject was unable to answer the question at all. According to Gutowski, the film never returns to the exchange with the VCDL members to show their responses. Which means, even in damage-control mode, Couric’s being misleading about what the editors actually did and why.

Her best defense, frankly, may be that this is SOP by filmmakers who favor gun control when interviewing subjects who don’t. Via Becket Adams, here’s a few minutes of footage from the segment in “Under the Gun” that features the VCDL members. Note the bombastic operatic music at the beginning designed to mock their enjoyment of shooting at the range.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/05/31/katie-couric-on-second-thought-i-can-see-why-that-highly-deceptive-edit-in-our-gun-control-movie-might-be-misleading/

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:49:17 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 02:12:07 AM by Spendulus

I think that for world peas we should ban all guns above certain size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16SIvVKtuks

Guns kill, and big guns kill big.  

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/worlds-largest-working-rifle-video/

But peoplez need protection from bad peoplez.

Peoplez after rigorous licenz and fees paid should be given right to gun of modest size and killing force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vSYEhu1eM

Oinkly trained soldiers polize should carry guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6UvNgbqIA

(joke)
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 02:11:28 AM

I think that for world peas we should ban all guns above certain size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16SIvVKtuks

Guns kill, and big guns kill big. 

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/worlds-largest-working-rifle-video/

But peoplez need protection from bad peoplez.

Peoplez after rigorous licenz and fees paid should be given right to gun of modest size and killing force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vSYEhu1eM

Oinkly trained soldiers polize should carry guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6UvNgbqIA

You SO STUPID!  This no good.  NO GOOD!   You regulat all people get killed nedd guns to protect.  You take them AWAY!  You take away THIS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7WQJDTVTRQ

NO GOOD I SAY!  LEAVE US our guns alone.

(joke)
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:04:34 PM

Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:12:29 AM

its a very nice idea but i think it is not possible because the hands beside the gun spreading is a  question mark. i think it is very difficult to control the gun spreading.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: