Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:34:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417149 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 11:49:46 AM

I don't think it will happen 15 years later or more than 15 years, Many people just see Bitcoin an alternative payment processor and investment, and few people see Bitcoin just for the community. With current US citizen more than 320 million and many people beside US citizen use USD it's will be hard for Bitcoin replacing Dollar. People still trust in USD or local currency if they saving Bitcoin is just for saving.
Totally agree with you, Bitcoin does not replace the dollar and will continue to exist in parallel as an alternative currency with its own special properties and mechanics. Dallar can only replace digital dollar, if in the future the government will do it, but it will be the same dollar is not just on paper.
then there is an interesting question popping up like is it possible if later dolar have a digital version to compete with bitcoin? as the future of money in my opinion are clearly it's crypto currency. paper money hurting our lovely earth as it created from the Cotton and Linen. it's time to move to digital!
Fiat is already digital. I am barely using physical money anymore for my daily needs. I either use my banking app that works with NFC or my NFC enabled bank card to complete purchases.

If I ask for a refund they just require me to turn on NFC and the money is being returned. I must however note that in this case the refund amount can take up to 24 hours to show up if the banks aren't the same.

If the banks are the same, then it's of course instant. Right now it's just waiting to make bank to bank transfers instant for every bank. If that happens, then it will be even better. It's just a matter of time.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:09:01 PM

Wait what did you just say that bitcoin can replace dollars.
I don't think this will ever happen. It's just not possible. I agree people keep saying bitcoin is future, investment opportunity , etc. But bitcoin replacing dollars will never happen I can guarantee you.

Everyone would love a Digital Wallet that can be
brought to any place and have fast transactions.
 As he says, it will not replace dollars, bitcoin may
be a popular crypto currency, but it is impossible to
 replace dollars. I think bitcoin will be more used by
people in the future but will not replace currencies in
the future, though looking forward on making bitcoin
acceptable at any stores.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:16:05 PM

I don't think this will ever happen. It's just not possible. I agree people keep saying bitcoin is future, investment opportunity , etc. But bitcoin replacing dollars will never happen I can guarantee you.

If people are going to be smarter, we would ask for transparent record for payments. There are some organizations for this and they target the government mainly. They ask for the records to where did the funds go in every single town. This is based on my experience since an organization/movement like that went to my area. My area doesn't want to release their records. Well, probably because they put most of the money to their personal bank accounts.

If people are going to be wiser, they would rally for this thing. They would ask where did every single penny from the tax that they paid for went. One way to have a transparent record for payments is by using bitcoins. But just like I said, most governments don't want to have that since they're corrupt. Their shady activities would be revealed, a lot of questions will be asked to them, and then they'll surely go to jail.

blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:23:03 PM

If all mankind or all country citizens will understand what bitcoin really means for us, I think Yes, there is a possibility that bitcoin will replace dollar soon. Because it has capability change the mind settings of individuals for the better too of course.
Matthias Green

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:43:01 PM

When debts of countries will be estimated in bitcoins we may say the replacement began successfully.  Grin
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:48:39 PM

Bitcoin will never replace dollar or any national currency,any nation needs his own national currency,otherwise sooner or latar thay will face big problems,look euro currency,Greece,Spain,Italy are facing big problems.And now Germany,there is 4 years high inflation in Germany and fear that it will turn in to hyperinflation.Germany can do nothing with that becouse EBC is in charge

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 11:03:12 AM

If people are going to be smarter, we would ask for transparent record for payments. There are some organizations for this and they target the government mainly. They ask for the records to where did the funds go in every single town. This is based on my experience since an organization/movement like that went to my area. My area doesn't want to release their records. Well, probably because they put most of the money to their personal bank accounts.

If people are going to be wiser, they would rally for this thing. They would ask where did every single penny from the tax that they paid for went. One way to have a transparent record for payments is by using bitcoins. But just like I said, most governments don't want to have that since they're corrupt. Their shady activities would be revealed, a lot of questions will be asked to them, and then they'll surely go to jail

Power corrupts while absolute power corrupts absolutely

The irony is that when the government is going after somebody (I mean its bodies that represent authorities, say, a tax agency or public safety department), banks and other financial institutions like exchanges are obliged by the law to provide the complete details of financial transactions that this individual has made up to date. In some jurisdictions even Internet providers are required to keep logs of all activity that folks spend time doing

And they may not quite like the kind of pron you are watching

boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:09:18 AM

When debts of countries will be estimated in bitcoins we may say the replacement began successfully.  Grin

No, it is not going to happen debt is not going to be a measurement to make the replace of dollar with bitcoin to be successful. There are certain laws and legislation that must be followed and I really don't think that bitcoin will replace dollar. Most of us will like bitcoin this way unlike being controlled by the government.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:38:44 PM

If all mankind or all country citizens will understand what bitcoin really means for us, I think Yes, there is a possibility that bitcoin will replace dollar soon. Because it has capability change the mind settings of individuals for the better too of course.
but i think it is not such an easy job. as bitcoin is present for last 9 years and still less that 1% people are using bitcoin. now imagin that how much time will it take when all the people of the world will be using bitcoin. i think it can take decades and then my be people give prefer to bitcoin as their primary currency. but still USD will also survive.
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:14:04 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2017, 06:00:08 PM by bestluck

but i think it is not such an easy job. as bitcoin is present for last 9 years and still less that 1% people are using bitcoin. now imagin that how much time will it take when all the people of the world will be using bitcoin. i think it can take decades and then my be people give prefer to bitcoin as their primary currency. but still USD will also survive.
But if these people who have bitcoin and are coming to bitcoin start to support and promote bitcoin then it will sooner replace dollar because I am seeing that on internet it already have captured a good space of market like it already have replaced a number of payment processors and even paypal is also in the risk because of the coming of bitcoin so it is sure that in the coming future bitcoin will be in a position that it will replace dollar.
margarete11

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:19:44 PM

I don't think so ! Dollar has already been part of the economy and it was created for a specific reasin I dont think that it will be abolished just because of Bitcoin! Implantation of Bitcoin as a currency is very hard because not everyone have an access to the internet and informing every citizen about Bitcoin will be a great challenge especially those people who are not familiar about the technology
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:23:25 PM

Bitcoin doesn't have the power to replace dollar in any way. But yes, it may replace zimbabwean dollar as their economy is shattered. Jokes apart!

However, bitcoin and paper currency are genetically different. Dollar is a government backed currency where bitcoin is not. Bitcoin doesn't have any central authority. It is backed up by public trust. It will never be able to replace dollar or any other fiat currency unless and until any country adopts bitcoin as their national currency.

Sanekavg13

Activity: 285

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 04:42:08 PM

Bitcoin doesn't have the power to replace dollar in any way. But yes, it may replace zimbabwean dollar as their economy is shattered. Jokes apart!

However, bitcoin and paper currency are genetically different. Dollar is a government backed currency where bitcoin is not. Bitcoin doesn't have any central authority. It is backed up by public trust. It will never be able to replace dollar or any other fiat currency unless and until any country adopts bitcoin as their national currency.

you are right, Bitcoin has many advantages, but it is not very important - government support. That is why he will never be able to replace the dollar
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 05:53:24 PM

When debts of countries will be estimated in bitcoins we may say the replacement began successfully Grin

We may not live up to that. Governments didn't drop gold to get caught with Bitcoin

However, bitcoin and paper currency are genetically different. Dollar is a government backed currency where bitcoin is not. Bitcoin doesn't have any central authority. It is backed up by public trust. It will never be able to replace dollar or any other fiat currency unless and until any country adopts bitcoin as their national currency

The Zimbabwean dollar has already been replaced

With the US dollar if you didn't notice. It was also "backed up" by the central authority but it didn't help it since folks started to massively use anything until the local currency got completely abandoned. Or do you really think that a government is going to accept payments such as taxes in the currency that no one gives a fuck about any longer?

fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 06:22:02 PM

you are right, Bitcoin has many advantages, but it is not very important - government support. That is why he will never be able to replace the dollar

Running the country with bitcoin is impossible. If it happens, then there is no legal transaction will happen in that country. BEcasue tracking bitcoin transaction is not possible. So the bitcoin will help only for the digital transaction and online shopping purpose. It will never replace by Dollar. The value of the digital currency is high, but it can not beat the value of paper currency.   
Imaginary Entity

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 06:43:13 PM

No. It will always be 'Alternative Currency' unless the Governance system breaks down completely.

It will be interesting when the Government-backed blockchain tokens go live, it could present a much more relevant competition between Bitcoin and Fiat.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:26:49 PM

Everyone would love a Digital Wallet that can be
brought to any place and have fast transactions.
 As he says, it will not replace dollars, bitcoin may
be a popular crypto currency, but it is impossible to
 replace dollars. I think bitcoin will be more used by
people in the future but will not replace currencies in
the future, though looking forward on making bitcoin
acceptable at any stores.
Well i still think there are many people who are forgetting the purpose of bitcoin. Bitcoin was made to be a unique currency. It was made to replace gold as an investment so why do want to use it for daily transactions. Bitcoin is just an investment platform please don't try to use it as an currency.
Dammitt

Activity: 882
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:10:21 PM

I can not see any reason why Bitcoin should take the place of the Dollar. Now the dollar is moving in very good shape, one of the important functions of the markets. Bitcoin does not have a central authority, so the support of the people here plays a very important role or it is not accepted in bitcoin.

We can say that even most people can use bitcoin even if it is difficult to use. That's why the dollar will always stay.

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 12:54:45 PM

Running the country with bitcoin is impossible. If it happens, then there is no legal transaction will happen in that country. BEcasue tracking bitcoin transaction is not possible. So the bitcoin will help only for the digital transaction and online shopping purpose. It will never replace by Dollar. The value of the digital currency is high, but it can not beat the value of paper currency.   

Or maybe the transactions would even be better when a country started to use bitcoins. So-called legal transactions always require proof of transaction and that's even easier to access when you're using bitcoins. To show that the transaction has happened, you just have to show the transaction fee. I think the huge reason why a country wouldn't use bitcoin for transactions because the government would have transparent records and most of them are hiding something.

All of the records will be available online and all of the proof of transaction can easily be seen and verified.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

transabox

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:56:09 PM

Or maybe the transactions would even be better when a country started to use bitcoins. So-called legal transactions always require proof of transaction and that's even easier to access when you're using bitcoins. To show that the transaction has happened, you just have to show the transaction fee. I think the huge reason why a country wouldn't use bitcoin for transactions because the government would have transparent records and most of them are hiding something.

All of the records will be available online and all of the proof of transaction can easily be seen and verified.

Yes, you are right, anonymity will uteryana.Pravitelstvo likes to control everything and it really wants to control Bitcoin payments.
But still there is a lot of benefits from the use of Bitcoins, especially between private parties.
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: