Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:28:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006432 times)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:51:01 PM

can anyone give me some advice, BigVern/cryptsy said that the servers where " wiped" now i checked my wallet in the blockchain and found out my digibyte coins were transferred after the so called wipe, they were transferred a few times and are now located on the Poloniex servers

is there any change i can make a lawsuit against poloniex, demanding my coins back, i have evidence, besides that these are stolen coins

please let me know thanks

So, heres the thing with that...

How do you know it wasnt the lawyer moving the funds to be liquidated for the overall sum of monies collected?

If the law office took and moved the coins to poloniex they are not stolen, and are being sold for cash to pay off all the creditors.

Talk to silverman law office and see what they can tell you about those coins. I can say tho even if they recovered them, you will not get them back yourself. Too many people lost coins, and if they were recovered they would be sold and the money added to the general fund.

Didn't Silvers/Silverman publicly disclose which route the salvage coins were to/did take?

Yes they Did. They know Coinbase Laundered a lot of Verns (Our) Coins. They are going after Coinbase, Part II of the Lawsuits.

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/florida/flsdce/9:2016cv81992/497843/36/

Honestly, I don't think much is gonna come of it. Coinbase has become a big powerful player
in the crypto theater with a lot of crypto funds sloshing around and I'm sure they most likely have a top notch legal
team at the ready to defend and liigate this thing for many moons to come.
Then again its crypto and yeah, nothing surprises me anymore in this space.
(wonder if they pay the lawyers in bitcoin? )

I disagree. Coinbase is supposedly following fincen rules.
They obviously broke the rules so it becomes a matter of time to see what they settle for.
http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/florida/flsdce/9:2016cv81992/497843/36/
The Judge already ditched Arbitration.

OK, fair enough, however I'm actually not familiar with the actual evidence of Coinbase
"obviously breaking the rules". So serious question...
can you enlighten me?
 I'm quite curious to know how you think this is gonna play out as you seem to be knowledgeable
in the legal matters,links etc. Thanx.

I'm pretty sure that the astute lawyers wouldn't have pursued the case if they felt that they didn't have a case.

Recall, Paul Vernon first used Coinbase to liquidate bitcoins for his million-dollar-plus loan supposedly prior to the hack, then preceded to liquidate millions of dollars worth of bitcoins to his personal and business bank accounts thereafter. Surely, Coinbase should've known that something was amiss, i.e. knowing that Cryptsy would in effect be bone dry, and that's not even them knowing about the hacked(?) coins leaving the platform.

Bottomline, Coinbase should've at least notified the authorities that mega millions was moved but didn't.

TBC, I've have no real issues with Coinbase, just relaying what I believe to be true till proven incorrect on my assessment.

At the end of the day, the lawyers will do what lawyers do... go after more money. It costs very little at the end of the day to file paperwork to try to get more money out of another party. They can have an intern draw it up, file it and hope for the best. What is the lawyer out if it gets bounced? But the windfall of 30% or more of any award is well worth the output in this case.

But if the suit gains traction and has hopes of winning, then the lawyers are fucked - they'll have to put in a couple hours a day of real work.

"I became a lawyer because I hate to work! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN BY I NOW HAVE TO PUT IN A COUPLE HOURS A DAY ON THIS MEASLY CRYPTO CASE? All we have to do is get Coinbase on the stand and make them blurt out CUP MY BALLS! Or is that a different case?
I think I'm drunk."
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:19:33 AM

But if the suit gains traction and has hopes of winning, then the lawyers are fucked - they'll have to put in a couple hours a day of real work.

"I became a lawyer because I hate to work! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN BY I NOW HAVE TO PUT IN A COUPLE HOURS A DAY ON THIS MEASLY CRYPTO CASE? All we have to do is get Coinbase on the stand and make them blurt out CUP MY BALLS! Or is that a different case?
I think I'm drunk."

Like this??

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:39:58 AM

I think I'm drunk."

Like this??

From the desk of A Presidential Seal of the United States Takes a Selfie:

"Well, I can scratch that off my bucket list - witnessing a woman cupping her balls while her husband makes moose calls."
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:08:57 AM

From the desk of A The UN-Presidential Seal of the United States::

YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 03:47:41 PM

From the desk of A The UN-Presidential Seal of the United States::

"STOP! STOP! Please stop! You'll make me wet my flippers."

rosmo01

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:39:52 PM

I just received Cryptsy Settlement – Deficiency Notice.

I'm surprised as I submitted all available documentation.

Anyone with BTC claim been accepted?

What did you provide as documentation for your claim?

How did you document the BTC account balance?

All I had to work on was my "Confirm Your Withdrawal" emails from Cryptsy, which provide withdrawal amount and address. I assumed that with this mail containing the unique confirmation URI they would have proof of withdrawal attempt, that ultimately failed, as we all know.

My Cryptsy BTC account balance I have no idea how to document.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:48:20 PM

Another slap-in-the-face from dealing with Cryptsy.

I see many more coming, down the road.

Watch the scammers get all the Coins.

Just watch.
TheTommyD

Activity: 319
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:51:25 PM

All I had to work on was my "Confirm Your Withdrawal" emails from Cryptsy, which provide withdrawal amount and address. I assumed that with this mail containing the unique confirmation URI they would have proof of withdrawal attempt, that ultimately failed, as we all know.

Does the Notice you received allow you to further substantiate your claim or was it an outright rejection?

BTC: 1DEj5mbjoYXqvRKfoS4yqtdvSKHpQ4hFLu
TheTommyD

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:57:25 PM

UPDATE ON CRYPTSY CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT:

The deadline to make a claim in the Cryptsy Class Action Settlement has passed. The Court has given final approval to the settlement, including the notice and claims administration process. We are still in the process of reviewing the many claims made in the case. If you made a claim, you will receive a notice about the status of your claim. If you made the claim and did not receive the notice, please email info@cryptsysettlement.com.

If you missed the deadline to make a claim, we may still be able to help you. Wites & Kapetan and Silver Miller are pursuing a class action lawsuit against Coinbase to recover money for Cryptsy account holders. This lawsuit is pending in federal court in The United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. In response to the lawsuit, Coinbase filed a motion to compel arbitration, which is designed to prevent Cryptsy account holders from suing Coinbase in court, and to prevent them from joining together in a class action. The federal court denied Coinbase’s motion to force the case to arbitration, and ruled that because Cryptsy account holders are not parties to any contract with Coinbase that they can pursue their claims in court.

You need not take any action at this time to be part of the Coinbase class action. If the Court certifies the case as a class action, Wites & Kapetan and Silver Miller will post information on the Internet and make other efforts – which are subject to court approval – to advise Cryptsy account holders about the case. You can email your information (including your name, email address, physical address and phone number) to info@wklawyers.com, and we will send you updates about the Coinbase case.

If you are a CRYPTSY account holder and are unable to access your CRYPTOCURRENCY, you could get money from two different class action settlements, and an ongoing class action lawsuit may affect your rights. PLEASE READ THE NOTICE CAREFULLY.

rosmo01

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:41:17 PM

Does the Notice you received allow you to further substantiate your claim or was it an outright rejection?

I'm allowed to contest the rejection, but what additional documentation can I provide? They have the BTC withdrawal amount and the receiving BTC address which they will see never received this amount. Thus I have lost that amount which I claim.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:54:34 PM

cryptsy ~ tl;dr

Roll Eyes

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
TheTommyD

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:59:06 PM

I'm allowed to contest the rejection, but what additional documentation can I provide? They have the BTC withdrawal amount and the receiving BTC address which they will see never received this amount. Thus I have lost that amount which I claim.

That's too bad if you have nothing else in the way of Supporting Documentation.

I received my "CRYPTSY CRYPTOCURRENCY SETTLEMENT DETERMINATION OF RECOGNIZED CLAIM" e-mail a few hours ago.

I previously submitted screenshots of my Cryptsy account, a spreadsheet of every trade I did on Cryptsy, e-mails, all the info and pics I used for my level 2 etc.

Now all I have to do is read up on filing the IRS Form  Huh

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:03:04 PM

I received my "CRYPTSY CRYPTOCURRENCY SETTLEMENT DETERMINATION OF RECOGNIZED CLAIM" e-mail a few hours ago.

I previously submitted screenshots of my Cryptsy account, a spreadsheet of every trade I did on Cryptsy, e-mails, all the info and pics I used for my level 2 etc.

claim what? the keys are lost ...+remaining shitcoins dispersed to goldcoin dev? :\

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
TheTommyD

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:07:35 PM

claim what? the keys are lost ...+remaining shitcoins dispersed to goldcoin dev? :\

The $2,000,000 they already recovered, plus any addition recoveries from the Coinbase Lawsuit (and the one-in a Million chance Paul gets Homesick as the Judgements against him remain in place.)

fahq420

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:12:56 PM

i have received a rejection letter.. says my proof wasnt enough.   I had used them for a while, with no problem and never saved anything... Sad i have some of my addresses and proof of the missing 1.3 btc goin into a specific address that i think is cryptsys, but they say its not good enough Sad

any ideas?
Tara11

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:32:07 PM

CRYPTSY CRYPTOCURRENCY SETTLEMENT
CLAIM DEFICIENCY LETTER

You submitted a Claim Form in the class action lawsuit styled Brandon Leidel, et al. v. Project Investors, Inc. d/b/a Cryptsy, Paul Vernon, et al., U.S. Dist. Ct. - S.D. Fla. -- Case No. 9:16-cv-80060-KAM (the “Lawsuit”). Your Claim Form was not submitted with documentation sufficient to identify the type and quantity of cryptocurrency held at Cryptsy during the class period. As a result, you do not have a Recognized Claim and will not receive a payment pursuant to the terms of the Settlement Agreement and Plan of Allocation in the Lawsuit.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
rosmo01

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:39:43 PM

The annoying thing is that I hadn't used Cryptsy for a very long time - so long that I had to unlock it. I should have taken it as an omen, but convenience over opening a new account with some inferior UI made me push on.

Submitting a screenshot of account is of course great when you have access to the account, but for those who realised the danger after the site went down have no such opportunity.

A spreadsheet is most definitely a must, but I didn't have it in time to include Cryptsy.

The e-mails - do you mean all of them - like "Confirmation of Registration", "Ticket Received", "Successful Authentication", "Confirm you withdrawal" ? How do they prove wallets/balances?

What do you mean by "info and pics I used for my level 2 etc"? Do you mean two-factor authentication details?

Is there any way to find the origin address of a transaction at all? I have the last incoming transaction from Cryptsy, but as I never deposited BTC to Cryptsy I don't know a way to find my Cryptsy wallet address.
TheTommyD

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:53:05 PM

The annoying thing is that I hadn't used Cryptsy for a very long time - so long that I had to unlock it. I should have taken it as an omen, but convenience over opening a new account with some inferior UI made me push on.

Submitting a screenshot of account is of course great when you have access to the account, but for those who realised the danger after the site went down have no such opportunity.

A spreadsheet is most definitely a must, but I didn't have it in time to include Cryptsy.

The e-mails - do you mean all of them - like "Confirmation of Registration", "Ticket Received", "Successful Authentication", "Confirm you withdrawal" ? How do they prove wallets/balances?

What do you mean by "info and pics I used for my level 2 etc"? Do you mean two-factor authentication details?

Is there any way to find the origin address of a transaction at all? I have the last incoming transaction from Cryptsy, but as I never deposited BTC to Cryptsy I don't know a way to find my Cryptsy wallet address.

I credit fellow users here on bitcointalk for motivating me to take screenshots back in January 2016 and prior. It was all the talk at the time.

I had always kept a spreadsheet for fun and to total trades, that went through with multiple buys or sells.

The level 2 I referred to is not 2FA. It means I was a registered user (not anonymous).

BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:07:28 PM

Who else beside Tommy got accepted? I don't get it I am the ONLY person here who actually took a video with my phone of my account (over 2 minutes of content!)+ the screen shots + the emails and I got rejected.

"Your Claim Form was not submitted with documentation sufficient to identify the type and quantity of cryptocurrency held at Cryptsy during the class period."

"You also have the right to a review by the Court. Please indicate in your submission if you are requesting a review by the Court."

How can I get the Court to review my papers and evidence instead? Do I have to be in the US?

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:25:48 PM

Who else beside Tommy got accepted? I don't get it I am the ONLY person here who actually took a video with my phone of my account (over 2 minutes of content!)+ the screen shots + the emails and I got rejected.

"Your Claim Form was not submitted with documentation sufficient to identify the type and quantity of cryptocurrency held at Cryptsy during the class period."

Sounds like you did more than your Due Diligence to me.

Get ready for another huge scam-a-thon, everyone.
Pages: « 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: