Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:41:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631783 times)
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:55:24 PM

I got into Bitcoin when the prices reached $800. I was very lucky afterwards that this prices was to high for me and I did not buy Bitcoins at this time. Instead, I hoped to get into next Bitcoin and invested into Nxt what made me not rich but gave me some considerably wealth too. What I want to say is that there are always chances to make good money if you really get into promising coins.

This is right the people who are sitting on their Bitcoin and have done since 2012-2014 have had plenty of chances to make extra income or of course lose some, if you get lucky as you did with NXT then you could have made more from that one investment than you could probably make from Bitcoin now, in fact i am pretty sure there are no more big winners here for waiting around.

Doesn't seem sensible to buy at 300-900 and sit on them hoping that the value is going to go up when more than likely it won't, i paid over the odds but i have traded all the way and if i was to sell now i would be profit.

Nowhere near the possible wealthy elite who was here in early on though i might add.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:48:57 PM

Yeah, I don't even own a whole bitcoin.

Some guy presumably one of the developers offered to send me coins likes 3-4 years ago but I never took them for inventing this. He disappeared from the face of the earth though.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
fabiola!

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:52:23 PM

Well, if it helps... Just imagine how you guys will be feeling if you got out of the game now only to discover, in 2 years or so, that Bitcoin has gone up to $5000 or something. Always keep in mind that things may turn around!

This has to be the hope.

I unfortunately started buying around April/May 2014.
I'm a HODLER but am down several thousand GBP.

Yep, I started at the beginning of 2014 as well and lost £££ so far.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:53:08 PM

How come OP is "anonymous" and has no profile? Just realized when I tried to click on his nickname, but there's nothing... interesting.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:57:03 PM

How come OP is "anonymous" and has no profile? Just realized when I tried to click on his nickname, but there's nothing... interesting.

Apparently, he was an infamous troll and got banned and his user account removed.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:45:22 PM

Look up the user names Atlas, Jon, Immanuel Go, Ragnar, ALPHA, anonymous, Boss and you'll see most of his threads. He had more nicks than hookers have tricks.

Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:49:23 PM

I got into Bitcoin when the prices reached $800. I was very lucky afterwards that this prices was to high for me and I did not buy Bitcoins at this time. Instead, I hoped to get into next Bitcoin and invested into Nxt what made me not rich but gave me some considerably wealth too. What I want to say is that there are always chances to make good money if you really get into promising coins.

Some altcoins had the potential for enormous profits but many also had the potential for enormous losses. While Bitcoin's price rose by 90 times in 2013, Litecoin's went up by nearly 600 times. Someone who had invested $13 into BTC in the beginning of 2013 and exchanged it for NXT while the IPO was still open would have been $5 million better off at one point.

Compare this to 2012 when the BTC price only rose from $5 to $13 by the year's end. Not many opportunities were to be had there. The same is also probably true for 2015. If BTC does become truly mainstream then those who wait patiently today might eventually see very large returns in the future. Just like how those who had waited and held onto their coins in 2012 would have seen enormous returns in the following year.

Apparently, he was an infamous troll and got banned and his user account removed.

Look up the user names Atlas, Jon, Immanuel Go, Ragnar, ALPHA, anonymous, Boss and you'll see most of his threads. He had more nicks than hookers have tricks.

Well that explains it. Previously I used to think that the forums supported anonymous/guest posting and OP was one of such users. Strange that they would actually go so far as to delete the account though.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:00:14 PM

Some altcoins had the potential for enormous profits but many also had the potential for enormous losses. While Bitcoin's price rose by 90 times in 2013, Litecoin's went up by nearly 600 times. Someone who had invested $13 into BTC in the beginning of 2013 and exchanged it for NXT while the IPO was still open would have been $5 million better off at one point.

Compare this to 2012 when the BTC price only rose from $5 to $13 by the year's end. Not many opportunities were to be had there. The same is also probably true for 2015. If BTC does become truly mainstream then those who wait patiently today might eventually see very large returns in the future. Just like how those who had waited and held onto their coins in 2012 would have seen enormous returns in the following year.

Well that explains it. Previously I used to think that the forums supported anonymous/guest posting and OP was one of such users. Strange that they would actually go so far as to delete the account though.

There are plenty of really interesting projects happening now in crypto/decentralziation. The thing is, it takes both skill and a lot of luck to spot the good ones. Even if you invest in something that's objectively great, it doesn't necessarly mean it will catch up with the popular and deliver massive gains.
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:47:55 PM

There are plenty of really interesting projects happening now in crypto/decentralziation. The thing is, it takes both skill and a lot of luck to spot the good ones. Even if you invest in something that's objectively great, it doesn't necessarly mean it will catch up with the popular and deliver massive gains.

Most people do not have the skill or LUCKY to find the promising coins. We can only invest the long standing coins, but they may die in any minute.
hmblm1245

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:52:26 PM

Most people do not have the skill or LUCKY to find the promising coins. We can only invest the long standing coins, but they may die in any minute.

Remember solid coin and Geist Guide... Good thing i dropped mine before they went under
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:00:44 PM

There are definitely still opportunities. You have to be either very lucky or very knowledgable to spot them. Cloud mining or investment schemes are not the good ones.

Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:42:31 PM

Cloud mining was never a good opportunity, and it was completely obvious that it wasn't.

If it were profitable for the renter to rent out equipment for mining, then the guy who owned the equipment would be passing up an opportunity to profit more by simply mining for himself.  In fact the only way for him to be making more money than he would make by NOT renting out the machinery is if the additional money comes directly out of the renters' pocket. 

Seriously guys.  Business 101.  Never deal with anyone unless you can see where his profit in the deal is coming from.  People who aren't stupid won't cut you in if they take a loss by doing so. 
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:18:43 PM

We still can be, accumulate as much as you can now.
micheline

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:29:56 PM

I wish people would stop selling.
If we all HODL for a couple of years & limit supply the price would be great.

It has always been difficult to educated people doing the right thing. Wink

That's why there is an elite of a few visionaries within an ocean of ordinary people...
Mt. Gox

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:57:25 PM

Yup, definitely. In fact, if NXT were to be released today, most people would probably think it was a scam and not invest. During its IPO phase, the coin had no whitepaper, no code, no working beta, no escrow, and an anonymous newbie dev. Then there were other coins like Stackcoin which passed the "scam check reviews" in place at the time but still turned out to be scams. Both coins promised a lot of new, exciting things but only one of them would have gained you money.

Also, the main reason why the NXT IPO made such massive profits for its investors was the absolutely tiny size of it. Only 21 BTC was ever invested. Projects like Ethereum are doing innovative things but their IPOs are usually much more massive compared to NXT's so even if these coins reach multi-million dollar market caps, it's highly unlikely that you would see the same type of returns on your investment.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:30:37 PM

Yup, definitely. In fact, if NXT were to be released today, most people would probably think it was a scam and not invest. During its IPO phase, the coin had no whitepaper, no code, no working beta, no escrow, and an anonymous newbie dev. Then there were other coins like Stackcoin which passed the "scam check reviews" in place at the time but still turned out to be scams. Both coins promised a lot of new, exciting things but only one of them would have gained you money.

Also, the main reason why the NXT IPO made such massive profits for its investors was the absolutely tiny size of it. Only 21 BTC was ever invested. Projects like Ethereum are doing innovative things but their IPOs are usually much more massive compared to NXT's so even if these coins reach multi-million dollar market caps, it's highly unlikely that you would see the same type of returns on your investment.

The reputation of IPOs has been damaged beyond belief, too many scams, but those that turn out ok, do make massive profits for investors.

NXT is a good idea, but I dont like the fact there are massive ass stakeholders making money out of holding.

Ethereum... Vitalik has criticized Bitcoin a lot, he's delayed Ethereum beyond belief, all of this while of course accepting the Bitcoin he criticizes.
Jybrael

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:26:40 PM

I do believe that in the future Bitcoin will reach new heights and rise up to the moon once again...how long that will take at the moment with all the negative press Bitcoin is getting and the slow adoption rate kind of...can't really be sure with all this...but I will stay positive.
Mt. Gox

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:57:50 PM

The reputation of IPOs has been damaged beyond belief, too many scams, but those that turn out ok, do make massive profits for investors.

NXT was probably the only one to make massive profits. But a few others have made reasonable profits. For example, I think those who invested in GEMS made a small profit or a small loss (forgot which). Some coins such as Reddcoin and Qora would have made good (but not massive) profits if you sold at their peaks. Other coins such as Blocknet, Crypti, NODE, Syscoin, and Bitbay are now trading at a loss compared to the IPO price.

NXT is a good idea, but I dont like the fact there are massive ass stakeholders making money out of holding.

You mean forging? NXT's forging returns are really far too low to care about. A NXT whale with 1 million NXT makes less than 50 cents worth of NXT after forging for a week.

Ethereum... Vitalik has criticized Bitcoin a lot, he's delayed Ethereum beyond belief, all of this while of course accepting the Bitcoin he criticizes.

Vitalik originally became well known as the founder and author of Bitcoin Magazine. He probably likes Bitcoin but thinks that the blockchain concept could be extended further, hence Ethereum. Nick Szabo seems to think this way too.

I do believe that in the future Bitcoin will reach new heights and rise up to the moon once again...how long that will take at the moment with all the negative press Bitcoin is getting and the slow adoption rate kind of...can't really be sure with all this...but I will stay positive.

Other than the Silk Road news, I haven't seen a lot of negative press recently. After the Mt. Gox incident, most of the news in the second half of 2014 has been positive (e.g. increased merchant adoption, VC funding, Wall Street) and yet the price has continued declining.

TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:11:25 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 03:26:41 AM by TippingPoint

A significant remaining hurdle is seeing Bitcoin wallets installed on every smart-phone.  People are more likely to buy, use, and trust Bitcoin if they already have a Bitcoin wallet.  It would be less mysterious, less intimidating, and in some people, mocking, until they fed it.

Some options include

• pre-installed with the device (what would be their incentive?)
  • pre-installed with the operating system (what would be their incentive?)
  • pre-installed by the branded retailer (what would be their incentive?)
  • part of an optionally downloaded software suite (piggyback)
  • individual optional download (the most common method)

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 01:26:43 PM

A significant remaining hurdle is seeing Bitcoin wallets installed on every smart-phone.  People are more likely to buy, use, and trust Bitcoin if they already have a Bitcoin wallet.  It would be less mysterious, less intimidating, and in some people, mocking, until they fed it.

Some options include

• pre-installed with the device (what would be their incentive?)
  • pre-installed with the operating system (what would be their incentive?)
  • pre-installed by the branded retailer (what would be their incentive?)
  • part of an optionally downloaded software suite (piggyback)
  • individual optional download (the most common method)

Bloatware!  I remember that's how they got suckers into signing up for Prodigy, Compuserve, and AOL internet in the 90's.

Gots to trick these fools into using it first...

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: