Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:03:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631774 times)
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 05:50:57 PM

Most of you lot live in fairy land, I actually feel for you and wish you all the best and that you beat your bitcoin price rise addiction. The wealthy elite has long gone from this game and they will not look back. Most of what is left I will not name  Cheesy

So NASDAQ is not wealthy?
http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/11/technology/nasdaq-bitcoin-technology/

Oh totally not, the wealthy elite was Mark Karpeles and he already left right. Fucking tools.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:36:08 PM

They have said multiple times that they are not going to use Bitcoin. They are researching the use of "Blockchain Technology" for record keeping.

Nasdaq is one of the first multinational financial services companies to explore ways to leverage the blockchain in a non-currency manner.

This doesn't mean Nasdaq is using actual Bitcoins as currency. But Nasdaq will be interacting with the Bitcoin system to slip data into the blockchain.

Nasdaq's experiment is a limited one. On Monday, the Wall Street Journal referred to Nasdaq's pre-IPO market, which launched in January 2014, as "a fledgling marketplace." But if it works out, expect to see it use the blockchain concept elsewhere.

bitbets

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:44:37 PM

What's wrong with $80,000 per coin?

Nothing much but isn't it considerably more of a stretch? A $1000 coin was achieved off the back of a few hundred thousand enthusiasts using comedy exchanges run by children and crooks.

$80,000 would need a decent chunk of global wealth being convinced to pour into it and stay there. It probably wouldn't actually require that much USD in global terms, maybe $100-250 billion of direct expenditure to push it that high but that's still far from chump change.

Possible but far more difficult to achieve.

When the next Bull market finally starts, people will discuss $100,000 to $1 Million+ per BTC and be taken seriously. I think ~$5,000 is not too crazy within a year or two.

Bitcoin seems useful for sending/receiving larger amounts of money, but with the 50,000 satoshi price to send, it isn't as useful for smaller transactions. I don't know, it charges me 50k satoshi.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:10:27 PM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

Nothin' like quoting the OP of a 4-year-old thread started by Atlas, with the thread still goin' strong and having over a quarter million views.
mcg

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:21:54 PM

NASDAQ is up in this bitch already. It only takes a couple whales joining the party, we don't need "Mass adoption" to hit 6 figures per coin.

I wonder.

These people are hardened pros. They're not going to pump money in when they know they can be dumped all over by a bunch of spotty oiks who lucked out.

If they do want to separate a lot of people from their coins they'll be doing it in a rather sneakier and scarier manner. Perhaps it has been happening for a while. We might learn something about that in the years to come.

i have been in the stockmarket for quite some time now.... take oil as an example. there is still much oversupply and just recently there was a 30% increase in price. the markets dont have anything to do with supply and demand. oil is still way oversupplied. markets follow the direction the big banks like goldman suckx direct it to. also when they start buying, this will trigger algo's that start buying even more.... everyone will get scared to miss out again and start buying as well... just one big signal is needed. when it comes... dont know. maybe within next 1.5year since the stockmarket is near to the end of the current cycle.

think they are already buying silently. so no-one notices. i see bitcoin like gold. gold is also near it lows.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:09:36 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2015, 03:40:57 PM by Amph

Nothing much but isn't it considerably more of a stretch? A $1000 coin was achieved off the back of a few hundred thousand enthusiasts using comedy exchanges run by children and crooks.

$80,000 would need a decent chunk of global wealth being convinced to pour into it and stay there. It probably wouldn't actually require that much USD in global terms, maybe $100-250 billion of direct expenditure to push it that high but that's still far from chump change.

NASDAQ is up in this bitch already. It only takes a couple whales joining the party, we don't need "Mass adoption" to hit 6 figures per coin.

i fully agree, it was never a problem of adoption, it's a problem of having whales in the market, not just holders and traders that want to be pro by playing with random bot

None from suggested speculated prices seems impossible.  Just imagine the price per bitcoin when millions of new bitcoiners will want to buy some.  Price will be astronomical.

mmh i don't know such price scenario seems still unreal to me, many would be rich with that price(100k), they would dump for sure, causing another tremendous crash

also faucets would be fucking profitable, they will start to reward you only 1 satoshi per hour..
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:47:37 PM

When the next Bull market finally starts, people will discuss $100,000 to $1 Million+ per BTC and be taken seriously. I think ~$5,000 is not too crazy within a year or two.

Bitcoin seems useful for sending/receiving larger amounts of money, but with the 50,000 satoshi price to send, it isn't as useful for smaller transactions. I don't know, it charges me 50k satoshi.

FYI:
Fees are 0.0001 BTC (10,000 Satoshi, unless there was a change that I don't know about), which is currently equal to ~2.4 cents, so the fees are fine for "small" transactions, but not micro-payments.

hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:18:28 AM

Not pretty sure and confident that I will be the new wealthy elite, gentleman as the future is full of uncertainties and looking at the present bitcoin value doesn't guarantee that it would regain its value in future period of time. So fingers are crossed right now but lets hope for the best.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:42:08 AM

It all depends on the long term adoption and usefulness of bitcoin.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 01:53:34 AM

Not pretty sure and confident that I will be the new wealthy elite, gentleman as the future is full of uncertainties and looking at the present bitcoin value doesn't guarantee that it would regain its value in future period of time. So fingers are crossed right now but lets hope for the best.

This thread has made it through many roller coaster prices increases and dips, so I'm sure it will still be here for the next rally...it just may not be for awhile
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:10:19 PM

Well believing in crypto is the most important conditions.

So let us all believe we ll be rich.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:19:15 PM

yeeaaah now I have believed in crypto and this will make me rich.
and now I just hope to crypto  Smiley

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 01:38:19 PM

Let us found the Church of Crypto Coins (CCC)  Grin
Well, I think if cryptos will be a widely spread payment option sometime, many of the early members (and it's still early time of crypto coins) will become rich.

flyingplows

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:01:24 PM

I am holding a significant part of PayCon[CON] so I'm already future rich. And in the crypto elite by now also. My long term goal is to become richer than a known super scammer Homero Ganza*. But I'm getting rich the legit way - just by hodling next gen assets Tongue

* Homero Ganza is infamous scammer who Paycoinedtm his brainwashed hashtards by promising 20$ floor and premined almost all the coins which he later dumped into his believers and the floor never happened.

jertsy

Activity: 341

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:09:31 PM

I am holding a significant part of PayCon[CON] so I'm already future rich. And in the crypto elite by now also. My long term goal is to become richer than a known super scammer Homero Ganza*. But I'm getting rich the legit way - just by hodling next gen assets Tongue

* Homero Ganza is infamous scammer who Paycoinedtm his brainwashed hashtards by promising 20$ floor and premined almost all the coins which he later dumped into his believers and the floor never happened.

Did anyone ever find out how much he made out of it? I never managed to find out how many coins he sold to people for $20 each.
flyingplows

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:13:18 PM

Did anyone ever find out how much he made out of it? I never managed to find out how many coins he sold to people for $20 each.

According to Homero he did not earned anything in gaw, like all he got he put into failed Paycoin projects, but he is lying of course, cause it's all he does... I guess we'll never find out exactly, because he might have dumped coins on multiple anonymous accounts on exchanges...

louise123

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:47:56 AM

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

I am guessing the OP knew what he was talking about.

Does anybody know who this anonymous person is?

And, I am quite surprised that this thread is still going from 2011  Shocked Shocked

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:30:32 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2015, 11:23:46 AM by findftp

And, I am quite surprised that this thread is still going from 2011  Shocked Shocked

This thread will be quoted in 2040 as well.
Just like this quote which says it will happen.
What the fuck, I might quote myself in 25 years if I'm still alive.
louise123

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:37:27 AM

And, I am quite surprised that this thread is still going from 2011  Shocked Shocked

This thread will be quoted in 2040 as well.
Just like this quote which says it will happen.
What the fuck, I might quote myself in 25 years if I'm still alive.

Well, then I hope that in 25 years from now you will learn how to quote properly  Tongue
LOL!

Just kidding......
or not  Tongue

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
alch1mista

Activity: 455
Merit: 251

blockchain longa, vita brevis

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:45:21 AM

Let us found the Church of Crypto Coins (CCC)  Grin
Well, I think if cryptos will be a widely spread payment option sometime, many of the early members (and it's still early time of crypto coins) will become rich.

If bitcoin becomes a religion, then it will be tax free, right? At least in the states Wink

Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: