Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:40:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631774 times)
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:51:47 AM

I wouldn't say that some average Bitcoin user is part of elite, especialy not the wealthy one. This term might refer to early adopters and some who hold maybe more than 50 Bitcoins at the moment. Besides Bitcoin wasn't made with purpose to be part of any kind of elite, at least I beleive so.

Even if you are holding BTC50, it doesn't makes you rich as per the standard definition. BTC50 is worth close to $140,000 as per the latest exchange rates. To become a High Net Worth (HNW) individual, you needs a total net worth of at least $1,000,000 or around BTC357 in Bitcoins.
That is if you are leaving in a wealthy country but in our country having at least 10 btc can be consider as richness already but like what many people said here this thread was open since 2011 and those who wait and hold their btc are now consider as elite people and already change up their lifestyle.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:24:01 AM

I couldn't think of a better place to post this and I think it's fitting here. I just sold my stash of 6 years at $2,200. I just couldn't stand to wait any longer and I'm not greedy. Bitcoin definitely made me rich (not really rich elite but rich enough for me). Everything I own is paid off (houses, cars, Horizon 350 Four Winns boat - everything). I have everything I want and more. Hookers and beer for the rest of my life.

I hope bitcoin goes to a million dollars each and all of you get everything you want. I won't be disappointed if it does (because I kept a couple for a rainy day  Wink ). I'll still be around here to make fun of you when required (maybe not as much as before though). Good luck to you all and don't forget that it's not illegal to sell your coins.

Good riddance ... you were basically an immature idiot from the beginning anyway.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:32:51 AM

I couldn't think of a better place to post this and I think it's fitting here. I just sold my stash of 6 years at $2,200. I just couldn't stand to wait any longer and I'm not greedy. Bitcoin definitely made me rich (not really rich elite but rich enough for me). Everything I own is paid off (houses, cars, Horizon 350 Four Winns boat - everything). I have everything I want and more. Hookers and beer for the rest of my life.

I hope bitcoin goes to a million dollars each and all of you get everything you want. I won't be disappointed if it does (because I kept a couple for a rainy day  Wink ). I'll still be around here to make fun of you when required (maybe not as much as before though). Good luck to you all and don't forget that it's not illegal to sell your coins.

Good riddance ... you were basically an immature idiot from the beginning anyway.

Wonderful bedside manner, Doc.  Roll Eyes

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:39:03 AM

Wonderful bedside manner, Doc.  Roll Eyes

Calling it like I sees it, some people like to get the straight oil from their 'Doc'.

Guy was complete troll/tool who expounded well outside what his intelligence or understanding ever warranted.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:14:41 AM

Are you currently putting all your money into bitcoin?  If you say this, you show you believe it by your actions.  I am putting all my money into bitcoin - I see a possibility of $50-$100+ per coin this year.  Just think, once the "bankers" and hedge funds find out about this, we are going to the moon.  Once my bitcoins are $1,000+ I will be able to pay off my growing college loans and maybe get an apartment, and my first car Smiley
After 6 six years of waiting ,this man is already a millionaire with apartments  and a luxury car. Am i right?
Your one example that if you believe ,your price could be so great.
i think six years are not such a long for becoming millionaire people worked day and night but cannot make such a big amount of money in six years. i am pretty confident that if a person will invest in bitcoin right now he will also become millionaire in next few yeas. as bitcoin is still giving chance to people to become rich.

Price discovery is only starting, if you are on this forum already you are still  earlier than 99.9%  of the population....
Important People will really take notice when we break 10k and after that the real money will be loaded in....
Buckle up, this is Motherfuckein Gentlemen....  Cool
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:19:57 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 06:30:20 AM by Soros Shorts

That's right, even if one is a holder, it's a good idea to give oneself some gratification with small amounts once in a while to enjoy the ride, such as purchasing games on Steam.

LOL at the thought of wealthy elite buying games from steam.

Think a little bigger   Cheesy.

On the topic of selling, colleagues at work are starting to beg me to sell them some coins after they'very had a hard time dealing with the red tape trying to open accounts at places like Coinbase. I've gladly obliged selling them scraps left behind in old wallets that I'd last used in 2011, 2012.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:16:25 AM

I wouldn't say that some average Bitcoin user is part of elite, especialy not the wealthy one. This term might refer to early adopters and some who hold maybe more than 50 Bitcoins at the moment. Besides Bitcoin wasn't made with purpose to be part of any kind of elite, at least I beleive so.

I agree here, I would even say that even in the future to really be in the elite, you would still need several hundred if not thousands of BTC. I don't know what most people's opinion on wealth, but if you're supporting a family of more than just yourself and a significant other, in my opinion you need a net worth well into the high millions to be "elite" if that is really what you are after.

That being said, I still believe that anyone with 50+ should have a pretty nice nest egg if you just ride the highs and lows for years to come
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:11:05 AM

To think that not so long ago I was paid 50 BTC for two hours of work.

This stuff was posted 2011.. 50Bitcoin? Incredibly stuff. I see Ethereum going thesame way and even surpassing Bitcoin. Man, what a strange forum
RichyB

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:15:32 AM

What's also interesting to imagine is what kind of things crypto millionaires will spend their fortunes. Probably good opportunity for unusual many businesses as disposal income in BTC may lead to weirdest trends Human have ever seen.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:17:42 AM

To think that not so long ago I was paid 50 BTC for two hours of work.

This stuff was posted 2011.. 50Bitcoin? Incredibly stuff. I see Ethereum going thesame way and even surpassing Bitcoin. Man, what a strange forum
I have heard that in that year you could buy a pizza per 10k Bitcoins. People who putted big hopes on bitcoin and store it today must be the true wealthy elite  Cheesy
ppaul15

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:29:59 AM

There can be more than one cryptocurrecy in the event that they utilize distinctive verification of work. This is one of the focuses  was attempting to make. He was correct, I wasn't right. This is the reason I didn't anticipate the ascent of litecoin. Nonetheless, for mental reasons I trust bitcoin will dependably be the gold to litecoin's silver.Speculating on bitcoin in light of the fact that you trust the cost will rise produces riches, and does not only speak to a riches exchange, for the reasons Terpie was contending - it flags that others should investigate. They advantage from this on the grounds that bitcoin really is the fate of cash.
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:28:51 AM

I agree here, I would even say that even in the future to really be in the elite, you would still need several hundred if not thousands of BTC. I don't know what most people's opinion on wealth, but if you're supporting a family of more than just yourself and a significant other, in my opinion you need a net worth well into the high millions to be "elite" if that is really what you are after.

That being said, I still believe that anyone with 50+ should have a pretty nice nest egg if you just ride the highs and lows for years to come
i think earning 50+ is not such an easy take. to me i am earning bitcoin on a regular bases and i am sure that bitcoin will continue supporting me even in future. so do not think i need to earn 50+ in bulks.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:40:01 PM

Hookers and beer for the rest of your life.  Winning.  Haha!   Being debt free is probably one of the best feelings in the world, so congrats on that...definitely can't say anything bad about cashing out when the time was right for you.  Maybe you can 1031 exchange a home so that you can move next to Charlie Sheen.   
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:44:48 PM

i think earning 50+ is not such an easy take. to me i am earning bitcoin on a regular bases and i am sure that bitcoin will continue supporting me even in future. so do not think i need to earn 50+ in bulks.

I think you meant "task" not "take" right?  Yeah, I didn't say that it would be easy...but nothing in life that is worth anything monetarily (or sentimental) comes easy.  If you REALLY believe in bitcoin and/or other crypto currencies, you should be putting a portion of each paycheck into it, as you would with any other 401k or IRA or retirement instrument.   

What I was getting at, is I think "elite" has a different meaning for everyone.   For some, it may just mean owning a home free and clear, with a good family, and a couple nice cars, and no debt.   To others, elite means Floyd Money Mayweather. 

Me personally, I really believe in bitcoin and the way that it can literally change the banking world (because I work in that industry), so  I try to put any disposable income into that I have. 
hawthelegend

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:10:26 AM

Well, i dont think it should be seen that way. Coz not all people using bitcoins are really into it just for the purpose of profit. Many use it just to make their lives easier. Or they just love the technology. Or maybe its just because they want a piece of the new thing and stay on the trend. Plus, others migut want profit but are not able to provide something to invest. Either financially or with skills. So i think its not a good idea to look at the people who adapted early to bitcoins the new wealthy elite. Plus you need a bunch of bitcoins to even be on the bottom of the elite lol
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 10:31:56 AM

Well, i dont think it should be seen that way. Coz not all people using bitcoins are really into it just for the purpose of profit. Many use it just to make their lives easier. Or they just love the technology. ...

2012 called, it wants its memes back.

Bitcoin is no longer new and what's more, it became very impractical to use (slow and expensive), so it hardly makes anything easier for anyone.
In the current shape, Bitcoin is only good for speculative holding, so either for profit or at least as store of value. This will have to change, one way or another, or it will get replaced.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2338
Merit: 338

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:07:28 AM

The person that will get rich with this kind of currency is those who got a lot of bitcoins in their wallet and if you have a lot of bitcoins in your wallet then you can be one of the newest wealthy elite in the whole bitcoin community and it cost either hard work or a lot of money and you are the one who will choose which is your type of payment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 01:58:20 PM

Well, i dont think it should be seen that way. Coz not all people using bitcoins are really into it just for the purpose of profit. Many use it just to make their lives easier. Or they just love the technology. ...

2012 called, it wants its memes back.

Bitcoin is no longer new and what's more, it became very impractical to use (slow and expensive), so it hardly makes anything easier for anyone.
In the current shape, Bitcoin is only good for speculative holding, so either for profit or at least as store of value. This will have to change, one way or another, or it will get replaced.

btc's real utility atm is a store of value, settlement layer and trading pair.

ETH could take this though. Perhaps theres room for both

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist. B.Engineering/B.Laws

https://www.binance.com/?ref=10062065
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:17:41 PM

"at the moment"... but that is a dangerous place to be in... if there's not something else creating demand (payment system functionality),
then store of value can start looking like tulips anytime.  Bitcoin isn't the only large public ledger.

We need to get back to a useable payment system.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:00:14 AM

"at the moment"... but that is a dangerous place to be in... if there's not something else creating demand (payment system functionality),
then store of value can start looking like tulips anytime.  Bitcoin isn't the only large public ledger.

We need to get back to a useable payment system.

Most people don't own lots of gold or diamonds or property either, btc will still be used for all the same advantages for the people who can afford it but unfortunately that will rule out the third world nations and probably coffee payments...

To move x million dollars from around the world will always be worth the fee to some people.....

litecoin would be more suited to the micro txs like buying coffee.... BlockChains will be linked eventually anyway so I think it will be possible to do atomic swaps without the need of an exchange...
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: