Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:30:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ESHOP launched] Trezor: Bitcoin hardware wallet  (Read 965799 times)
stick

Activity: 441
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:56:24 PM

I AM TROLLING?

I'm glad you posted the screenshot, so I don't have to do it and anyone can see that:

a) we always responded within 24 hours timeframe
b) I told you that you can check if the transaction was broadcasted on blockchain.info
c) you never told us what is this problematic transaction that holds your business, otherwise we would check it for you on blockchain.info if you are not capable of doing it by yourself
d) you are demanding a fix (not an answer, but A FIX!) after 48 hours which is ridiculous -- even the biggest IT companies like Apple, Microsoft, Google can't and won't provide this kind of support to their end costumers
e) you are putting off the solution because 2 of 3 developers have to debunk your accusations on the forum instead of working on the problem

FWIW This is my last post on this topic here as I am putting you on my ignore list to protect my mental health. I am sure most of the people that will read your posts will do the same. I will leave the communication with you to our support team which is still learning but is already very capable at handling difficult individuals.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:03:44 PM

I am going on 36 hours waiting to see if they are going to fix my balance, as well as if my transaction that is signed is going to be broadcasted.

This isn't any problem of Trezor itself, rather, as stick said, mytrezor cannot deal (yet) with this specific non-standard transaction.

If you hurry with your transaction, you can give a try to Electrum, which has finally Trezor support. There's quite a good chance that the transaction will go thru there.

I believe that gweedo is able to send btc to his client via other means. He is just concerned than the original transaction may still get broadcasted (double spend), but that can be easily prevented. You just need to resend the money spent in your dangling unbroadcasted transaction. Then the dangling transaction cannot be accepted anymore thus the doublespend is avoided and everybody is happy.

Edit: It might not be so simple if the transaction history is broken because of the issue stick talks about above. I'd like to hear when and how this resolves.

Also trezor support can't you not insult your customers... It is very rude and unprofessional.

Dear gweedo, if you are referring to me calling you retarded than I want it to be noted that I'm not a Trezor support guy and I'm in no contract relationship with satoshilabs. So it's not "trezor support insulting customers". I understand that you have your balance blocked and that is frustrating. And it also seems that I misunderstood the problem, so please accept my apology for being rude. Even though I have no obligation to you, because you are not my customer.

I was clearly referring to slush and the support ticket I opened about 3 days ago.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:05:30 PM

Just for information, I just successfully received and send litecoins to TREZOR using current Electrum-ltc and this pull request: https://github.com/pooler/electrum-ltc/pull/13

It's trivial change, so hopefully they accept it pretty soon. The good thing is that you can use the same seed as for BTC/myTREZOR, no special setup is required...

So we'll be able to use the Trezor to essentially "store" both Bitcoin and Litecoin in the future?

stick

Activity: 441
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:08:33 PM

So we'll be able to use the Trezor to essentially "store" both Bitcoin and Litecoin in the future?

Yes. Actually it's already possible (and Namecoin and Dogecoin too)! What is lagging is the infrastructure of these altcoins (namely they are missing good block explorers/indexers such as Bits of Proof server).

slush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 11:09:25 PM

Not in the future, that's something what's built into TREZOR since beginning. There just was no UI for Litecoin yet, but it changes with Electrum-LTC...

And yes, thanks to BIP32/BIP44, one seed can contain unlimited count of altcoins, so you can store all your cryptocurrencies on one TREZOR.

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:11:38 PM

Yes. Actually it's already possible (and Namecoin and Dogecoin too)! What is lagging is the infrastructure of these altcoins (namely they are missing good block explorers/indexers such as Bits of Proof server).

Hmm, is there a guide that shows how I'd go about setting that up?
Thanks in advance!

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:12:13 PM

I AM TROLLING?

I'm glad you posted the screenshot, so I don't have to do it and anyone can see that:

b) I told you that you can check if the transaction was broadcasted on blockchain.info
c) you never told us what is this problematic transaction that holds your business, otherwise we would check it for you on blockchain.info if you are not capable of doing it by yourself
d) you are demanding a fix (not an answer, but A FIX!) after 48 hours which is ridiculous -- even the biggest IT companies like Apple, Microsoft, Google can't and won't provide this kind of support to their end costumers
e) you are putting off the solution because 2 of 3 developers have to debunk your accusations on the forum instead of working on the problem

FWIW This is my last post on this topic here as I am putting you on my ignore list to protect my mental health. I am sure most of the people that will read your posts will do the same. I will leave the communication with you to our support team which is still learning but is already very capable at handling difficult individuals.

A) 14 hours is not a good time frame when you have such a small user base. As well as I posted the EXACT line and error which should be a quick fix sorry but transaction parser in javascript isn't that hard.

B) I have been checking but how do I know if the transaction will/will not be broadcasted after the problem is solved? That is the whole question which I still have gotten an answer. Also Slush was recommending that I use a program, that doesn't even support trezor at all.

C) I have actually mentioned it many times, but what does business transactions have over regular stuck transactions there should be no difference.

D) I can call apple microsoft and get a straight answer. Also this isn't a bug it is pure laziness.

E) I am not putting off any solution, the solution was to use a program that doesn't stable support trezor. That is horrible service sorry.

Thanks for putting me on your ignore list as this shows that you can't answer my question and response. Also your support is very unprofessional and rude. I want my situation taken care of now, since my reputation IS AT STAKE, but I guess that means nothing to you.

I also not removing my trust feedback from any accounts that are associated with trezor as I am clearly seen they need to plan better and NOT DO LAZY coding.
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 11:16:09 PM

As well as I posted the EXACT line and error which should be a quick fix sorry but transaction parser in javascript isn't that hard.

https://github.com/trezor/webwallet

Pull requests are welcome

Bottom line: It seems that the bug is in bitcoin.js library, which is not ours, which makes the fix much more complicated that it seems to be.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:24:20 PM

As well as I posted the EXACT line and error which should be a quick fix sorry but transaction parser in javascript isn't that hard.

https://github.com/trezor/webwallet

Pull requests are welcome

Bottom line: It seems that the bug is in bitcoin.js library, which is not our, which makes the fix much more complicated that it seems to be.

Pay me $250 an hour and I will gladly add it. Sorry I don't work for free Wink
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 11:25:24 PM

You said its quick fix. I'll give you $100 in bitcoin for pull request fixing it.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:32:37 PM

If it continues to delaminate than it could become a problem very quickly.

There was a problem in one batch of displays which we unfortunately did not recognized on output control. As it was stated earlier, if your unit is affected by this problem, please write to support@bitcointrezor.com and we'll replace your TREZOR for free...

Thanks.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
kkurtmann

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 11:35:31 PM

You said its quick fix. I'll give you $100 in bitcoin for pull request fixing it.

good call! this supercoder needs compensation for his quick fix

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
instagibbs

Activity: 114
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:39:32 PM

If it's tanking your business it's in your self interest to fix it for "free". Just sayin'  Wink
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:02:16 AM

If it's tanking your business it's in your self interest to fix it for "free". Just sayin'  Wink

Not really this is kinda why I paid for this device, so they would handle all that. If I wanted to do this myself I would build my own hardware wallet.

I am looking into it but I am not setting up a dev environment. I just don't have the time. I have actually been using bitcoinjs so I will for sure be passing in this into that and looking. I doubt this since they have pretty good test at bitcoinjs.
klokan

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:03:43 AM

I AM TROLLING?

A) 14 hours is not a good time frame when you have such a small user base. As well as I posted the EXACT line and error which should be a quick fix sorry but transaction parser in javascript isn't that hard.

B) I have been checking but how do I know if the transaction will/will not be broadcasted after the problem is solved? That is the whole question which I still have gotten an answer. Also Slush was recommending that I use a program, that doesn't even support trezor at all.

C) I have actually mentioned it many times, but what does business transactions have over regular stuck transactions there should be no difference.

D) I can call apple microsoft and get a straight answer. Also this isn't a bug it is pure laziness.

E) I am not putting off any solution, the solution was to use a program that doesn't stable support trezor. That is horrible service sorry.

Thanks for putting me on your ignore list as this shows that you can't answer my question and response. Also your support is very unprofessional and rude. I want my situation taken care of now, since my reputation IS AT STAKE, but I guess that means nothing to you.

I also not removing my trust feedback from any accounts that are associated with trezor as I am clearly seen they need to plan better and NOT DO LAZY coding.

A) You claim you are a software developer. You should know that you are just wrong. Bug fixing time does not depend on how simple it seems to somebody, or whether you know the line, where the bug is. It depends on how difficult the fix is. Now you have the opportunity to fix this small bug yourself for 100USD. Grab it.
B) You can check if it was broadcasted. If it was you may be sure, it will not be re-broadcasted. If it was not broadcasted, then your single choice to "prevent" it is to spend BTC from that particular address. You can do that on Trezor by simply sending ALL your BTC from that particular account to a new address. That is, of course, provided your transaction history is not broken. Thus there is perfect chance to fix A) and claim a double-win for you.
C) You want your answer for problem B) but you never answered which particular transaction is in question. If you request answers about a transaction, but you don't say about which one, then nobody can answer you.
D) If you find error in Win (and I'm sure there are still plenty, you are just not so lucky to find one) then I would like to see how the communication with the Win support would go.
E) Let me remind you, that what you have bought is a device that works fine. What does not work for you is the web wallet. The disclaimer on the page says: "MyTrezor is a FREE service provided for Trezor owners." You did not pay anything for the web wallet. If you wanted to have support for the wallet, you should have waited for a company that would sell you wallet with Trezor support with a support. You are demanding support for something you get for free and you are yelling at people about it. That's not a good way to achieve something.
klokan

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:18:10 AM

The difficulty of fixing an unknown script transaction in js does not depend on whether you know the line of error. It depends on how difficult is to handle such transaction. It might be the case that handling it would involve design changes and fix won't be out there for weeks. It also depends on the amount of documentation about this particular transaction type. If you don't know what kind of beast it is, you cannot add handling for it. So please refrain for commenting about how difficult it is, because you know shit about it.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:22:30 AM

Bitcoinjs-lib 0.2.0 deserializes the transaction hex perfectly and I just tested it. I don't know what version you are running but I suggest using that version.
kkurtmann

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 12:27:09 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 01:40:49 AM by kkurtmann

just got my trezor today from first day of eshop launch. it took exactly 2 times as long to deliver than the preorder one I got, from start of delivery to delivered.

edit: also, it is as awesome as I had imagined.
...and the dents on the buttons are good to distinguish between the two devices, as they are on opposite sides :/

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:27:18 AM

Glad to know this is how the trezor people conduct business when confronted with a serious problem. Extremely rude and unprofessional.

Do you guys not get it? You built something that allows the transfer and storage of money, when you have an issue, patients isn't going to last forever. Get use to it if you are going to be conducting business in this manner.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:54:20 AM

Slush is there any plan to release another metal version and if so, when and for what approximate price? Also how close are the android developers to incorporating the Trezor? And can you tell us what android wallets you are currently working with?

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: