Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:23:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ESHOP launched] Trezor: Bitcoin hardware wallet  (Read 965790 times)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:11:18 PM

Is there are thread on here that discusses the use of this wallet?  There is no trezor forum or anything like that, right?   I purchased one (and I am waiting for it to arrive), but I am anticipating having some questions about using it.   I literally don't know anyone else personally that uses BTC or Trezor...

there's a User manual, we are still working on it but it describes the main features and usage already:
http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-user/index.html

some few FAQ's - will be added
http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-faq/index.html

a new trezor subreddit where you can get fast answers as well
http://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/

+ you can ask here, no problem

or contact our support anytime support@bitcointrezor.com

Thanks, I appreciate it.   It works with all of the bitcoin clients or do I have to use a specific wallet i.e. Bitcoin Core, electrum, etc?

Sorry to hijack the thread

Only works with the website atm: mytrezor.com

will soon work with electrum, armory and multibit (iirc)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cor

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:16:29 PM

Is there are thread on here that discusses the use of this wallet?  There is no trezor forum or anything like that, right?   I purchased one (and I am waiting for it to arrive), but I am anticipating having some questions about using it.   I literally don't know anyone else personally that uses BTC or Trezor...

there's a User manual, we are still working on it but it describes the main features and usage already:

Thanks, I appreciate it.   It works with all of the bitcoin clients or do I have to use a specific wallet i.e. Bitcoin Core, electrum, etc?

this is a copypaste from slush's reply on http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2cf6z7/buytrezorcom_trezor_now_available_for_purchase/

What wallets support Trezor?
  • myTREZOR (our login-free web wallet)
  • Electrum (currently there's Electrum fork, but devs confirmed that they'll accept it to Electrum's mainline).
  • Multibit HD confirmed their work, they already have some integration done.
  • Armory devs confirmed their work on Trezor integration
  • GreenAddress.it has already some integration done (see https://twitter.com/GreenAddress/status/479939415088062464)
  • Wallet32 Andoid app confirmed their work on Trezor integration
  • Blockchain.info raised their interest in Trezor as well, although we're in early stage there.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:31:02 PM

Is there are thread on here that discusses the use of this wallet?  There is no trezor forum or anything like that, right?   I purchased one (and I am waiting for it to arrive), but I am anticipating having some questions about using it.   I literally don't know anyone else personally that uses BTC or Trezor...

Only works with the website atm: mytrezor.com

will soon work with electrum, armory and multibit (iirc)

ok cool...I guess I will use mytrezor.com...I need to start a new couple wallets anyway...
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:32:43 PM

Do you guys have an estimate about how long shipping to Florida should take?

grau

Activity: 836
Merit: 1021

bits of proof

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:54:19 PM

• Electrum (currently there's Electrum fork, but devs confirmed that they'll accept it to Electrum's mainline).
  • GreenAddress.it has already some integration done (see https://twitter.com/GreenAddress/status/479939415088062464)
  • Blockchain.info raised their interest in Trezor as well, although we're in early stage there.

Just for the records: myTREZOR is enabled by Bits of Proof, beating them all by at least a half a year and counting.
cor

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 07:03:21 PM

Just for the records: myTREZOR is enabled by Bits of Proof, beating them all by at least a half a year and counting.

credit well deserved: BoP does all the miracle of showing your transactions in mytrezor and transmitting the signed tx to the blockchain.
thx BudaPest Smiley

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:13:16 PM

I asked this question ages ago but i dont think anyone ever responded to it. I think its still a good question so ill ask again.

To make an analogy. If trezor is a male condom, have you guys put any thought into developing a female condom? That is to say, people who use a trezor are completely safe from having their bitcoins stolen, but what about the risk to the merchant when you plug your trezor into his system? Have you put any thought into developing a devise for merchants that would allow customers to plug their trezor into the merchants system with out any risk of a fake trezor compromising the merchant's security?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:18:41 PM

I asked this question ages ago but i dont think anyone ever responded to it. I think its still a good question so ill ask again.

To make an analogy. If trezor is a male condom, have you guys put any thought into developing a female condom? That is to say, people who use a trezor are completely safe from having their bitcoins stolen, but what about the risk to the merchant when you plug your trezor into his system? Have you put any thought into developing a devise for merchants that would allow customers to plug their trezor into the merchants system with out any risk of a fake trezor compromising the merchant's security?

I don't think trezor is for POS terminals. Atleast that is how I understand it.

This spot for rent.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:26:19 PM

Well as it is no. That would be way to much risk to the terminals to plug god knows what into their systems. But with such a devise as was described above, they could be.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:27:57 PM

Well as it is no. That would be way to much risk to the terminals to plug god knows what into their systems. But with such a devise as was described above, they could be.

Could be implemented yes, but do you really think TREZOR will reach such an adoption that it will be neccessary?

This spot for rent.
klokan

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:34:02 PM

Keeping the Trezor interface simple (which it is now) is the best tool for merchant protection. It allows them to easily verify all the messages the connected device is sending to them. You can't do much more than that. That is of course, unless you want to work on your own POS terminal and sell them the entire solution.

It seems to me, that the Trezor team's priority for now is to get in the business of secure authentication and message encryption and not into the POS terminal business.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:36:57 PM

Could be implemented yes, but do you really think TREZOR will reach such an adoption that it will be neccessary?

Hard to say. Clearly it is not the case that it would be worth it now. Im just wondering if its on their radar.

It would be even easier than say credit cards. If you had one that was more analogous to your wallet than your savings account you could run it without a pin. Then you could just stick the trezor in a slot and press send if the amount was correct. It could literally be accomplished from start to finish in 2 seconds. Then you add to that all of the other advantages of bitcoin over credit cards. It could really illustrate the value proposition of bitcoin.

DannyElfman

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:38:39 PM

Hard to say. Clearly it is not the case that it would be worth it now. Im just wondering if its on their radar.

It would be even easier than say credit cards. If you had one that was more analogous to your wallet than your savings account you could run it without a pin. Then you could just stick the trezor in a slot and press send if the amount was correct. It could literally be accomplished from start to finish in 2 seconds. Then you add to that all of the other advantages of bitcoin over credit cards. It could really illustrate the value proposition of bitcoin.

You would still need the PIN code. Don't really know if this would be faster.

Interesting nontheless.

This spot for rent.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:52:13 PM

In its current form - no.

but 5 years down the road, an RFID version would be entirely acceptable using a slightly different protocol than the in/out of USB

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:58:04 PM

but 5 years down the road, an RFID version would be entirely acceptable using a slightly different protocol than the in/out of USB

Sounds better, but then we will even more need the PIN or PW, because of obvious reasons Wink

TREZOR 2.0 would then need some kind of num pad

This spot for rent.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:09:07 PM

Sounds better, but then we will even more need the PIN or PW, because of obvious reasons Wink

There is no clear reason to need a pin if we are not talking about huge amounts of money. I mean I dont have to enter a pin to hand someone cash. None the less i have never yet had cash stolen from me.

DannyElfman

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:19:22 PM

There is no clear reason to need a pin if we are not talking about huge amounts of money. I mean I dont have to enter a pin to hand someone cash. None the less i have never yet had cash stolen from me.

That would be true if there was a mechanism that would prevent repeated charges. Afaik there is none at this moment. So if you find a TREZOR you could not steal much money at once, but with many small charges your could empty it pretty fast.

Correct me if I am wrong.

This spot for rent.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:31:14 PM

That would be true if there was a mechanism that would prevent repeated charges. Afaik there is none at this moment. So if you find a TREZOR you could not steal much money at once, but with many small charges your could empty it pretty fast.

Correct me if I am wrong.

If someone finds your dollar bill laying around on the ground they can spend it. Dollar bills still work just fine. Dont give your trezor to anyone else, problem solved. If you lose it, oh well you only had 100 bucks on it or w/e is the analogue to what you might keep in your regular fiat holding wallet.

DannyElfman

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:09:34 AM

If someone finds your dollar bill laying around on the ground they can spend it. Dollar bills still work just fine. Dont give your trezor to anyone else, problem solved. If you lose it, oh well you only had 100 bucks on it or w/e is the analogue to what you might keep in your regular fiat holding wallet.

You see, here I disagree. Why would anyone buy a trezor for 120 bucks to only carry an average of 100 bucks around. Doesn't sound too practical tbh.

This spot for rent.
kkurtmann

Activity: 475

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 12:47:05 AM

You see, here I disagree. Why would anyone buy a trezor for 120 bucks to only carry an average of 100 bucks around. Doesn't sound too practical tbh.

you are correct. this is not the intended use I believe. if you lose it, your life savings are protected as good as you protect the seed.

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: