Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:57:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ESHOP launched] Trezor: Bitcoin hardware wallet  (Read 965790 times)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 03:47:18 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 04:05:11 PM by BurtW

Right now, if I lost my Trezor (also configured with password protection), I would be unable to access my btc funds at mytrezor until I get a replacement Trezor.

Right now, if anyone loses their Trezor, read this post:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122438.msg7183991#msg7183991

sillywhim:  You can also move your entire wallet to wallet32 and see if it can handle all the dust.  After you have cleaned up the dust and moved your Ponzi streams to another wallet then wipe the Trezor and start over - this time not so much dust.

Once you move your deterministic wallet over to wallet32 remember this:

But let me repeat what Slush posted above: If you import your TREZOR mnemonic into Wallet32 you lose protection that TREZOR offers, because now your phone shares the same private data.

But, after I tested the recovery using wallet32 and moved all the coins I just wiped and reinitialised my Trezor with a new deterministic key sequence.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kuma

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:02:13 PM

Hello,
is there currently any problem with mytrezor.com backend? I can't see my incoming transactions and the worse thing is that I paid some amount via Coinbase and it seems not to be passing although it looks as sent from mytrezor.com.

novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:07:25 AM

Hello,
is there currently any problem with mytrezor.com backend? I can't see my incoming transactions and the worse thing is that I paid some amount via Coinbase and it seems not to be passing although it looks as sent from mytrezor.com.

I'm having some sort of issue as well... a transaction that I sent via MyTrezor isn't showing up on the network.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:57:38 AM

Hello,

I'm having some sort of issue as well... a transaction that I sent via MyTrezor isn't showing up on the network.

Great I probably should have read this before sending a transaction!

Also Slush and Stick, please don't push these transactions out as I paying a bitpay invoice and in ~11 mins it will then be gone and I have to fight up hill to get the refund!

Also a feature would be great is to be able to get the signed hex transaction, then we would be able to push our own transactions and wouldn't have worry about bits of proof not working!
Kuma

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:35:25 AM

Maybe it should be a good idea to put some indicator of problems with backend to the mytrezor.com.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:43:26 AM

Maybe it should be a good idea to put some indicator of problems with backend to the mytrezor.com.

Or maybe get a backend that actually works!
kkurtmann

Activity: 475

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 05:46:49 AM

Hello,

Also Slush and Stick, please don't push these transactions out as I paying a bitpay invoice and in ~11 mins it will then be gone and I have to fight up hill to get the refund!

Also a feature would be great is to be able to get the signed hex transaction, then we would be able to push our own transactions and wouldn't have worry about bits of proof not working!

that would be a great feature, something like what bitwallet does

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:48:48 AM

Hello,

that would be a great feature, something like bitwallet does

It would be, but they will never do it, and claim "It is too complex for the other 99% users that don't know how to push tx".
novusordo

Activity: 800

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:19:09 AM

Hello,

Also paid a BitPay invoice... very annoying.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:31:21 AM

Hello,

Also paid a BitPay invoice... very annoying.

And the web wallet has no signing messages ability so this will take like 500 hours. I hope slush and stick drop all non-sent transactions!
klokan

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:37:57 AM

It would be, but they will never do it, and claim "It is too complex for the other 99% users that don't know how to push tx".

This is not too complex, so I don't think somebody would claim that. But the more important thing is that, unlike other brilliant ideas on this forum, this does not create a security risk and does not enable users to shoot in their leg. (which would be a bad thing for a secure idiotproof device). To sum it up, I expect devs to implement it eventually based on their priorities and the amount of work involved.

edit: So it might be a good idea to e-mail support that it is not working for you and ask for this feature.
slush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 07:28:47 AM

Or maybe get a backend that actually works!

It would be excellent to use backend which actually works, I fully agree Wink.

Backend freezed overnight, I'm very sorry that I did not catch it earlier. Today I'll move backend to another machine, which hopefully fixes most of current issues. I'll let you know, stay tuned!

Blockchain is currently syncing, older transactions should not be propagated, however it is something out of my control right now.

slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 07:30:57 AM

Actually it is possible already. In javascript console (Ctrl+Shift+J in most browsers) there's hex dump of signed transaction when it is prepared to broadcast. Copy&paste to https://blockchain.info/pushtx works.

Of course that it is ugly workaround and I really hope it won't be necessary since we rebuild server side today.

Ninietz

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:41:01 AM

Sounds cool I want one
grau

Activity: 836
Merit: 1021

bits of proof

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 09:55:29 AM

Actually it is possible already. In javascript console (Ctrl+Shift+J in most browsers) there's hex dump of signed transaction when it is prepared to broadcast. Copy&paste to https://blockchain.info/pushtx works.

Of course that it is ugly workaround and I really hope it won't be necessary since we rebuild server side today.

a. there is some near abusive use of the service
b. a configuration change was made yesterday in an attempt to reduce race conditions that lead to problems a few times during last days, this change was not implemented consistently and lead to major disruption tonight. This is now corrected.

Services are back normal now and we work on addressing the race conditions.
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:25:47 PM

Don't you use several backend servers + a load balancer that check service availability on each server ?

Putting more hardware into this problem won't solve anything. We're working on solution which remove deadlock issue in the server. Then one backend is more than enough.

xeroc

Activity: 345

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:48:02 PM

Don't you use several backend servers + a load balancer that check service availability on each server ?

Putting more hardware into this problem won't solve anything. We're working on solution which remove deadlock issue in the server. Then one backend is more than enough.
Solving problems at its' roots .. Nice +5%!
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 02:57:55 PM

We're looking for code reviewers:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/trezor-dev/SVaQbbPIGC0

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:39:12 PM

Well if theirs going to be no details of retail price given then ill go buy elsewhere for $30 retail price for the same product you are offering as seen many different ones about the market and was wanting one of yours  but being as tho cant provide any information to costs for retail to buy now then ill pass on this subject again and maybe come back after another  6 months.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 09:13:45 PM

We really should have the trezor support on other wallet to not relly only on Mytrezor. because if Mytrezor is the only availlable solution, it needs to be reliable and rock solide, with high availability.

We're fully aware of that and we're working on solution (=we're helping others to integrate Trezor to their software). However as I stated before, it usually requires significant changes in existing wallets (BIP32 support), which takes some time.

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: