Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ESHOP launched] Trezor: Bitcoin hardware wallet  (Read 965790 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:01:52 PM

I cant wipe device as it has my proof of all transactions and proof of my BTC losses due to the device.

The transaction history is not stored on the device. That history is reconstructed (using the blockchain) by myTrezor wallet from the devices accounts / addresses. You could theoretically wipe the device and restore from the backed-up seed phrase.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:07:27 PM

Fantastic news I hope as I have the seeds would something like multibit work?

Probably not yet, I'm not sure, though. Depends wether or not they have implemented bip32 hd wallets yet.

I just looked through the faq but couldn't find a description of how to move funds in case a trezor is lost / stolen / broken.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:17:28 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 08:44:56 PM by novusordo

Just got my Trezor.

Was setting it up on myTrezor.com. After entering in the initial pin, I get "Error! string overflow" at the top of the page.

It appears that the buffer limit is 9 characters. If this is simply an issue with the myTrezor site, it'd be nice to get it fixed and have a longer pin. If it's a limitation on the device itself, I hope that proper safeguards have been put in place to avoid buffer overflows with the pin entry.

That aside, excellent job guys!

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:05:30 AM

Fantastic news I hope as I have the seeds would something like multibit work?

regards

You should try to enter your seed in electrum for exemple, that is BIP32 compliant
But does it support BIPS39 with the newer word list?
slush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:43:13 AM

MAJOR ISSUE

First of all, there's no need to panic. No coins are lost, this is probably just small glitch of mytrezor backend which don't see the transaction for some reason. There's "Support" button on myTrezor screen. Please send report there, including log of Javascript console (please press Ctrl+Shift+J in Chrome/Firefox, reload mytrezor page and send us the log) we'll check your issue and we'll fix it.

It's always better to send bug report directly to us instead of bitcointalk, because the email (and support ticket system in near future) is read by dedicated support team. Bitcointalk is read just by us in free time.

slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:47:27 AM

Was setting it up on myTrezor.com. After entering in the initial pin, I get "Error! string overflow" at the top of the page.

Thanks for report, myTrezor should really limit length of pin to 9 characters as it is limit of Trezor itself. It will be fixed in upcoming mytrezor release.

There's actually no need for longer PIN than 9 characters, because repeating numbers in PIN does not improve the security at all.

slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:48:50 AM

You should try to enter your seed in electrum for exemple, that is BIP32 compliant

Unfortunately BIP32 compatiblity is not enough for user-friendly recovery of the funds. Other wallet would need to support BIP44 and BIP39 to be able to see all myTrezor transactions/funds.

It looks like Multibit HD (new version supporting determinstic wallet) might support this, but it is still unreleased.

grau

Activity: 836
Merit: 1021

bits of proof

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 10:12:11 AM

I have had my device a week or two and started using it 2 days ago. MAJOR ISSUE the wallet turned up an error and requests a reload which on press of the button does nothing. I have registered on here so that I may request help from any tech minded guys out there because I have lost BTC! At first I noticed the balances were off and it then came up with a warning to reload. I did and it didnt fix anything. I went to my other account on there and sent 1.23BTC and signed with device etc however the transaction doesnt exist and my funds are gone. Now my first account is now missing a large amount of transaction logs and one
I sent of 10BTC now shows7BTC fortunately that transaction went through fine and I have received the 10 sent but strangely it shows I have sent 7. I have screenshotted what I can and I have done what I can like trying a diff browser, reinstalling plug in and a diff comp no fix. Funds still lost  and I cant wipe device as it has my proof of all transactions and proof of my BTC losses due to the device. If you need the screen shots I have lots and any others if needed but for now the most important one in question which has caused me to loose BTC is this one

13L8JFrkvG3HXmonq76KhBpxmN2xoYfihr

Any help would be greatly appreciated

regards

The Bitcoins are definitely NOT lost, they are certainly accessible with keys of the device.

We seem to have an issue in reporting some transactions, on which we work and will remedy asap.

This is a complex stack of hard and software where glitches of display can arise, but again, not ultimate losses since the keys are deterministic from the seed and they remain in control of all funds even if the display would be temporarily incorrect.
cptkwirk

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:48:03 AM

So an update on my situation. I had already tried electrum with no joy worst is after finally getting annoyed I wiped device then recovered it with the seed and useless wallet in the exact same state. Useless and lost funds
cryptoconomist

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:30:07 PM

Hi all,

Is there a list of softwares / Websites that support Trezor?

How do I add Litecoin?

Also how do I reconstruct my key if I lose my device? Which software can be used to recover it?

the device is great but I'm not going to use it unless I can do a few test and so far I have no idea how to get the key back.

thanks dev

Cryptoconomist
stick

Activity: 441
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:42:32 PM

So an update on my situation. I had already tried electrum with no joy worst is after finally getting annoyed I wiped device then recovered it with the seed and useless wallet in the exact same state. Useless and lost funds

Please wait until the backend is fixed and picks up your transaction ... There's nothing to worry about, coins are yours, they are just not showing in the user interface.

cptkwirk

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:44:18 PM

I have had my device a week or two and started using it 2 days ago. MAJOR ISSUE the wallet turned up an error and requests a reload which on press of the button does nothing. I have registered on here so that I may request help from any tech minded guys out there because I have lost BTC! At first I noticed the balances were off and it then came up with a warning to reload. I did and it didnt fix anything. I went to my other account on there and sent 1.23BTC and signed with device etc however the transaction doesnt exist and my funds are gone. Now my first account is now missing a large amount of transaction logs and one
I sent of 10BTC now shows7BTC fortunately that transaction went through fine and I have received the 10 sent but strangely it shows I have sent 7. I have screenshotted what I can and I have done what I can like trying a diff browser, reinstalling plug in and a diff comp no fix. Funds still lost  and I cant wipe device as it has my proof of all transactions and proof of my BTC losses due to the device. If you need the screen shots I have lots and any others if needed but for now the most important one in question which has caused me to loose BTC is this one

13L8JFrkvG3HXmonq76KhBpxmN2xoYfihr

http://i57.tinypic.com/29ngu4m.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated

regards

The Bitcoins are definitely NOT lost, they are certainly accessible with keys of the device.

We seem to have an issue in reporting some transactions, on which we work and will remedy asap.

This is a complex stack of hard and software where glitches of display can arise, but again, not ultimate losses since the keys are deterministic from the seed and they remain in control of all funds even if the display would be temporarily incorrect.

That is fantastic news to hear I patiently await a solution from support th for getting back to me
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 12:51:05 PM

Is there a list of softwares / Websites that support Trezor?

https://github.com/trezor/documentation/wiki/Client-Support

Currently only myTREZOR supports Trezor, but Multibit HD, Armory, Electrum and Litecoin-qt plans some support soon. AFAIK also blockchain.info and greenaddress.it have some plans, but nothing has been done yet.

Trezor is completely new kind of device, so it will take some time until 3rd party software will adopt it. For example none of mentioned clients have support for BIP32, although that standard is there for more than two years. BIP32 support is however required for Trezor.

How do I add Litecoin?

Ask Litecoin devs for adding Trezor support into their client. They already have Trezor in their hands :-).

Also how do I reconstruct my key if I lose my device? Which software can be used to recover it?

There's python-trezor library (https://github.com/trezor/python-trezor) which can talk with Trezor and with some manual effort it is possible to use that library for sending coins out of the device. There're unit tests demonstrating how it works.

Theoretically any BIP32 compatible client will work for recovering funds, again with some manual effort (like converting recovery seed to BIP32 master manually).

However for comfortable (automatic) recovery of funds, other client need to support BIP39 (to load recovery seed into the client) and BIP44 (to see all transactions and balance). They'll come sooner or later.

cryptoconomist

Activity: 226

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 12:56:59 PM

tks

let me rephrase one of my question:

Will Mytrezor web wallet add Litecoin?

slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 01:15:40 PM

Will Mytrezor web wallet add Litecoin?

Yes, in the future, although it's not a top priority at the moment.

queptiv

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:33:18 PM

this should be plug and play into other altcoins

not your fault, just in general
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 02:14:06 PM

this should be plug and play into other altcoins

Actually there's nothing needed from Trezor side for altcoin support. At least LTC is supported out of the box and other altcoins are matter of few lines. Ask your favourite altcoin devs to add Trezor support to their clients :-).

novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:52:00 PM

I have to say, I'm quite impressed with the Trezor so far. It's extremely simple to use. Explaining how to use it to family and friends who are less technically-inclined than the average bitcoinaut actually seems within reach.

I thought at first I would dislike the myTrezor wallet, but its accessibility (able to use from any machine) and its simplicity is wonderful. Waiting for a while to store any significant amount of funds on the Trezor is a good idea, to ensure that bugs get eradicated. Keeping only spending cash on it for now, at least until Multibit HD is released with Trezor support.

No regrets as far as paying 3 BTC for one. It's worth every satoshi to have supported the launch of one of the most important devices in Bitcoin.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
stick

Activity: 441
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:15:56 PM

I have to say, I'm quite impressed with the Trezor so far. It's extremely simple to use. Explaining how to use it to family and friends who are less technically-inclined than the average bitcoinaut actually seems within reach.

I thought at first I would dislike the myTrezor wallet, but its accessibility (able to use from any machine) and its simplicity is wonderful. Waiting for a while to store any significant amount of funds on the Trezor is a good idea, to ensure that bugs get eradicated. Keeping only spending cash on it for now, at least until Multibit HD is released with Trezor support.

No regrets as far as paying 3 BTC for one. It's worth every satoshi to have supported the launch of one of the most important devices in Bitcoin.

Wow! Thank you very much novusordo. Posts like this are reassuring that we are really doing the right thing and are a great motivation for us!

cor

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 05:26:24 PM

made my day, thx!  Kiss

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: