May 02, 2024, 09:55:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843551 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:33:34 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 03:49:33 AM by fosco333

voted
scrypt, x17, prime, lyra2rev2, quark
 Cool

I don't like quark centralized big farms located in China. I'm going to start sharing some of the dirty stuff I figured out is taking place in Chinese exchanges and mining soon. Avoid Quark!

Chinese farms have been stealing electricity from state grid for a long time worse even state grid is taking a blind look to it because there's a very friendly relationship between gov and miners very different from what we read on western news. So basically they are getting free coins and dump for any price that's why sometimes it doesn't make sense the hashrate at some coins.

Exchanges are listing mostly coins which they are big bag holders they don't care how good a coin is they must be bag holders to list it it's happening with most alt coins exchanges in China. Some of those exchanges can be traced to holdings in Cayman Islands among other safe havens.

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fosco333

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:53:46 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 04:04:19 AM by fosco333

I'm starting to dislike Prime now doing some thinking both prime algos are centralized in chinese miners hands and in chinese exchanges hands nothing against that but as I mentioned before  Roll Eyes

The insane hashrate comes from Zhejiang province which is the base also for BTER exchange which btw the real ownership is also traced to Cayman Islands.

Dev could you add either neoscrypt or groestl to this scrypt, x17, lyra2rev2, blake2s option? This way we can have 5 algos option without Quark or Prime which are completely centralized mining. Very exciting seeing how Verge is now positioned as the cream of the crop in cryptos!

mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:20:26 AM

I'm starting to dislike Prime now doing some thinking both prime algos are centralized in chinese miners hands and in chinese exchanges hands nothing against that but as I mentioned before  Roll Eyes

The insane hashrate comes from Zhejiang province which is the base also for BTER exchange which btw the real ownership is also traced to Cayman Islands.

Dev could you add either neoscrypt or groestl to this scrypt, x17, lyra2rev2, blake2s option? This way we can have 5 algos option without Quark or Prime which are completely centralized mining. Very exciting seeing how Verge is now positioned as the cream of the crop in cryptos!

this is really good point, you should consider that!

also implement ban for chinese IPs, lol

This is my signature...
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:23:06 AM

also implement ban for chinese IPs, lol

Wouldn't that go against a large part of what crypto is hoping to accomplish? Additionally if anyone is using TOR or I2P that doesn't help anyway.

{ BitSpill }
myriadcoin

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:37:56 AM

scrypt, blake2s, lyra2re2, neoscrypt, groestl and let's call it a day Cheesy

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:51:05 AM

ok last time im reseting the votes guys, these are the top most popular so far. we'll call it final in 2 days.

get to voting! (seriously, for the last time lol)

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:02:55 AM

ok last time im reseting the votes guys, these are the top most popular so far. we'll call it final in 2 days.

Options #1 and #5 are both "scrypt, x17, lyra2rev2, blake2s"

{ BitSpill }
fosco333

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:11:29 AM

that's correct  Cheesy maybe #1 or #5 is "scrypt, x17, lyra2rev2, blake2s, neoscrypt".

I voted scrypt, x17, lyra2rev2, blake2s, groestl  Smiley

endoffiat

Activity: 203

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:22:04 AM

that's correct  Cheesy maybe #1 or #5 is "scrypt, x17, lyra2rev2, blake2s, neoscrypt".

I voted scrypt, x17, lyra2rev2, blake2s, groestl  Smiley
I voted scrypt, x17, lyra2rev2, blake2s, groestl
you made some very valid points fosco333 Cool

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 05:27:29 AM

hehe thanks bitspill, to the rescue =]

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 06:31:57 AM

I seem to be experiencing issues with the Verge wallet, blocks are not being downloaded beyond block 284542.

I have installed the Verge wallet from the latest git (version v1.2.0.0-beta) on my Debian box.

I have performed the below without any luck:-

1. Deleted the wallet.DAT and recreated.
2. Deleted the .VERGE directory and recreated.

Still the wallet only downloads to 284542.

Any ideas?

let it sit and check it later, itll sync, just takes a while. this issue will be fixed in the new multi algo release coming out shortly.

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:36:41 AM

I voted scrypt, x17, lyra2rev2, blake2s . Hope they  will be included soon.

let it sit and check it later, itll sync, just takes a while. this issue will be fixed in the new multi algo release coming out shortly.

I bought my first XVG today from c-cex and Im waiting for this new multi algorithm wallet to transfer on my desktop. I am very convince that this coin has a great potential in the future.  I believe on people behind this project.

Open for Campaigns
bitLeap

Activity: 1162
Merit: 476

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:51:51 AM

I voted scrypt, x17, lyra2rev2, blake2s . Hope they  will be included soon.

I bought my first XVG today from c-cex and Im waiting for this new multi algorithm wallet to transfer on my desktop. I am very convince that this coin has a great potential in the future.  I believe on people behind this project.

That's cool clickerz  Smiley Verge is always pushing more and more it's a great coin which definately will keep growing you got in at a very good time  Wink

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bitLeap

Activity: 1162
Merit: 476

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:56:30 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 12:27:57 PM by bitLeap

Let's wait as suggested by dev!

I think we should do one more round of Poloniex coin request https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
you can add whatever you think is relevant this is what I just sent them

What is the name of the coin? *
e.g. "Litecoin"

Verge

What is the coin's symbol? *
e.g. "LTC"

XVG

Please link to the announcement page. *
e.g. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47417.0

www.bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1365894

If the coin has a website, please link it here.
e.g. https://litecoin.org/

www.vergecurrency.com

If the coin has a block explorer, please link it here.
e.g. http://explorer.litecoin.net/

www.blockexperts.com/xvg

Please explain why you would like to see this coin added to the exchange. *

Verge has been around since 2014 development is always getting more and more features great community and very good market demand main exchange was Cryptsy so there's still a gap to be filled and Poloniex would be the natural exchange for filling that gap.

If this coin has any significant innovations over other coins, please elaborate on them here.
e.g. "Litecoin uses the scrypt proof-of-work algorithm in an attempt to make mining possible for the average person and their own computer."

Dedicated XVG Tor nodes
Dedicated XVG i2P nodes
Multi Algo mining
Verge Tor Electrum Wallet
Etc.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:53:50 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 01:47:40 PM by wttbs

Some info about the algorithms:

Quark
Quark is super secure and uses a different hashing algorithm with 9 rounds of hashing from 6 unique hashing functions (blake, groestl, blue midnight wish, jh, SHA-3, skein). 3 rounds deliver a random hashing function. Even though most believe the SHA2 is sufficient at present, technology is always changing and improving. Just one of Quark's algos, SHA-3, was developed after SHA-2 in case it was somehow comprised in the future. The multiple hash gives a further layer of security against unknowns that will enter the market down the road. Only CPU mined

Groestl
The design of Grøstl is transparent and based on principles very different from those used in the SHA-family.The two permutations used are constructed using the wide trail design strategy, which makes it possible to give strong statements about the resistance of Grøstl against large classes of cryptanalytic attacks. Moreover, if these permutations are assumed to be ideal, there is a proof for the security of the hash function.
Can and is accelerated by the hardware AES support present in most modern Intel CPUs, which helps reduce the efficiency gap between a CPU and other implementations. Groestl (old GPU/CPU) – Groestl makes a wide range of tradeoffs between throughput, latency, and power consumption. Because of this, groestl uses less power per hash than other algos. Due to the less complex hashing, Groestl performs well on older GPU’s as well as CPU’s.
tech info: http://www.groestl.info/Groestl.pdf

Blake2s
The Blake2s algorithm is a new entry in the crypto mining scene and while initially there was only CPU mining support available for it now there is also a ccMiner fork with support for Blake2s algorithm on Nvidia GPUs (source). The initial CPU mining support for Blake2s was first introduced in cpumuiner-multi from tpruvot, though there is now a new more-efficient CPU miner available here. With the release of a GPU miner however CPU mining might be not worth it anymore, even though for the moment there is only GPU mining available for Nvidia-based video cards and no for AMD, but soon we are probably going to see Blake2s supported on AMD as well.
full info: https://blake2.net/#sp

X17
No much recent info, most is from 2014  Shocked it's GPU based mining. You can use SGminer with -X17 option: https://github.com/LordzS/sgminer-x17

scrypt
well known. info: https://litecoin.info/Scrypt
You can use GPU's or Scrypt-miners.

lyra2rev2
a proof-of-work algorithm. GPU mining. Can be used by SGminer as well.
extra info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertcoin

Neoscrypt
NeoScrypt is CPU and GPU mining
extra info: http://www.feathercoin.com/neo-scrypt-press-release.pdf
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:05:34 AM

Quark
Quark is super secure and uses a different hashing algorithm with 9 rounds of hashing from 6 unique hashing functions (blake, groestl, blue midnight wish, jh, SHA-3, skein). 3 rounds deliver a random hashing function. Even though most believe the SHA2 is sufficient at present, technology is always changing and improving. Just one of Quark's algos, SHA-3, was developed after SHA-2 in case it was somehow comprised in the future. The multiple hash gives a further layer of security against unknowns that will enter the market down the road. Only CPU mined

Groestl
The design of Grøstl is transparent and based on principles very different from those used in the SHA-family.The two permutations used are constructed using the wide trail design strategy, which makes it possible to give strong statements about the resistance of Grøstl against large classes of cryptanalytic attacks. Moreover, if these permutations are assumed to be ideal, there is a proof for the security of the hash function.
Can and is accelerated by the hardware AES support present in most modern Intel CPUs, which helps reduce the efficiency gap between a CPU and other implementations. Groestl (old GPU/CPU) – Groestl makes a wide range of tradeoffs between throughput, latency, and power consumption. Because of this, groestl uses less power per hash than other algos. Due to the less complex hashing, Groestl performs well on older GPU’s as well as CPU’s.

Blake2s
The Blake2s algorithm is a new entry in the crypto mining scene and while initially there was only CPU mining support available for it now there is also a ccMiner fork with support for Blake2s algorithm on Nvidia GPUs (source). The initial CPU mining support for Blake2s was first introduced in cpumuiner-multi from tpruvot, though there is now a new more-efficient CPU miner available here. With the release of a GPU miner however CPU mining might be not worth it anymore, even though for the moment there is only GPU mining available for Nvidia-based video cards and no for AMD, but soon we are probably going to see Blake2s supported on AMD as well.

X17
No much recent info, most is from 2014  Shocked it's GPU based mining. You can use SGminer with -X17 option: https://github.com/LordzS/sgminer-x17

scrypt
well know. info: https://litecoin.info/Scrypt

lyra2rev2

Neoscrypt

New my github would get used for something one day lol

https://github.com/LordzS/sgminer-x17

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:31:04 AM

Quark

Groestl

Blake2s

X17
No much recent info, most is from 2014  Shocked it's GPU based mining. You can use SGminer with -X17 option: https://github.com/LordzS/sgminer-x17

scrypt

lyra2rev2

Neoscrypt

That is excellent summary.  wish it was up before I voted.  it might have changed my direction.  (tho, it doesnt look like it did..it might have) Smiley

g

Edit.  Just read the Blake2  page.   so many versions...    looks like Blake2b woulda been my choice. Wink   64b ! lol.         and looks totally different than what i was mining.

maybe not. but dang.

g

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 11:36:21 AM

Quark

Groestl

Blake2s

X17
No much recent info, most is from 2014  Shocked it's GPU based mining. You can use SGminer with -X17 option: https://github.com/LordzS/sgminer-x17

scrypt

lyra2rev2

Neoscrypt

New my github would get used for something one day lol

https://github.com/LordzS/sgminer-x17

did you create that miner? or is it just a clone of another repo?

Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 11:37:26 AM

@wttbs - thanks for the summary, huge help.

Voted ....and seem to have made the majority choice.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 11:39:13 AM

I think we should do one more round of Poloniex coin request https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
you can add whatever you think is relevant this is what I just sent them

What is the name of the coin? *
e.g. "Litecoin"

Verge

What is the coin's symbol? *
e.g. "LTC"

XVG

Please link to the announcement page. *
e.g. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47417.0

www.bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1365894

If the coin has a website, please link it here.
e.g. https://litecoin.org/

www.vergecurrency.com

If the coin has a block explorer, please link it here.
e.g. http://explorer.litecoin.net/

www.blockexperts.com/xvg

Please explain why you would like to see this coin added to the exchange. *

Verge has been around since 2014 development is always getting more and more features great community and very good market demand main exchange was Cryptsy so there's still a gap to be filled and Poloniex would be the natural exchange for filling that gap.

If this coin has any significant innovations over other coins, please elaborate on them here.
e.g. "Litecoin uses the scrypt proof-of-work algorithm in an attempt to make mining possible for the average person and their own computer."

Dedicated XVG Tor nodes
Dedicated XVG i2P nodes
Multi Algo mining
Verge Tor Electrum Wallet
Etc.

you dont think we should wait for the next release? what if they add us today and then have to change their wallet so soon? i think waiting is best.

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: