April 28, 2024, 09:21:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843547 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:42:58 AM

Has the Windows version been released?

I see Linux and Mac.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:35:44 AM

I see Linux and Mac.
hasnt been announced yet.

(woot, quote worked that time!)
g

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 12:32:55 PM

I'm always around...

Anyways, the build process with autotools is quite verbose in its output, it won't just silently fail to do something

hahaha ...

then you havent been bamboozled by the redhat team as yet ...

im a 'rhel guy' - and let me tell you that there is nothing that these guys would luv more than to add more 'red tape' ( pardon the red pun ) to their distro ... bloody fools ...

but its what i know - and im guessing its something to do with it ...

and before anyone suggests - NO! ... i wont go debian based ubuntu ... all my ststems are rhel based and i wont spend the next 2.5weeks reorganizing and redesigning the servers and workstations and especially thefarm ... Tongue ...

will get to the bottom of it ...

just need to locate what it is thats missing from the compile structure that is causing this part to skip ... if in fact the qt part is processed at all ...

#crysx

if you see something that is fedora specific holding it back, feel free to make a pull request that fixes the build for fedora use on our repo. (just please make it fedora conditional, so it doesn't break the build, pull requests are auto-tested by travis-ci builder)

the very last lines after make it complete should tell you exactly what happened.

tanx ...

ill do what i can on my end - but possibly not tonight ( adelaide - south australia - australia ) ...

i appreciate all the help also guys ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Another Awesome Aussie !!

hahaha ...

you are a funny ( but also awesome ) guy ...

Wink ...

#crysx

Live in beautiful downtown Busselton WA!!

i hear that western australia is a beautiful and HUGE place ... especially in perth and fremantle areas ...

ive visited a few times but havent stayed there long at any one time ... a friend of mine lives near the curtin university close to where she lives and she used to be an adelaide country girl ...

but ill be there soon by the looks of it ... you guys have a lot cheaper electricity off peak - and allow for better rates overall ... thefarm will luv it there i think Wink ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
crysx

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 12:33:47 PM

ok ... so ...

Code:
checking for SSL... yes
checking for CRYPTO... yes
checking for PROTOBUF... yes
checking for QR... yes
checking for protoc... /usr/bin/protoc
checking whether to build VERGEd... yes
checking for QT... yes
checking for QT_TEST... yes
checking for QT_DBUS... yes
checking for moc-qt4... /usr/bin/moc-qt4
checking for uic-qt4... /usr/bin/uic-qt4
checking for rcc-qt4... no
checking for rcc4... no
checking for rcc... /usr/bin/rcc
checking for lrelease-qt4... /usr/bin/lrelease-qt4
checking for lupdate-qt4... /usr/bin/lupdate-qt4
checking whether to build VERGE Core GUI... yes (Qt4)
checking if ccache should be used... yes
checking if wallet should be enabled... yes

now ./configure reports its happy with the dependencies it requires for the build - i notice its only qt4 that it picks up - instead of qt5 ...

i have both installed in fedora 23 x64 ( with fedora the command is qmake-qt4 / qmake-qt5 for project ( .pro ) files - and all dependencies are required for both qt versions ) - so the question remains - how can i force qt5 to be used? ... its not too much of an issue unless certain features cannot be displayed properly without qt5 - so ive compiled anyway ...

hey presto - VERGE-qt appears in the src/qt directory ...

installing it into the system ( yes - i have very meticulous procedures for this also ) and running it seems to be very smooth and i must admit - even with qt4 - its a nice looking wallet ...

syncing and working ...

i appreciate all your help guys ... so there is no need for any changes ( pull requests ) to the code - just a comment in the section of the readme to state that the 'other' development headers need to be installed also in the fedora 23 x64 / x32 distro ...

the protobuf-devel-2.6.1-2.fc23.x86_64 is NOT required with the compilation of those wallets that i have compiled here ( and there are many ) - as they usually come with a project ( .pro ) file in the root of the code ... though this is a very good lesson taught to watch out for in future for me ...

once again - tanx guys ...

#crysx

If both qt4 and qt5 are installed, qt4 will be used by default.

./configure --with-gui=qt5

Should force it to use qt5

tanx again mate ...

ill try that out now ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:36:47 PM

I'm always around...

Anyways, the build process with autotools is quite verbose in its output, it won't just silently fail to do something

hahaha ...

im a 'rhel guy' - and let me tell you that there is nothing that these guys would luv more than to add more 'red tape' ( pardon the red pun ) to their distro ... bloody fools ...

and before anyone suggests - NO! ... i wont go debian based ubuntu ... all my ststems are rhel based and i wont spend the next 2.5weeks reorganizing and redesigning the servers and workstations and especially thefarm ... Tongue ...

just need to locate what it is thats missing from the compile structure that is causing this part to skip ... if in fact the qt part is processed at all ...

#crysx

if you see something that is fedora specific holding it back, feel free to make a pull request that fixes the build for fedora use on our repo. (just please make it fedora conditional, so it doesn't break the build, pull requests are auto-tested by travis-ci builder)

the very last lines after make it complete should tell you exactly what happened.

tanx ...

ill do what i can on my end - but possibly not tonight ( adelaide - south australia - australia ) ...

tanx ...

#crysx

hahaha ...

Wink ...

#crysx

i hear that western australia is a beautiful and HUGE place ... especially in perth and fremantle areas ...

ive visited a few times but havent stayed there long at any one time ... a friend of mine lives near the curtin university close to where she lives and she used to be an adelaide country girl ...

but ill be there soon by the looks of it ... you guys have a lot cheaper electricity off peak - and allow for better rates overall ... thefarm will luv it there i think Wink ...

#crysx

Yeah I live about 2 hrs south of perth/freo on the coast and when they were giving massive rebates on the solar power upgrades I went ball deep and pay $0 for power they actually pay me got that many panels on the roof cant tell what color my roof tiles are and rigs run like a fat kid running to the cake shot !! (and im not being mean I was that fat kid lol)

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
crysx

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 12:38:35 PM

I see Linux and Mac.

hi antonio ...

been a while mate ...

cant you compile windows versions? ...

im learning how to do it on windows - but would much prefer to cross compile via linux ...

need to learn how to do both - as i need this for my own coins also ... apparently windows compiles are WAY more complicated than any linux compiles ...

#crysx

crysx

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 12:40:18 PM

I'm always around...

hahaha ...

#crysx

tanx ...

tanx ...

#crysx

hahaha ...

Wink ...

#crysx

#crysx

Yeah I live about 2 hrs south of perth/freo on the coast and when they were giving massive rebates on the solar power upgrades I went ball deep and pay $0 for power they actually pay me got that many panels on the roof cant tell what color my roof tiles are and rigs run like a fat kid running to the cake shot !! (and im not being mean I was that fat kid lol)

nice ...

so can i move thefarm into your living room then? ... Wink ...

will be so much warmer in winter ... hehehe ...

#crysx

giantkin

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:40:24 PM

I've been trying to plan Solar power for my office. (i use the mining rigs for heat in winter)

i have to shut one rig down, eventually cuz its too hot.   which means no scrypt Sad
but im hoping to put up the panels asap...  

I just have a hard time converting the Solar DC watt to  AC watt...that i need lol.

ie: 650 watt full time  rig...  and a 1200watt  rig...    hm 1500watt would be smarter. (AC in summer/ scrypt in winter) lol.

is there a formulae for that? PM me that? Smiley

g

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
crysx

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 12:45:36 PM

I've been trying to plan Solar power for my office. (i use the mining rigs for heat in winter)

i have to shut one rig down, eventually cuz its too hot.   which means no scrypt Sad
but im hoping to put up the panels asap...  

I just have a hard time converting the Solar DC watt to  AC watt...that i need lol.

ie: 650 watt full time  rig...  and a 1200watt  rig...    hm 1500watt would be smarter. (AC in summer/ scrypt in winter) lol.

is there a formulae for that? PM me that? Smiley

g

it actually depends on what you want to do with it ... full dependance on solar means large solar capacity - as even the smaller miners use a huge amount of power ... where as hybrid solar / grid is another thing altogether ...

im currently working on a unique cooling system that may be be the answer to my issues ... as i dont just have one or two mahcines Wink ...

that project hasnt started yet - but it will ... so as long as i can mine ... i think verge will be on that horizon most of the time - along with granite and ozziecoin of course Tongue ... but massive changes are coming to them also in the coming weeks and months ...

#crysx

giantkin

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:49:52 PM

Right... well  thats why i mention the 650 watt usage.  thats one miner.  Im gonna start small, and just go for enough power for one unit...

then work on the next one..and so on.

I think i figured it out enough to get 1 300ah batter,   3-200watt panels, and ofc a controller.

course, i wont know til i play with it, if thats really enough.      oh and inverter ofc

that should be 3days at the 1500w level.   

will ..eventually see how it goes.

g

crysx

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 12:51:03 PM

Right... well  thats why i mention the 650 watt usage.  thats one miner.  Im gonna start small, and just go for enough power for one unit...

then work on the next one..and so on.

I think i figured it out enough to get 1 300ah batter,   3-200watt panels, and ofc a controller.

course, i wont know til i play with it, if thats really enough.      oh and inverter ofc

that should be 3days at the 1500w level.   

will ..eventually see how it goes.

g

keep me informed of your progress ...

id be very interested in how it all goes ...

#crysx

crysx

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 12:53:48 PM

hi all ...

forcing qt5 in fedora 23 x64 has some interesting issues ...

Code:
cc1plus: warning: command line option ‘-std=c99’ is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
In file included from /usr/include/qt5/QtGui/qwindowdefs.h:37:0,
                 from /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets/qwidget.h:37,
                 from /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets/qmainwindow.h:37,
                 from /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets/QMainWindow:1,
                 from qt/bitcoingui.h:4,
                 from qt/bitcoin.cpp:4:
/usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qglobal.h:1067:4: error: #error "You must build your code with position independent code if Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. " "Compile your code with -fPIC (-fPIE is not enough)."
 #  error "You must build your code with position independent code if Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. "\
    ^
Makefile:2600: recipe for target 'qt/qt_libbitcoinqt_a-bitcoin.o' failed
make[1]: *** [qt/qt_libbitcoinqt_a-bitcoin.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/horustor/compile/coins/vergecurrency/VERGE/src'
Makefile:523: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

so as with a few older wallet compiles - the error says that qt5 needs to be compiled with -fPIC instead of -fPIE ...

ill change that in the makefile now and see how that turns out ... then sleep ...

will let you know how it pans out - if you are interested ...

#crysx

Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 01:24:46 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 06:16:00 PM by Beachguy

@Dev - As the new wallet is adopted by the users, exchanges and pools....before the 340,000 block,
the "Hashinator ", will still be able to hammer the network?

I know that after the fork at 340,000 he's pretty much out of business.
But until that block the old and new wallets will coexist, no?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 01:31:27 PM

@Dev - As the new wallet is adopted by the users, exchanges and pools....before the 330,000 block,

I know that after the fork at 330,000 he's pretty much out of business.

I believe it is 340,000 - we are not too far 332592

JimmyS

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:00:57 PM

@Dev - As the new wallet is adopted by the users, exchanges and pools....before the 330,000 block,

I know that after the fork at 330,000 he's pretty much out of business.

Same question please

@Dev - As the new wallet is adopted by the users, exchanges and pools....before the 340,000 block,

I know that after the fork at 340,000 he's pretty much out of business.
novaexchange

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 02:36:49 PM

Hey,

Novaexchange is a new exchange currently running with BETA tag. The exchange is very soon ready to go fully production, but needs your help to find any remaining bugs.

We updated the wallet today and is up to date with the blockchain.

Welcome to trade your Verge in these new listed markets.

https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_XVG/
https://novaexchange.com/market/LTC_XVG/

Cheers,
Novaexchange

Trade your coins at www.novaexchange.com
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 02:56:15 PM

Very good sign on new wallet fast synching since folks were reporting the old one losing synch and taking a while to resynch.
Of course crypto being crypto and everyone's computer being different....sometimes the wallets are not at fault.
Over all I had no problems with old wallet, just transactions being slow because of "Hashinator" locking up the block chain . Tongue

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
meemic

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 03:19:21 PM

The 3D faucet gives the following error: TRANSACTION FAILED. ERROR: -4
saymissme

Activity: 260

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:29:58 PM

two pools for new algos
Algo=Lyra2reV2
http://xvg-lyra.idcray.com/

Algo=Myriad-Groestl
http://xvg-mg.idcray.com/

Accepting pre-registration
minging at block 340000
 Grin Grin Grin
Attilaloe

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:02:41 PM

Verge (xvg) market is disbled on Bittrex exchange from couple of days, anyone know anything about this?

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: