Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:34:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Health and Religion  (Read 210798 times)
MiSKLaCH

Activity: 417
Merit: 253

I hate everyone, equally.

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:57:40 PM

Oh sure. Your real reason is so that it is easier to kill me that it would be if I was in an asylum. Look at what you said here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.msg16815648#msg16815648.

Here comes the freedom of religion. They can't even take you if you invoke your freedom of religion. Ha, ha, ha.

Cool

You take written words too much seriously, don't you? Maybe this is why you believe your holy book so blindly!
Do not fear, BADecker... I won't kill you. Your foolishness maybe...  Roll Eyes

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:58:57 PM

Oh sure. Your real reason is so that it is easier to kill me that it would be if I was in an asylum. Look at what you said here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.msg16815648#msg16815648.

Here comes the freedom of religion. They can't even take you if you invoke your freedom of religion. Ha, ha, ha.

Cool

You take written words too much seriously, don't you? Maybe this is why you believe your holy book so blindly!
Do not fear, BADecker... I won't kill you. Your foolishness maybe...  Roll Eyes

You will have to get rid of a lot more of your foolishness before you will be able to see clearly to do anything.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
MiSKLaCH

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 07:07:57 PM

You will have to get rid of a lot more of your foolishness before you will be able to see clearly to do anything.

Cool

Still here replying to this hopelessly atheist? Don't you have a "holy mass" waiting for you in your local church?
Are you still convinced that you will deceive me, eventually? Save some dignity, stop playing with me, you won't win this race!

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 07:13:26 PM

Cool

Still here replying to this hopelessly atheist? Don't you have a "holy mass" waiting for you in your local church?
Are you still convinced that you will deceive me, eventually? Save some dignity, stop playing with me, you won't win this race!

Nobody could deceive you. You are caught up in your own self-deception so deeply that there isn't room for anyone else.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
MiSKLaCH

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:09:01 PM

Nobody could deceive you.

Cool

Oh well... at last!  Cool

Oppolee

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 08:55:14 PM

Cool

Nobody could deceive you. You are caught up in your own self-deception so deeply that there isn't room for anyone else.

Cool
Why bother with atheism? We need to educate children so that education allowed them to fall into the hands of preachers.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:47:59 AM

Fuckin hell Coincube - why didn't you just post a link to William James' "Varieties of Religious Experience" and be done with it ? For someone who purports to be a doctor of medicine you seem to have a lot of time on your hands. I can't see too many junior doctors in the UK, even if they had the inclination for this shit, actually finding the time for it.

You are for real aren't you Coincube ?

Please don't be too hard on Coincube. I probably wouldn't have looked if all there was was a link. It was a very interesting article. Benefits to the social animal by socializing in religious atmosphere.

Cool

I take it you did not like the article practicaldreamer? I will admit I did not look too deeply into the data behind the article but it was written by a professor of epidemiology at Harvard so my assumption is that the data is reliable. Here is the educational background of the author if you want further info.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/tyler-vanderweele/

Education: Tyler VanderWeele Professor of Epidemiology

Ph.D. (Biostatistics) 2006, Harvard University
A.M. (Biostatistics) 2005, Harvard University
M.A. (Mathematics) 2005, University of Oxford
M.A. (Finance and Applied Economics) 2002, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
B.A. (Philosophy and Theology) 2000, University of Oxford
B.A. (Mathematics) 2000, University of Oxford

The topic of the article is the relationship between attending religious services and health so it is very much on topic for this thread.

You describe the good professors article as "this shit" so I am assuming you have some problem with the article independent of your kind concerns about my limited free time?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:54:33 AM

Fuckin hell Coincube - why didn't you just post a link to William James' "Varieties of Religious Experience" and be done with it ? For someone who purports to be a doctor of medicine you seem to have a lot of time on your hands. I can't see too many junior doctors in the UK, even if they had the inclination for this shit, actually finding the time for it.

Please don't be too hard on Coincube. I probably wouldn't have looked if all there was was a link. It was a very interesting article. Benefits to the social animal by socializing in religious atmosphere.

Cool

I take it you did not like the article practicaldreamer? I will admit I did not look too deeply into the data behind the article but it was written by a professor of epidemiology at Harvard so my assumption is that the data is reliable. Here is the educational background of the author if you want further info.

M.A. (Finance and Applied Economics) 2002, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania

The topic of the article is the relationship between attending religious services and health so it is very much on topic for this thread.

You describe the good professors article as "this shit" so I am assuming you have some problem with the article independent of your kind concerns about my limited free time.

Yes. These days you can find all kinds of benefits listed just from meditating. So, when you add meditating with friends, so that there is comfort in mutual support of ideals, the benefits should be a lot greater. And that is to say nothing about the special benefits that God might bestow on those who worship Him during/within their meditation.

Cool

crockoo

Activity: 262

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 05:56:41 PM

If God be regarded as a kind of egregore that protects those who feeds him, then it is possible that he will protect his followers. Including gives them health.
sergeyzol

Activity: 248

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 06:03:22 PM

If God be regarded as a kind of egregore that protects those who feeds him, then it is possible that he will protect his followers. Including gives them health.
God does not give anyone health. If a person is sick it is said that God was punishing him, but if a person is healthy it means that God loves him. Lies. Hate Putin all over the world and he is healthy. I guess God loves him? Then why is God needed?
stats

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 11:16:11 AM

Cool

You describe the good professors article as "this shit" so I am assuming you have some problem with the article independent of your kind concerns about my limited free time.

Yes. These days you can find all kinds of benefits listed just from meditating. So, when you add meditating with friends, so that there is comfort in mutual support of ideals, the benefits should be a lot greater. And that is to say nothing about the special benefits that God might bestow on those who worship Him during/within their meditation.

Cool

Is that what priests tell the little children as they are molesting them in the name of Jesus? Is your god bestowing them with a gift?
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 11:46:17 AM

God does not give anyone health. If a person is sick it is said that God was punishing him, but if a person is healthy it means that God loves him. Lies. Hate Putin all over the world and he is healthy. I guess God loves him? Then why is God needed?

He didn't even give the free will to people, lucifer had to tell them to eat that goddamn tree for the to be like god. Have you ever tried removing the god from that picture and just consider the overall life, genetics and lifestyle?

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 02:44:19 PM

Have you ever tried removing the god from that picture and just consider the overall life, genetics and lifestyle?

Yes, I did just that for many years. Such an approach takes one back to God once you realize that to truly maintain a healthy lifestyle one must avoid sin.

There Is No Wisdom in Sin
http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/tozer/5j00.0010/5j00.0010.c.htm
Quote from: A.W. Tozer
Whatever other factors may be present in an act of wrongdoing, folly is one that is never absent. To do a wrong act a man must for the moment think wrong; he must exercise bad judgment.

Sin, I repeat, in addition to anything else it may be, is always an act of wrong judgment. To commit a sin a man must for the moment believe that things are different from what they really are; he must confound values; he must see the moral universe out of focus; he must accept a lie as truth and see truth as a lie; he must ignore the signs on the highway and drive with his eyes shut; he must act as if he had no soul and was not accountable for his moral choices.

Sin is never a thing to be proud of. No act is wise that ignores remote consequences, and sin always does. Sin sees only today, or at most tomorrow; never the day after tomorrow, next month or next year. Death and judgment are pushed aside as if they did not exist...

Sin is basically an act of moral folly, and the greater the folly the greater the fool.

philggg

Activity: 343

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 05:23:40 PM

That is a very good tutorials I believed  some christian prefare prayers to hospital when they are sick also in some countries they prefare traditional way of healing for their health needs
pseexh

Activity: 301

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 06:13:45 PM

That is a very good tutorials I believed  some christian prefare prayers to hospital when they are sick also in some countries they prefare traditional way of healing for their health needs
Well, as cured someone's prayers? I am sure that there. Religion in General the enemy of progress. She denies all that is necessary for a person.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 06:16:47 PM

A far better approach is to take advantage of modern medicine when you get sick. Medicine is good at managing and mitigating serious illness. If you develop a major medical problem the best person to see is a physician as that will be the person with the best chance of helping you.

Prayer has its place but praying for divine intervention instead of going to the doctor is a lot like praying for divine intervention to stop the flooding caused by a broken pipe. Nothing is impossible but a better outcome will likely result from finding and shutting off the water main.

dirokkl

Activity: 235

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 06:19:05 PM

Cool

Cool
If people like to deceive themselves, why him out of it? He does not want. Religious people remind me of children who grew up, but continue to believe in Santa Claus.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 07:29:01 PM

Well, as cured someone's prayers? I am sure that there. Religion in General the enemy of progress. She denies all that is necessary for a person.

I would encourage more thought in regards to the general requirements for stability and progress.

Specifically:

1) The requirements for individuals in a well functioning society to set aside their personal desires when they cause harm to society as a whole.
2) The nature of collective governance and with it the ability for special interests to obtain benefits at the expense of society as a whole.
3) The general nature causes and consequences of corruption.
4) The historic decline and eventual collapse of prior civilizations.

Ethical monotheism is probably the single greatest contributor to human progress from any source since human culture emerged from the stone ages. This force which emerged first in Judaism and and spread throughout the world via the mediums of Christianity and Islam continues to shape human destiny even in a time when much of the world foolishly rejects it as irrelevant.

Quote from: Dennis Prager
Nature is amoral. Nature knows nothing of good and evil. In nature there is one rule—survival of the fittest. There is no right, only might. If a creature is weak, kill it. Only human beings could have moral rules such as, "If it is weak, protect it." Only human beings can feel themselves ethically obligated to strangers.
Nature allows you to act naturally, i.e., do only what you want you to do, without moral restraints; God does not. Nature lets you act naturally - and it is as natural to kill, rape, and enslave as it is to love.
One of the vital elements in the ethical monotheist revolution was its repudiation of nature as god. The evolution of civilization and morality have depended in large part on desanctifying nature.
Civilizations that equated gods with nature—a characteristic of all primitive societies—or that worshipped nature did not evolve.
Words cannot convey the magnitude of the change wrought by the Bible's introduction into the world of a God who rules the universe morally.

Quote from: Howard Greenstein
To hold that God is the Source and Sustainer of moral values is to insist upon an objective status for ethical ideals. They are not the impulsive fabrication of human minds, but are grounded in the very bedrock of creation. Moral laws have objective validity similar to the laws of physics. They are not our invention, but it is for us to discover them. Just as it would be foolish to defy the law of gravity and hope to escape its consequences, so is it perilous to presume that a human infant can grow to emotional maturity without ever being loved or cared for. In both cases the penalty for ignoring the law is a natural consequence of defying the given realities of the universe. The uniqueness of God in this context is the complex but delicate blend of both physical and spiritual reality in a single deity which accounts for the balance, harmony and order of nature within us and without.

Ethical monotheism is not just a way of talking about God. It is a way of understanding human experience; it is a way of organizing the world in which we live. It is a faith that attempts to explain what we do not know by beginning with what we do know. We do know our awareness of this world is rooted in a unity of our own senses. We do know that defiance of moral law invites a disaster as devastating as any contempt for the laws of physics or chemistry or biology.

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 07:42:52 PM

Quote from: Unknown Author
When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.

I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.

When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 07:10:35 AM

A far better approach is to take advantage of modern medicine when you get sick. Medicine is good at managing and mitigating serious illness. If you develop a major medical problem the best person to see is a physician as that will be the person with the best chance of helping you.

Prayer has its place but praying for divine intervention instead of going to the doctor is a lot like praying for divine intervention to stop the flooding caused by a broken pipe. Nothing is impossible but a better outcome will likely result from finding and shutting off the water main.

yes, now a days, old approach on anointing of the sick was really weird, i still go to modern medicine that can trust to cure or heal me when my health falls down. Prayers can help, Pray Hard and it works, the priest said, as long as you have faith, your faith can heal you! yes possible but if you just pray and nothing actions came from you, you think you will be heal? then why do still need doctor if prayer can heal us? Help yourself too. Religion can just give yo a false hope. you better go to the hospital and have yourself check.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: