Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:10:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum  (Read 69310 times)
Inabra

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 11:34:50 AM

The only way BFL is even half interesting anymore is when he tries to pick a fight with another vendor or says something ridiculous and becomes even more infamous. (for his...errr "awesome-ness")

Still awesome.

Quote from: BFL_Josh
Furthermore, the fact that Avalon and various others over on BitcoinTalk have posted that it's "impossible" for us to do the things we do further validates the reasoning that we do not want to release our processes. If the competition thinks something is impossible, great. Let them flounder around and do things their way and we have no intention of enlightening them as to why their process(es) is(are) crap and how to fix it.

If you are really bored, you can go back to June and read the threads where it's "impossible" that we are doing a full custom build. It's also "impossible" that we are on 65nm. It's also "impossible" that we can achieve 1 GH/w. It's also "impossible" that we can produce a 40 GH/s device. It's "impossible" that the Jalapeno can be powered off of the USB, etc... yet now all these things are accepted as true... even though in June they were "impossible."

Amazing how things are impossible until someone does them.
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/569-wafers-timelines-transparency-2.html#post8736

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2012, 11:35:18 AM

Since when did the square footage of a warehouse or some such information become a proprietary secret? Unless they have dangling trained monkeys with a 3D assembly line the only thing they might have to hide is just another f-kup. (err, I mean another dodgy situation)

Since when do people care about warehouses?

Seriously. They're the most boring thing this side of the border.
Well that's a bit of a downer for me Sad
I'm hoping it will be interesting when I see it Smiley

Some BYO tinsel should do the trick. Bring along your xmas leftovers Smiley

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 01:38:37 PM

blablabla...
Hey Frizz23, congratulations with your new account name Inabra!

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 01:56:18 PM

That video is the best thing to ever come to this thread.
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 02:20:04 PM

Epic.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 02:27:30 PM

LOL!! I like the Dutch and their sense of humour.

Maybe this video is still funny when it's January February March April and we still wait for BFL ASICs.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 02:38:33 PM

LMAO Excellent! Bitcoins, where art thou?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 03:05:33 PM

...and as usual you're saying nothing. Just hurling more anger and insults.

God... you have to be the most dense person I have ever met.

You sure? THE most dense? ...and we've never met, positive I'd remember that. To hear you talk I have a whole lot of competition here.

What is there to say?  Do you honestly expect me to detail our move and leasing information to Bitcointalk?  Seriously?  Is that seriously the position you're taking?  Like I said... dense.

Well, you could explain the inconsistencies with BFL's statements on this subject. I don't EXPECT you to do anything aside from belittle others and rage against anyone daring enough to question the almighty Inaba. I'd LIKE for you to behave like a professional businessman and address the valid concerns raised in this thread. BFL's already questionable reputation is at stake here, give your obviously fragile ego some time off and act like a COO/PR spokesperson for a change.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2012, 03:49:22 PM

You sure? THE most dense? ...and we've never met, positive I'd remember that. To hear you talk I have a whole lot of competition here.

Yes, absolutely.  You've far eclipsed everyone else in denseness.  While some others are a neutron star level, you've exceeded that and slipped into the multiple solar mass singularity denseness.

Well, you could explain the inconsistencies with BFL's statements on this subject. I don't EXPECT you to do anything aside from belittle others and rage against anyone daring enough to question the almighty Inaba. I'd LIKE for you to behave like a professional businessman and address the valid concerns raised in this thread. BFL's already questionable reputation is at stake here, give your obviously fragile ego some time off and act like a COO/PR spokesperson for a change.

Show me a valid concern that has not been addressed yet.  Oh that's right, one hasn't been raised.  As I said, there are no inconsistencies with BFL's statements on the subject.  The only inconsistency is some idiot with a web browser who doesn't understand what he's looking at.  It's not my job to protect idiots like you from yourselves.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 03:54:20 PM

Since when did the square footage of a warehouse or some such information become a proprietary secret? Unless they have dangling trained monkeys with a 3D assembly line the only thing they might have to hide is just another f-kup. (err, I mean another dodgy situation)

@ Nathan

The point is that Inaba is acting like the US government. Somehow labeling anything they don't want to talk about under a National Security label.

Warehouse? What warehouse? I cannot confirm nor deny a warehouse exists. It is a proprietary information and we think it would give our competition an edge. <-- Paraphrased.

---------------------------
Second, if he doesn't want to talk about it then don't come hurling insults at us for it. Some of the stuff he has called "LIES, DIRTY LIES!!" actually turned out to be true.

PG is looking into the facts behind the warehouse, that is his angle. Not mine. I am simply chiming in every now and then just like everyone else.

My recent questions are about actual statements made by BFL that reference their scope of their operation and their intent to keep it a secret from their competition. I have speculated recently that they may have many private orders that might be a form of repayment to the VC investors.

The actual hashrate going online (when ever they get around to it) may be larger than what their public statements say.

This is my current side of the argument. PG has his own.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2012, 04:30:44 PM

@ Nathan

The point is that Inaba is acting like the US government. Somehow labeling anything they don't want to talk about under a National Security label.

Warehouse? What warehouse? I cannot confirm nor deny a warehouse exists. It is a proprietary information and we think it would give our competition an edge. <-- Paraphrased.

---------------------------
Second, if he doesn't want to talk about it then don't come hurling insults at us for it. Some of the stuff he has called "LIES, DIRTY LIES!!" actually turned out to be true.

PG is looking into the facts behind the warehouse, that is his angle. Not mine. I am simply chiming in every now and then just like everyone else.

My recent questions are about actual statements made by BFL that reference their scope of their operation and their intent to keep it a secret from their competition. I have speculated recently that they may have many private orders that might be a form of repayment to the VC investors.

The actual hashrate going online (when ever they get around to it) may be larger than what their public statements say.

This is my current side of the argument. PG has his own.

Conceding the fact that BFL IS leasing said warehouse (was never my concern), the points I was trying to relay is that the flex space is not large enough to be used as an assembly process, warehouse and shipping area (including staff), and that the warehouse was only recently leased, thus negating previous statements to the contrary. To further drive the latter point home... 12-24-2012, 02:15 AM: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/550-contest-week-12-little-single-sc-giveaway-11.html#post8737

I haven't had time to properly resolve this and start a new contest. It's on my to-do list ASAP. Hopefully Monday.

Between the move, the holiday and everything else, it's pretty hectic around here.

Granted, the first/second/possibly third batches won't be assembled in house, but it was stated by BFL that that will be the case down the road. Perhaps because the flex space has an 18' ceiling height, a second floor can be constructed by AL Huber, thus giving BFL 2400 SF, enabling them to assemble in house with a more adequate space, albeit I believe they'll still come up short.
creativex

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 04:40:05 PM

It's actually worse than that to my mind. The BFL reps quoted seem to want to increase BFL's credibility by posting soundbites that require no proof whatsoever, which is fine by itself, but then when someone questions the inconsistencies in those posts they're attacked as idiots and/or stalkers by BFL's failure of a COO/PR frontman and a band of BFL supporters.

How can one be a stalker when the relevant information was posted by a BFL employee on an open forum? PG is simply fact checking a post made by a BFL rep, there's absolutely nothing inappropriate or creepy about it. There's a whole lot of money on the line here, and blindly accepting what any company employees say without proof can prove to be a very costly mistake.

These recently pointed out inconsistencies in BFL releases are just the latest in a long line of inconsistent and confusing posts by BFL reps. Inconsistencies that always seem to favor BFL and never seem to be addressed in any way other than their grossly incompetent COO leveling personnal attacks at potential customers on a public forum.

Yes, absolutely.  You've far eclipsed everyone else in denseness.  While some others are a neutron star level, you've exceeded that and slipped into the multiple solar mass singularity denseness.

Show me a valid concern that has not been addressed yet.  Oh that's right, one hasn't been raised.  As I said, there are no inconsistencies with BFL's statements on the subject.  The only inconsistency is some idiot with a web browser who doesn't understand what he's looking at.  It's not my job to protect idiots like you from yourselves.

...another useless post. Playing dumb, combined with further insults aimed at other's intelligence. You may disagree with what PG is posting, but he's clearly not an idiot. You're only further discrediting yourself at this point.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2012, 04:47:22 PM

It's actually worse than that to my mind. The BFL reps quoted seem to want to increase BFL's credibility by posting soundbites that require no proof whatsoever, which is fine by itself, but then when someone questions the inconsistencies in those posts they're attacked as idiots and/or stalkers by BFL's failure of a COO/PR frontman and a band of BFL supporters.

How can one be a stalker when the relevant information was posted by a BFL employee on an open forum? PG is simply fact checking a post made by a BFL rep, there's absolutely nothing inappropriate or creepy about it. There's a whole lot of money on the line here, and blindly accepting what any company employees say without proof can prove to be a very costly mistake.

Now you're pissing me off by posting truisms. Remember, I can find out who you are and where you live and am not afraid to post it. If I can't find you, I'll simply post vitals of some random guy I'll find on the internet and claim it's you.

Humor aside, nice post.

~Bruno K~
creativex

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 04:56:12 PM

Now you're pissing me off by posting truisms. Remember, I can find out who you are and where you live and am not afraid to post it. If I can't find you, I'll simply post vitals of some random guy I'll find on the internet and claim it's you.

Humor aside, nice post.

~Bruno K~

lol

Tough! Smiley ...it shan't take you long to dox me anyway, I've all but done as much myself here on bitcointalk. Even an "idiotic stalker creep" could figure it out at this point.

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 05:02:35 PM

I think a lot of the inconsistencies arise from normal daily operations. Things change, I'm not sure it can get any simpler.

When you are trying to build a business, product, whatever of significant magnitude, it's like trying to fly a plane while you are putting it together. When shit happens, you change the plan while you are still flying.

I experience this everyday. Unless you have a reality distortion field like Apple (which their's has even started to falter a bit, aka Apple maps...) things NEVER GO AS PLANNED.

What's that saying "the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray". You try to plan for the unknown unknowns, but something almost always comes up that takes your plans and throws them out the window.

I'm sure this post will bring out the "gigavps is a BFL shill" but this is the reality of things when you are building a business.
creativex

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 05:19:23 PM

I think a lot of the inconsistencies arise from normal daily operations. Things change, I'm not sure it can get any simpler.

When you are trying to build a business, product, whatever of significant magnitude, it's like trying to fly a plane while you are putting it together. When shit happens, you change the plan while you are still flying.

I experience this everyday. Unless you have a reality distortion field like Apple (which their's has even started to falter a bit, aka Apple maps...) things NEVER GO AS PLANNED.

What's that saying "the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray". You try to plan for the unknown unknowns, but something almost always comes up that takes your plans and throws them out the window.

Certainly understandable, but it doesn't explain the complete lack of explanations. If you are simply trying to build a business then you protect your reputation, because it's good business. In this case it would cost BFL nothing additional to employ a COO/PR frontman with the ability to act with some semblance of professionalism, yet they fail to do so. It would also cost BFL nothing to explain the inconsistencies with their public statements, instead the same poor performing company officer liberally dispenses insults to those that inquire. I think we can all agree this is bad business policy if you intend to continue operations going forward.

I'm sure this post will bring out the "gigavps is a BFL shill" but this is the reality of things when you are building a business.

I've other words I'd choose to describe gigavps, but that's not relevant at this time.

tcp_rst

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 05:24:33 PM

Thanks for this Giga.  I've maintained all along that anyone surprised/upset by anything related to BFL is revealing nothing but the fact that they made an uninformed decision about working with small tech start-ups.  Really sorry folks, but you just didn't do your research.  Oops, now I'm gonna get trolled/flamed.  Fortunately, I don't care since in the end I profit from that ignorance.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

BFL will be at CES:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/539-butterfly-labs-appear-ces-convention.html
ButterflyLabs will attend the CES Convention January 8-11, 2013 in Las Vegas,Nevada. We are partnering with BitPay and will have a booth at the annual convention. The CES Convention occupies many spots in and around Las Vegas. Butterfly Labs and BitPay's booth can be found in the Venetian convention center. This is the second trip to CES for Butterfly Labs. Attendees will get a sneak peak at some of our ASIC prototypes.

We will be at booth 70312, please stop by and introduce yourself. We would love to meet you in person.

(speculation below)

In that thread, "BFL AM Dave", the one who made the announcement in the OP, confirmed that the prototypes will not be hashing at the conference and will be dummy prototypes.

Does BFL already know that they will not have a product mid January? They seem to already know that they won't have a hashing prototype in time for Jan. 11th. The middle of January to me is January 15th, four days after that.

Is this another "oh- soorry guys- WE JUST FOUND OUT (in reality we knew about a month ago) that we have to delay" BFLism?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 06:19:48 PM

Stop and consider for a moment... people are seriously asking for our lease information.  Seriously.  I am almost speechless.  Call up any other hardware vendor in the world and ask them for a copy of their lease, see what they tell you.

Since when is the size of your office space Top Secret information?

Buy & Hold
Miner99er

Activity: 310

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 06:35:03 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2012, 06:45:55 PM by Miner99er

Stop and consider for a moment... people are seriously asking for our lease information.  Seriously.  I am almost speechless.  Call up any other hardware vendor in the world and ask them for a copy of their lease, see what they tell you.

Since when is the size of your office space Top Secret information?

It's the batcave... shhh... don't tell anyone.

On a more serious note... I don't care about warehouses (except the one I have). I don't care about forum drama (ecept when it's funny). Can we just please have a concrete day as to when the first products get shipped? Not delayed, not needing a re-spin, not needing a NEW clock buffer, not needing anything except the UPS/FEDEX/USPS guy picking them up to deliver to us. I want that day so I know to order MORE of your products, or to order your competitors cause BFL simply can't deliver.

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: