Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:48:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIMiner-scrypt: A GUIMiner fork for mining scrypt chains  (Read 993988 times)
itsallpc

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:17:06 PM

I love this it makes my life so easy but how can i set up a backup pool or failover if the first pool goes down and how can i setup automatic startup on pool failure?

Is this possible?

Thanks Loz

add a second pool with "-o stratum+tcp://yourpool.com:3333 -u user -p pass" in extra flags

Thank you so much perfect...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
catless

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:32:59 PM

What error message does it give?  If you have it set to autotune, it takes a while before it actually runs.

Try also:

Code:
"D:\Bitcoin Mining\guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\cudaminer\cudaminer.exe" -o stratum+tcp://mine.xxxxxx.xxx:3333/ -O xxxxxxx.worker:xxxx -d 0 -i 1 -l auto -C 0 -m 1

It looks like cudaminer had stratum added to it recently

Thank you but I'll have to try it tomorrow. I work weird hours and my bed is yelling my name. Loudly!
catless

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:53:42 PM

What error message does it give?  If you have it set to autotune, it takes a while before it actually runs.

Try also:

Code:
"D:\Bitcoin Mining\guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\cudaminer\cudaminer.exe" -o stratum+tcp://mine.xxxxxx.xxx:3333/ -O xxxxxxx.worker:xxxx -d 0 -i 1 -l auto -C 0 -m 1

Thank you but I'll have to try it tomorrow. I work weird hours and my bed is yelling my name. Loudly!

I just tried it now and am receiving "json_rpc_call failed, retry after 15 seconds" as well as "HTTP request failed: Failed connect to 127.0.0.1:9332; No error"

I don't have any idea what json is and that IP number isn't in the batch file at all!???
droptable

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:31:34 PM

127.0.0.1 seems to be your router. (LAN/WLAN)

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
catless

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:41:56 PM

127.0.0.1 seems to be your router. (LAN/WLAN)

Yeah, I knew that. Just how it got into the request is the mystery.
straightcoinage

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:33:47 PM

Please help an absolute beginner.

I've been trying to figure out this whole mining to a pool thing going on 5 hours now, and it's driven me a bit nuts. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've managed to get GUIMiner to heat up my laptop a bit, but I'm not seeing my worker doing any hash rate in my pool.

I have a horrible setup- a 6 year old core 2 duo laptop with HD 3650 graphics. I just want to start somewhere, ya know?

I'm trying to mine a sexcoin or two. Here's the getting started page at the pool, which shows the settings I should be using:http://sexcoin.ecoining.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted

Here's what my GUIMiner looks like: http://imgur.com/Oyo67LN

GUIMiner won't recognize my HD 3650 even though I have the latest Catalyst driver installed as well as AMD SDK v2.7. Also, I have no idea really of what to input into the blank fields such as thread concurrencies and victor vectors. Again, my pool at sexcoin.ecoining is showing 0 Khash/s for my worker.

I'm a noob looking to get into mining and buying a big rig, but it's soooo frustrating, time consuming, and headachey that I'm about to give up. Is there any hope for me?

droptable

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:53:12 AM

Please help an absolute beginner.

I've been trying to figure out this whole mining to a pool thing going on 5 hours now, and it's driven me a bit nuts. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've managed to get GUIMiner to heat up my laptop a bit, but I'm not seeing my worker doing any hash rate in my pool.

I have a horrible setup- a 6 year old core 2 duo laptop with HD 3650 graphics. I just want to start somewhere, ya know?
GUIMiner won't recognize my HD 3650 even though I have the latest Catalyst driver installed as well as AMD SDK v2.7. Also, I have no idea really of what to input into the blank fields such as thread concurrencies and victor vectors. Again, my pool at sexcoin.ecoining is showing 0 Khash/s for my worker.

a) the SDK is a trap!

I dont know why people still recommend to install it. It had wrekend my setup, and i m not the only one.
My "help" would be to recommend to uninstall it.

Follow this: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=11001.msg79830#msg79830

I know its painful, but it works for me (and for many others)

b) you need a pool with vardiff and a very low entry-diff

if your setup is old and the diff is to high your setup will not be able to solve the first share,
so the pool will never be able to send you something your setup can handle.

I suggest that after you have don a) you try mining litecoins at give-me-coins. just for testing.
the entry div is very low and the vardiff goes down to 16.
so your setup will be able to handle that, and you can see if everything works.

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
catless

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:42:19 PM

Try also:

Code:

I just tried it now and am receiving "json_rpc_call failed, retry after 15 seconds" as well as "HTTP request failed: Failed connect to 127.0.0.1:9332; No error"

I don't have any idea what json is and that IP number isn't in the batch file at all!???

Is there no help here? I'm afraid to run GUIMiner for fear of damaging my equipment, cudaminer doesn't work at all and I can't find anything else.
lauren2014

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:28:39 AM

thnx taco.
sly5am

Activity: 582
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:57:43 AM

Try also:

Code:

Is there no help here? I'm afraid to run GUIMiner for fear of damaging my equipment, cudaminer doesn't work at all and I can't find anything else.
This program is about as easy as it gets.. if you  cant run this .. I'd just stick to buying litecoins and bitcoins on an exchange.

diapers

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:27:57 PM

will this work for scrypt jane?
LPCobris

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:17:06 PM

Hi Taco!
Any news on a new version?

I have tested the CGWatcher like i told ya, but i find it too deep and complex, i did like the interface and graphics, but in the end i found that it was way too complex for my taste.

I do like the simplicity of the GUIMiner.

If you could add the possibility of:

- Making GUIMiner Start with windows (i have to manually do it on the startup folder)
- Ability to auto-restart the miners with various modes of restart and situations (like CGwatcher have for exemple)
- Ability to restart de Windows from time to time or in a event of failing of restart all miners.
- ability of second pool (without using the flags), put a space for a secondary pool, but if the main gets online, to revert to it...

Like i told you im no programmer, but i do like what ppl like you do, to make life of others easier... And so, i will reward you with some cryptocoin if you:

a) Don´t give up on the program
b) Use a new mining software (there is another with a lot of fixes for 290(s) users
c) Add new and usefull features to the aplication, without creating a too complicated or hard to use aplication.

With my best regards,

LPC
Smooth0ne

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:29:02 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 02:20:31 PM by Smooth0ne

So I am having the weirdest error with GUI Miner. Prior to today I was having no issues with it intialising and mining any selected coin. Today however I was installing a game.  I closed the application mid installation of the game and thought everything was fine. Ever since that time I have been unable to get GUI Miner to re-open correctly. It will open but it will only either show me the icon in system tray or taskbar. I can not get the program to come up onto the desktop. I also am unable to get the program to run my settings to mine. It will only close or open multiple sessions. i have tried everything I can think of to bring it up correctly and have no idea why this is happening. Ive tryed alt+tab, trying to pull it up via task manager,even tryed re installing latest video drivers. Nothing is working. WTF? I cant be the only person that has had this happen. Ive spent the las couple hours searching and have come up with nothing other then guiminer doesn't start. Mine starts fine just wont display to desktop!! Thx in advance to any that can help..

Edit: After numerous hours of reading info on this I tryed a suggestion mentioned online. I created a new user account and tryed it out. GUI miner not only works , but also increased my hash rate a bit. I am however confused on why this worked, and equally as confused as to how to solve it on the original user account as that is where all the stuff I normally access thru the day is. Thx for any advice.
l8_miner

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:33:44 AM

Guys, I need help here too.

Tried to run the guiminer-scrypt for litecoin on my Dell E520 (old system, but 24 Hours of electricity available), with ATI X1300 Pro 256MB.

I keep getting this error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 20, in <module>
  File "pyopencl\__init__.pyo", line 4, in <module>
  File "pyopencl\_cl.pyo", line 12, in <module>
  File "pyopencl\_cl.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Did some research and aparently I have to install some stuff by AMD. But I have to AMD product in this machine.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
franchais

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:35:20 AM

Hi guys, i'm new to bitcoin mining. I'm just unsure about my settings to put if I have a GTX680/GTX660. Settings like Thread concurrency, GPU threads etc. Any help would be great!
XCoinX

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:02:24 PM

tacotime; please help me with this. I sent you a PM but you are probably very busy to respond to all individual messages. I like GUI Miner a lot because it gives me a high hashrate, not sure if what the front end of GUI Miner displays is accurate and this is what i want to find out once and for all. I will be using CG Watcher do to this. I want troubleshoot some issues I have when running cgminer on its own and I would really appreciate help from someone that knows more how to use cgminer better than me, which won't be too difficult as I really am not good at command line entries as they have to be precisely exact in order to work and one single digit that is wrong will ensure its failure!

So I need to know which API port GUI Miner assigns to the cgminer instances? Anyone here can tell me this so I can connect to cgminer via CG Watcher and get an accurate reading of settings used by GUI Miner, I want to save the settings GUI Miner is using into a profile and then try a few different things to solve my problems. I am using the same settings I used in GUI Miner in standalone cgminer but I do not get the same results, so either cgminer is not as good without a decent front end, or, GUI Miner is reporting more optimistic hashrate and not showing any HW errors even if they are present. REALLY need HELP with this one, PLEASE!

I lso have no clue how to add fail over pools or temp cut off settings, etc, and yes I am aware this has been covered in this very thread but I simply do not understand how or where to add "flags" when no examples are shown to us within a full working profile for GUI Miner. For those that are more familiar with this sort of thing it is childs play for them and for most developers too, but most people are not that so do need tuts. It is easier to do in cgminer itself which is ironic in a way because GUI Miner with a GUI is supposed to make it all straight forward, surely? So I am not as hopeless as it may seem because I do find cgminer easy to configure on its own, to some extent at least. I want to switch to CG Watcher or just use cgminer alone for now until I manage to fix issues with BFG Miner or learn to use SG Miner. It seems none of these miners are perfect or work 100% as I would like them to but I need help in order to determine why this is. I have tuned all my thread-concurrency and intensity settings as much as I can and do get a decent hashrate but there are still some issues I need to fix. Sometimes I get too many rejects while running cgminer without GUI Miner or a few HW errors, even though I use the same settings and also get a lower hashrate. It could be due to several reasons and I won't know until I can better troubleshoot this by connecting to the API or knowing more about how GUI Miner works with its settings that are somewhat opaque or unknown in some areas. With all this said, I would like to support its continued development.

I have tried various API ports to connect t cgminer once GUI Miner is running but CG Watcher simply will not connct to it and I have been told by Justin it should do just fine once we know the API port GUI Miner uses.
williammm

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:33:07 AM

Dear Experts,

I need some guidance here. I have been trying to get GUIminer-scrypt to work on my Mac Pro 1.1.
My Mac Pro is running Windows 7 x64 via Boot Camp. I tried installing Cuda Toolkit as per instructed but it still doesn't work.
When installing Cuda toolkit it says my gpu are not supported.

Did i missed some steps?
williammm

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:05:56 PM

Dear Experts,

I need some guidance here. I have been trying to get GUIminer-scrypt to work on my Mac Pro 1.1.
My Mac Pro is running Windows 7 x64 via Boot Camp. I tried installing Cuda Toolkit as per instructed but it still doesn't work.
When installing Cuda toolkit it says my gpu are not supported.

Did i missed some steps?
Anyone willing to help?
venom2049

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:49:16 PM

Im trying to install guiminer on windows but it wont work, this is the message I got :

windows says see guiminer.exe.log for details

"ERROR:root:Exception:
  File "guiminer.py", line 3085, in run
  File "guiminer.py", line 2457, in __init__
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 11206, in Enable
PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item" failed at ..\..\src\common\menucmn.cpp(841) in wxMenuBase::Enable(): wxMenu::Enable: no such item
  File "guiminer.py", line 3094, in <module>
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item" failed at ..\..\src\common\menucmn.cpp(841) in wxMenuBase::Enable(): wxMenu::Enable: no such item
ERROR:root:Exception:
PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item" failed at ..\..\src\common\menucmn.cpp(841) in wxMenuBase::Enable(): wxMenu::Enable: no such item
  File "guiminer.py", line 3094, in <module>
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item" failed at ..\..\src\common\menucmn.cpp(841) in wxMenuBase::Enable(): wxMenu::Enable: no such item
"

Im pretty new at this so i dont know whats the problem
makikko

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:45:04 PM

Hello,

thanks for the guiminer scrypt
its usefull , but....

It would be GREAT if you can improve it and add "ROLLING POSSIBILITY" in SUMMARY list (sheet)
now its limited to see only FIRST cca 30profiles it depend on the monitors OS resolution
1profile -1Gpraphic card =  1 coin pool take about 3-5profiles depend on how many graphic your machine have...
and when somebody jumping between altercoins than is necessary to have more profiles x number of graphic cards ...so this simple rolling possibility
could be very usesful so we can simply roll down to see other pool profiles... and dont be limited only for a few profiles because we cannot see more in summary list...

I will also donate LTC if next version will have this posibility !

ANYWAY THANKS to read my problem and thanks for doing this soft..

ASIC will never stop massive using of graphic cards as the easist way of start mining for normal people..
so guiminer scrypt will be usefull for more time than you thing probably...

THANKS

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: