Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:11:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821056 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 11:39:14 AM

Hi there @ocminer, i see you posting on https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/8679/51-attack-pool-against-etc/p2

So do you support the 51% attack from ETH to ETC?

and

do you own https://grs.suprnova.cc/  ?  I mine Groestl with you?  You are not part of the attack are you?  Will suprnover host the attack pool?

Hey, I've closed my ETH pool because I don't support mutability blockchains or better "censorship"... Code is law and should be law, so I think I'd be the LAST person on the world attacking the chain, I'd rather set up a 0%fee counter-attack-pool ...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitBanksy

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 11:53:49 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2016, 01:12:52 PM by BitBanksy

"Coinbase CEO Admits There Could Be Bugs in Ethereum Hard fork, Celebrates Combined Value of ETH and ETC"
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/coinbase-eth-etc/

Learn to read dude: "Coinbase CEO admitted (1 week ago) there could be bugs in the DAO". We all knew it and don't need to be reminded the DAO fiasco.
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 11:59:20 AM

Hi there @ocminer, i see you posting on https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/8679/51-attack-pool-against-etc/p2

So do you support the 51% attack from ETH to ETC?

and

do you own https://grs.suprnova.cc/  ?  I mine Groestl with you?  You are not part of the attack are you?  Will suprnover host the attack pool?

Hey, I've closed my ETH pool because I don't support mutability blockchains or better "censorship"... Code is law and should be law, so I think I'd be the LAST person on the world attacking the chain, I'd rather set up a 0%fee counter-attack-pool ...

Thank you for clarification.  Just mindful of double agents and agentprovocateurs

itismoney4me

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 12:27:58 PM

Learn to read dude: "Coinbase CEO admitted (2 weeks ago) there could be bugs in the DAO". We all knew it and don't need to be reminded the DAO fiasco.

Sorry dude !
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 12:55:02 PM

So this is it? Is the hashing power of ETC rising or falling? For the first few days the original has been gaining momentum. But now the people are getting anxious because it is still an uphill battle and now the stakes are high because the original chain could be attacked.

Please update us on what is going on. That will be appreciated.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 01:15:17 PM

Eth Just dont respect nothing.
Why dont let market free?
Maybe the attaker to eth come from eth users.

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 04:48:34 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2016, 09:31:24 PM by sirazimuth

Blah blah blah..sell all your shit, here's an article from some guy in his mom's basement.  

as the parroting pumpertits says in every one of his posts every other word......lol

guess im not the only one who finds this pumpy character annoying

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
ayiphelmy
Copper Member

Activity: 416
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:07:58 PM

feelingg lucky out in right time...
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:09:52 PM

time to buy more etc guys!

keep ur eyes on!

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:15:43 PM

We will see
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 06:30:23 PM

First EthereumClassic meetup on 18 August in London https://twitter.com/bit_novosti/status/759285973981208576

Litecoin dev: Major miners are turning to #ETC now. https://twitter.com/TheRealXinxi/status/759255155674062848

destroyer_ad

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:58:26 PM

time to buy more etc guys!

keep ur eyes on!
i did  Grin
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 07:03:18 PM

Hey folks,

just a short heads up my US node crashed and my auto-restart script didn't catch it fast enough, so there was some loss of hashrate on the pool,
to compensate I've put fees to 0% and 20% bonus for the next 12h on https://etc.suprnova.cc

Script is now fixed, thanks for your understanding ! Smiley

Oh and BTW: why did noone tell me the ETH diff was still shown at some places, this is now fixed too Smiley

Nobody wants free coins?  Still some left...  Grab the Bonus

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 07:05:25 PM

First EthereumClassic meetup on 18 August in London https://twitter.com/bit_novosti/status/759285973981208576

Litecoin dev: Major miners are turning to #ETC now. https://twitter.com/TheRealXinxi/status/759255155674062848

Hashrate has been steady between 390-520 GH/s lately.

Down from 1500.

Things seems to stabilize around here.
The miners who got burned in the start doesnt seem to return. (simply too many issues with payouts the first days)

Maybe increased value will change their minds.

greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 07:27:54 PM

So this is it? Is the hashing power of ETC rising or falling? For the first few days the original has been gaining momentum. But now the people are getting anxious because it is still an uphill battle and now the stakes are high because the original chain could be attacked.

Please update us on what is going on. That will be appreciated.

Well it all looks good from here,
Eth successfully forked away from the network and established their own chain.  We wish them the very best of luck in their chosen way forward.
ETC hashrate has been steady and constant at around ~500Gh/s since shortly after the passing of Block 192......
A stable market price has been established.  Community, exchanges, users and Companies have on the whole been supportive.  A big thank you to everyone who has supported ETC.

We have been threatened with 51% attack on 2 occasions which i find both shocking and unorthodox as most attackers like to use the element of surprise and remain anonymous.  Moreover, I hope we are not entering a  new age of crypto posturing and bullying between coins.  That's just not good for crypto as a whole.

It feels nice to be free from the autocracy of adolescent dictatorship actually. Let the free markets decide who they wish to support.

I think we have successfully nailed our colours to the mast.  Don't you?

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 07:48:32 PM

Not sure why, but I didn't even think about a thread for ETC and posted some stuff about ETC in the ETH-Tread. I'll post it here as well:

Disclaimer: Just watching, not invested in ETH or ETC. But of course: One of the most interesting situations I've seen in Crypto since Craig Wright. ;-)

Who will survive - without safe answer of course

imagine both coins survive..
will one always be ahead with development ? and the otherone will just copy ,if its a good feature and its tested on  chain A?

we might see debats like: how long till we will also do pos ?
or will the coins separet in total different directions ?

There is an interesting "paradox" and it could turn out as very bad for ETH:

If ETC should survive, ETC will copy everything what will be developed for ETH. At least that's the plan:

At the initial stage, maintaining 100 percent compatibility with Ethereum is a high priority for us. This also means that we don't really need to do much development, we simply fork the code from the Ethereum repository and update accordingly. But, of course, if current Ethereum developers want to join us — now or in the future — they are more than welcome to do so. We are aiming for the same thing here: building a better future for humankind, where smart contract platforms provide a mechanism for social and economic cooperation on a truly global scale.
https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@ghostyeti/interview-with-arvicco-developer-of-ethereum-classic

What's interesting about that situation is: The Ethereum-team would do the development, but ETC could become the project to trust!

If it survives potential problems because of the DAO-hack etc.

--> ETC will be more Ethereum than Ethereum. Because it will be the same tech on the original chain and without a bail-out-decision to secure funds of friends.

What I mean becomes clear if you read this:

More and more companies are openly showing their support for Ethereum Classic. To the majority of enterprises in the cryptocurrency world, supporting ETC may not make much sense. But Stampery feels there is a good reason to support the pre-hard fork Ethereum initiative. After all, the company wants to let anyone create verifiable records of their data.
http://themerkle.com/stampery-drops-forked-ethereum-blockchain-support-due-to-censorship-concerns/

Why Stampery supports Ethereum Classic

(...)

For transactions to be final and unmodifiable, blockchains need to be immune to third party interference. This promise was completely broken by Ethereum. Hard forks should only happen when a catastrophic bug puts in danger the core values of the technology. In this case the consensus mechanism worked just fine. The blockchain was modified simply because a group of people lost too much money and they decided to bail themselves out.

This is completely unacceptable for Stampery because it creates a dangerous precedent. A powerful government might now decide to push for a hard fork that changes blocks in which we anchored data. They could claim “national interest” for doing so. Or a “too big too fail” corporation could force a fork because it wants to wipe all proof of some questionable process recorded on the blockchain. Because of this we prefer to anchor our data to a blockchain in which hard forks happen only when a protocol-level bug needs to be fixed.

(...)
https://medium.com/@Stampery/why-stampery-supports-ethereum-classic-4c86ec7cca17#.2ufi5ptwm

The problem for Ethereum could become:

- Why should companies trust ETH instead of ETC if ETC will be technically the same as ETH?

- Why shouldn't they use ETC if it's the same as ETH if they can trust ETC more than ETH?

- Why should anybody trust the original team and not the original chain?

And if there should be a tendency for such a situation: At least some Ethereum-Dev's would leave ETH and join ETC --> ETC would become stronger and Ethereum weaker. In the end it could be ETC which will become the real Ethereum again, and in fact it always was the original.

In fact the Ethereum-team abandoned the original chain! Why? Because of their bad job with TheDAO! Because of the high funding of theDAO! And what was theDAO about? Speculation, but I believe it was to fund Ethereum-guys - slock.it and so on. I never believed in theDAO because for me it looked too shady. But, just my personal opinion.

Under the line I'm not sure how good the chances are that ETC will survive, but if, I expect it to become stronger than ETH and ETH to die. And I'm not joking here. And I'm not saying it because I'm against ETH or for ETC - no Investment.

Btw: I'm mainly in Factom. And Factom also announced in march:

Factom Plans To Anchor Into Ethereum Blockchain
http://themerkle.com/factom-plans-to-anchor-into-ethereum-blockchain/

And I don't know what they'll decide but it doesn't make much sense to secure a system into a blockchain if it's immutability is a question of submissive decisions with a focus on bailing out Investors. I mean: If the DAO would have been funded just with $10 Mio and not with team-money, would there be two chains now? Never.

And yesterday Factom announced a partnership with smartcontract.com, and on their site:

Ethereum Smart Oracles
Give your Ethereum smart contracts access to external resources like data feeds, your internal systems, additional blockchains and traditional banks/payment networks.
https://smartcontract.com

And it's not about Factom what will happen with data they'll provide to Ethereum, but they can provide it to all Smart Contract projects, ETC included. What I want to say with that: There is no reason to ignore ETC out of perspective of other companies. They won't feel loyal to Ethereum because they like Vitalik and his team.

There is some possibility that in future ppl will say that the original team abandoned the original Ethereum while ETC will be Ethereum.
Because there are not that many reasons to trust the original team which injured the original chain because of own interest as a result of bad code before. It's like a step-by-step but lastly total damage of credibility.

About a 51%-attack

I hope developers realize that not only can they get forked, now eth miners have no morals and will 51% attack them. Eth has no morals

I've seen the plans for an 51%-attack on the ETH-forum and I don't have much doubt that there will be some kinds of attacks. But: There is a psychological problem that shouldn't be underestimated: How does the ETH-team look now?

Short overview:

1. They (or some of them) developed theDAO
2. TheDAO was funded with a lot of team-money - ridiculous $150 Mio in total. That's 3 times of the original Ethereum-CFC if I recall it correctly(?)
3. Slock.it wanted funds - could be seen as intention to develop theDAO - could give a shady impression
4. TheDAO launched on Polo - and it wasn't too successfully while some even believed it would rise in price --> totally misconception/irrational
5. Than the "Hack" - and obviously: All warnings ignored but claimed it would be secure. It says some things about them as developers.
6. Articles come out, not blaming just the code of theDAO but the Ethereum-coding-language: Solidity
7. Decision to do rush out a HF, because time is running -  and totally convinced the other chain would die soon after
8. But: ETC lives and gets stronger - not weaker (at least for now)

And now add to this:

9. Ethereum-guys attack the original chain to bail out their butts again.

All points smell like "money is the priority" while nothing seems professional. For me personally just the existence of theDAO was a signal not to touch Ethereum. Not because I believed it would be not secure. I have no clue about coding. But the economical side was bad in my eyes, for Ethereum. I mean, it's speculation because we will never find out. But also the high funding was not rational. It seemed too shady, to much like: Easy way to get funds for other Ethereum-projects.

And the believe of blinded Investors, the price could increase beyond the funding was totally naive. It had to go down, because every time it would have invested it would have "lost" funds (to invest) while there always would have been the possibility of a bad investment.

Thing is: Without any doubt they have a very serious credibility-problem now and that will become worse if they should attack ETC and be successful in killing it.

Out of their perspective it would be rational to do it, because if ETC survives it really could be the beginning of Ethereums dead. But if Ethereum-members and miners should be responsible for it, there will be many people in Crypto, maybe a majority, who will disagree with that.

Again it would seem as if the team will do anything to rescue themselves. In combination with all what happened before, and some articles that were highly critical about the DAO and even more, it will begin to seem shady. I mean, Vitalik Buterin is one of the biggest stars in Crypto. People have a lot of respect for him and I really respect him as well and I don't believe that he ever had bad intentions or is in the Game just for the money. But people will lose faith.

And: Even without any thoughts about ETC, the next bad news for Ethereum, if there should come out more flaws regarding the code or whatever: Not sure if it would survive. As I said: I'm not a coder, but there seem to be serious problems and if not even ETH-Dev's are able to develop a smart contract in a secure way - who will use Ethereum for smart contracts?

And of course: That would also be a problem for ETC if true.

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 07:52:00 PM

Next is getting actual dapps. Ethf doesn't have killer apps either, so the world is watching which chain gets profitable dapps.

dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:20:00 PM

Why should ETC tokens have value at all? The tokens depend on non-consensus of ETH and them moving over. Otherwise the snapshotted state has no meaning. The occurring fungibility problems are a huge red flag. Listing ETC is bad for the exchanges who have to deal with this. This really shows the issues with hard-forks.

ETC is ethereum pre-hardFork, so why not keep it and change ticker/name to the other ethereum hardfork to something like ETHF or ETF ?

ETH miners have been upgrading software given them from ETH team from the beginning - why should this upgrade by different? The issue is you can't get rid of the dev team like this. If you have a new team, you have a new coin (team roughly corresponds to commit rights).

Little doubt in my mind ETC holders will loose out from this valuation. Most holding ETC, previous ETH holders, don't use /accept them. ETC has no development team. As an exchange listing ETC means taking on huge risks, as we have seen.

It seems hard-forks are not well understood, in particular in relation to source code publishing. I guess we will see what happens? As a merchant and exchange I think there are a lot of risks associated with ETC (and ETH I guess).

on long run ETH lost the credit liability, goodwill because the hate. The ETH investors don't like this. This is total damage  for the ethereum foundation.

I believe that ETC has already won. We waiting only for the right price.
for ETH is better to setup a holding company ETC / ETH

Only real people losing out is people that are holding hard fork ETH. ETC is ETH and you wonder why there is a bitcoin blocksize debate for over 2 years.

Problem with people saying that ETC is worthless is because they are invested in ETH and now that a hardfork has happen there are two chain and reply attacks. ETC is here to say and its more likely will gain ETH market shares.

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:22:05 PM

Ethf doesn't have killer apps either,

Stop the fucking comparison,everyone knows ETC is the real Ethereum & a decentralized crypto,not fiat.If any company wants to invest or build on ethf then it is clearly because ethf is a mutable centralized scam.

This is not a race to win or to put someone down.

yo
BitBanksy

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:25:23 PM

Next is getting actual dapps. Ethf doesn't have killer apps either, so the world is watching which chain gets profitable dapps.

Hey boss! Is there a way to verify and publish a solidity source code for ETC?

Also, I've a stagnant dapp build and published on the old Ethereum blockchain. How the dapp will react if I send ETC instead of ETH?

Looking forward to your feedback / Keep up the good work mate!
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: