Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:57:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 [700] 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234010 times)
ptcgroup10009

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:39:10 PM

Now that someone has mentioned the word Nano, do you think that Byteball can/will ever be supported also on Ledger Nano or Trezor?

It would be great to have a Ledger Nano Support! But I think it will take some time to bring Byteball to a hardware wallet, because of its DAG chain.

well the byteball has the ability to have a multisig account with a computer plus a tablet or phone or all three to have a payment sent. so a hacker will need to hack two or three accounts at the same time to move your funds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
harald71

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:44:32 AM

Hey, I'd like to sell 2,5 GBB. Actually I wanted to held them but I need ETH, so I'd sell them if anyone is interested. PM please

Using an exchange is probably your fastest and safest way.  Or a converter like shapeshift or changelly.

Good idea, if blackbytes would be on exchanges  Cheesy

snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:23:16 AM

with the price  now ,i think i should buy some BYTEBALL and hold,  this is a good project,so undervalued now,take the chance.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:17:36 AM

Hey, I'd like to sell 2,5 GBB. Actually I wanted to held them but I need ETH, so I'd sell them if anyone is interested. PM please

Using an exchange is probably your fastest and safest way.  Or a converter like shapeshift or changelly.

There is www.beeb-bot.com
.cryptic.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:20:26 AM

with the price  now ,i think i should buy some BYTEBALL and hold,  this is a good project,so undervalued now,take the chance.
I also see this as a great opportunity to buy and hold some byteballs when the prize is so low. With its low total supply of 1 Million coins and the development happening in the background, it has to moon at some point in time.
byteball3r

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:37:09 AM

I agree with Seeder. A roadmap should be publicized and marketing should be improved. Roadmap wouldn't take a whole lot of effort as it is mostly abstractions described in broad terms.

I know a big point of byteball is having simple human-readable contracts (that are not "Turing complete") but it might be prudent in terms of appeal to the markets to have plans to add features to the contract language so that more things could be done similar to ethereum with a "smarter" language. You possibly could still differentiate Byteball by aiming to reduce the possibility of screw-ups as in DAO hack etc while still allowing more smart contract functionality than currently exists on Byteball network. This way you could also hop on iota marketing strategy.

Markets would also probably like it if you brought on more devs in an official capacity. Perhaps compensating with percentage of remaining Byteball similar to/out of original dev reservation.

Just a suggestion. Thanks devs.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 08:18:54 AM

This coin reminds me of Monero in 2015. Trading volume was almost dead, people were leaving Monero and everyone was yelling Monero is dead.

Well apparently it was the time to accumulate.  Wink
1 Monero in 2015: $0.50
1 MBYTE now: $0.25
1 Monero now: $94.38

If growth like that is going to happen, then indeed GBYTE should be replaced by MBYTE on exchanges. $47000 per GBYTE means you pay your restaurant bill for 0.001 GBYTE, that makes 1 MBYTE as default more convenient.
Then again, Tony's screenshot with the pizza-order always shows 100,000 bytes for a pizza, with mass-adoption we could switch to just prices in bytes.

I'm not saying Byteball is dead now though, it's just not hyped.

I know a big point of byteball is having simple human-readable contracts (that are not "Turing complete") but it might be prudent in terms of appeal to the markets to have plans to add features to the contract language so that more things could be done similar to ethereum with a "smarter" language.
Byteball uses oracles to get anything more complicated into a contract. An oracle can be basically anything you can think of, as long as both parties trust the oracle.

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:14:56 AM

Byteball uses oracles to get anything more complicated into a contract. An oracle can be basically anything you can think of, as long as both parties trust the oracle.

How can be prevented that the oracle supplies false info to the DAG.
If you have a "smart contract" that relies on oracle which supplies external info to the DAG and if that info is "not correct"
don't you think it could cause a lot of damage.

In my opinion this is a common problem to all technologies (DAGs or blockchains) that supposed to use oracles
not only byteball.

rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:20:06 AM

If you have a "smart contract" that relies on oracle which supplies external info to the DAG and if that info is "not correct"
don't you think it could cause a lot of damage.

In my opinion this is a common problem to all technologies (DAGs or blockchains) that supposed to use oracles
not only byteball.

How can a smart contract know what's happening in the world outside the blockchain?

This is a problem common to all smart contracts platform.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:38:04 AM

This coin reminds me of Monero in 2015. Trading volume was almost dead, people were leaving Monero and everyone was yelling Monero is dead.

If growth like that is going to happen, then indeed GBYTE should be replaced by MBYTE on exchanges. $47000 per GBYTE means you pay your restaurant bill for 0.001 GBYTE, that makes 1 MBYTE as default more convenient.
Then again, Tony's screenshot with the pizza-order always shows 100,000 bytes for a pizza, with mass-adoption we could switch to just prices in bytes.

I don't think this comparison holds steady for the following reasons:
1. Byteball is not like Monero (yes Blackbytes let us do private payments but Monero is publicly traded on exchanges);
2. Monero has a huge community compared to Byteball and more devs work on it;
3. Byteball has a fixed supply based on airdrops, while Monero is still mineable

I am here since the beginning, I believe Byteball needs a bit more time and recognition (and maybe some other exchanges that will list it). But eventually the good will out, I'm sure.
It looks to me one of the most advanced coins out there.

my 2 bytes
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 09:38:45 AM

You can prevent this by choosing an oracle you trust. There are already many organisations you (have to) trust. If they abuse your trust, you'll never trust them again. Take for example Bittrex: I already trust them. If they would create an Oracle that provides some sort of information, they'd hurt their main business if their oracle can't be trusted.

If you have a "smart contract" that relies on oracle which supplies external info to the DAG and if that info is "not correct" don't you think it could cause a lot of damage.
The "smart contract" hype creates theoretical uses for all sorts of smart contracts, without the real world link. You can't rent a car with a smart contract, without the rental company knowing about it. An oracle links the virtual currency to the real world.

not only byteball.
Correct. But you'll have to trust something somewhere to connect bytes to the real world.

andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 10:04:27 AM

I don't think this comparison holds steady for the following reasons:
1. Byteball is not like Monero (yes Blackbytes let us do private payments but Monero is publicly traded on exchanges);
2. Monero has a huge community compared to Byteball and more devs work on it;
3. Byteball has a fixed supply based on airdrops, while Monero is still mineable

I am here since the beginning, I believe Byteball needs a bit more time and recognition (and maybe some other exchanges that will list it). But eventually the good will out, I'm sure.
It looks to me one of the most advanced coins out there.

my 2 bytes

Exactly the reasons on why you should be accumulating more during this period. One of these days, you'll look back at the time when few people know about byteball. You exit a coin holding when it's popular and everybody wants a piece of it. People selling now are just in for the quick profit.

Technos

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:07:07 PM

I'm not surprised at all with the low volume. Byteball not even started yet. This whole witnesses concept is completely new and untested... but also an unique opportunity to invest, as someone already said.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
TylerJordan

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:14:23 PM

Anton,   what's Blackbytes? Anonymity is always desired in cryptocurrencies Smiley
Seeder

Activity: 614

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:58:04 PM

How about a bot capable of exchanging Bytes and Blackbytes for Fiat? How this works can be seen in BISQ (https://bisq.network).

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
███████    ████████    ████████   ██
███████      ██████      ██████    ███
██████        ████        ████    ████
█████    ██    ██    ██    ██    █████
████    ████        ████        ██████
██    ██████      ██████      ██████
██   ████████    ████████    ███████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████▄                 ▄███████████▄
█  ▄  ▄  █                 █  ▄  ▄  ▄  █
█  ▀  ▀  █                 █  ▀  ▀  ▀  █
▀████▄ ██▀                 ▀██ ▄███████▀
    ▀███                     ███▀
         █████████████████▄
         █▄▄▄             ▀█
          █▄               █
           ▀█              █
            █  ▄▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▄  █
      ▄██   █  ▀▄▄▀  ▀▄▄▀  █    ██▄
 ▄████▀ ██▄ █              █  ▄██ ▀████▄
 █  ▄  ▄  █ █              █  █  ▄  ▄  █
 █  ▀  ▀  █ ▀█       ▄▄▀  █▀  █  ▀  ▀  █
 ▀████████▀  ▀█▄        ▄█▀   ▀████████▀
               ▀████████▀
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀      ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█▀▀            ▀█▀▀█▀            ▀▀█▄
▄█                ▄▀▀▄                █▄
█                ▄▀  ▀▄                █

█                     
█                     
█████████  ██████████████ 
█       █  █            █ 
███████████████  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
█             █            █ 
█  █████████  █  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
██████████████        █            █ 
█            ███████  █  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █        █            █ 
█            ███████████████▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █             █       █ 
█            █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█    ████    █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█    █  █    █             █       █ 
████████████████████████████████████████

[ Whitepaper ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Twitter ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ LinkedIn ]

Hatat

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:43:43 PM

with the price  now ,i think i should buy some BYTEBALL and hold,  this is a good project,so undervalued now,take the chance.

The price has not stablized. So it might be better to wait for a few more weeks.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:46:14 PM

How about a bot capable of exchanging Bytes and Blackbytes for Fiat? How this works can be seen in BISQ (https://bisq.network).

Defo more options for blackbytes needed. Monero has done very well due to its anonymity features. Blackbytes could do well also given more options for people to trade. From what i see we dont yet have byteballs anywhere but bittrex and couple other small exchanges.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:28:40 PM

I'm not surprised at all with the low volume. Byteball not even started yet. This whole witnesses concept is completely new and untested... but also an unique opportunity to invest, as someone already said.

Byteball needs some marketing, especially for the merchant campaign. But it might be a good thing to finish with the distribution first, at least >75% finished. As for the 'untested' witness concept, the concept has been tested times and again in many applications but I get your point as it is an new feature for a cryptocurrency.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 05:50:00 PM

Byteball needs some marketing, especially for the merchant campaign. But it might be a good thing to finish with the distribution first, at least >75% finished. As for the 'untested' witness concept, the concept has been tested times and again in many applications but I get your point as it is an new feature for a cryptocurrency.

I like tonych's attitude, keep quiet and dev on. If you build it they will come, only bullshit needs heavy marketing.

pxrunes

Activity: 80

https://lucky.byte-ball.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 06:08:29 PM

Hey guys,

i am announcing my new project:

Luckybytes

It's an in app lottery in which you can play using your Byteball Bytes. There are three different game modes to participate in. Win large amounts of Bytes depending on the number of players on the principle of «the winner takes it all». All games are provably fair. Each lottey comes with a game and proof hash whichs let a player validate and prove the results against manipulation.

The catch is: you can play it in the byteball app or after login through the app: online on any device!

Please try it out and give me your feedback Smiley

https://lucky.byte-ball.com/

Pages: « 1 ... 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 [700] 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: