Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2020, 05:55:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.20.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 [742] 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 ... 1113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1216116 times)
bitjoin

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:17:32 PM

How long do confirmations take for byteball, is there anywhere i can view the transactions confirming?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
[/table

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:26:57 PM

But why do you see the whales as potential enemies of BB? If I was a whale of BB, I would want the price to go up and not down

What if every new alt was given mostly to whales for free with no need to risk any of their bitcoin stash?

Even in a fair ICO whales must risk their btc stash to get a whale share of the tokens.

Whales should get the same as everyone else not automatic whale shares in all future projects for free. The very notion of this is ludicrous.

It is probably the most unfair distributional model other than a full on scam

It is not as simple as you think either. If a coin is not distributed well and there are super whales these whales control and make the market. Even if there eventual game is for higher prices they can cause huge periods of crushingly low prices and then super peaks when ever they want it is impossible to trade against them really. It is not natural well distributed market forces it is simply the will of a handful of people. Their will is to extract as much wealth from everyone else including other holders of their same alt project by market making.

I don't see how we are even debating this is a good way to distribute i mean it is clearly not a good way at all.

Same for these BTC forks they are simply a way for the btc whales to get free whale shares in every new alt (these forks are alts until they become the
prime btc)

I don't see bb as a scam i just see it a great piece of work hampered by a crazy model for distribution that just keeps getting more and more insane. You will end up annoying those now that bought BB from the market place counting on an air drop on full moons that now get a 90% hair cut on their btc and no more airdrops. The reason for this air drop culling is because we need the coins for development. So we piss of genuined investors because we gave most of it to our competition and exchanges and the super rich that should have been forced to buy these huge chunks of bb but got it for free and dont need to buy in now.

This is full crazy from all angles. People will not want to invest on the basis of holding for airdrops so even less incentive to invest now.

I await a masterplan or ace up the sleeve where this entire distributional model all makes perfect sense. Since no doubt tony must have had a reason for this path.

Having said all of that - this is still a CLEAR buy at these prices and I am picking up more.

The ico process looks like a winner and if atomic exchanges are possible then this is totally undervalued even with the madness of the distribution.

Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:41:10 PM

where I can find a good calculator to see how much I can earn with each airdrop from byte ball?
I never used this system Sad unfortunately I have lost a lot Sad without claiming

There is no way a calculator can figure it out, since the numbers you would be feeding it would all be guess work.
If such a real calculator existed, then everyone and no one would make money.

You didn't lose anything since you didn't try or consider getting anything.  You simply missed out.  There is always someone later than you.

But why do you see the whales as potential enemies of BB? If I was a whale of BB, I would want the price to go up and not down

Exactly.   Holders never want the price to go down --- unless it temporary because they want to pick some more up

How long do confirmations take for byteball, is there anywhere i can view the transactions confirming?

It's not a set time.
So, sometimes it's minute apart, and sometimes 15.   Just guessing.
Would be nice to see a stats page.  Might already exist, and if so, I would like to see it.  (Link anyone?)

bitjoin

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:55:28 PM

Can anyone confirm that they've been able to deposit byteball into bittrex today? i sent mine couple hours ago and wallet says confirm but nothing on exchange.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
[/table
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

Codl water with lemon

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:52:13 PM

Another distribution, another drop but proportionally smaller compared to the previous ones. As many others I don't understand why people keep complaining about the distribution model, lack of progresses etc. etc. etc.
This coin was a gift for all BTC holders: tonych did not ask anything to us.
Please go whining somewhere else

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough
wiseye

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:14:14 PM

Another distribution, another drop but proportionally smaller compared to the previous ones. As many others I don't understand why people keep complaining about the distribution model, lack of progresses etc. etc. etc.
This coin was a gift for all BTC holders: tonych did not ask anything to us.
Please go whining somewhere else
You're right! Tony is entirely for the sake of dreams, for a great product!
Coiner_

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:39:23 PM

I thought I agreed with you but the more I read your posts the more I wonder what you're even arguing about and your motivation for it.

What if every new alt was given mostly to whales for free with no need to risk any of their bitcoin stash?

You say this like the non-whales were under different rules for this airdrop. And you're aware that if these whales actually decided to "risk" their BTC, the rise and drop (assuming they're actually responsible) would be far more spectacular, right?

Even in a fair ICO whales must risk their btc stash to get a whale share of the tokens.

As do non-whales. Your point?

Whales should get the same as everyone else not automatic whale shares in all future projects for free. The very notion of this is ludicrous.

Er, no they "shouldn't". The airdrop presented equal opportunity not forced equal outcomes. The former is reasonable and the latter is what is ludicrous.

Really? A surprisingly fair distribution model is unfair to you because "whales and stuff..."?

It is not as simple as you think either. If a coin is not distributed well and there are super whales these whales control and make the market. Even if there eventual game is for higher prices they can cause huge periods of crushingly low prices and then super peaks when ever they want it is impossible to trade against them really. It is not natural well distributed market forces it is simply the will of a handful of people. Their will is to extract as much wealth from everyone else including other holders of their same alt project by market making.

Didn't Michail1 and ECB above say something like the top holders haven't really changed since the distribution started? You forget the fact that it's very easy to get people to sell off their stuff simply by putting up a fake sell wall.

I don't see how we are even debating this is a good way to distribute i mean it is clearly not a good way at all.

And your alternative is what exactly? Ban everyone holding more than 1BTC/16GB from the airdrop?

Same for these BTC forks they are simply a way for the btc whales to get free whale shares in every new alt (these forks are alts until they become the
prime btc)

This applies to everyone holding BTC! The card-stacking is laughable. You keep trying to focus so much on what "the btc whales get" like every other person does not have a chance to get the same thing.
naska21

Activity: 1386
Merit: 598

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:50:56 PM

Now we have the first real-world project that chose Byteball as a platform for their ICO.

It is TitanCoin: http://titan-coin.com/en/

That ICO did not trigger demand for Gbyte so far and the price is in further fall. All wanna bitcoin.  But lets keep a hope.

whole nazca signature space owned by naska21 for rent, feel free to PM me
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:35:21 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 05:46:14 PM by cryptohunter

I thought I agreed with you but the more I read your posts the more I wonder what you're even arguing about and your motivation for it.

You say this like the non-whales were under different rules for this airdrop. And you're aware that if these whales actually decided to "risk" their BTC, the rise and drop (assuming they're actually responsible) would be far more spectacular, right?

As do non-whales. Your point?

Er, no they "shouldn't". The airdrop presented equal opportunity not forced equal outcomes. The former is reasonable and the latter is what is ludicrous.

Really? A surprisingly fair distribution model is unfair to you because "whales and stuff..."?

Didn't Michail1 and ECB above say something like the top holders haven't really changed since the distribution started? You forget the fact that it's very easy to get people to sell off their stuff simply by putting up a fake sell wall.

And your alternative is what exactly? Ban everyone holding more than 1BTC/16GB from the airdrop?

prime btc)

This applies to everyone holding BTC! The card-stacking is laughable. You keep trying to focus so much on what "the btc whales get" like every other person does not have a chance to get the same thing.

Sorry but honestly and not to be rude your replies illustrate you have not understood my points at all and your rebuttals (if that is what they are meant to be) are unanswerable since they make little sense to start with. Please re-read what I have written think about it further and then have another try.

Motive is irrelevant. Try to understand that when you present observable events the motivation for presentation is of no matter.

Fact is if you had a whale stash of btc you were automatically given a whale share of bb for free with no risk to your btc. My motive for presentation is irrelevant.

The mere fact that you are (well i think you are) trying to say being a btc whale should automatically entitle you to be an alt whale in all future alts with no risk to your btc was enough for me to pretty much brush over the rest of it.

Coiner_

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:44:51 PM

[-- snip --]

Sorry but honestly and not to be rude your replies illustrate you have not understood my points at all and your rebuttals (if that is what they are meant to be) are unanswerable since they make little sense to start with.

I could say the same about yours. No, I do say the same about yours in the very first sentence. And you didn't need to quote my entire post if you weren't going to offer any substantive response.

Please re-read what I have written think about it further and then have another try.

You're going to have to rephrase your post because all I'm getting from it is someone who was hurt by whale manipulation early on or has an issue with people being rich and, as they usually do, getting richer.

Motive is irrelevant. Try to understand that when you present observable events the motivation for presentation is of no matter.

Perhaps but in this case it's, IMHO, clearly clouding your judgement.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:52:50 PM

[-- snip --]

Sorry but honestly and not to be rude your replies illustrate you have not understood my points at all and your rebuttals (if that is what they are meant to be) are unanswerable since they make little sense to start with.

I could say the same about yours. No, I do say the same about yours in the very first sentence. And you didn't need to quote my entire post if you weren't going to offer any substantive response.

Please re-read what I have written think about it further and then have another try.

You're going to have to rephrase your post because all I'm getting from it is someone who was hurt by whale manipulation early on or has an issue with people being rich and, as they usually do, getting richer.

Perhaps but in this case it's, IMHO, clearly clouding your judgement.

What you are getting from it is unimportant to me. If you can not understand the simple points I have made then that is not my issue.

Most people will be able to glean 2 simple things if not all of what i have said.

What you are getting is also provably incorrect since I have gained in large from this distributional model since I linked my BTC at the start and it was a reasonable amount. Although I would not class it as a whale sum.

I would not assume that always personal financial gain is the motive for all posting here.

Let me break it down to a few simple yes or no's for you then.

1. should being a btc whale automatically entitle you to a free whale share in future alt coin projects with no risk to your btc stash

yes or no?

2. Is it wise to knowingly allow competing projects to take huge whale shares of your token so that later in the project you must now tell those that bought byteball on the understanding of further full moon distributions they wont be getting those after all so that you can fund your own development?

yes or no was that wise?

let's start with those so I can see it is worth trying to assist you further.

Clouding my judgement of presenting observable events? how is this possible they are there for all to study for themselves.

Try a rebuttal without speculating on motive. It should not be needed if you have a strong argument that is credible to the majority.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:41:23 PM

How long can it take to write yes or no 2x?

I will check back later and hopefully see two straight answers yes or no.

I suspect I will see a lot of flowery explanations/excuses/philosophical poems and no straight answers.

Coiner_

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:54:05 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 07:16:12 PM by Coiner_

[-- snip --]

[-- snip --]

What you are getting from it is unimportant to me.

If you can not understand the simple points I have made then that is not my issue.

Most people will be able to glean 2 simple things if not all of what i have said.

That's totally on me, I was naive enough to assume you were interested in making a point. As for "most people" gleaning something from you, that "observably", as you like to say, is not evident.

What you are getting is also provably incorrect since I have gained in large from this distributional model since I linked my BTC at the start and it was a reasonable amount. Although I would not class it as a whale sum.

How does the anything in there "prove" I'm incorrect? Did you even read my post and comprehend it?

I would not assume that always personal financial gain is the motive for all posting here.

Huh

1. should being a btc whale automatically entitle you to a free whale share in future alt coin projects with no risk to your btc stash

You're not entitled to anything in an airdrop irrespective of how much BTC you hold.

2. Is it wise to knowingly allow competing projects to take huge whale shares of your token so that later in the project [-- snip --]?

If I had plans with said "competing" projects, yes. Otherwise, not really.

Clouding my judgement of presenting observable events? how is this possible they are there for all to study for themselves.

Dude, read my post not what you think is in my post.

Do I look like I sit on this thread waiting for you to string words together as a "response"?

I suspect I will see a lot of flowery explanations/excuses/philosophical poems and no straight answers.

Grin If that was an attempt at reverse psych, you'll need to put a whole lot more effort into it to get it to work on me. It's an adorable attempt though.
kola-schaar

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:40:15 PM

If you have cause for moaning, because the performance of Byteball or you sitting on a load of GBytes, check out the ICO offer (see white paper).

Disclaimer:
This is not an advertisement, just a friendly hint. Everyone is responsible for their own decisions Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:51:21 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 08:06:12 PM by cryptohunter

[-- snip --]

[-- snip --]

What you are getting from it is unimportant to me.

If you can not understand the simple points I have made then that is not my issue.

That's totally on me, I was naive enough to assume you were interested in making a point. As for "most people" gleaning something from you, that "observably", as you like to say, is not evident.

How does the anything in there "prove" I'm incorrect? Did you even read my post and comprehend it?

Huh

You're not entitled to anything in an airdrop irrespective of how much BTC you hold.

2. Is it wise to knowingly allow competing projects to take huge whale shares of your token so that later in the project [-- snip --]?

If I had plans with said "competing" projects, yes. Otherwise, not really.

Dude, read my post not what you think is in my post.

Do I look like I sit on this thread waiting for you to string words together as a "response"?

Grin If that was an attempt at reverse psych, you'll need to put a whole lot more effort into it to get it to work on me. It's an adorable attempt though.

Ah I thought as much no ...straight answers just some faux confusion at me not being precise enough.

Are you saying because you do not understand that nobody else can?

The answer to question 1 was not a simple yes or no.

The answer to question 2 was not simple yes or no.

As i predicted.

Some strange bumblings focusing on the word entitled.

You as a btc whale are able to claim whale shares in byteball for free with no risk to your own btc. Perhaps you are not clear on how the distribution went down.

Expand on your answer to question 1. I am interested in the explanation. Are you a trainee politician by any chance.

Answer 2 -  I will accept that as a 'no ' it was not wise unless you wish to go into greater detail and object to my interpretation of your answer. Unless you are saying byteball and tony was in collusion with lisk/komodo etc

The point about what you were "getting about me" - were you not suggesting i had some sour grapes motive for the initial distribution for financial reasons. Actually what i was saying is that if i chose I could prove that I got more the way it went down than if tony had gone for some of my other suggestions at the start. Please look them up if you wish but don't ask me to find them or type them out again.

I think you should sit here waiting for me to string words into educational works for your benefit. It is the least you could do for free enhancement. I see that you are not only confused but ungrateful too.

If you're saying simple tweaks could not have made the distribution wider and fairer then that is on you not me. If you think the bb distribution went well then and could not have been done better then that's you view. I don't seek to change your view if you don't wish to change it. I am voicing my opinion as I am entitled to do. If 90% of people here disagree that is of no consequence to me. If 100% disagree that is their right.

I am way better off financially because of the existence of BB and I am grateful. I hope bb makes it to a top 10 or top 5 spot. I still do not like the distributional method. I would hate to see future alts distributed in this way. I will never accept that being a btc whale should automatically enable you to become a whale in other alts with no risk to your btc and everyone else should share the crumbs or have to buy if from you.

Sorry when people try to tell me that black is white  or that unfair is fair...then I have to say no ..however convincing and determined they are. Not that you are very convincing.

Coiner_

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:51:20 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 09:59:03 PM by Coiner_

What a fascinating use of space.

[-- snip --]

[-- snip --]

[-- snip --]

[-- snip --]

[-- snip --]

Ah I thought as much no ...straight answers just some faux confusion at me not being precise enough.

Are you saying because you do not understand that nobody else can?

Riiiight, it's "faux confusion".

Feeling insecure are we?

Some strange bumblings focusing on the word entitled.

Don't ask loaded questions and think I'll answer it to fit your tiny little boxes.

You as a btc whale are able to claim whale shares in byteball for free with no risk to your own btc. Perhaps you are not clear on how the distribution went down.

Also, "you as a btc [guppy] are able to claim [guppy] shares in byteball for free with no risk to your own btc". Not every one is equal, tough luck. Perhaps it's you that does not understand how it went down.

Expand on your answer to question 1. I am interested in the explanation. Are you a trainee politician by any chance.

That is a fascinating tangent. A trainee politician? Hmm, is a relative of yours that?

As for expanding on my answer, it needs no further explanation. It's a self-evident fact that was subtly dished out to me a couple of months ago in their slack (rudely I should add). And if you browse further back through this thread to around the time it was announced the October airdrop would be suspended, you'll see almost entire pages of said fact reiterated.

Answer 2 -  I will accept that as a 'no ' it was not wise unless you wish to go into greater detail and object to my interpretation of your answer. Unless you are saying byteball and tony was in collusion with lisk/komodo etc

I am. After all, I'm in Tony's head.  Roll Eyes

And you're ofc free to scrap everything before the "no" part.

The point about what you were "getting about me" - were you not suggesting i had some sour grapes motive for the initial distribution for financial reasons. Actually what i was saying is that if i chose I could prove that I got more the way it went down than if tony had gone for some of my other suggestions at the start. Please look them up if you wish but don't ask me to find them or type them out again.

I was suggesting, and I quote, "all I'm getting from it is someone who was hurt by whale manipulation early on or has an issue with people being rich and, as they usually do, getting richer". If that's too hard for your brain to parse let me break it down:

* "someone who was hurt by whale manipulation early on" - when you started in crypto you probably got manipulated into selling (or buying) by a whale. Weak-hands and such.

* "has an issue with people being rich and, as they usually do, getting richer" - this should be self explanatory. You certainly won't be the first to pop into this thread wailing about rich people getting richer.

I think you should sit here waiting for me to string words into educational works for your benefit. It is the least you could do for free enhancement. I see that you are not only confused but ungrateful too.

If you're saying simple tweaks could not have made the distribution wider and fairer then that is on you not me. If you think the bb distribution went well then and could not have been done better then that's you view.

Educational works? Grin

And as to what you assume I was saying, it's funny how I alluded to the exact opposite 2 pages ago before you decided to go on your "btc whales!!!" witch hunt. You might wanna try reading sometime.

I am way better off financially because of the existence of BB and I am grateful. I hope bb makes it to a top 10 or top 5 spot. I still do not like the distributional method. I would hate to see future alts distributed in this way. I will never accept that being a btc whale should automatically enable you to become a whale in other alts with no risk to your btc and everyone else should share the crumbs or have to buy if from you.

You would make some sense if you weren't complaining about something that exists entirely in your head.

Sorry when people try to tell me that black is white  or that unfair is fair...then I have to say no ..however convincing and determined they are. Not that you are very convincing.

You sure about that?
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1026

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:36:04 PM

Its speedy service. Usually after minute or few minutes is fully confirmed.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:23:47 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 11:14:41 PM by cryptohunter

@ coiner

Ah I hear more speculation on my motives and BTC history of course all totally incorrect. Yet no real explanation. Only that you have a strange sense of what is fair. Because of one shared rule it seems that makes it fair to you. I'm sorry but there is more complexity to life than that.

Let me try and give some assistance off of the top of my head....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 people land on a desert island from a ship wreck you and my good self.

I find a box with 20 cans of food inside... yummy

You find a box containing 1 can of food.

A ship comes a month later and the captain says how have you guys survived. You look a bit fucked up but he is polite and does not mention I am better looking and in far better shape. He initially puts this down to better genetics/breeding etc

I tell them I found a box with 20 cans of food in and these were big cans of very nutritious food (nom nom nom)

You whisper in a croaky feminine voice you barely survived because you only  found a box with 1 can of food in .and it was digusting (oh dear Sad )

Captain says - he will bring us food regularly (but wont rescue us on his boat for some reason, doesn't like the look of you but does not want to be unfair)

He says the fairest way is if I get 20 cans of food each month and you get 1. After all that is what we had before right.

I mean its a simple rule that applies to us both so must be fair right. I mean how can it not be fair we both get the same cans of food we found earlier. I get 20 cans a month you get 1 can a month. We are not paying for them. We get them for free right

Why are you moaning about this? why are you dying of starvation on purpose ? what is your motive here i'll speculate you're like greedy and selfish and want every can of food in the world for yourself and just generally an unpleasant fellow. Probably just against people with 20 cans of food like me. Don't like to see people with 20 cans of food getting another 20 cans every month do you. News flash this is how life works. It's fair.  I bet you were scammed once by some one with 20 cans of food in a supermarket car park or something. It has influenced your sense of fairness and made you bitter over time this has manifested into an irrational hatred for us 20 cans a month guys.

I wonder if that little story can assist you? I assure you it would if this happened for real. Although being fair i would give you some of my cans don't worry dude.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your english is nice. I like it. Your logic and sense of fair play not so much

So question 2. I agree with you.  There is no further need to discuss it. It was a bad move unless tony is in league or colluding with the other projects.

Question 1 is still a big issue for you.

You will never convince people that being a whale in BTC should automatically permit you to get a whale share in other alts for free with no risk to their own whale stash of bitcoins.

Sorry that will not wash. Create a thread on the main board and poll so that I may see how you start to grasp that your version of fair is not fair.

Your logic tells you that since there is one shared rule for both parties whales and guppy that it makes it fair you are wrong.

Go ahead make a thread on the main board with a poll.

Should btc whales automatically be given the whale share in all new alt projects for free if everyone else can share the crumbs.

Come back and report your findings.

I suspect I will be getting a little story soon of my own to read. Please be more grown up and less bitchy than me thought else I will refuse to read it. Certainly do not say you are better looking or in better shape because my ego can not take it and  plagiarism is the lowest form of flattery.

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:24:55 PM

@cryptohunter - serious question but can you suggest a fair distribution method and how you’ll combat gaming of the system?

from what i see there is no fair way. there is only better ways but none of them are ungameable.

theres camps that always want more for the little guys but end result is little guys usually sell fast for meager returns and capital flows to the smart. then the little complain later when its worth more.

personally short of unique person id and equal giving of coins there is no fair way. identifying a unique person is impossible.

people talk of whales and no risked btc  but back in initial first byteball drop anyone could of purchased more btc to do it. 100btc linked then would give around 450gb today.

it doesnt sound fair but is it fair today that $7300 gets you 1btc where 6 years ago it got you like 10,000 btc?

also if all the people sold gb and 1 person bought it all up is that fair? should everyone buying all get a piece at that price?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:44:46 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 11:06:45 PM by cryptohunter

@cryptohunter - serious question but can you suggest a fair distribution method and how you’ll combat gaming of the system?

from what i see there is no fair way. there is only better ways but none of them are ungameable.

theres camps that always want more for the little guys but end result is little guys usually sell fast for meager returns and capital flows to the smart. then the little complain later when its worth more.

personally short of unique person id and equal giving of coins there is no fair way. identifying a unique person is impossible.

people talk of whales and no risked btc  but back in initial first byteball drop anyone could of purchased more btc to do it. 100btc linked then would give around 450gb today.

it doesnt sound fair but is it fair today that $7300 gets you 1btc where 6 years ago it got you like 10,000 btc?

also if all the people sold gb and 1 person bought it all up is that fair? should everyone buying all get a piece at that price?

I gave many small tweaks that would have made it much fairer and much more sensible ie not funding competing projects and not being able to fund our own without halting the full moon distributions.

The only fair way to launch a project in a trustless decentralised way is fair launch protocol POW.

However a retro spective snapshot with top 2-5 % of wallets chopped would have helped a lot. The first distribution was where the most damage was done. If you can tell me how that could be gamed then I will admit it is not a good solution. Never forget though even if things make it difficult for gaming it is worth doing. You lock your doors when you leave home right but I can smash the windows or drive a lorry through the walls to obtain access. Does not mean it is not worth locking your door right. You don't leave it open and a sign saying please rob me do you?

I would actually have more of an issue thinking up a worse way to distribute in terms of perceived fairness and dev funding.

Think clearly about what you are saying.

Being a btc whale now should give you automatic rights to being a whale in every new alt  for free with no risk to your btc. That notion is ludicrous.

Also this point

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this has no bearing on the point i am making this is simply market forces which are fair.

if a person with no btc buys a bitcoin today they pay 7300 dollars
if a bit coin whale buys bitcoin today it costs him 7300 dollars

to me that is totally fair.

that is why a fair ico (with no behind the scenes manipulation) is fair.

If people chose to sell all of their GB and 1 person bought it all and charged 100x prices to sell it that is fair.

these are not the same thing at all.

I am not anti rich.

In real life the rich get richer. That is fine. Mostly though you will find rich people are generally smarter and take risks but calculated smart risks to keep getting richer and richer. They make investments where they risk wealth to attain more wealth. They don't just get rights to huge amounts of everything and don't need to pay for it.... well they do but that isn't fair when that happens is it?

I guess fair is perspective based experience although what is grossly unfair can usually attain consensus within a bunch of homo sapiens.

Pages: « 1 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 [742] 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 ... 1113 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.