Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:20:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 [475] 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
jmw74

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:47:49 AM

Looks quite busy to me.

It would take them 30 seconds to say "still on schedule". 

or is it you that is the "pussy" who cant wait calm and patiently and freaks out since you dont get a daily "everything is ok" hug from KNC.

I'm not freaking out, the "refund button" is just as effective today as the last time we got an update.

All I'm saying is that KNC should post an update.  By staying silent some people are going to hit that button.  Either KNC is honest or they're not.  If they are, they should post "still on schedule".  If they're not, they should post "still on schedule".

That logic is... well... no words... really?!

So does their being silent make them somewhere between honest and dishonest?  I'm just trying to figure this out.

My brain hurts.   Huh

Yes, *if* in fact they know they're late, it makes them liars but without the guts to just lie overtly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jmw74

Activity: 236

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:51:02 AM

i dont believe the PROMISED anything.

Seriously?  You're going to debate the definition of the word "promise" now, and only count it if they swear on the holy bible?

When you run a business and you publicly post "we will ship in September", that's a promise.  If you aren't promising that, then you say "We *hope* to ship in September".
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:52:10 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 02:03:09 AM by FeedbackLoop

Silently, patiently waiting. Difficulty just jumped, not much I can do about that. I'm not expecting any news from KNC until at least September 30th, no point worrying, whinging about it.

I wouldn't go that far though. If they are delivering by the 30th then they should and could say that some days before. If they are not then they are also able to say something before.

I was told a warning would come out approximately one week before shipping over the phone. Lets say a week can be very short but 30th is a bit too close to know what happened to the  September shipping... Keep in mind that some of us selected pick up (with flights and all).

That said: Yeah, let people sleep from Sunday to Monday dammit!  Smiley

Off-topic cheap edit to save space:
You're going to debate the definition of the word "promise" now, and only count it if they swear on the holy bible?

Wouldn't that make a promise LESS worthy?  Tongue
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:54:11 AM

oo go buy a couple thousand of dollars from BFL. They say they will ship.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:56:59 AM

oo go buy a couple thousand of dollars from BFL. They say they will ship.
There is nothing in the BFL range that will earn back the BTC you pay for it.

RChevalier

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:31:22 AM

Seriously tho... even if a company did promise you such and such, you're kinda of... "whatever" if you actually throw thousands their way based on what they said would happen alone.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:39:26 AM

That's a fair point, but as the deadline approaches, they would *have* to have news of some kind.

Not necessarily. I've had huge deadlines approach, and the closer they got the more labor was put in, the faster the pace, the less time to provide updates. All which was communicated was that the deadline would be made. It was left at that.

The deadline was then made.

They've actually stated a couple of times in the last week that everything is on schedule, yet folks keep asking if it's on schedule--people need to just drop it. Sit and wait. This is the blackout period--we'll see what happens on the other side.

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:26:08 AM

The first sign of a working rig will be the KnC pool I'd imagine? Not a complete rig ready to ship, but the initial test when they get chips? Seems to me they'd run the first one as soon as they have it put together and the logical thing would be to use their own pool, not for earning BTC but to test the whole system?
I'm not in there 'cos I'm not hosted but is anyone else keeping an eye out for signs of life ?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:51:17 AM

How do you figure?  If they already know they're going to be late and they don't say so, they are untrustworthy.  

Personally I'd rather them be overt crooks and just lie, than be silent pussies (afraid to lie overtly but not afraid to just bury crucial information that their customers need).

You know that its a BUSINESS right? As in they are doing this to make a profit. How would it help them if they came out now and said "were going to be a couple weeks late". Refunds would skyrocket, meanwhile in the next couple days after that statement, things are back on track. Its best to just say nothing and carry on. Just be PATIENT. come October 15th, if they haven't delivered a single unit, then feel free to bitch. in the meantime, put on your big boy pants and sit tight.

Wow, people are so jaded after the BFL and Avalon debacles, that they think it's OK for a completely unproven company to cheat their very first customers.

Let's not mince words.  If you say "Shipping in september" and you don't ship in September, you've cheated your customers.  This isn't a fucking toaster that they're shipping, it's a bitcoin miner whose value is decreasing exponentially.  Ship date means *everything* and to lie about that is to cheat your customers.

So let's see if they ship in September, and put off all this "liar and cheater" name calling until October some time   According to my calendar this is just September 15th, that leaves them more than two weeks, still, to ship my 8 Jupiter orders.  

Hang on now, let me say for the record that I am not accusing KNC of lying OR cheating, at all.

I'm just saying the silence looks bad, and that it is in their best interest to post "still on schedule", whether it's the truth or not.

So how much communication do you need?  It's Sunday - which is not a work day - and they just posted pictures of building out their data center on Friday.  You can't deal with not hearing something for 48 hours?
it seems very odd to me that people with the least amount of skin in the game - or none at all - are the people hollering the loudest.

This. I'm one of those who have been following this with great interest (and popcorn), but due to personal circumstances do NOT have any skin in the game. I would have, had I been able, but that is irrelevant.

Where I DO stand is that I want to get in on bitcoin mining, for my own reasons which may or may not make economic sense in the short run. KnC is one of about three companies I see as viable. Bitfury, Cointerra, and KnC. Of the three, I like KnC the best. They have been more communicative than anyone, despite the bitching in this thread, and they have been upfront about who they are and what they are doing (in a general sense).

If they delivered two weeks late, which seems to be the point that a lot of y'all are bitching about, what would really happen?

I would be slightly disappointed that they didn't make it on time. This is nothing. What is something, not a minor something either, is that this would cause the "exponential rise in difficulty" that has so many of you shitting your pants to be largely delayed by that very same period.

Why?

BECAUSE KNC PRODUCTS ARE THE PROJECTED CAUSE OF THE FIRST MAJOR JUMP IN DIFFICULTY FROM 28NM ASIC DEVICES!!!!!!

Damn, peeps! I've watched people bet MILLIONS on something far more speculative and not shit their pants every ten minutes. Grow a pair, willya?
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 04:32:52 AM

The main reason why everyone complaining Biomech is ROI....You should know that by now.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 04:45:43 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 05:26:25 AM by opentoe

Did the specs change recently on the Saturn or Jupiter? I could have sworn I was getting 400 GH/s but my Jupiter says it is a 200. Has it always been a 200?

Also from KNC's website in the product description it says won't ship until mid November. I thought these were suppose to ship in September unless that means if you order now.

Over 400 pages to read here and now they have their own forum gets crazy. That's exactly what BFL did. Instead of coming here they opened up their own forum. Similar minds think alike?

Jupiter = Minimum of 400 Gh/s
Saturn = Minumum of 200 Gh/s

If you purchase a new one today, it won't ship until November.  If you purchased prior to last week it will ship before the middle of October.

You can take your order number from your My Orders page and paste it into the order tracking search box on the main page to see when your miner is going to ship.

Please don't ever compare KNC to BFL again. You are only making yourself look uninformed and reactionary.

I'm a little confused. I pre-paid back in June and paid $3,975 for the miner which I think was rated for 400Gh/s. Now when I look at their site their Saturn is 200Gh/s and is $2,995. Should I expect a refund in price difference or something here? I could have sworn I was getting 400Gh/s for almost paying $4,000.

Maybe I was wrong about the Gh/s being 400, but there is an $800 price difference. I'm trying to ask myself what was my advantage of ordering in June or now and only cane come up with saving $800.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 04:52:01 AM

Did the specs change recently on the Saturn or Jupiter? I could have sworn I was getting 400 GH/s but my Jupiter says it is a 200. Has it always been a 200?

Also from KNC's website in the product description it says won't ship until mid November. I thought these were suppose to ship in September unless that means if you order now.

Over 400 pages to read here and now they have their own forum gets crazy. That's exactly what BFL did. Instead of coming here they opened up their own forum. Similar minds think alike?

If you purchase a new one today, it won't ship until November.  If you purchased prior to last week it will ship before the middle of October.

You can take your order number from your My Orders page and paste it into the order tracking search box on the main page to see when your miner is going to ship.

Please don't ever compare KNC to BFL again. You are only making yourself look uninformed and reactionary.

I'm a little confused. I pre-paid back in June and paid $3,975 for the miner which I think was rated for 400Gh/s. Now when I look at their site their Saturn is 200Gh/s and is $2,995. Should I expect a refund in price difference or something here? I could have sworn I was getting 400Gh/s for almost paying $4,000.

The Jupiter is the product that is 400+ GH/s and it was never that cheap.  The Jupiter was $7000 in June, you purchased a Saturn (200 GH/s).
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 04:53:18 AM

No, you ordered a Saturn which was 200GH/s and cost $4k roughly. The 400 GH/s Jupiter was $7k. You will not get a refund since the prices up there now are for Novermber machines.
rizzman

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 04:53:25 AM

For those who keep saying that they have already missed their ship date I present a question;

If even 1 Jupiter ships before the end of September, then they have kept their word. would this not be a success? Have the bets that have been placed taken this into account rulewise?
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 04:57:23 AM

For those who keep saying that they have already missed their ship date I present a question;

If even 1 Jupiter ships before the end of September, then they have kept their word. would this not be a success? Have the bets that have been placed taken this into account rulewise?

I don't even think it would take that.  Since KnC is hosting for purchasers, all they need to do is have one in the rack on the pool hashing.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:01:20 AM

I don't even think it would take that.  Since KnC is hosting for purchasers, all they need to do is have one in the rack on the pool hashing.

I just hope it's mine ;-)  I ordered in the first 3 hours... here's to hoping that was soon enough lol
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:13:59 AM

I doubt that. Bets I have seen have the conditions of 5 reputable people reporting delivery, and just because something starts hashing from KnC it doesn't follow it's a KnC rig doing so..not that I think they would pull a shady trick like that lol

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Vedran Yoweri

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:16:26 AM

No, you ordered a Saturn which was 200GH/s and cost $4k roughly. The 400 GH/s Jupiter was $7k. You will not get a refund since the prices up there now are for Novermber machines.

Now that will screw up your ROI calculations.  Cool
Transam808

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:19:05 AM

I disagree, they have orders listed as day 1 and day 2 for a reason,  if they listed just one order as day one, then maybe, but even  then, they have stated day one and day two orders are supposed to go out in September, so if they just shipped one order it would be a fail,  as for the bets I'm not sure but I do think I remember them saying it had to be confirmed by at least 3, but my memory could be wrong on that one so don't quote me,
Transam808

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:21:32 AM

Wow you would think you would pay a little more attention to an order you spent nearly 4k on,
Pages: « 1 ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 [475] 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: