Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:29:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:22:56 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 09:44:12 AM by Biffa

I'm surprised they don't throw in a few free t-shirts and a night with bitcoinorama to get people to part with their btc today  Cheesy

You get that if you buy 10  Kiss

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arlekyn13

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:45:37 AM

Instead of a new expensive pre-ordered miner, I'm more interested in the tuning software that might (or not) be able to fix broken ASIC boards. Also, why not start selling Nov batch type ASIC boards and controller boards to Oct customers willing to get higher speeds? I mean, just the boards, not the chips (assuming the chips can be moved to a new board, I have no idea about that cause I never removed the cooler to see how the chip is fixed into the board). Anyone could estimate the cost of an ASIC board (without the ASIC itself)/bb board?

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:00:30 AM

@Bitcoinorama, thanks for your comments.

My 100% investments is with KNC, now. I would trust KNC over other vendors. They delivered fast, and it's just not fast enough to my BTC investment back.

I just decided to stay away from it till, 2014-Q2. I think, by then there will be some stability, ~10% upwards trend.

It would be great if they could give us a date / month estimate and customer protection plan (even if it costs extra $$).

Also, I hope 4 months down the line KNC will be able to sell miners directly, without requiring a preorders.

Ok completely understand and we do aim to sell from stock, even some more 28nm, but we don't want to destroy the hashrate, and the fact of the matter is when we have any stock it's there for minutes. Pre-orders allow for NRE to be covered, but also sell out a little less quickly as in days, not minutes.

Obv. a more detailed month estimate will become available, but you have to understand that involves securing fab time, and reasonable expectations of delivery from suppliers. When you but the world's supply of multiple components you invariably end up having to await bespoke orders to be fulfilled at desired volumes, in most cases that's 12+ weeks. On top of which the design needs to be finalised. You may be surprised to here it's not just limited to specific components such as VRMs, finding a particular capacitor, or resistor can be troublesome. We experienced just that with the recently revised boards. Even the initial October batch as you saw we were restricted on available components (VRMs again). We do not want to make promises we cannot fulfill, so we will know more as the design process unfolds and will keep you in the loop.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:24:02 AM

All orders were sent to the facility at the same time in one batch file, all overseen by a logistics contractor handling the bespoke software that integrates the production line with UPS. One guy sits in the office, one on site when needed. Do not pretend you know anything about what you are talking about.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that they went back on their word to provide refunds right up until your device shipped.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
madsusies

Activity: 428

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:32:29 AM

Thx Bitcoinorama 4 nothing, mostly the mercury hash only 80-99Ghas, most of 200 oct boards ended in Jupiter's owners hands, or on ebay, bitmit, marke place Sad and please do don't write like there is only one manufacturer for each part of mainer in world

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
    ▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
    Rawrkanos

Activity: 17
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    November 27, 2013, 10:33:34 AM

Bitcoinorama, do you have any input from KNC in regards to the fellows trying to sell access to the Neptune order to non-customers? And in line with that, what is the judgement for me, whose is trying to give it away instead, just to keep the money from the pockets of those greedy fellows selling it?
    sickpig
    Legendary

Activity: 1260
    Merit: 1008

View Profile
    November 27, 2013, 10:50:28 AM

Thx Bitcoinorama 4 nothing, mostly the mercury hash only 80-99Ghas, most of 200 oct boards ended in Jupiter's owners hands, or on ebay, bitmit, marke place Sad and please do don't write like there is only one manufacturer for each part of mainer in world

sorry for bothering, but would you mind to use the width property to resize the img you post?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
      madsusies

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 11:01:50 AM

Sry, but NO, because I'm on phone in work mostly, because mercury don't pay all your bill like Jupiter's do, feel free to edit my post Smiley

▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
      Bitcoinorama

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 11:10:32 AM

@Bitcoinorama, any news on the tuning software? Really curious if it has the potential of fixing die #0 issues without insane temps.

Ok I've literally just tried to tie down a confirmed date. Current indication from the engineers I spoke to is tomorrow. That's based on them testing it, they are happy with the values you can set, but the lead software engineer on that piece of software is not around currently so I won't be held to anything definite. I'm unlikely to see him until tomorrow. So for all intents and purposes all the guys present today are happy with it. Wink

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 11:15:40 AM

All orders were sent to the facility at the same time in one batch file, all overseen by a logistics contractor handling the bespoke software that integrates the production line with UPS. One guy sits in the office, one on site when needed. Do not pretend you know anything about what you are talking about.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that they went back on their word to provide refunds right up until your device shipped.

and everything todo with the way the contractors designed the automated system, and the ball ache with interrupting the chain of production. In any case it's a mute point as they switched to DHL mid way which they did not have an automated system set up for and began pulling devices manually. Bizarrely when that happened hardly anyone asked for a refund. In any case the FUD being spread about ROI (which is never promised as this is not an investment, it is hardware sales with prices based upon NRE costs - the Bitcoin protocol determines reward - the machines jut process, verify and secure transactions on the network) and making all the fuss about refunds was generally by people intent on starting mass refunds for whatever purpose that may be...

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 11:16:44 AM

...what?!

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 11:24:16 AM

Bitcoinorama, do you have any input from KNC in regards to the fellows trying to sell access to the Neptune order to non-customers? And in line with that, what is the judgement for me, whose is trying to give it away instead, just to keep the money from the pockets of those greedy fellows selling it?

There is no official line. The buyer is the person who owns the account. Logic dictates that person can alter aspects of the deliver, and cancel the delivery for a refund at will, so if you are entrusting your order with a stranger that a) has absolutely nothing to do with us, and b) you are entrusting your order with a stranger.

You're on your own there mate, KnC will not have anything to do with the order if it goes awry. We are selling to previous customers and to the owner of that associated email account.

Orders will open to gen public in two weeks at $2.5k more. The reward is for previous customers. We would wish to believe they behave with integrity, but will not be held responsible otherwise.

naRky

Activity: 350

Bitcoin is the future...

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 11:28:04 AM

@Bitcoinorama, when will be tuning suite/new firmware release?

▄██▄
      ▀███
         █
          █
           █
            █
            ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
            ▀██▀            ▀█▀            ▀██▀
               ▀▄           ▄▀
                 ▀▄        ▄▀
                   ▀▄     ▄▀
                     ▀▄  ▄▀
                      ▄██▄
                      ▀██▀
                                    █
                                   ███
                                  █████
                                 ███ ███
                                ███   ███
                               ███     ███
                              ███       ███
                             ███         ███
                            ███           ███
                           ███             ███
                          ███               ███
                          ██                 ███
                          ██                  ███
                       █  ██                   ███
                      ██  ██                    ███
                     ███  ██                     ███
                    ████  ██                      ███
                   █████  ██ ▄███████████▄         ███
                  ███ ██  █████▀       ▀████▄       ███
                 ███  ██  ██▀              ▀██       ███
                ███   ██     ▄███████████▄   ██       ███
               ███    ██    ██▀         ▀██   ██       ███
              ███     ██   ██             ██  ██        ███
             ███      ██  ██               ██  ██        ███
            ███       ██  ██               ██  ██         ███
           ███        ██  ██               ██  ██          ███
          ███         ██  ██               ██  ██           ███
         ███           ██  ██             ██   ██            ███
        ███            ██   ██▄         ▄██    ██             ███
       ███              ██   ▀███████████▀     ██              ███
      ███                ██▄              ▄██  ██               ███
       ███▄               ▀████▄       ▄█████  ██             ▄███
         ▀███▄               ▀███████████▀ ██  ██          ▄███▀
            ▀███▄                          ██  ██       ▄███▀
               ▀███▄                       ██  ██    ▄███▀
                  ▀███▄                    ██  ██ ▄███▀
                     ▀███▄                 ██  ████▀
                        ▀███▄              ██  █▀
                           ▀███▄         ▄███
                              ▀███▄   ▄███▀
                                 ▀█████▀

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
      ▀██▀             ▀██▀    
                       █
                      █
                     █
                    █
                   █
                ▄██▄
                ▀██▀
      CeeCee

Activity: 237
      Merit: 100

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 11:33:07 AM

@Bitcoinorama, when will be tuning suite/new firmware release?

@Bitcoinorama, any news on the tuning software? Really curious if it has the potential of fixing die #0 issues without insane temps.

Ok I've literally just tried to tie down a confirmed date. Current indication from the engineers I spoke to is tomorrow. That's based on them testing it, they are happy with the values you can set, but the lead software engineer on that piece of software is not around currently so I won't be held to anything definite. I'm unlikely to see him until tomorrow. So for all intents and purposes all the guys present today are happy with it. Wink
      madsusies

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 11:40:40 AM

The firmware will be same for october and November units? (The October units doesn't support turbo mode, right?)

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 11:43:36 AM

The firmware will be same for october and November units? (The October units doesn't support turbo mode, right?)

Well there is talk of the firmware supporting both units, but identifying one from the other, so in essence there will certainly be differences.

Minor Miner
      Legendary

Activity: 2282
      Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 11:50:38 AM

Is there somewhere on the site that they post how they are shipping?   On Monday someone posted that they shipped 100 units but I cannot find anything since?
      Can you tell us what order number they shipped yesterday or how many per day are going out etc?

Searing
      Copper Member
      Legendary

Activity: 2898
      Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

how many coins do you guys think it will generate overall for 1 Neptune and how long will it take to break even when it delivers
      Dude you are talking about like half a year away. Anything can happen and I can guarantee you there will be many delays. On the record!

Well that is an interesting point...I found out about bitcoin mining in april (got burnt by bfl) but at least I found out about this. I was pretty bored was gonna burn
      elec and put up the old bbs game server for something to do ..figured what the heck eat 60 bucks elec a month for the hobby

so anyway....got a july 1st order knc miner...bitcoin was 80 bucks or so in april was like 150 bucks when I got the miner..figured ..if knc delivered in Dec or so it probably
      would take me a year (modest diff rises) to get ROI back and maybe enough change to pay my house utils for 7-9 months....so modest hobby mode

with bfl shaft and such looking at 8519 bucks or so out for this hobby that I "might" get ROI back from BFL fiasco ..but live an learn

so I ordered from the guys via paypal with "line drawings" of their miner (jeez) using cc option to bail out if need be

ok so they came thru

and BTC went from $150 1 month and 8 days since I started mining to what is it now www.mtgox.com $962 bucks ....I made my ROI in 25 DAYS I will have a bit over 25 coin by the end of this month....so yeah no complaints (sheez)

So for those wondering about me mining yeah I coulda/shoulda bought BTC direct.. but back then mining was more hobby mode and 'safer' I was told

anyway to my point
      why did I get a Neptune? diff what it may be next year march or so

Well.....I was $8,519 in the hole starting this hobby with the above modest expectaions...if I apply 10k to next years Neptune miner....I have perhaps 32 plus coins out of my current Jupiter (if my math is wrong correct me) lifetime kinda sorta....

well that an't all that much over the top from the leap I took this summer for a modest hobby that was supposed to "tide me over" "for fun" for the next year or so mining etc

and even less risk now in that I will have probably by the time the miner arrives 32 or so BTC coin from this years "leap of faith"

rinse/wash/repeat now BTC could go boom and all the other stuff but again ...except for the world gone mad btc wise and the Asia folks pushing this mining hard....

the risk this year for my bored little hobby attempt is somewhat 'less' of a risk ...even if I mis-judge my Neptune miner

anyway for those who wonder why anyone would buy a miner that far ahead (also KNC seems to deliver)

anyhoo the denial of my mind's way of justifying this (much like getting a bass boat.....no real reason but mining makes me warm and fuzzy inside)

my 2c worth

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
      joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 12:28:28 PM

...what?!

My sentiments exactly!!!
      sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
      November 27, 2013, 12:47:09 PM

if anyone is going to order 1 or 2 kncminer NEPTUNES, I would have you seriously consider Wesly's offer and use his reseller link:

He offers a mighty fair deal! Read about it if you are seriously considering a neptune. Good luck!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348743.msg

his reseller link direct to knc:

https://www.kncminer.com/?resellerid=354
      Pages: « 1 ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 ... 2137 »
        Print  

Jump to: