Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:59:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 [1418] 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:17:50 AM

Well I don't know if this will make profit or not, but I am hoping so since KnC most likely won't be shipping anymore Jupiters, I've decided to invest elsewhere, as I've gotten tired of waiting on them to make a simple

decision; I've ordered 6 Bitmain AntMiner S1's today for a total of 1080Gh/s base (1200gh/s OC) for a total of 11.4BTCs. Hopefully I can mine with them for a month, and sell them on ebay for close to what I paid for

them (at least $1500 each). I'm hoping that should make a little bit of money.

Hopefully they at least sell some upgrade modules that work with Oct orders. I still have 3 slots left in my Saturn :-)

fyi just so you know, selling on ebay is very dangerous same as russian roulette. Don't be fooled by all those sold auctions at high prices, i would say only <50% of those sold are actually successful.  If you are lucky you get a nonpayment, if you are not, you get a scammer, ebay/paypal always side with the buyer. I have had this happen to me twice already 1 for an asic miner card back when it was going for $4000, and another for an avalon.

I have been selling on ebay for over 15 years and know every trick in the book, but there is nothing you can do if you want to sell, just rolling the dice. Both scammers had high feedback rating and looked very legit, they just break something on the miner after a month like bending some metal or cooling fan wires, take a photo and file for claim or direct chargeback within 45 days. They then change their ebay id after a month or so, and since ebay doesn't allow you to search their id history (without knowing their new id) nor leave anything but positive feedbacks as seller, they cannot be blacklisted, and move on to the next victim with their perfect feedback.

There is nothing you can do but take the loss,  that's why i have stopped selling on ebay altogether.  

So make sure you factor that into your calculation the expectation of losing at least 1 miner out of that 6.  In addition to the risk of paypal limiting your account that will take months to get your money out (if it is under your name, if it's a stealth account kiss your money good bye), nothing gets your paypal account limited faster than selling multiple bitcoin hardware / casascius coins that's above $500.  Add insult, they take 10% in final value fee for everything you sell.

just saying...

Thanks for the heads up. Truthfully, I've never sold anything on eBay, only purchased (a lot). I didn't know there were so many issues. Maybe I can sell them at coingig.com instead, since BitMit is no longer around...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:19:19 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 06:44:55 AM by Phoenix1969

I don't want to do Ebay unless I'm forced to...

I have 3 Neps out of the CA Batch I'll let go for 14btc each. No escrow, Ill ask KNC to change shipping address, if not, I'll pay for shipping inside usa..  outside usa add .25 btc per machine. Last ones I shipped to EU costed over 500usd to ship fully insured.

*edit     now 2 left

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
btcspender

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:13:56 AM

I have 3 Neps out of the CA Batch I'll let go for 14btc each. No escrow, Ill ask KNC to change shipping address, if not, I'll pay for shipping inside usa..  outside usa add .25 btc per machine. Last ones I shipped to EU costed over 500usd to ship fully insured.

*edit     now 2 left

Dang, if the offer was a day or so ago I wouldn't have bothered with a batch 2.
You selling all your neptunes Phoenix? Getting out of mining?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:34:57 AM

yup, just bought an antminer.
'

hmm..still don't get how an anitminer at 180gh is it at 2.2btc w/o power supply will do ROI..of any real note
unless I'm getting my products mixed up

enlighten me please this is not a flame....

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:41:23 AM

*edit     now 2 left

dont pay too much attention to that guy, he's so full of shit he has organic fertilizer conglomerates ringing 24/7 for the real bulk buys.

take a month or two to flick thru just half the posts hes made, without him this thread would be about 12 pages of mostly decent input...

.....@ Searing, theyre 1.9 now.

AussiePete

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:22:18 AM

I have 3 Neps out of the CA Batch I'll let go for 14btc each. No escrow, Ill ask KNC to change shipping address, if not, I'll pay for shipping inside usa..  outside usa add .25 btc per machine. Last ones I shipped to EU costed over 500usd to ship fully insured.

*edit     now 2 left

dont pay too much attention to that guy, he's so full of shit he has organic fertilizer conglomerates ringing 24/7 for the real bulk buys.

take a month or two to flick thru just half the posts hes made, without him this thread would be about 12 pages of mostly decent input...

Actually Edgar ............You are totally  wrong . Ive known Phoneix  for over 3 years now and 90% of what he's told me  or advised  me  has been true or correct . Most of the guys have appreciated his in put (even when hes been wrong) at least he been trying to help people .
 Chper and I  and 3 others here on the forum have done business with him  and we would happily do business with him again .........

You dont like him because he challenged you in things youve said ...........most of your posts prove your a hater and you love to hold a grudge
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:27:45 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 09:28:39 AM by Phoenix1969

*edit     now 2 left

Actually Edgar ............You are totally  wrong . Ive known Phoneix  for over 3 years now and 90% of what he's told me  or advised  me  has been true or correct . Most of the guys have appreciated his in put (even when hes been wrong) at least he been trying to help people .
 Chper and I  and 3 others here on the forum have done business with him  and we would happily do business with him again .........

You dont like him because he challenged you in things youve said ...........most of your posts prove your a hater and you love to hold a grudge
awww, shux...   thanks bud.   I don't sweat Edgar...  Life wouldn't be right without folks like him around to keep us on our toes, hehe

All sold out on Neptunes.  I just just sold the last two I have on order

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
pedrosoft

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:52:12 AM

Any news on upgrade modules ?Is Kncminer going to sell modules this week ? Or Antminer is the only immediate solution ?  Undecided
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:13:11 AM

The answer is really easy.  They just need to keep selling Jupiters every month until they are done with the Neptune and then switch over.  3000 units a month would keep us in competition with CEX.io and any behind the scenes mining ops.  Not selling Jupiters is surrendering the future of mining to non-KNC customers.  It doesn't make sense.  If they want to take their time with the Neptune, they need to give us some hashing power in the meantime.

If they did that the difficulty would just go up even faster and it would mean even less money for miners. Why would you want KnC to flood the network with hashrate?  If you want more hashpower now, there are a number of places where you can order it and have it delivered immediately, with no waiting and very little risk. *ahem*

There are no miners for sale right now that will ROI and I don't mean break even.  I mean make a profit that is worth my investment. 

Well, keep waiting then!  I'm sure glad I didn't wait on the sidelines like you and miss out on mining for fun AND profit.   Cheesy
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:19:57 AM

Jupiter Oct 555gh miner (or at least that is what i get on slush) for sale....would rather sell it to you guys on this forum...btc only ...no escrow (i have references on here i think) PM what you are willing if any to part with...i'll decide on what I get for offers (if any) on if I will sell or not....and also i intend to insure the heck out of the beast for shipping so take that into account that will be in addition to your offer depending on where you are at etc in the world....i also will include a corsair 860i with the unit..first time it was turned on was on this unit.....other details like shiipping and insurance we can work out if I think your initial bid is enough for me to hassle my way thru and sell the beast..shipping and insurance depending on location will be in addition to your preliminary BTC offer that you PM ..at that point we can figure out fair extra btc for shipping and insurance etc

I also (if people trust me on a pre-order)  have a 2nd batch Neptune (top of the batch in order number) Neptune I also may be willing to part with...figure I will give people on here first dibs rather then just toss it back into the kNC pond as it were..not sure if i can change shipping and other info with knc but it is likely they will allow..again supposedly even those who don't agree with me on this forum may agree my word is good...so ask around forums pm some folk if you wish on my bona fides (if any?) again PM me a BTC amount in addition to 13,200 I paid for the unit (want at least what knc will send me on a refund don't ya know) will make my decision based on offers on this as well...but again give some people 1st dibs before i MAY ask for a refund?

anyway...mixed feelings on this but the jupiter has served me well 555gh on the 0.95 1st version it came with  and up currently on .99 (W/O tuning version) and at 555gh ...you may get more with the .99-2 but works well for me so i did not want to mess with it...always been stable at 555gh for me shut it down it drops but give it a week and it is right back up at 555gh again....has been very stable for me..again I got it oct 18th

the only issue i ever had with it was the blind fear of turning on my new KNC unit with a paperclip (shudder) otherwise just leave it alone a month at a time and it hashes only time it has been down is when i bumped the table (isobar8 surge protector don't like that) and for a couple software upgrades...otherwise been 24/7/7

anyway pm me offers (if any)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:23:31 AM

*edit     now 2 left

Actually Edgar ............You are totally  wrong . Ive known Phoneix  for over 3 years now and 90% of what he's told me  or advised  me  has been true or correct . Most of the guys have appreciated his in put (even when hes been wrong) at least he been trying to help people .
 Chper and I  and 3 others here on the forum have done business with him  and we would happily do business with him again .........

awww, shux...   thanks bud.   I don't sweat Edgar...  Life wouldn't be right without folks like him around to keep us on our toes, hehe

All sold out on Neptunes.  I just just sold the last two I have on order

I confused.  Didn't you just trade future mining profits from your Neptunes for some goods or services?  You really should look into ADHD meds, lol.  I've heard that medical science has made great strides in treating such disorders.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:28:44 AM

Guys there is a marketplace forum where your can sell your stuff. People who want to buy know where it is. No need for advertising here.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:30:11 AM

Guys there is a marketplace forum where your can sell your stuff. People who want to buy know where it is. No need for advertising here.

yeah but I trust you guys (warm and fuzzy) i don't want my stuff to go to strangers!!! (gasp)

xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:31:32 AM

Basic forum etiquette is ignored in this thread.  Don't try to fight it.   Wink
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:53:16 AM

I'm not sure we will be selling upgrade modules as close as a week. My previous comment regarding Jupiter sales was accurate at that point in time. Sam had mentioned frequently to people in Vegas prior to Christmas we were going to be opening for sale. Those in attendance there that spoke to him will vouch for this. I only just set foot back in Stockholm this week, I was hoping to have positive news on that front for you. There is however an immediate problem in the supply chain sourcing certain components, which due to the current competitive landscape would not be wise to dwell further upon, other than we are obviously looking at means to overcome this. It is however likely now to be upgrade modules, and not complete units. Understand that may be disappointing for some, but that's all I have to share currently and it's not something I've had prior knowledge of. Will let you know more as, and when. If you want to spend your cash elsewhere we're not stopping you, but I'm not going to sugar-coat the situation in the hope we can open for orders immediately, just giving you a realistic overview of the situation.

With respect to Neptune we are where we intended to be at this stage and are still contemplating aspects of the design. Understand that the approach is not the same as that of Jupiter. 28nm was extremely disruptive at the time, of which the effect can plainly be seen. Hashrate was given priority to power consumption, and safety and speed to market even more so, but going forward and acknowledging that power consumption becomes more a critical factor the Neptune has to be created as more a long term solution. We will not skimp or rush the design here. This does not mean I'm indirectly verbalising a delay, so don't go looking for hidden meanings, there aren't any to find, just rest assured I'm stressing we value the integrity of the design more which is why Q1/Q2 was given to ensure that margin is present so we commit the best foot going forward in what is uncharted waters within bleeding edge silicon. We're not rushing the design at the cost of it's ability to function, and function well. The sha-256 implementation is actually relatively simple, but there is still quite a bit we can optimise to remain competitive for you and us.

With respect to casing design, that only takes approx. 3 days, the inclusion of space for PSUs has been passed on and acknowledged, and is being considered. Such design does obviously affect shipping costs that are dictated by dimensional sizing and weight, but you will need to source PSUs your side. This is not an oversight on our part, but the regulations for importing products with power supplies varies significantly country to country to the extent by which entry of electronic goods that have not met the prior approval of specific countries. If you have been on this forum long enough you would be well aware of the complications and denial that some have experienced, as such we will not provide an internal PSU so as not to limit access to those customers. Keep it simple and ensure everyone has a fair chance of receiving their items. Power supplies are easily available internally anyway. It worked well for Jupiter so we're sticking to that.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:01:01 AM

With respect to casing design, that only takes approx. 3 days, the inclusion of space for PSUs has been passed on and acknowledged, and is being considered. Such design does obviously affect shipping costs that are dictated by dimensional sizing and weight, but you will need to source PSUs your side. This is not an oversight on our part, but the regulations for importing products with power supplies varies significantly country to country to the extent by which entry of electronic goods that have not met the prior approval of specific countries. If you have been on this forum long enough you would be well aware of the complications and denial that some have experienced, as such we will not provide an internal PSU so as not to limit access to those customers. Keep it simple and ensure everyone has a fair chance of receiving their items. Power supplies are easily available internally anyway. It worked well for Jupiter so we're sticking to that.

Why would anybody want to take the customs risk of receiving the unit with a PSU, just madness.

I would prefer to order at my local store in advance where they will deliver or i can collect for free and not have the added weight of 2 x 1250w PSU added to the neptune shipping weight/cost.

KnC 100% make the right choice not including PSU
pedrosoft

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:32:06 AM

Thanks @Bitcoinorama. I appreciate your words  Wink Only one question: please set prices for upgrade modules directly in BTC  Smiley I think it's easier for all of us  Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:39:10 AM

Thanks @Bitcoinorama. I appreciate your words  Wink Only one question: please set prices for upgrade modules directly in BTC  Smiley I think it's easier for all of us  Smiley
+1 as always......

ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:51:05 AM

Thanks 'Orama!

It's a correct answer, but it would be better at the begining of january.

Now we know that we have to buy hashpower somewhere else until Neptune. It's no problem but at least now we know it.

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:05:49 PM

Thanks @Bitcoinorama. I appreciate your words  Wink Only one question: please set prices for upgrade modules directly in BTC  Smiley I think it's easier for all of us  Smiley
+1 as always......

Pricing has to be set in USD due to the risk of certain countries (Thailand for instance) penalising residents for buying any goods or services in exchange for Bitcoins. We want to remain fair to as many as possible.

That said BTC will always be the preferred option and obviously be a payment choice.

For sure though it will be sale from stock and not a pre-order.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Pages: « 1 ... 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 [1418] 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: