Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 09:48:14 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 [1373] 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3011451 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:18:56 PM

Sounds like for the "first time", they're floundering on their word. A month ago they confirmed they would in fact be selling Jupiters by now (actually, by now they should've been shipped). Now they're quiet.

Either they're releasing the Neptune much earlier than anticipated, like next month, or they're simply going to ignore their word.

Actually they said:

As it looks like our struggling competition may eventually ship before our Network protection period has finished, we may be in a position to release Jupiter’s and possibly upgrade cards which we will ship from stock.

If we do have more items to place in the shop for our 28nm range, we will announce this via one of our newsletters which will contain the time and date that they will go on sale. So keep some coins handy as we expect them to go quick.

Emphasized slightly for those that are of an optimistic disposition Smiley

Except in email response to particular KNC thirsty members here, they did confirm they would be opening the order books. After this post. I'm not exactly optomistic, I'm not buying anything from them.

As to the recent hashpower... Cointerra testing equipment? 2nd week of January is when they should've had systems hitting the assembly line for a test run-through.

People are still buying BFL's vastly overpriced "in stock" garbage unfortunately.

Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:36:05 PM

Sounds like for the "first time", they're floundering on their word. A month ago they confirmed they would in fact be selling Jupiters by now (actually, by now they should've been shipped). Now they're quiet.

Either they're releasing the Neptune much earlier than anticipated, like next month, or they're simply going to ignore their word.

Actually they said:

As it looks like our struggling competition may eventually ship before our Network protection period has finished, we may be in a position to release Jupiter’s and possibly upgrade cards which we will ship from stock.

If we do have more items to place in the shop for our 28nm range, we will announce this via one of our newsletters which will contain the time and date that they will go on sale. So keep some coins handy as we expect them to go quick.

Except in email response to particular KNC thirsty members here, they did confirm they would be opening the order books. After this post. I'm not exactly optomistic, I'm not buying anything from them.

As to the recent hashpower... Cointerra testing equipment? 2nd week of January is when they should've had systems hitting the assembly line for a test run-through.

People are still buying BFL's vastly overpriced "in stock" garbage unfortunately.

I didn't mean you personally, I know your a cynic not an optimist Smiley

But do you have reference ot the emails? I remember some nebulous responses that didn't really say anything specific at the time.

But remember the timeline for this, they announced on the 14th that Neptune batch had sold out and that they might release some Jupiters if their competition delivered. Then there was exactly a week before they closed down for Christmas/New Year, and they've only been back at work since Monday.

noodle73

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:45:34 PM

It really is the Ghash / BTC show these days. No other game in town.
Bitminter's run of horrific luck recently hasn't done them any favours

noodle73

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:46:41 PM

Actually they said:

Even if they did suddenly offer some for sale, we'd be complaining they were overpriced.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Crypterium - Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyon

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:51:19 PM

KnC not producing/shipping due to managements' seasonal affective disorder?

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:53:08 PM

btcguild have grown 1.2PH/s in 25 days.

on Dec the 11 pool hashrate was 2PH, now they're crunching at 3.26PH/s

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Jaymax

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:57:58 PM

Pretty sure it is valid, and it's a bit worrying maybe.  Dunno, I'm not an expert. 
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:06:02 PM

Us pre-existing customers can look back at our news emails and see the windows for announcements and purchase.  I don't think a non-customer has that and don't expect a KnC customer would have a legit reason for posting it.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:11:58 PM

But do you have reference ot the emails? I remember some nebulous responses that didn't really say anything specific at the time.

Lol.. not a cynic, I'm an analyst. I don't have skin in the game either way, just looking at what's been presented.

The emails are in this insanely long thread, I did not save hotlinks to them, just noted them. This is why several folks keep pinging on Orama and others, because they were told the books would in fact be opened. And so far, nothing.

I believe they're waiting for a significant trigger, such as Cointerra shipping. It's not likely they'll be shipping Neptunes anytime soon, which is the only other reason they'd be silent.

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:19:27 PM

Look at the BTC/USD price the day it was announced they "might" sell some more Jupiters. Also who was announcing they were shipping imminently. Then look at today's price and also who isn't shipping. Doesn't take a genius to put 2 and 2 together.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:56:04 PM

Us pre-existing customers can look back at our news emails and see the windows for announcements and purchase.  I don't think a non-customer has that and don't expect a KnC customer would have a legit reason for posting it.

Huh who are you talking about?

Lol.. not a cynic, I'm an analyst. I don't have skin in the game either way, just looking at what's been presented.

The emails are in this insanely long thread, I did not save hotlinks to them, just noted them. This is why several folks keep pinging on Orama and others, because they were told the books would in fact be opened. And so far, nothing.

I believe they're waiting for a significant trigger, such as Cointerra shipping. It's not likely they'll be shipping Neptunes anytime soon, which is the only other reason they'd be silent.

Heh, sorry you do sound a little cynical. Which btw is not a critisism, one needs a good dose of cynicism in this business.

I can't find any email or reference to an email that is specific, just lots of ifs, buts and maybe's. Even Orama didn't know what was going on, just that they "talked about it" but nothing was decided other than not to make a decision till after the new year.

I just think its a bit disingeneous to say "They promised" when they didn't and were pretty specific in their wording of their communication of the fact. Lets face it they got slapped around because people weren't ready with their BTC when they sold the upgrade boards, so this time they give a bit of notice that there may be some reason to keep some BTC handy in your wallet and now they get crucified for not "delivering" on that as well.

Can't win really can they.

I believe that when they made the statement, HF et al were all like "were going to ship before EOY" etc but shortly afterwards it all went south for them, and all of them are suffering delays, so the outlook has changed form KnC's POV.

soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:00:52 PM

Okay, ASIC machines drive the network now.  What percentage are KnC machines?  Could it be a combination of seasonal affective disorder (SAD) in conjunction with a certain amount of guilt about  their unqualified success while others flounder?

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
mattie

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:46:24 PM

Okay, ASIC machines drive the network now.  What percentage are KnC machines?  Could it be a combination of seasonal affective disorder (SAD) in conjunction with a certain amount of guilt about  their unqualified success while others flounder?

Must be around 40% right now I think.
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:59:15 PM

Okay, ASIC machines drive the network now.  What percentage are KnC machines?  Could it be a combination of seasonal affective disorder (SAD) in conjunction with a certain amount of guilt about  their unqualified success while others flounder?

I don't think so. The current network speed is around 13,000,000 GH/s, which is equal to 20,000 650 GH/s Jupiters.

I believe Knc produced around 3 1,200 unit batches, plus whatever they kept for themselves, which would be around 4,000 Jupiters or 20% of the network.

Even that maybe on the high side because they shipped some slower 550 GH/s Jupiters, Saturns, and Mercurys.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1176

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:13:52 PM

You are too a cynic! And there is nothing wrong with that. Me, I'm a cynical optimist.

The difference between a cynic and a pessimist is this:

A pessimist doesn't believe anything good CAN happen, and so won't accept it when it does. A cynic, on the other hand, just doesn't expect it. But we aren't upset when it does go right Smiley

That being said, I think your analysis is likely correct. They don't have many competitors on the same scale as them, and I don't think they are taking the lower process node mfgrs seriously. I personally think this is a mistake, as those guys will likely continue to produce, and probably at lower cost in the near future. Already they are having trouble selling their devices at the asking price. Or at least Megabigpower is. Bitmain don't seem to be having any problems.

I just got a Technobit HEX16B based unit from AMT yesterday. They gave it to me to test and hopefully generate some good will for their company, as they got tired of scam accusations. If they are shipping in bulk soon, they'll put out a lot of hashes for the little guy, and they are about to release bitmine based miners as well. I think you'll start seeing a lot more of this model as the developers switch to chip sales over full on rigs. And this little beast is pretty nice. Lots of little guys can drive up the difficulty just as fast as a few big ones. (ok, that reads a bit confusing. The model I refer to is vendors using third party hardware.)

Buy Bitcoins with Paypal, Credit card, or other methods. Send me a PM or a text to 208-451-2665.
mattie

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:27:36 PM

[/quote]

I don't think so. The current network speed is around 13,000,000 GH/s, which is equal to 20,000 650 GH/s Jupiters.

I believe Knc produced around 3 1,200 unit batches, plus whatever they kept for themselves, which would be around 4,000 Jupiters or 20% of the network.

Even that maybe on the high side because they shipped some slower 550 GH/s Jupiters, Saturns, and Mercurys.
[/quote]

Yea think you are right, my calculations where a bit off Wink
Let's see how much of the global hash rate we will get with all neptunes online ^_^
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:46:55 PM

off topic
For my USA KNC associates & friends...  heads up  good news for USA
Just completed an International Transfer Deposit from USA to Bitstamp in LESS THAN 24 hours! (18hours)
hope that helps.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:51:08 PM

off topic
For my USA KNC associates & friends...  heads up  good news for USA
Just completed an International Transfer Deposit from USA to Bitstamp in LESS THAN 24 hours!
hope that helps.

Is there a reason why you don't just use Coinbase? I have found that Coinbase is easy to use and allows transfers to/from US bank accounts.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:53:28 PM

nice....  might set that up as well for backup. I did try, but there was a verification problem (2nd step?)
I only pay .2% fee at bitstamp....  and I like the idea that they are on the xbt  Wink

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
pvnamk19

Activity: 177

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:19:22 PM

www.kncminer.com and their forum down now or I got problem with their connections?

Anyone please confirm!
Pages: « 1 ... 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 [1373] 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.