Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:01:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 [1577] 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:42:16 PM

So you have 5 years of not paying electricity. For 4 of those you wont be earning anything significant anyway.

Whereas with hardware in hand you'd be delighted to pay more in electricity than it was making for those 4 years? Don't bother with the "resale" argument, what's a $5000 batch 3 avalon realistically worth to a non-n00b these days, 1 year after introduction, $250? that's 95% depreciation in a year.

Anyway, there's arguments in favor of hardware in hand, and there's arguments in favor of reasonably priced mining by the gighash, and I looked into this sector and determined that pbmining would appear to be the best deal in this space at the moment. Like it or not, mining seems to be headed towards doing things in bulk quantities, "retail" pricing on power and hardware is looking barely breakeven.

i agree. miner hardware manufacturers aren't making rigs 'at-home' friendly - the target market is big buyers, and if they make a few small sales along the way, then all the better for them. I couldn't host a spondoolian-thingy-ma-bob at home, for example, they are just too damn loud.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finbad2

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:40:42 PM

I wonder at what price point USD/BTC it is just better to turn the lights off?
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 02:42:42 PM

So you have 5 years of not paying electricity. For 4 of those you wont be earning anything significant anyway.

Whereas with hardware in hand you'd be delighted to pay more in electricity than it was making for those 4 years?

No, the hardware is most likely useless after the first year. As is the cloud mining contract.

The hardware will have earned more in that first year than the contract will earn in that first year. Since earnings after the first year are negligible the hardware also earns more in the first year than the contract for five years - for the figures given in the example.

After the first year you throw the hardware away, you don't sell it.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:56:01 PM

BTW...
We all have been over the mining taxation......  straight income tax tallied daily on BTC price sounds scary to me.
Digging into the tax code... looks like capitol gains(as in buy & hold BTC) is much easier to swallow than income tax(Mining)
As a result, there will surely be less American miners soon, and pushed more towards the corporate, large farm level....uuuggh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_gains_tax_in_the_United_States
Time to move to Denmark.    http://www.coindesk.com/denmark-declares-bitcoin-trades-tax-free/

There are no economic reasons for sole individuals to mine in US anymore. Straight buying and holding for more than 12 mo or longer is the most beneficial.
The rule clearly favors accumulation vs usage, hence the utility of bitcoin in transactions will be probably minimized, unless it is revised later on.
Mining as a hobby for a couple of coins can still go on unimpeded.

Not so true for those on Social Security retirement or disability.  As a hobby one cannot deduct cost of equipment purchase or costs of running the gear but must report every btc mined as having created the asset and therefore as income.  With retirement or disability, they will require payback of 50 cents on every dollar earned up to the social security payout.  The social security description of what counts and what doesn't, doesn't seem to start at where one's income reaches a taxable level.
tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:26:40 PM

The KnC 28nm ASIC can run @ lower power, slower.
It will be possible to delay the (break even on power turn off date) by underclocking.

But only if you have posession of the HW.
IMneverHO

YMMV
Smiley

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:17:41 PM

has someone figures about max. chip temperature of Jupiter October and November batch. did Jupiters died because of to high chip temperature?
85C is top recommended max operating temp.  I had some hit 95 and survive just fine(not recommended)
Every board I had liked 75-80 for optimum performance.
Some say chilling works, but most of them have never seen 80C on their ASIC temps. If it were a GPU...
I'd say "cool it", but a Jupiter likes it toasty on the asic.
CLEAN power was most important.....  meaning no spikes and fluctuations in the electrical feed.

also... tuning suite.... LOWER the voltages instead of raise to wake dead dies.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:50:43 PM

has someone figures about max. chip temperature of Jupiter October and November batch. did Jupiters died because of to high chip temperature?
85C is top recommended max operating temp.  I had some hit 95 and survive just fine(not recommended)
Some say chilling works, but most of them have never seen 80C on their ASIC temps. If it were a GPU...
CLEAN power was most important.....  meaning no spikes and fluctuations in the electrical feed.

Wait aren't the sensors placed on VRMs or on boards? 85C for a chip isn't a bit low? I've read that some chips can go up to 120-130C.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:45:39 PM

Wait aren't the sensors placed on VRMs or on boards? 85C for a chip isn't a bit low? I've read that some chips can go up to 120-130C.
probably so...but on knc's asics... When they first arrived, they told us 105C max, but now in the faq it says 95C
but that's okay when the sweetspot is 75 to 80.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Hattifattener

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:01:14 PM

Greed
noun: greed

intense and selfish desire for something, esp. wealth, power, or food.
    synonyms:   avarice, cupidity, acquisitiveness, covetousness, rapacity...

- Bitcoin (BTC,XBT) is the liberating invention to free humanity from the Basel led (BIS) criminal cabal of central banks and their minions, the spider web of bankers.
- If U the people don't know by know, they create FIAT from thin air by double entry book keeping. There is very little capital, leverage often 50:1 or more.
- Our liability to pay back is marked as their asset (if they loan people "money") and if the loan isn't paid back (non performing) we the people (taxpayers) will help the banker because our politicians are just as CORRUPT.
- There is much more to it though... The MilitaryIndustrialCorporateComplex colluding with the second oldest profession in the world i.e.politicians (U may know what the oldest is?) and bankers create all the MISERY we face.

Anyways, that FRAUD cabal and special interest groups are destroying our society because of their GREED.

SO! Is KNC et al. going to continue with mining (lining their pockets) with their operations and selling BTC for the fiat trash USD,EUR,CNY? If so, you're just as corrupt GREEDY idiots as the non productive leeching class AKA bankers.

I hope GREED is not so overwhelming as to send u on that path...

Linnaeus is Swedish and would define u as Homo Sapiens Corruptus if he was alive...

-- LUV

smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:40:41 PM

Have you every bought co-location space in your life to store your own servers? They charge you per-circuit and not for the power you use. There is at least one state in the US that has the lowest power costs out of all the other states that would be a good place for setting up cloud mining sites. There was a story recently on YouTube of a guy who setup his own mining in this state; which they wouldn't name; in a co-location, he was making 8 million a week in Bitcoin mining and was using 1mw of power. (Yes..Mega Watt)

I don't understand - 4Thps for $10000 vs 3 Thps for $11000 ? How much do you think electricity costs will be?

I don't know about everyone else but I've reached the limit of what my house can hold, physically and electrically.  I also happen to live in a desert environment and it's starting to get pretty warm during the day.

So it's time to rid myself of my first gen gear to make room for the newer miners arriving soon.  But then, I'm back at (or above) my max capacity.  And with cloudmining suddenly becoming competetive with hardware sales, it couldn't come at a better time for me.

Think about it, 3TH for $11,000 for 5 years = 3kw * 24hr * 365 days * 5 years * 10-cent kWh = $13,140 for electricity alone = -$2,140 (loss) for PBMining?  That's not even considering the cost of Bitcoin hardware? (Wait, where did they find the money to pay for the 3TH miner if they can't even pay for electricity?)  Where is money to pay for A/C cooling (unless they are in the Arctic Circle), data center cost (or at least renting out a space), Internet, power redundancy for a large operations, administration...  Where is any evident of their rapidly growing mining operations?  Have they provide proof that they are paying people from freshly minted bitcoins and not simply transferring from new investment from new victims?   Looks and smells  like a classic ponzi to me.  You might eventually get out with your original money or even make a little bit if you are one of the first victims, but you know what happen to all ponzi eventually once they can't keep the growth rate up...

Check out the PBMining thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=484355.100

You're the third (i think) person to make their first post in this thread in defence of PBMining.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?all=;topic=100696.0

Ponzi Indicators
1. High rate of return - Tick for PBMining
2.  Provides no evidence of business activity - Tick for PBMining
3. Business activity is "speculation" - no
4. Steady rates of return - PBmining pays the theoretical rate per gh
5. Increasing demand for capital - MAJOR tick, jumped from 14th to 64 in weeks....

Unlike a regular business which has its largest demand for capital at the start, the ponzi starts off with a very small amount of capital ("refuses" deposits), and then grows rapidly.  An increasing demand for capital makes sense only if the business can show what the money is being used for.  A ponzi will need to have its capital grow at a standard rate that exceeds the withdrawals, whereas a legitimate business will have a varying rate of investment.

6. Operator hides their identity - Big tick for PBmining (I have found out who they are)
7. A Super Majority of Non-Investors view it as a Ponzi - Not sure, but certainly many people think so.
8. They advertise a "Limited Availability" tick for pbmining

I'd add 9  - offer referrals to bring in new business - and 10 - use shill accounts to pump their scheme.

They tick 6 or 7 out of 8 for the "how to spot a ponzi" thread list, and 8 or 9 out of 10 if you add my two to the list.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:03:28 PM

Have you every bought co-location space in your life to store your own servers? They charge you per-circuit and not for the power you use. There is at least one state in the US that has the lowest power costs out of all the other states that would be a good place for setting up cloud mining sites. There was a story recently on YouTube of a guy who setup his own mining in this state; which they wouldn't name; in a co-location, he was making 8 million a week in Bitcoin mining and was using 1mw of power. (Yes..Mega Watt)

I don't understand - 4Thps for $10000 vs 3 Thps for $11000 ? How much do you think electricity costs will be?

I don't know about everyone else but I've reached the limit of what my house can hold, physically and electrically.  I also happen to live in a desert environment and it's starting to get pretty warm during the day.

So it's time to rid myself of my first gen gear to make room for the newer miners arriving soon.  But then, I'm back at (or above) my max capacity.  And with cloudmining suddenly becoming competetive with hardware sales, it couldn't come at a better time for me.

Think about it, 3TH for $11,000 for 5 years = 3kw * 24hr * 365 days * 5 years * 10-cent kWh = $13,140 for electricity alone = -$2,140 (loss) for PBMining?  That's not even considering the cost of Bitcoin hardware? (Wait, where did they find the money to pay for the 3TH miner if they can't even pay for electricity?)  Where is money to pay for A/C cooling (unless they are in the Arctic Circle), data center cost (or at least renting out a space), Internet, power redundancy for a large operations, administration...  Where is any evident of their rapidly growing mining operations?  Have they provide proof that they are paying people from freshly minted bitcoins and not simply transferring from new investment from new victims?   Looks and smells  like a classic ponzi to me.  You might eventually get out with your original money or even make a little bit if you are one of the first victims, but you know what happen to all ponzi eventually once they can't keep the growth rate up...

Check out the PBMining thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=484355.100

You're the third (i think) person to make their first post in this thread in defence of PBMining.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?all=;topic=100696.0

Ponzi Indicators
1. High rate of return - Tick for PBMining
2.  Provides no evidence of business activity - Tick for PBMining
3. Business activity is "speculation" - no
4. Steady rates of return - PBmining pays the theoretical rate per gh
5. Increasing demand for capital - MAJOR tick, jumped from 14th to 64 in weeks....

Unlike a regular business which has its largest demand for capital at the start, the ponzi starts off with a very small amount of capital ("refuses" deposits), and then grows rapidly.  An increasing demand for capital makes sense only if the business can show what the money is being used for.  A ponzi will need to have its capital grow at a standard rate that exceeds the withdrawals, whereas a legitimate business will have a varying rate of investment.

6. Operator hides their identity - Big tick for PBmining (I have found out who they are)
7. A Super Majority of Non-Investors view it as a Ponzi - Not sure, but certainly many people think so.
8. They advertise a "Limited Availability" tick for pbmining

I'd add 9  - offer referrals to bring in new business - and 10 - use shill accounts to pump their scheme.

They tick 6 or 7 out of 8 for the "how to spot a ponzi" thread list, and 8 or 9 out of 10 if you add my two to the list.

Yes, I can confirm, there are places in the USA, where electricity is as low as 2.4cents per kilowatthour. Hawaii is 43 cents after all the fees, etc, so we looked early on...  Chelan, Washinton, is a hydrodam town, and such a place. There are others.
If you persue Chelan; steer clear of Chelan mini storage; the manager is dishonest, and attempted to over-charge us, and added for services he was not even involved in performing.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:24:08 PM

Have you?

They charge you for:

1. Amount of rack space
2. Data (fixed or 95th percentile)
3. Power (per Amp)

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:39:15 PM

probably so...but on knc's asics... When they first arrived, they told us 105C max, but now in the faq it says 95C
but that's okay when the sweetspot is 75 to 80.

I have a very different experience with my ASICs.
On my ASIC I can gauranfuckintee lower temps result in higher Gh/s at the pool and everywhere else you care to measure.

Oct. 4 VRM Saturn stats after 1 day 2 hours.
330.323  Gh/s
000.422  %HW

Code:
die   Mh/s      HW%      min   max     Volt   Amp   Watt      W/Gh
0_0  849.30    0.107  ( 0.05 / 0.18 )  0.80  52.19  41.80     1.025
0_1  849.65    0.104  ( 0.05 / 0.17 )  0.80  51.19  41.16     1.009
0_2  847.85    1.119  ( 0.92 / 1.29 )  0.81  55.94  45.20     1.111
0_3  782.99    0.095  ( 0.00 / 0.14 )  0.79  48.06  37.73     1.004
55.0 C
1_0  872.48    0.003  ( 0.00 / 0.02 )  0.82  53.44  43.71     1.044
1_1  874.42    0.003  ( 0.00 / 0.02 )  0.81  54.12  43.73     1.042
1_2  894.81    1.361  ( 1.14 / 1.56 )  0.82  57.88  47.63     1.109
1_3  899.04    0.590  ( 0.23 / 0.92 )  0.78  57.88  45.08     1.045
58.0 C

The temp reported by the miner is NOT the ASIC or VRM temp!!!

The ASIC  above @ 58C measures 73C on the bottom of the PCB directly below the ASIC.
Directly below the VRM's I get 90C.

Power consumption climbs with temp for equal output.
If I cool it more, efficiency climbs and errors lower.

I can adjust speed and W/Gh as needed.
Perhaps you define "optimum performance" differently.

YMMV
Smiley

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:27:44 AM

just a note...I'm opposite (1st run Oct 555gh unit) mine runs best at 62F
it don't change much but from then on up i lose .1gh or so as it rises

but then again my unit is weird ran at 555gh more or less thru all the upgrades .90 to the current 1.0

only time i gained was on 1.0 and I'm now up to 557.7gh whooo who

but anyway if phoenix numbers don't work (unlikely most units are prob in his camp) you can go to the dark side and run the temp down like mine seems to like

yeah I'm confused to .....

oh...and that is WITH  the cover off and 2 Menards 3" fans blowing sideways across the unit in my basement
which in winter went down to 50F (i shut the fans off) and yeah you guessed it still 555gh more or less
never 556...never 554...555gh at least until i upgrade to version 1.00 now at 557.7 (the blinding speed my eyes water)

and yes I've tried it HOT like phoenix with the fans w/o the fans etc etc ..tanks big time.....did not like that at all

l

the bugger just likes those temps and around 555gh no matter what i do

weird but better then 390gh with the above weirdness

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:14:15 AM

That's funny, because I was going to ask you the same thing.  They don't care about power as they usually give you a set amount of power depend on the amount of rack spaces you are leasing:  typically 20-amp 220-V for a full 42U rack, with only 16-amp usable = 3.3kW, enough to power a whopping one 3TH miner.  You can't plug any more equipment in the rack and power it from the same circuit as it will overload and trip the circuit breaker.  You will have to pay additional fee to get more power in, typically at least $200+ per additional 20-amp circuit and that's without any A+B redundancy power feeds.  That's right for power redundancy, you will have to pay another $200 for 20-AMP of standby power that you cannot use.  Otherwise if one of your circuit went out even for just a split second (due to power failure/UPS/breaker), you will now be running twice the power on the second circuit thus tripping the breaker on that circuit and all your equipment is shut down...  How do I know?  I was responsible for relocating all of my last company's servers from the various offices into a colocation with redundant power feeds from the power company, backup diesel generators, redundant climate control, redundant data circuit, secure access, etc..  I shopped around extensively and it is not cheap.  My current employer has almost 1000 servers at their off-site data center and they spent several millions per years in data center costs.  That's not even counting the salary of the staffs necessary to support such a large DC operations.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:38:23 AM

Must be something about the way they do the calculations Cheesy Bitfury chips are the same way, only it's the hashrate rather than dead dies. If I push my rig's voltage, it hashes steadily, but at a bit lower rate. I undervolt it a bit, and I get some REALLY high spikes and overall higher hashrate, but it jumps around like mad. Over a 24hr period, though, I get more hash for slightly lowered voltage. Too far and it goes the other way. Finding the sweet spot is a bit of a challenge Tongue

As to cloudmining, I am doing it, and I'm doing well on it. Like most things, it pays to put your eggs in several baskets. The advantage of the mining contract is obvious, I don't have to hassle with equipment or pay electricity. The price I pay is about what I would pay for an antminer, PSU, and electricity at industrial rates, except that I pay it upfront and the electric would kill the ant in short order, whereas with the hosted mining, I don't have that risk.

On the other side of the coin is several factors that are important. I can tweak my hardware. I can mine alts, which if you play it sharp are more profitable. (sometimes. Yesterday I made nearly twice what I would have mining BTC. Today I'm at about 75%). I have the hardware in my hand, thus have total control over it.

All in all I prefer having my own equipment, but I will go both routes as it makes economic sense to have multiple income streams.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:21:00 AM

meeh, really?

http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/21q9ii/kncminers_ceo_sam_cole_dumping_bitcoins_worth/
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:28:14 AM

maybe final
btc price drop because knc sell everyday so much bitcoin Grin Grin Grin Grin
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:31:06 AM

Its only like $250k per day now.

You're not surprised are you? How else are they going to bring online a 10MW solomining empire? Only at 5Ph so far.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:57:12 AM

Its only like $250k per day now.

You're not surprised are you? How else are they going to bring online a 10MW solomining empire? Only at 5Ph so far.

but but...there was some network protection statement about KNC and their mining operations.)
Pages: « 1 ... 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 [1577] 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: