Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:43:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 [1595] 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
thomashrev89

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:02:50 AM

Anyone received a btc refund?
There are no BTC refunds ... you get the USD's back you paid (or exchanged your BTC's for on the fly)

I got BTC refund for all the orders I paid in BTC.

was this recently?

Around a month ago.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:26:53 AM

"When we receive the chips" and "Shipping Q1/Q2" seem to be two totally different timelines.

work on full mask of a 20nm chip is at least 130 days, as I have previously stated, so why can't Kurt allow us some more transparency on the schedule?
IF; KnC were "On Schedule" why does the 'on schedule' that we have been informed differ so much from the 'on schedule' that they clearly know about.

demand Plan B, demand it now.

They are making half a million dollars a day self mining their DC - they aren't going to give that away to customers they don't give a crap about just because the customers they don't give a crap about demand it Grin As I've said many times before, knc have nothing but contempt for their customers. They just see them as annoying idiots/imbeciles with wallets to take advantage of. We'll see this play out again for sure.

it's ludicrous. announcing a safety net option, then letting you hang just long enough till the netting rots that when you do fall, you go crashing to the floor in a great big thump of negative ROI. Even if the Neptune is 5TH, it's going to be so close to rollout of 16nm (171 days mask time) rigs that it's only going to viable for a very short space of time, and will never return what it cost. I'd love to be wrong but it's not looking good, not looking good whatsoever.
As the poster above, i want you to be profitable and by the best will in the world, I wish you all the luck possible.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:38:30 AM

Anyone received a btc refund?
There are no BTC refunds ... you get the USD's back you paid (or exchanged your BTC's for on the fly)

I got BTC refund for all the orders I paid in BTC.

was this recently?

Around a month ago.
interesting ... I actually want fiat instead of btc ... this way have a nearly 100 % win without mining a single second on my (canceled) neptune.

one4many
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:40:12 PM

"When we receive the chips" and "Shipping Q1/Q2" seem to be two totally different timelines.

work on full mask of a 20nm chip is at least 130 days, as I have previously stated, so why can't Kurt allow us some more transparency on the schedule?
IF; KnC were "On Schedule" why does the 'on schedule' that we have been informed differ so much from the 'on schedule' that they clearly know about.

They are making half a million dollars a day self mining their DC - they aren't going to give that away to customers they don't give a crap about just because the customers they don't give a crap about demand it Grin As I've said many times before, knc have nothing but contempt for their customers. They just see them as annoying idiots/imbeciles with wallets to take advantage of. We'll see this play out again for sure.

it's ludicrous. announcing a safety net option, then letting you hang just long enough till the netting rots that when you do fall, you go crashing to the floor in a great big thump of negative ROI. Even if the Neptune is 5TH, it's going to be so close to rollout of 16nm (171 days mask time) rigs that it's only going to viable for a very short space of time, and will never return what it cost. I'd love to be wrong but it's not looking good, not looking good whatsoever.
As the poster above, i want you to be profitable and by the best will in the world, I wish you all the luck possible.

As you, I also wish all who have held their orders to make as mush profit as possible. For you I hope the price of BTC skyrockets as I think that will be the only way to make it. I have been mining with my jupiter/ant farm at 2.6TH/s and at this point I am scratching out about .2 BTC a day. Its not really looking good for me anymore. Watch the goods for sale or the auction section. I will have Jupiters over there soon. Scratch the .2, Last 24 hours .15.. Yes the luck on the guild has been sucking.

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
raskul

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:48:48 PM

As you, I also wish all who have held their orders to make as mush profit as possible. For you I hope the price of BTC skyrockets as I think that will be the only way to make it. I have been mining with my jupiter/ant farm at 2.6TH/s and at this point I am scratching out about .2 BTC a day. Its not really looking good for me anymore. Watch the goods for sale or the auction section. I will have Jupiters over there soon. Scratch the .2, Last 24 hours .15.. Yes the luck on the guild has been sucking.
http://s6.postimg.org/4hmxf3gcx/2_6.jpg

have you tried a DGM pool? I am also currently a smaller miner and I find a do a lot better on DGM than on any other pool. Currently mining at Ozco.in.

raskul

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:07:56 PM

13%???!  Angry
http://organofcorti.blogspot.co.il/2014/04/april-6th-2014-weekly-hashrate.html

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:39:39 PM

What did you expect from a 10MW DC? It seems that it's only half deployed(my own estimate was 8PH, but if they downclock the Jupiters they might squeeze more) so it will grow bigger. Don't wet yourself.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:42:22 PM

You do realize mask is before tapeout, right?

Youre probably right about that tho.... it makes your timeline even more plausible.  
I did read tho, that TSMC didn't expect 16nm to be ready before Jan even tho the first 16nm's have been taped-out already.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
raskul

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:47:26 PM

You do realize mask is before tapeout, right?

Youre probably right about that tho

Tapeout...
"the design phase is completed and you are ready to send out the GDSII to the fab for production."
http://anysilicon.com/understanding-maskset-type-mpw-mlm-mlr-single-maskset/

yes. i'll be keen to see a working protoype of a Neptune at the end of March then. - oh, what you mean, it's April already? my bad.

pedrosoft

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:42:44 PM

Hi, please could you tell me how many days from "refund ready for process" to "refunded" ?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:29:40 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 06:41:32 PM by Phoenix1969

Hi, please could you tell me how many days from "refund ready for process" to "refunded" ?
I think they do it once a week maybe...  it varies.
I think my last one happened on a wednesday

Awww, rascal, I'm just sayin' it's not as far away as you might think.
They sent to fab at tapeout, so mask is done, that's all

there is no cut -in - stone timetable for 20nm, because its new

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
jddebug

Activity: 446

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:44:57 PM

Is there any word on whether or not the hashrate will be greater than 3TH and what the wattage might end up being? Its seeming like a fiat refund might be the best way to go unless the hashrate specs get bumped way up and wattage goes down.

pedrosoft

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:49:17 PM

I think they do it once a week maybe...  it varies.
I think my last one happened on a wednesday

Awww, rascal, I'm just sayin' it's not as far away as you might think.
They sent to fab at tapeout, so mask is done, that's all

there is no cut -in - stone timetable for 20nm, because its new

thanks Smiley
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 06:57:02 PM

The other interesting info from this:

"Bitcoin will by charging their customers a transaction fee of 0.02% passing through the nodes of Constance and through that to ensure one million investment in women's handball in Boden."

So not only the regular bitcoin transaction fee, knc are going to be scalping 0.02% off every transaction that goes through their KNCWallet (now you know what it's for).

So when they say they are offering free 6 month cloud hashing, it's also a lie, as they'll be scalping 0.02% fees off every payout.

And everyone thought I was nuts when I said the only reason why KNC wants their own wallet program is so they can fill their own pockets. People thought I was dreaming. The post history is there, I'm just too lazy to look for it.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:16:04 PM

Even Scrypt mining will only be for the super rich.  Those Titan's don't make sense.  I even calculated 10 + 1 free.  You could buy so much more LTC at these $10 prices for $100K than what the Titan's would mine.

I think KnC is once again being secretive on the total sold.  And they currently have no limit on the amount people want to order.

Scrypt mining won't be like those wonderful early days of BTC mining.  It won't even be like the 2012 FPGA era.  There are too many rich assholes out there building giant farms the size of buzzdave's and it just keeps growing.

But if you buy LTC direct now it would be like buying in during the 2011 BTC era.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:20:55 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 08:26:25 PM by Phoenix1969

I wondered about the KNC wallet(the why part) now it makes sense. geeze.
But does that make it sound as if the Boden facility hashpower wll be for sale?
... and maybe a KNC wallet could be a requirement for that?
I mean, what would get peeps to use it?
I think I remember them mentioning mining directly to a wallet?

Oh, hold on.... NOPE.   What's this?....

Thats just weird.
I think the author @   http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=sv&nv=1&prev=_dd&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http://www1.idrottonline.se/BodenHandbollIF-Handboll/BodenHandbollIF1/BitcoinkoperBodenHandbollIFforvirtuellapengar/&usg=ALkJrhiiLe23e7LBhkG0BUxW-FxLd69ckw
is confusing regular Bitcoin transaction fees with what is being donated.

Knc may have pledged to donate the transaction fees earned from the Boden mining facility, which would have nothing to do with the transaction fees when sending to or from wallets, which I think is the case here.
The article doesn't translate well either.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 08:18:49 PM

thanks

"" We are serving more than three million dollars a day to resell the bitcoin we break ourselves," said Sam Cole , founder and vice president of KNC Miner with 80 employees and offices on West Higgins Road in central Stockholm. "

Impossible...3600 BTC a day at $450 will be just $1.62mil total market output. Cannot be $3 mil/day.

It has to be impossible. What organization has that kind of money to buy all that bitcoin daily? NONE.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:21:29 PM

thanks

"" We are serving more than three million dollars a day to resell the bitcoin we break ourselves," said Sam Cole , founder and vice president of KNC Miner with 80 employees and offices on West Higgins Road in central Stockholm. "

Impossible...3600 BTC a day at $450 will be just $1.62mil total market output. Cannot be $3 mil/day.

It has to be impossible. What organization has that kind of money to buy all that bitcoin daily? NONE.

It's only 360 btc or about $150k USD now.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:35:54 PM

thanks
It's only 360 btc or about $150k USD now.
I think you have the correct calculation.   people were confused.   Still a nice daily haul by people that were "just in it for the good of bitcoin and would never solo mine more than 5% of what they sold their customers......"

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 08:39:05 PM

I E-mailed the author to find out... will let y'all know
Kronor or USD

But I'm still thinking it may be USD...  
Isn't that the preferred denomination when purchasing Products through bank transfer at KNC?
...and I'm not sure there is an exchange that has enough trade volume in kronor to handle that.... or any exchange that handles kronor... is there?

It's likely they traded btc for usd then usd for kroner (or just held the usd)
Exactly what I was thinking... Sold for USD, then converted at their own bank is the likely possibility.

Here's the post mentioned earlier about an announcement

Finally a tidbit.   Not water-cooled; wow, like they couldn't have told us that a eons ago, and nearly useless information.
Soon?  as in today, this week, or this month?
Seems to me they are much more revealing when talking to press than customers.
Let's get Heraldo on the case.....  hehe
at least it's SOMETHING besides silence.

Better would be having them finish these sentences...
"We expect the chips to arrive within...."
or...   "Last word from the foundry was...."
or...   "Boden will be used to....."
or...   any real, relevant information.

That's called a PRE-announcement for an announcement. It is a marketing tactic to make people keep checking the status over and over and possibly hold off on more refunds. Who knows at this point.

Pages: « 1 ... 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 [1595] 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: