Bitcoin Forum
August 07, 2020, 01:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.20.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How much of your corn do you plan on cashing out in the next massive bull run?
None - 22 (18.8%)
1-10% - 15 (12.8%)
11-20% - 14 (12%)
21-30% - 16 (13.7%)
31-40% - 5 (4.3%)
41-50% - 12 (10.3%)
51-60% - 9 (7.7%)
61-70% - 5 (4.3%)
71-80% - 4 (3.4%)
81-90% - 2 (1.7%)
91-99% - 3 (2.6%)
100% - 10 (8.5%)
Total Voters: 117

Pages: « 1 ... 24576 24577 24578 24579 24580 24581 24582 24583 24584 24585 24586 24587 24588 24589 24590 24591 24592 24593 24594 24595 24596 24597 24598 24599 24600 24601 24602 24603 24604 24605 24606 24607 24608 24609 24610 24611 24612 24613 24614 24615 24616 24617 24618 24619 24620 24621 24622 24623 24624 24625 [24626] 24627 24628 24629 24630 24631 24632 24633 24634 24635 24636 24637 24638 24639 24640 24641 24642 24643 24644 24645 24646 24647 24648 24649 24650 24651 24652 24653 24654 24655 24656 24657 24658 24659 24660 24661 24662 24663 24664 24665 24666 24667 24668 24669 24670 24671 24672 24673 24674 24675 24676 ... 27082 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 21783933 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (148 posts by 37 users deleted.)
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1962

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 11:01:49 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2019, 11:14:11 PM by HairyMaclairy

I am unclear on any consequences that 'fake satoshi' would have in this court case. Assuming he is gonna lose it.

1) it is a civil case? thus big whoop?

2) Craig Wright can just not do the judgment or the payment or whatever, if found guilty, being overseas and all?

3) Call "Dog: The bounty hunter!"

Just sum up for me, if he Craig Wright is gonna get 'dinged' on this in any manner,

or he will just walk away without any 'real' consequences.

I want his 'ass' but I think he is gonna walk without even a slap on his tiny wrists. Sad

Brad

Wright v Kleiman is a civil case.

CSW and David Kleiman supposedly mined 1.1 million bitcoins which are tied up in a complicated trust structure called the “Tulip Trust”.  CSW claims the entirety of the trust was handed over to him.

Ira Kleiman, brother of David Kleiman, is suing for half.  

The problem is there is no evidence that any bitcoins were mined, or if they were, they weren’t sold a long time ago. It is almost certain that Tulip Trust is just a bullshit publicity stunt.

So it’s a big law suit about nothing which is going nowhere.  Nothing will happen to CSW - he will just get more publicity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1555

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 11:11:47 PM

If there is no trust with actual 1.1mil btc and by actual I mean btc for which the trust has private keys for, then it is even more idiotic than i thought.
Let's toast to this!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 3029

How much alt coin diversification is needed? 0%?

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 11:15:35 PM

I already responded both that your facts are not correct and also,

So you're asserting that the charts I posted links to contain fraudulent figures? Interesting. I don't believe your assertion is correct, so I will tentatively conclude that you are delusional on these additional matters of fact.

I'll be happy to rescind my conclusion of delusional, just as soon as you post links to credible evidence of corrected data.

... and even if you might be using some actual facts ... emphasizing facts (if true) in your favor

I know that at one time, in about late 2017, you and your buddy, PeterR were advocating 50/50 or some baloney like that

Nope. You misrememberate. I think Peter suggested just not divesting your other Bitcoins. For my part, I have divulged several times that I have several times the number of BCH, and of BSV, than I do of BTC, though the dollar value of my BTC exceeds the rest of my holdings. And no, I do not feel stupid about it. I fully expect total vindication upon the onset of Blockalypse II. Even if not, I am doing just fine, thankyouverymuch.

That is not much materially different than I had remembered, and of course, you are trying to say that you have some different holding and allocations phylosophy from PeterR.

Nonetheless, it sure it is good to figure out some of these stakes from time to time (even for the benefits of other readers of this thread who might read some of you frequently bitcoin naysaying posts), and surely even though I disagree with you opinions in terms of your choice to hold onto those two shitcoins (bcash variants ABC and SV), I disagree with you pumpening baloney Bcash crap here, but it is laudable that you, at least, to give us some ideas about the approximate ratios of your bcash bag holdings, especially if you are going to be making certain kinds of uptalking attempts of those bcash variants and attempting to suggest that such talk is somehow relevant to this thread, including your ongoing bitcoin neggings..

By the way, even though you are saying that your dollar value held in BTC is greater than BCH and BSV, that would not be too difficult to accomplish by even holding 10x more of each of those stupid ass shit coins, based on current BTC dollar values, but yeah, perhaps there will be some kind of pumpening of those coins, but I doubt that long term holding of those coins would be prudent, nor vindication likely, as you are suggesting, but surely if your money is where your mouth is, then perhaps that is some kind of credibility... even if still seeming to stretch the concept of relevance, here, especially when a kind of meaningful vindication, such as either of those shit projects gaining meaningful network effects to supplant bitcoin (which seems to be what you are suggesting to be not only plausible but likely) seems to be quite a long shot - maybe even in the less than 1% scenarios of likelihood, similar to roach's seeming planning and preparing for Armageddon.....
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 3972

#STAYinsideSTAYdrunk *the dude*

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 11:24:25 PM

HODLsleep!!!
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1172

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 11:31:34 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

So you're asserting that the charts I posted links to contain fraudulent figures? Interesting. I don't believe your assertion is correct, so I will tentatively conclude that you are delusional on these additional matters of fact.

I'll be happy to rescind my conclusion of delusional, just as soon as you post links to credible evidence of corrected data.

... and even if you might be using some actual facts ... emphasizing facts (if true) in your favor

I know that at one time, in about late 2017, you and your buddy, PeterR were advocating 50/50 or some baloney like that

Nope. You misrememberate. I think Peter suggested just not divesting your other Bitcoins. For my part, I have divulged several times that I have several times the number of BCH, and of BSV, than I do of BTC, though the dollar value of my BTC exceeds the rest of my holdings. And no, I do not feel stupid about it. I fully expect total vindication upon the onset of Blockalypse II. Even if not, I am doing just fine, thankyouverymuch.

That is not much materially different than I had remembered, and of course, you are trying to say that you have some different holding and allocations phylosophy from PeterR.

Nonetheless, it sure it is good to figure out some of these stakes from time to time (even for the benefits of other readers of this thread who might read some of you frequently bitcoin naysaying posts), and surely even though I disagree with you opinions in terms of your choice to hold onto those two shitcoins (bcash variants ABC and SV), I disagree with you pumpening baloney Bcash crap here, but it is laudable that you, at least, to give us some ideas about the approximate ratios of your bcash bag holdings, especially if you are going to be making certain kinds of uptalking attempts of those bcash variants and attempting to suggest that such talk is somehow relevant to this thread, including your ongoing bitcoin neggings..

By the way, even though you are saying that your dollar value held in BTC is greater than BCH and BSV, that would not be too difficult to accomplish by even holding 10x more of each of those stupid ass shit coins, based on current BTC dollar values, but yeah, perhaps there will be some kind of pumpening of those coins, but I doubt that long term holding of those coins would be prudent, nor vindication likely, as you are suggesting, but surely if your money is where your mouth is, then perhaps that is some kind of credibility... even if still seeming to stretch the concept of relevance, here, especially when a kind of meaningful vindication, such as either of those shit projects gaining meaningful network effects to supplant bitcoin (which seems to be what you are suggesting to be not only plausible but likely) seems to be quite a long shot - maybe even in the less than 1% scenarios of likelihood, similar to roach's seeming planning and preparing for Armageddon.....

IF jbreher would make public his actual holding figures maybe his position would be more understandable. He is basically hedging a more than winning bet in either case. He probably doesn't even "need" (as in won't ever spend) as much Bitcoins as he actually still have. And he is somewhat deluded into thinking that the possibility of a "blockapocallipse" is much higher than it really is... so he does hedge his chances knowing that even if he is wrong in his stance about BCH/BSV he will do (very) well. It will just be a small and almost unnoticeable dent on his total net worth. And if he is (he won't) right then double win.

This is a clear case of YMMV and "don't try this at home". His situation is not the average Bitcoiner one. Again, don't fucking try to do this unless you have so much BTC you feel like you need to do something about it... and recklessly blowing it all on lambos, whores and coke is not your thing.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1657

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 11:33:58 PM

So he can he be charged for these fraudulent actions?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1050

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 11:45:45 PM

If there is no trust with actual 1.1mil btc and by actual I mean btc for which the trust has private keys for, then it is even more idiotic than i thought.
Let's toast to this!

Highly unlikely such a trust actually exists.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 2479

no FOMO

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 11:48:23 PM

Here is nothing free in this world.

If something is free, YOU are the product
Can't remember where i got this from, but it's true most of the time.

old Adbusters slogan from the 90s at least
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 12:21:12 AM

Theoretically possible but unlikely

CSW will probably end up losing the law suit and have to pay the costs of Ira Kleiman.  But Ira Kleiman is suing to recover something that doesn’t exist so Ira can’t win in any meaningful sense.

So it will all wash away in a wave of bullshit and the BSV shillboys will proclaim it a miracle for BSV.

Someone will jump on something the judge says in the judgement and hold it up as proof that a US court has ruled that CSW is Satoshi.  Of course it won’t say that, but shillboys will believe anything.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1657

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 12:27:25 AM

Theoretically possible but unlikely

CSW will probably end up losing the law suit and have to pay the costs of Ira Kleiman.  But Ira Kleiman is suing to recover something that doesn’t exist so Ira can’t win in any meaningful sense.

So it will all wash away in a wave of bullshit and the BSV shillboys will proclaim it a miracle for BSV.

Someone will jump on something the judge says in the judgement and hold it up as proof that a US court has ruled that CSW is Satoshi.  Of course it won’t say that, but shillboys will believe anything.

Yeah, this sounds likely.  there is something about being charged for frivolous lawsuits but that would fall on the plaintiff I think. Which is ironic considering csw is the king of those...well trump is really. Smiley
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 12:29:18 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/goldman-sachs-analysts-note-says-nows-a-good-time-to-buy-bitcoin
Do you see stupid manipulation? Where were they when btc was $4k.
Goldman sachs bullish on what they called scam. Dump it.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1488

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 12:56:19 AM

<<... deflection continues ...>>

Lest we forget which facts JJG asserted are incorrect:

From end of 2017 Feb to mid 2017 Jun, BTC dominance plunged from over 85% to below 40%.
https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage

The beginning of 2017 is when blocks started becoming persistently full.
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-size.html

The loss of dominance was due neither to BCH nor ICOs. 'Twas the Blockalypse. Or more precisely, Blockalypse I.

OK, actually only the first two were facts. The last paragraph was merely a rational conclusion based upon those preceding facts.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1488

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 12:59:29 AM

And he is somewhat deluded into thinking that the possibility of a "blockapocallipse" is much higher than it really is...

You may wish to ponderate upon this trend line: https://www.blockchain.com/en/charts/avg-block-size?timespan=all
smartcomet

Activity: 180
Merit: 46

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 01:21:55 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

https://twitter.com/gravitywave2/status/1161270170003955712
Prediction based on past performance gets harder with this new front-running paradigm we're seeing in bitcoin. Here demonstrated by how the present bull market won't let price act within a nice channel at a less steep slope than the previous (yet at least).
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 3029

How much alt coin diversification is needed? 0%?

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 01:26:43 AM

no green pump today

Another digital shitcoin scammer vanquished by the savage sword of r0ach the physical silver barbarian.

You gotta zoom out a bit, Roach.

Yeah, maybe some of your old-school PMs are doing relatively well in the short-term; however, if you come at the matter from a broader angle, those PMs have not faired too well, relative to bitcoin, and the future is likely to show a similar history in which, relatively speaking, bitcoin out performs them, by leaps and bounds.

So, yeah, revel while it lasts in some of your short-term pumpenings of various PMs including gold and silver.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 01:35:54 AM

<<... deflection continues ...>>

Lest we forget which facts JJG asserted are incorrect:

From end of 2017 Feb to mid 2017 Jun, BTC dominance plunged from over 85% to below 40%.
https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage

The beginning of 2017 is when blocks started becoming persistently full.
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-size.html

The loss of dominance was due neither to BCH nor ICOs. 'Twas the Blockalypse. Or more precisely, Blockalypse I.

OK, actually only the first two were facts. The last paragraph was merely a rational conclusion based upon those preceding facts.

My dear bear, correlation does not equal causation

A crypto bull market will shrink Bitcoin market dominance

A crypto bull market will also increase Bitcoin transactions

Guess what: both of these things happened
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 01:38:58 AM

For fucks sake JJG.  We discussed this yesterday. I asked you quite nicely not to quote Roach.

Ignored for a week for quoting Roach.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1172

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 01:40:27 AM

And he is somewhat deluded into thinking that the possibility of a "blockapocallipse" is much higher than it really is...

You may wish to ponderate upon this trend line: https://www.blockchain.com/en/charts/avg-block-size?timespan=all

Nothing to worry just yet. Segwit and tx batching doing its job to increase capacity. And nothing a moderate (ie 2x) additional block size increase plus some LN adoption couldn't solve.

I never said we won't need SOME block size increase. Quite the contrary. But forking to go full retarded on 1GB blocks is... well... just retarded.

That being said, I understand your hedging.  If you believe there is a significant chance for a "blockapocallipse" severely hitting Bitcoin in the near future then... well... maybe your putting (some) of your money when your beliefs are...

Even if that were the case, crypto (as a whole) would be severely (if not deadly) hurt.

Ouch... third dumping leg... probably time to BTFD.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 01:45:33 AM

For fucks sake JJG.  We discussed this yesterday.

Ignored for a week for quoting Roach.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 2479

no FOMO

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 01:50:23 AM

You gotta zoom out a bit, Roach.

Yeah, maybe some of your old-school PMs are doing relatively well in the short-term; however, if you come at the matter from a broader angle, those PMs have not faired too well, relative to bitcoin, and the future is likely to show a similar history in which, relatively speaking, bitcoin out performs them, by leaps and bounds.

So, yeah, revel while it lasts in some of your short-term pumpenings of various PMs including gold and silver.

Well, we almost made it 48 hours without another ignore...
Pages: « 1 ... 24576 24577 24578 24579 24580 24581 24582 24583 24584 24585 24586 24587 24588 24589 24590 24591 24592 24593 24594 24595 24596 24597 24598 24599 24600 24601 24602 24603 24604 24605 24606 24607 24608 24609 24610 24611 24612 24613 24614 24615 24616 24617 24618 24619 24620 24621 24622 24623 24624 24625 [24626] 24627 24628 24629 24630 24631 24632 24633 24634 24635 24636 24637 24638 24639 24640 24641 24642 24643 24644 24645 24646 24647 24648 24649 24650 24651 24652 24653 24654 24655 24656 24657 24658 24659 24660 24661 24662 24663 24664 24665 24666 24667 24668 24669 24670 24671 24672 24673 24674 24675 24676 ... 27082 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.