April 19, 2024, 08:35:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24586 24587 24588 24589 24590 24591 24592 24593 24594 24595 24596 24597 24598 24599 24600 24601 24602 24603 24604 24605 24606 24607 24608 24609 24610 24611 24612 24613 24614 24615 24616 24617 24618 24619 24620 24621 24622 24623 24624 24625 24626 24627 24628 24629 24630 24631 24632 24633 24634 24635 [24636] 24637 24638 24639 24640 24641 24642 24643 24644 24645 24646 24647 24648 24649 24650 24651 24652 24653 24654 24655 24656 24657 24658 24659 24660 24661 24662 24663 24664 24665 24666 24667 24668 24669 24670 24671 24672 24673 24674 24675 24676 24677 24678 24679 24680 24681 24682 24683 24684 24685 24686 ... 33281 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364482 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7909

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2019, 04:46:32 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

A picture is worth a thousand words.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Negotiation

Activity: 1036
Merit: 257

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2019, 04:48:31 PM

@eagletwitt3r

Everything else can be taken from you by men in black with guns #Bitcoin

https://twitter.com/eagletwitt3r/status/1168026089483956224
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 04:57:01 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

@Alexanderjest

The case of $100 000 000 per Bitcoin.
Bitcoin could be $100 m+ without hyperinflation @ Worldwide Adoption
The total cap of BTC should be equal to World Total Wealth (WTW), which in 60 years will be weĺl above $3000T.
As you can find below the graph represents that process.

https://twitter.com/alexanderjest/status/1168149294878253056?s=21

We are the next generation of uber, wealthy elite.

Seems pretty decent.

I am not planning to be alive in 60 years, but I am expecting (based on that trajectory, and even less bullish possible outcomes) that any of us who are HODLing and accumulating bitcoin will be able to profit decently well in time frames that are much shorter than 60 years... even likely to be profiting decently in 2 years, 5 years or 10 years... much more manageable as compared to 60 year projections... even though 60 year projections could be quite decent preparation timelines for any of us who either have kids or considering the possibilities of persons who have not been born yet but will potentially be directly (relatedness) connected to us.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 05:08:23 PM

Probably 30 C° now.
A little bit humid because such overcast. But now it’s sunny and windy (couple of kytesurf riding up and down).
Ready to take a bath now!
(I aMa grown up Italian and I won’t wait the compulsory 3h and half after lunch that every italian mum requires to wait).
 Search party off I don’t update the post in one hour!

EDIT: safely back on the shore. Battery was dead...

When I was a kid, we only had to wait one hour.

And a quick look on the interwebs (not that we should trust the interwebs NOT to kill us.. I would trust my mum more, even if she might be a bit overly cautious) seems to show that there is no danger in going in the water immediately (without waiting)... Go figure.   How times have changed!!!!!   
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 05:11:52 PM

One more BTC bull run and that's it. I'll be unemployed, living on passive income just like makrospex.

makrospex is living on passive income?  Bitcoin?  I did not know that.  Any opsec issue(s), here?
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 05:19:05 PM
Merited by Dabs (3)

@eagletwitt3r

Everything else can be taken from you by men in black with guns #Bitcoin

https://twitter.com/eagletwitt3r/status/1168026089483956224
On the contrary, bitcoin can only be taken by men equipped with $5 wrenches...  Roll Eyes
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2407

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 05:19:41 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

One more BTC bull run and that's it. I'll be unemployed, living on passive income just like makrospex.

makrospex is living on passive income?  Bitcoin?  I did not know that.  Any opsec issue(s), here?

Yep he does. The man is living the dream. Skateboarding at 40's, no work, fuck all.

Check below:

Yes, i see BTC as the digital gold. Maybe all future e-currencies are valued against Bitcoin, why not?
Most people in my environment are dumb, they call BTC a hoax. My brother in law wanted to invest in Bitcoin when it was around $350, and his father talked him out of it, into some kind of fund-based asset (i don't know the english term for this). He called his father an idiot in 2017, of course, but the latter still thinks he was right. This is the second "nearly"-coiner i knew to date. The other one had Bitcoins, but only for Silkroad and the likes. He never held them longer than for some weeks.
When you even talk about Bitcoin here, you are suspect to criminal activity, money laundering or you are seen as a moron who wants to lose all his money. They think it's child play, regardless what the facts are, they always know better. This is normality where i live, i am the megageek. I'm skateboarding at age 40+, i'm living on passive income, so i got that "strange freak that does not go to work" image and most people are intimidated by my presence, excluding very few, close friends and family members.
My mother and my wife are the only persons that know that i got the corn. The average IQ in my neighborhood can't be much more than a weak 90 at max.
A guy like RealRoach would be a respected mayor candidate of the town i'm living in. Time went on, in other parts of my country, not so much where i made myself a home   Roll Eyes

THX 1138

Activity: 208
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 05:23:55 PM

Kicking the ant heap for probably the final time. Another message relayed:

(Fwiw, not Shelby's sock puppet. Try checking my posts over several years - but you'll believe what you want to believe ultimately)

Let’s depart with some useful information...

Quote from: Shelby Moore

Does not matter if you are a U.S. Citizen, you always have to pay income tax no matter where you are in the world.

You can't change U.S. citizenship?

As I posted in reply to you several days ago (albeit with not as much specificity, as I thought all needed was a reminder), you can renounce your US citizenship, but you get taxed for the privilege of doing so. Heavily.

They take half as I understand it.

Land of the free indeed.

The exit tax for U.S. citizens only applies if you have more then $2 million net worth. It has onerous implications such as 10 years of ongoing reporting to the IRS when you’re no longer a U.S. citizen.

There is one potential loophole. Currently there is a lifetime $11 million gift tax exclusion, so you could in theory gift your wealth to someone who would gift it back to you after renouncing. Note gift taxes laws in other countries are a maze, so you need to be careful if you gift to a non-U.S. citizen.

But given the Wiemar Republic collapse the West is ostensibly descending into, probably the governments will come after you later and claw everything back because you employed a loophole. Civil Asset Forfeiture means if you sold Bitcoin, later Bitcoin is tainted by illegal activity, the government can take your house not because you did wrong, but because Bitcoin did wrong. This sort of insanity is coming to the West.

Don’t feel so smug if you’re European. The EU is coming after you with a new wealth tax proposal which will apply even if you’re not a resident.

The West is going to confiscate all the private property. This is what Westerners do to themselves at the end game. Again the Wiemar Republic (and currently Argentina) are potentially examples of where the West is headed over the next decade or two.

d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 05:27:07 PM

Time for some Sunday Haiku

A victim-less crime
Possession of crack cocaine
Mandatory minimums

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mandatory terms
Prison populations grow
U.S. War on Drugs ex·po·nen·tial·ly

︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

edit: for clarity
+1 WOsMerit
But the unedited version is stronger IMHO, the war on drugs line makes for a tidy kigo.
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 05:37:56 PM

@Alexanderjest

The total cap of BTC should be equal to World Total Wealth (WTW), which in 60 years will be weĺl above $3000T.

Seems pretty decent.

I am not planning to be alive in 60 years, but I am expecting (based on that trajectory, and even less bullish possible outcomes) that any of us who are HODLing and accumulating bitcoin will be able to profit decently well in time frames that are much shorter than 60 years... even likely to be profiting decently in 2 years, 5 years or 10 years... much more manageable as compared to 60 year projections... even though 60 year projections could be quite decent preparation timelines for any of us who either have kids or considering the possibilities of persons who have not been born yet but will potentially be directly (relatedness) connected to us.
JJG is truly a decent fellow.
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 15341

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2019, 05:40:07 PM

Wow!  I can't believe the beach was deserted.  Only one day in July we hit 30°C where I live!  Maybe I should move...
Not sure about that mandatory 3.5 hour wait after eating though... but is the reason the food or the the effect of the wine you wash it down with?

Ah!
It’s the last day of my holiday.
I am at the airport ready to flight back home.
Italy has many problems, but at least you can fly from any point to any point in less than 2 hours.

And no.
It’s not alcohol related: in Italy every mom consider the sea as lava before 210 minutes after lunch. Any lunch. Even only a sandwich. That’s not because of science, but because Italian mums.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 05:43:34 PM
Merited by makrospex (1)

I just read in a german online news article that sweden is about to quit providing/accepting cash. Means to stop the retail.
Almost all businesses accept digital payment via card or app, some companies/facilities even stopped to accept cash.
They will start a 2-year project to test an e-currency, named "E-krona", which may become the future standard in sweden.

Fuck me. if that won't bring up some questions...
The source article is in german language and that's why i don't link to it - yet. If there's some interest in it, please lemme know.

[Edit: appended and corrected some details]
Cashless society is a Chinese wet dream/dystopian future.
RememberBitcoin is digital cash.
Digital cash means there is anonymous non censurabile decentralised cash. Total opposite of cashless society.

True, but the most of the public users won't get the difference. They all know shit, excluding some exceptions like current hodlers/users.
We are here for the meme,
We are here for the haikus,
We are here for price observations,
But we are here also to spread the knowledge.
The more the people understand what’s happening, the better is for bitcoin.

Yes, i see BTC as the digital gold. Maybe all future e-currencies are valued against Bitcoin, why not?
Most people in my environment are dumb, they call BTC a hoax. My brother in law wanted to invest in Bitcoin when it was around $350, and his father talked him out of it, into some kind of fund-based asset (i don't know the english term for this). He called his father an idiot in 2017, of course, but the latter still thinks he was right. This is the second "nearly"-coiner i knew to date. The other one had Bitcoins, but only for Silkroad and the likes. He never held them longer than for some weeks.
When you even talk about Bitcoin here, you are suspect to criminal activity, money laundering or you are seen as a moron who wants to lose all his money. They think it's child play, regardless what the facts are, they always know better. This is normality where i live, i am the megageek. I'm skateboarding at age 40+, i'm living on passive income, so i got that "strange freak that does not go to work" image and most people are intimidated by my presence, excluding very few, close friends and family members.
My mother and my wife are the only persons that know that i got the corn. The average IQ in my neighborhood can't be much more than a weak 90 at max.
A guy like RealRoach would be a respected mayor candidate of the town i'm living in. Time went on, in other parts of my country, not so much where i made myself a home   Roll Eyes

Hahahahaaha

That's a funny story, and surely a rendition of the real world, maybe even moreso in less urban locations.  I believe in urban locations, you are more likely to run into some people who are receptive to the idea of bitcoin, and maybe some of that has to do with accessibility of a number of other people who are also involved someway in bitcoin.

I am not exactly any kind of bitcoin evangelist in the real world, but if someone shows interest in bitcoin I do become somewhat animated over the topic, and I have given decently strong hints to a large number of real world acquaintances and relatives that it would be prudent for them to take some kind of stake in bitcoin, and surely the more that they ask me about the topic, the more details I will be willing to share, regarding investment strategies and even describing what I believe that they should do, in light of my own experiences.

A little less than two months ago (maybe mid July), I was sitting at a table with a bunch of mostly nocoiners (and surely some some of them were precoiners).  There were about 10 guys (including a few gals too) at the table, but from time to time there would be some circulation in who was sitting at the table or who was standing at the table and drinking too.   There seemed to have been a decent amount of interest in the bitcoin topic, but they frequently got diverted into joking status, and even getting mixed up with bitcoin and other coins that they had heard about, and I would frequently have to suggest not to get mixed up in their heads or their thinking with any attempt to include various shitcoins in the discussion, because I was mostly referring to bitcoin when I spoke, not the various imitators that exist out there.  There was one guy who was quite a bit more vocal than the rest who seemed to "know everything," and he would frequently challenge me on any kind of statement that I made in terms of the greatness of bitcoin as an investment.  He was probably close to the oldest of the group, and relatively financially successful including having had been decently well traveled, too.  I remember several times telling him how he seemed to know so much about bitcoin even though when he spoke, I could tell that he did not really seem to know much of anything about it.. but at the same time, he seemed to want to spout off about the poorness of the investment and making a lot of inept comparisons to other possible ways of getting rich by making good investments in some stocks that had been successful for him in the past.    Anyhow a lot of this discussion was made in good fun because we were all drinking and just batting around various random topics that included my throwing in some bitcoin insights from time to time.   

A couple of guys had mentioned that either they wanted me to help them with their investment into BTC because they had no clue about what I was talking about, even though it sounded good or that I should do a podcast.  Hahahahaha.  Regarding the podcast, I said that there were a lot of really great podcast that already existed out there, and I don't really want to get involved in that bitcoin podcasting scene when there are plenty of other people who are more than willing to do it and do a good job.  Regarding helping people, I said that I would help anyone who wanted help, but I was not going to invest for them, and they would need to take their own responsibility in getting set up, but I would help them if they wanted me to help them.   I did not hear from any of them, so far, regarding getting my help with bitcoin matters.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 05:48:28 PM

@Alexanderjest

Seems pretty decent.

JJG is truly a decent fellow.

I had noticed that I had been using that word quite a lot recently, too, so admittedly maybe I have to become more proactive about word-choice variety, including that particular word?   Embarrassed Embarrassed
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 05:50:41 PM

<snip>

I really would like to know where you are living bro.... Can you give us a hint?

Countryside of Austria, the motherland Arnold Schwarzenegger left because of the limiting stupidity i was writing about.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3474

born once atheist

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 05:55:51 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

...... or that I should do a podcast.  Hahahahaha.  Regarding the podcast...<blah blah blah>

Jay, with all due respect, if you ever did a podcast, please post the link in here...I have trouble sleeping....
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 05:58:14 PM
Merited by sirazimuth (1)

...... or that I should do a podcast.  Hahahahaha.  Regarding the podcast...<blah blah blah>

Jay, with all due respect, if you ever did a podcast, please post the link in here...I have trouble sleeping....

I will take that comment as humor, whether intended or no.    Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3474

born once atheist

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 06:01:56 PM

...... or that I should do a podcast.  Hahahahaha.  Regarding the podcast...<blah blah blah>

I will take that comment as humor, whether intended or no.    Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Wink
SuperTA

Activity: 406
Merit: 301

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 06:05:55 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2019, 06:24:35 PM by SuperTA

Countryside of Austria, the motherland Arnold Schwarzenegger left because of the limiting stupidity i was writing about.

Things are changing in Austria too. A1 -  The biggest Austrian telecommunication provider now accepts Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies for payments. They started to accept crypto this month. They accept it even in Graz - city, where Schwarzenegger was bodybuilding.

https://twitter.com/salamantex/status/1163435472758218753?s=20
vroom
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1681

a Cray can run an endless loop in under 4 hours

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 06:17:41 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

volume increased, we are going up slightly.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2019, 06:27:27 PM

volume increased, we are going up slightly.

Close of the weekly candle is coming in about 5.5 hours (as I type this post), and that closing of the weekly candle has seemed to have been affecting BTC price movements in the past months.

Is this week different?

By the way, even though trade volume tends to be a bit lower on the weekends, the trade volume this weekend seems to be even lower than usual, which causes any increase to be noticeable but also could contribute to a sizeable explosive movement (in either direction).
Pages: « 1 ... 24586 24587 24588 24589 24590 24591 24592 24593 24594 24595 24596 24597 24598 24599 24600 24601 24602 24603 24604 24605 24606 24607 24608 24609 24610 24611 24612 24613 24614 24615 24616 24617 24618 24619 24620 24621 24622 24623 24624 24625 24626 24627 24628 24629 24630 24631 24632 24633 24634 24635 [24636] 24637 24638 24639 24640 24641 24642 24643 24644 24645 24646 24647 24648 24649 24650 24651 24652 24653 24654 24655 24656 24657 24658 24659 24660 24661 24662 24663 24664 24665 24666 24667 24668 24669 24670 24671 24672 24673 24674 24675 24676 24677 24678 24679 24680 24681 24682 24683 24684 24685 24686 ... 33281 »
  Print  

Jump to: