Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:12:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 814 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1500 TH] p2pool: Decentralized, DoS-resistant, Hop-Proof pool  (Read 2591571 times)
norgan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 12:15:03 AM

hi guys iv finally got a coin live. just cannot get it to connect from my miner on another network. how the heck do i do it lol iv forwarded parts and that cant find a decent guide without doge coin being mentioned 7 billion times

What coin are you trying to set up?

i was trying to set up bonus and hunter coin. but the bonus dev has told me the coder knows theres major issues with his code reg p2p pools. and huc well its a beast!
i have just set up a joulecoin p2p pool currently testing it with my rig that is hosted at a friends house. everythings set up i think router wise. p2pool is spitting out spurious crud looking for workers so fingers crossed it works

look for the new merged work log. also when it starts up p2pool will report if it can connect to the wallet rpc port. you can set p2pool to write to a log file to make it a bit easier. I have not tried those coins but I've got nmc, ixc and dvc all working on my node.

Miner, tech geek, operator of NorgzPool - Sydney Australia P2Pool Node creator of p2pool fancy front end

Tips: 1NorganBbymShTN2MMpfGzRYJF8mcPeXjv Exchange BTC locally in Australia or Donate to p2pool miners
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:19:29 AM

hi guys iv finally got a coin live. just cannot get it to connect from my miner on another network. how the heck do i do it lol iv forwarded parts and that cant find a decent guide without doge coin being mentioned 7 billion times

i was trying to set up bonus and hunter coin. but the bonus dev has told me the coder knows theres major issues with his code reg p2p pools. and huc well its a beast!
i have just set up a joulecoin p2p pool currently testing it with my rig that is hosted at a friends house. everythings set up i think router wise. p2pool is spitting out spurious crud looking for workers so fingers crossed it works

look for the new merged work log. also when it starts up p2pool will report if it can connect to the wallet rpc port. you can set p2pool to write to a log file to make it a bit easier. I have not tried those coins but I've got nmc, ixc and dvc all working on my node.
i will be upscaling after sucessfull test. am i right in thinking that i only have to open xxxx ports to my pc ip adress being 192.168.1.2?  and then use my public ip as the connection for the rig? iv googled my external ip  obviously cant test from internally
p.s p2pool says 1 connection :-) just not a miner. but i presume 1 incoming connection means its set up

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
norgan

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 12:44:30 AM

i will be upscaling after sucessfull test. am i right in thinking that i only have to open xxxx ports to my pc ip adress being 192.168.1.2?  and then use my public ip as the connection for the rig? iv googled my external ip  obviously cant test from internally
p.s p2pool says 1 connection :-) just not a miner. but i presume 1 incoming connection means its set up

if you have your miners on the same network then connect on that internal IP. Otherwise you have one inbound port for miners 9332 and one for peer connections from other nodes 9333 then the inbound ports for whatever coin node you are running. Bitcoin is 8333.

Miner, tech geek, operator of NorgzPool - Sydney Australia P2Pool Node creator of p2pool fancy front end

Tips: 1NorganBbymShTN2MMpfGzRYJF8mcPeXjv Exchange BTC locally in Australia or Donate to p2pool miners
regtable69

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:05:48 AM

if you have your miners on the same network then connect on that internal IP. Otherwise you have one inbound port for miners 9332 and one for peer connections from other nodes 9333 then the inbound ports for whatever coin node you are running. Bitcoin is 8333.

IT WORKS!!! :-) HAPPY DAYS. IM NOW SOLO MINING WITH MY AMT MINING RIG

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:06:55 AM

only unfortunate thing is my merged coins do not seem to be paying out to the wallets. I see new work for merged coming in but doesn't seem to be dumping any in the wallets. IT used to work. Any known gotchas that may stop merged coins from paying out?

You have to find shares of high enough difficulty to solve a block of the merged coins.  If you happen to find the share that solves the BTC block, then by default you'll also find blocks of every coin you're merge-mining because the BTC hash will satisfy every other one.

Effectively you're solo mining the merged coins.

Which is why I'm trying to get a movement started for all the p2pool nodes to convert their merged mining proceeds to BTC and share it with the entire pool.  That way we're all effectively merge mining together.  

I took the first step and shared the proceeds from the block I got on my node.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 01:16:42 AM

only unfortunate thing is my merged coins do not seem to be paying out to the wallets. I see new work for merged coming in but doesn't seem to be dumping any in the wallets. IT used to work. Any known gotchas that may stop merged coins from paying out?

You have to find shares of high enough difficulty to solve a block of the merged coins.  If you happen to find the share that solves the BTC block, then by default you'll also find blocks of every coin you're merge-mining because the BTC hash will satisfy every other one.

Which is why I'm trying to get a movement started for all the p2pool nodes to convert their merged mining proceeds to BTC and share it with the entire pool.  That way we're all effectively merge mining together.  

M

I'm right there with you.  I think it's a great idea and hope every p2pool miner who runs a node follows suit.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
regtable69

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:32:00 AM

is it normal for there to be more than 2 address payouts on a p2pool? iv used a wallet for fees and my m8 whos running the miner has used another address. and there are 2 more showing up in the payout section. this mean someones mining with us?
i hadnt publicised the details yet :-s

norgan

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 02:17:08 AM

M

I'm right there with you.  I think it's a great idea and hope every p2pool miner who runs a node follows suit.
Yeah I'm on that wagon. Just waiting for some decent coinage before sending through. I've only got one set of very small dumps so far.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 05:09:06 AM

BLOCK PARTY!  4 in one day.  Smiley

qumqats

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:36:50 AM

Am I correct in thinking that the payout an addresses will get, is directly related to the number of shares in the chain that were found by that address?

Since shares are constantly dropping off the chain, you have to keep finding shares, otherwise as your shares drop off the chain, your payout will also drop?

If you have a dry spell your payout will drop, because more shares are dropping off than are being found.
Likewise if you have a hot spell your payout will increase as more shares are added than dropped.

How do dead and orphaned shares fit into this?

Is this a reasonable accurate understanding?   Huh

ADVthaAnksNCE
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:41:07 AM

Since shares are constantly dropping off the chain, you have to keep finding shares, otherwise as your shares drop off the chain, your payout will also drop?

If you have a dry spell your payout will drop, because more shares are dropping off than are being found.
Likewise if you have a hot spell your payout will increase as more shares are added than dropped.

Yes, this is largely correct. Dead/orphan shares can still be valid Bitcoin blocks that pay the pool. The Dead/orphan refers to the share-chain, not the Bitcoin block-chain.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
norgan

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 07:04:13 AM

So when you do a -n and connect to another node. what advantages does that have exactly? You get connections anyway right so why specify why to connect to specifically?

(I get if you run those nodes and want them permanently connected, more interested in why you would do this to another node not run by you).

Polyatomic

Activity: 257

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:35:39 AM

So when you do a -n and connect to another node. what advantages does that have exactly? You get connections anyway right so why specify why to connect to specifically?

(I get if you run those nodes and want them permanently connected, more interested in why you would do this to another node not run by you).

The other node could\" be run by you and have a bunch of good connections , your mining node could manually addnode to that and one other major pool and BlueMatts backbone network. I believe its good practice.
norgan

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 11:46:24 AM

Aside from best practice what advantages does it bring. How and what is bluematts backbone network?

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 12:49:39 PM

Yes, this is largely correct. Dead/orphan shares can still be valid Bitcoin blocks that pay the pool. The Dead/orphan refers to the share-chain, not the Bitcoin block-chain.

Let me expand upon that just a little bit to hopefully help qumqats understand what you mean.  Finding shares in p2pool is equivalent to solving a block.  Your miners, when they find one, are announcing to the p2pool network that they have found a low enough hash to satisfy requirements and are thus adding a new block to the chain.  An orphan share means that somebody else also found a solution that satisfied the requirements and announced their solution to the network.  Unfortunately for you, their solution was accepted and added to the chain prior to yours.

You're not completely out of luck, though, because your solution might also satisfy the Bitcoin network's requirements.  In that case, your orphaned share would solve the BTC block, and everyone gets their share of the reward.

Take a look at the following contrived example to see how it might work:

You find a share of difficulty 10,000,000,000
Another miner finds a share of difficulty 1,000,000,000

Both of you submit your work.  His is accepted as a share and yours becomes orphaned.  Yours is, however, accepted by the BTC block chain as a valid solution.  The block is added to the chain, 25BTC are generated and distributed to the miners in p2pool, along with transaction fees from the generated block.

Dead shares work similarly, except for the fact that they never make it out of your local environment.  Whereas an orphan share means you announced to the p2pool network that you found a solution, a dead share you don't even bother announcing because you have already been informed by the network that the share is invalid (i.e. the block height is lower than the current block being mined).  Just like with an orphaned share, your solution might be a valid solution to the BTC network, and if so, it solves the block and everyone gets paid.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:10:15 PM

Hey guys, I hope you can all get behind this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=609069.0
squashpile

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:22:59 PM

I can help setting up nodes if anyone needs help.

SquashPool - 0% Fee - Dedicated P2Pool VPS - Atlanta, GA - SSD - Gig uplink
regtable69

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:32:58 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 07:07:25 PM by regtable69

I can help setting up nodes if anyone needs help.
If it wasnt for using my pc for gaming and dual booting linux i would have a p2pool node up iv had an xjo node online 24hrs stable. Only one muner tho atm. Not sure how many i could handle

would like to say thanks to you guys whe helped n provided me the info to get set up

jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:45:30 PM

Hey guys, I hope you can all get behind this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=609069.0

Bravo!!!... we need to spread the message in just this way.

regtable69

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:17:04 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 11:52:50 PM by regtable69

BLOCK_EXPLORER_URL_PREFIX='',
        ADDRESS_EXPLORER_URL_PREFIX='',
   TX_EXPLORER_URL_PREFIX='',

what would i set these with?? i tried the two block explorers i found for the coin but neither work came back with a parsing error.

from bitcoin folder network.py-  http://pastebin.com/y12UXAcL

thanks for helping thus far :-)

Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 814 »
  Print  

Jump to: