Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:29:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
xaeder

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:28:11 AM

So my cards arrived

6x MSI GTX 1070 AERO 8G OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 OC PCIE

Any experience with those and what should I modify?

I'll be testing it on Carbon tomorrow morning with the bios you instructed and will tell you how it goes.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bentcrypto

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:07:04 PM

Built my first real rig and got nvOC up and running last night...great job fullzero!

Is anyone having problems with payouts from nanopool? My account shows confirmed transaction but my Jaxx ZEC wallet is empty?? First time I have used nanopool.

rabbitr32

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:14:15 PM

I added a fully compatible nvOC image for the ASUS Z270-F GAMING Motherboard  

https://s13.postimg.org/q08huqnyv/IMG_0270.jpg

The SHA256 hash (for the zip) is:
7abd76fc656f9605086535dc71215437288689e644f72e3fe1ba54d3f9f87f4d

ASUS Z270-F GAMING up to 9x cards with 2x m2_to_pcie_adapters (note all OC) Link Grin

nvOC is for fast 16gb or larger USB keys see the OP for a link

This image includes plusCPU setting to enable cpuminer-opt to mine XMR while mining another COIN with the GPUs.

This image has the newest oneBash supporting these COIN selections:

ZEC   ZCL   FTC   LBC   MUSIC   ETC   EXP   ETH   DCR   PASC
DUAL_ETC_DCR       DUAL_ETC_PASC        DUAL_ETC_LBC         DUAL_ETC_SC
DUAL_EXP_DCR       DUAL_EXP_PASC        DUAL_EXP_LBC         DUAL_EXP_SC
DUAL_ETH_DCR       DUAL_ETH_PASC        DUAL_ETH_LBC        DUAL_ETH_SC
DUAL_MUSIC_DCR   DUAL_MUSIC_PASC    DUAL_MUSIC_LBC    DUAL_MUSIC_SC

cpuminer-opt is compiled several different CPUs in this image.  I built this image with a G4560 CPU.  

This motherboard requires the following bios changes before it will work correctly with nvOC:

ensure 'Above 4G Decoding' is enabled in the bios.

ensure PTP aware OS: is set to 'Not PTP Aware' in the bios.

ensure you 'Clear Secure Boot Keys' in the bios.  

Please note to use 9x cards you must use: 2x m2_to_pcie_adapters.

will this image work on ASUS H270 PLUS PRIME ? It has same 2 M.2 slots.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:30:56 PM

Built my first real rig and got nvOC up and running last night...great job fullzero!

Is anyone having problems with payouts from nanopool? My account shows confirmed transaction but my Jaxx ZEC wallet is empty?? First time I have used nanopool.

<snipped>

I feel your pain... drop nanopool op an email to inquire.

I gave up on ZEC pools quite a while ago.

I now directly sell my ZEC hash to who want to rent it out at Nicehash, and get BTC upfront without the waiting for confirmation bs.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
bobers

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:56:10 PM

I have some olds motherbords with no name USB flashes and nvOS works well after i modifed xorg. Now i bought 2 MSI270 A Pro, load image for it on Lexar 32gb. I dont know why but nvOS loading very slowly, im waiting about 30 min with black screen on both MB.
What do i do wrong? I flashed new BIOS and setup it like fullzero  said. Also i have 6 Gigabyte min 1070 with USB power risers rev 006c each one connected to each one sata.

My old MB with 2gb RAM loads within 5-10 min, new both MSI with 8GB DDR4 about 30 min
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:05:03 PM

I have some olds motherbords with no name USB flashes and nvOS works well after i modifed xorg. Now i bought 2 MSI270 A Pro, load image for it on Lexar 32gb. I dont know why but nvOS loading very slowly, im waiting about 30 min with black screen on both MB.
What do i do wrong? I flashed new BIOS and setup it like fullzero  said. Also i have 6 Gigabyte min 1070 with USB power risers rev 006c each one connected to each one sata.

My old MB with 2gb RAM loads within 5-10 min, new both MSI with 8GB DDR4 about 30 min

even 5 minutes is too long for any OS to load....

Windows load under 30 seconds.... smOS/Ubuntu loads even faster...  Sad

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
bentcrypto

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:11:29 PM

<snipped>

I now directly sell my ZEC hash to who want to rent it out at Nicehash, and get BTC upfront without the waiting for confirmation bs.

Thanks mate, I sent them an email.

I usually mine at nicehash too but I wanted to try getting paid in ZEC to see how it compares to getting BTC at nicehash.

Is it easy to edit the bashfile to get nvOC to mine at nicehash?
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:26:07 PM

<snipped>

I usually mine at nicehash too but I wanted to try getting paid in ZEC to see how it compares to getting BTC at nicehash.

I always check at whattomine.com and see how far apart mining ZEC directly and selling at NH.... sometimes NH is higher than mining ZEC.
ZEC pools like Nanopool, Flypool, Dwarfpool..... struggles whenever difficulty level happens... its quite frustrating because you get the first few payments likely after a day or two depending on confirmation etc. then it goes to your wallet (Poloniex, Jaxx etc).... then these guys will have their own issues etc. by the time you see stable and consistent ZEC coin balance it will be many days later...... then you want to exchange ZEC to BTC ..... you get another layer of fees to do that and another confirmation wait  Huh

In NH marketplace for ZEC / Equihash -- I see the trends of supply and demand, and there is huge demand spiking several times a day and paying premium rates (ie. higher than mining direct). BTC this high now, I rather get BTC upfront as fast as possible. Sure I will probably lose about 10-15% on average but I dont have to worry about ZEC coins getting lost from pool to wallet; and the more confirmations.

I guess thats the price I have to pay for getting rental BTCs to my wallet at the same time everyday.

in onebash, just edit the ZEC pool infomation to as follows:

ZEC address: <enter your BTC address instead>
pool: equihash.usa.nicehash.com
port: 3357

viperman2

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:33:03 PM

It is intended to prompt for password right after the screen is up??? whats the workaround to fix that.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:50:05 PM

Hi,
i bought a few ASUS DUAL 1060s 6GB , and i'm going to test your OS.

I saw that this v0014 is specific for USB keys, i would like to use 3.5 HDD, will you provide download link to older version. Thanks.

I already removed the removed the older images.  Currently images imaged to an SSD or HDD will not autoboot oneBash without changes or (unless a usb to sata adapter is used.  I will fix this eventually, I have been prioritizing making supported images for member requested mobos.

for using an SSD or HDD see:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg19212139#msg19212139

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg19300078#msg19300078

If you have trouble after imaging let me know.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:52:47 PM

So my cards arrived

6x MSI GTX 1070 AERO 8G OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 OC PCIE

Any experience with those and what should I modify?

I'll be testing it on Carbon tomorrow morning with the bios you instructed and will tell you how it goes.

I haven't tested those cards; maybe someone else has and can give you suggestions.  I recommend starting with a low OC and increasing it by small amounts until the OC becomes unstable.
viperman2

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:57:37 PM

Hi, i'have imaged the OS to hard drive and its working fine.
Just right after the boot terminal window is opened and start executing some commands with message of sudo password.
Is this by design or i should put some intervention. At the end after 20-30 minutes of waiting i got claymore miner started and got error that no space to create DAG file.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:58:36 PM

<snipped>

I always check at whattomine.com and see how far apart mining ZEC directly and selling at NH.... sometimes NH is higher than mining ZEC.
ZEC pools like Nanopool, Flypool, Dwarfpool..... struggles whenever difficulty level happens... its quite frustrating because you get the first few payments likely after a day or two depending on confirmation etc. then it goes to your wallet (Poloniex, Jaxx etc).... then these guys will have their own issues etc. by the time you see stable and consistent ZEC coin balance it will be many days later...... then you want to exchange ZEC to BTC ..... you get another layer of fees to do that and another confirmation wait  Huh

In NH marketplace for ZEC / Equihash -- I see the trends of supply and demand, and there is huge demand spiking several times a day and paying premium rates (ie. higher than mining direct). BTC this high now, I rather get BTC upfront as fast as possible. Sure I will probably lose about 10-15% on average but I dont have to worry about ZEC coins getting lost from pool to wallet; and the more confirmations.

I guess thats the price I have to pay for getting rental BTCs to my wallet at the same time everyday.

in onebash, just edit the ZEC pool infomation to as follows:

ZEC address: <enter your BTC address instead>
pool: equihash.usa.nicehash.com
port: 3357

Nicehash should be easy and convenient.  Thanks for showing how to do this with oneBash citronick. 

In regards to payment problem: you can see if the problem is with nanopool or Jaxx by looking at your ZEC address with a block explorer. 

Use https://explorer.zcha.in/  to search your address transactions. 

If the payment transactions are there then the problem is with Jaxx; if they are not then the problem is with nanopool.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:01:10 PM

ASUS Z270-F GAMING up to 9x cards with 2x m2_to_pcie_adapters (note all OC) Link Grin

This image includes plusCPU setting to enable cpuminer-opt to mine XMR while mining another COIN with the GPUs.

cpuminer-opt is compiled several different CPUs in this image.  I built this image with a G4560 CPU.  

This motherboard requires the following bios changes before it will work correctly with nvOC:

The H270 is a different chipset; so I am not sure if it will work.  I should get a H270 PLUS PRIME in today and should be able to test it / make an image for it tonight.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:05:02 PM

It should not be taking 30 mins to load.  First what CPU are you using?

I recommend using this USB port.

Are you connecting the monitor to the gpu attached to the first 16x slot as pictured here?

bobers

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:25:51 PM

Are you connecting the monitor to the gpu attached to the first 16x slot as pictured here?

I use G4600, of cause i connect monitor to 1st slot. I tried different USB ports, this one also
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:26:43 PM

It is intended to prompt for password right after the screen is up??? whats the workaround to fix that.

OS should autologin; in all new images I am making screenlock is disabled.

Hi, i'have imaged the OS to hard drive and its working fine.
Just right after the boot terminal window is opened and start executing some commands with message of sudo password.
Is this by design or i should put some intervention. At the end after 20-30 minutes of waiting i got claymore miner started and got error that no space to create DAG file.

The simplest solution for right now is to open the windows partition containing oneBash.  By open I mean click it on the taskbar on the left.

Once you do this the ssd partition will be linked and oneBash should be found and launched.

You may also need to close the mining process and reopen gnome terminal to relaunch it; not sure its been a while since I used an ssd with nvOC.

for a more permanent solution:

click the usbkey icon on the taskbar at the left of the screen

copy oneBash to the desktop

press f12 to open the guake terminal, if cpuminer is running press ctrl +c to stop it

type the following and then press enter:

chmod +x '/home/m1/Desktop/oneBash'

click the file cabinet icon on the taskbar at the left of the screen

rightclick the file called 2unix

select open with gedit

on the last line which starts with:

bash

modify the line to be:

bash '/home/m1/Desktop/oneBash'

and save the file.

Close the mining process if open

reopen gnome terminal to restart the mining process and it will start the oneBash on the desktop

this will allow the ssd / hdd build to autolaunch on boot

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:29:39 PM

hi fullzero - any reason why use this port ... because as per my understanding, the blue tabbed USB ports are meant for USB3 (faster) compared to the normal black tabbed ones USB2 (slower). thanks

rabbitr32

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:31:36 PM

The H270 is a different chipset; so I am not sure if it will work.  I should get a H270 PLUS PRIME in today and should be able to test it / make an image for it tonight.

SUPERB.. let us know. i think z270 is kinda exp now. H270 is a lot more affordable.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:39:17 PM

I use G4600, of cause i connect monitor to 1st slot. I tried different USB ports, this one also

Just trying to go through all the possibilities.  I believe loading with a black screen is normal with this mobo; but I would have to confirm this.

I would try reimaging the USB key (copy the configured oneBash to your build computer to save configuration time if you haven't already).

You probably did this; but for the benefit of anyone reading this:

always ensure that you wait a few seconds after imaging is complete before closing the imaging program. After you have copied a previously configured onebash to the USB key or edited the oneBash on the key ensure you eject the drive and wait a few seconds before removing it from the build computer.

Also what ram are you using?

With the risers are you powering more than 2 GPUs with the same cable from the PSU?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: