Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:39:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423205 times)
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:31:20 PM

I think that's correct -- as far as I know steamboat's not offering an option for a PCB without chips.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
logicbomb666

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 07:50:23 PM

Dang, this is the second group buy I have been in.  The first, the guy running it hurt his leg and posted pics of him in the hospital.  Now in this one, steamboat gets bronchitis.

Coincidence? Lol.

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:04:16 PM

I checked the blockchain, it seems that batch #6 has already reached the half way mark, but it has not been ordered. In the past, once half the batch is sold, the order would be placed. It seems that this is not the case with batch #6. Can anyone confirm this?

I know it's none of my business, but have you actually bought into any batches yet?

Or is your main goal in this thread to stir things up?

Well I ordered chips on Fri (batch 6?) and am wondering this also, and I haven't received an email back. I'm assuming steamboat is just a bit behind like he said. Not too concerned at this point, but I would like to see the chips ordered soon if it has reached the usual ordering point.

It is a valid point, and one that buyers in batch 6 have a right to be asking.

However, that is why I asked if "Geode" has actually made a purchase. So far all of his posts in the thread have been somewhat negative in nature. Will all due respect, if he hasn't ordered chips, I'd rather he take his negativity elsewhere. Smiley

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
503guy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:10:47 PM

I checked the blockchain, it seems that batch #6 has already reached the half way mark, but it has not been ordered. In the past, once half the batch is sold, the order would be placed. It seems that this is not the case with batch #6. Can anyone confirm this?

I know it's none of my business, but have you actually bought into any batches yet?

Well I ordered chips on Fri (batch 6?) and am wondering this also, and I haven't received an email back. I'm assuming steamboat is just a bit behind like he said. Not too concerned at this point, but I would like to see the chips ordered soon if it has reached the usual ordering point.

However, that is why I asked if "Geode" has actually made a purchase. So far all of his posts in the thread have been somewhat negative in nature. Will all due respect, if he hasn't ordered chips, I'd rather he take his negativity elsewhere. Smiley

Steamboat can't order the chips right now anyway, the store is still showing "out of stock" and there is no button for ordering like there was before:

http://store.avalon-asics.com/?product=avalon-asic-chips-10000

driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:24:38 PM

Steamboat can't order the chips right now anyway, the store is still showing "out of stock" and there is no button for ordering like there was before:

http://store.avalon-asics.com/?product=avalon-asic-chips-10000

Drumroll, Avalon Asic v.2.0 in the making?
or, its a web tilt, or friedcat has personal contacts with anyone sitting on these amounts of coins?
RogueLeader

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:04:54 AM

bronchitis

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Couldn't resist.  Get well sb.
steamboat (OP)

Activity: 648

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:50:34 AM

Complete unit purchasing steps:

Step 1: Purchase chips through this thread following the directions found in the first post.

Step 2: Upon receiving payment for the chip purchase, a link will be given to the website used to purchase the desired assembly option.

We recognize this method is cumbersome and inefficient. We are continuing to work on the final site design which will allow chips to be purchased directly through the site, in addition to several other products. Our current priority is ensuring everything is in place for units to be shipped on time, and this method will be used until the new payment system is tested and deployed.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
steamboat (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:51:17 AM

Chip purchase deadline:

The chip purchase deadline was originally enacted to facilitate the funding of component purchasing, and give a concrete total of the number of units to be produced. We understand the difficulty this has created for those who were unable to acquire BTC in time to make payment. Additionally, we realize the concerns of those who do not want to make a payment for assembly until the Klondike has been fully tested. It is for these reasons we have decided to lift the original chip purchase deadline of June 30th.

The decision has been made to privately fund the remaining balance needed to purchase the components necessary to manufacture 75% of the total possible units which may be produced from the raw chips which have been ordered.

The Klondike is scheduled to complete testing in the coming week, and there may be small changes to the parts required in the final Rev1 design. These changes will be absorbed by us, with no increase in cost to the end user.

Once the final design has been approved, any additional parts required will be purchased, along with the PCB. Batch 1 will likely be produced at a loss as the quickturn timeline greatly increases the cost per unit. We will absorb the additional cost as a thank you to those of you who were among the first to place your faith in us.

As of this posting, the only deadline is for those in Batch 1, who will be required to purchase their chosen assembly option by the 8th of July. Any chip orders from Batch 1 which have not purchased assembly by this date will have their chips shipped to them upon receipt of the shipping and final costs associated with receipt of the chips. This is necessary to ensure the final assembly count for Batch 1 is in prior to the commencement of assembly.

Future deadlines for additional batches may be imposed prior to the scheduled chip arrival date for each batch.

steamboat (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:52:17 AM

Klondike mainboard choice:

Status of the Klondike 16: Rev1 board design review, prototyping, and initial testing is now complete. The Rev1 is successfully submitting shares with one chip using cgminer, though there are some small issues with results. Please follow the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.0 for up to date information regarding the Klondike mainboard. Testing of the fully populated board is scheduled to begin shortly. Upon final testing of the fully populated board, final purchasing of components and PCB will begin.

Initial production and assembly will be based on the Rev1 Klondike, which will be used until the Rev2 design has been completed. This decision is based on several factors.

Time to market: The Rev1 is scheduled to be fully tested and ready for production the first week of July. This is a very tight timeframe, and production costs for Batch 1 will increase as a result. This increased cost will not be passed on to the end user. Once Rev1 is complete, Rev2 will likely take at minimum one month to design, order, test, and finalize. This timeline does not take into consideration any complications or design reworks.

Marginal overclocking gain: The overclocking headroom gained from Rev2 does not justify the delay in production caused by increased development times. At the stock value of 282mh/s, the Rev1 design uses 12.8A of the 16A rated capacity of the regs. With proper cooling and airflow the design should allow for overclocking up to 350mh/s per chip using roughly 15A.

Increased cost versus decreased benefit: The Rev2 design should deliver enough power to allow overclocking to the theoretical limit of the Avalon ASIC chip of 450mh/s, but comes with a price. Standard air cooling will not be sufficient to cool the chips at this level. Liquid or oil based cooling solutions must be used, which increases the per-unit cost. Additionally, the board itself becomes more expensive as board component costs increase. 

Efficiency and reliability have been the focus of this project from the very beginning. We understand the desire to overclock the Avalon chip to the absolute maximum, but this simply is not an efficient allocation of resources. That being said, we will continue to support BkkCoins and his development efforts just as we have with the Rev1 design, and will likely offer the Rev2 design once finalized to those that desire it. We cannot however, justify delaying entire batches of orders while we wait for Rev2 to be completed.

steamboat (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:54:08 AM

Additional questions:

Board stacking for the units is accomplished by attaching the standoffs to each other to stack vertically. The fans will have to be removed, and a simple L bracket is being sourced to make this easier, though simple zip ties or a desktop fan would work.

An assembly upgrade option for purchasing on the website is in the upgrade queue, but is not currently available. The easiest method will be to purchase the desired assembly finish level at the time of purchase.

If hosting your units, select the fully assembled finish option when adding the unit to your cart. Upon checking out, the option will be available to select hosting instead of shipping via USPS.

The cleartext password in the account creation email has been removed.

The only tools required for assembly of the DIY option are a phillips head screwdriver.

Those who purchased assembly will not have to pay shipping fees associated with chip purchases, as the chips will be shipped assembled with the unit.

Assembly purchases will be processed first by batch number, and then by order number. Batches will not compete with each other for assembly.

The assembly service is available for chips purchased via other sources. The process for tracking and verifying these orders is being finalized, and will be released once completed.

Each unit will need a power source and host device, not included with purchase. The host will need a USB port and cgminer installed. At a minimum, the PIC will be programmed with basic firmware to allow updating to the final cgminer driver without the use of specialized equipment. More likely, the units will come with an initial cgminer ready driver to allow plug and play functionality.

Those that chose the testing option will have their boards fully tested for functionality prior to shipping. Any orders which did not select testing and discover faulty chips after receipt will be able to ship their units back for debugging and repair. Shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer.

Batch 6 has not yet been purchased. The payment gateway for chip purchases is still showing as out of stock on the Avalon website. A support ticket has been opened, and a response should be available shortly. The chips will be purchased once the gateway has been reopened.

Transfer of chip purchases is not supported in any way. While the shipping address may be changed, the original information received from ordering may not. Our responsibility is to the original customer which made the purchase, and no assistance of any kind will be given to third party purchasers. We understand this is an inconvenience for those of you wishing to resell your chips. It is our suggestion to purchase chips directly from us, or wait for the chips to be delivered to the original customer and purchase them directly from the reseller. Again, we offer no assistance regarding third party chip reselling agreements.

The emails sent and any additional questions will be addressed within the next 24 hours.

Personal note:

My apologies for any typos, grammatical errors, or disjointed logic in the preceding posts.

bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:55:09 AM

Damn steamboat.  You rock, for real.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 01:00:11 AM

Has hosting solutions been discussed yet?

Is it going to be here in Florida steamboat? if so are you going with Miami, or any of the Boca datacenters, i.e. host.net, verio etc.

If you go with verio or host.net can us locals get a tour of our units?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 01:14:38 AM

1. Bronchitus is a big deal, rest is imperative. I went through two bouts in succession in 2009/10. Asthmanex helped immensely.

2. I thought that orders were assembled/shipped based on a FIFO queue based on the chip orders. Has this changed to be based on assembly orders? If so, I move from 5th in line to 132nd.  Angry

Thanks for the update.

bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:17:10 AM

Damn steamboat.  You rock, for real.

+1

Get well SB.
bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:21:56 AM

1. Bronchitus is a big deal, rest is imperative. I went through two bouts in succession in 2009/10. Asthmanex helped immensely.

2. I thought that orders were assembled/shipped based on a FIFO queue based on the chip orders. Has this changed to be based on assembly orders? If so, I move from 5th in line to 132nd.  Angry

Thanks for the update.

I think you're going to be fine.  I'm in batch 5 and have an order in the early 20s.  As much as I'd like to get my shipment sooner, it doesn't mean I get to jump ahead. 

via Steamboat (above):  "Assembly purchases will be processed first by batch number, and then by order number. Batches will not compete with each other for assembly. "
LaserHorse

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Thank you for the excellent update.

Of course, your health is priority #1.
Kombucha, Ester-C, & Garlic supplements do wonders for me

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:59:45 AM

If you do not get better soon, I will drive over to your house and punch you in the throat. Just sayin. Cheesy

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
mwm4bcf

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:06:24 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 03:21:02 PM by mwm4bcf

Offering to sell:  Order #100000072, includes fourteen (14) K16 boards fully assembled / tested and hosted with
Steamboat, plus 8 spare chips.  Chips are from Batch #4, purchased on May 28th, 232 chips total.  Total hashing power
is 63 GH/s assuming no overclocking.

Will provide:  Full documentation of who I am with scanned photo ID including current address, phone #, copies of chip
purchase e-mails, copy of paid order page, and a signed message proving I own the paying address.  You get full control
of the account after payment.

Asking:  $5,200 payable in BTC.

Why am I selling?:  Reallocating resources.  If this doesn't sell I won't be upset at all - I have plenty of confidence that
Steamboat will deliver an excellent and timely product.

PM me if you're seriously interested in the complete system only.  Thanks.

nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:10:49 AM

Offering to sell:  Order #100000072, includes fourteen (14) K16 boards fully assembled / tested and hosted with
Steamboat, plus 8 spare chips.  Chips are from Batch #4, purchased on May 28th, 232 chips total.  Total hashing power
is 63 GH/s assuming no overclocking.

Will provide:  Full documentation of who I am with scanned photo ID including current address, phone #, copies of chip
purchase e-mails, copy of paid order page, and a signed message proving I own the paying address.  You get full control
of the account after payment.

Asking:  70 BTC, assuming the non-Gox rate stays in the mid/low 80s.

Why am I selling?:  Reallocating resources.  If this doesn't sell I won't be upset at all - I have plenty of confidence that
Steamboat will deliver an excellent and timely product.

PM me if you're seriously interested in the complete system only.  Thanks.

This belongs elsewhere.
pointychimp

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:17:32 AM

Steamboat, you are the best. I really appreciate what you are doing and hope you get well soon. Thank you for the updates.

Do you have a beer fund or some address I can donate to? PM me if you don't want to make it public for some reason.

Thanks again
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: