Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:32:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423205 times)
Galli

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:59:37 PM

Yifu has responded to zefir that he would prefer to refund the BTC for the chips rather than any other option.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg3035535#msg3035535

I think we should refund all chips and steamboat should organize a suit to cover damages, parts, steamboats time... etc.  This little turd should not be let off this easy
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 04:50:10 PM

Thank you for the update Steamboat,

Please do update us on the refund aspect for assembly costs. Burnin stated in his thread at least 50% recovery is likely, more if you reuse components with him for the Bitfury project. Everyone understands there are sunk costs that are not recoverable, but other unperformed services should be recoverable.

I do plan to reuse a lot of components for the bitfury design.
But some can not be reused and will be thrown away, like the PCBs for example.

For those that received a refund i could give a discount on a new bitfury order of about 70% of the not-returned funds.
But we all have to ask ourselves: is bitfury going to deliver?

Executive summary:
50% refund guaranteed.
70% money recovered when ordering a BitFury product.

Understanding what recovery is possible on assembly services has a large impact on deciding whether or not to go ahead with a refund IMHO.

This all may be mute though. In Yifu's latest communication to Zefir he said he much prefers refunds over anything else. His comments also made it sound as if he is having difficulty receiving ASICs at all (shock), which makes me think these batches may all just end up getting canceled refunded regardless what we decide...

Thanks again for the hard work on this steamboat, it is too bad for everyone it has gone this way

Yeah, I agree with this. We need more information from Steamboat regarding possible partial refunds on assembly. I'd like to see that addressed by him personally as soon as possible (yes, I know he's busy).

I also inferred from Yifuk's communication that he has significant doubts as to his ability to ship the chips. I personally feel like that was his back-handed way of telling us no chips would be forthcoming anytime soon. I unfortunately believe he was trying to tell us that further waiting will be fruitless.

In summary, I'd like a refund on my batch 4 chips (let us know how to request this officially, please Steamboat), and I'd like to see further information/discussion on partial assembly refund options.

It's too bad that this has all unraveled - thanks for all the hard work on this Steamboat. I'm sure we are all looking forward to any additional information you have to share.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Lollaskates

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:10:17 PM

Thinking about it, If the chips were eventually on their way I would be okay with a partial refund for the chips that was mentioned in that Zefir post (to match what the chips are worth now). Yifu suggested it.

BUT if the chips arent coming, i'd like a full refund for 256 chips as well and see what we can do about refunding some of the assembly. I'd rather eat a ~1k loss than a 2k one.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 08:13:32 PM

Clearly we need more information from Yifu and SB to make an informed decision.

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:17:08 PM

Thinking about it, If the chips were eventually on their way I would be okay with a partial refund for the chips that was mentioned in that Zefir post (to match what the chips are worth now). Yifu suggested it.

That is NOT going to happen. Personally, I'd be okay with getting a 100% refund, plus a little extra for my troubles, plus a blowjob from an outrageously hot blonde.

But we need to choose from the options that are AVAILABLE, not just fantasy. Yifu said he's not interested in any options other than a refund for purchase price. Take it or leave it. Those are your options.

The sooner people face reality, and start picking from the options that are actually available, the sooner things get resolved.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 08:25:34 PM

Who says those options ARE available? Just because Yifu mentions that he prefers something, doesn't mean he will follow through. Not meaning to FUD here, but nothing guarantees us that he will deliver chips OR a refund. We aren't waiting The situation is unresolved not because we're "picking unrealistic options" but because we have no information.

Lollaskates

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:27:07 PM

That is NOT going to happen. Personally, I'd be okay with getting a 100% refund, plus a little extra for my troubles, plus a blowjob from an outrageously hot blonde.

But we need to choose from the options that are AVAILABLE, not just fantasy. Yifu said he's not interested in any options other than a refund for purchase price. Take it or leave it. Those are your options.

The sooner people face reality, and start picking from the options that are actually available, the sooner things get resolved.

you need to re-read what he said to zefir. partial refund is on the table.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:31:02 PM

Partial refund would be nice.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Lollaskates

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:34:38 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2013, 08:52:51 PM by Lollaskates

If I read the initial OP correctly, ~$30 for parts and $60 for assembly. Assembly hasn't happened yet, and I'm sure willing to eat the parts to get a refund on my chips.

256 chip refund in Batch #4 please. That would also be a (16 x $60) $960 refund from steamboat for something that hasn't taken place yet, which isn't much to ask. He can keep my $30 BOM parts for each board since they are already purchased, I don't care.

Also Steamboat, telling us no we can't have refunds on something that CAN be refunded such as an assembly that hasn't taken place yet is bad form. You've been better than that. We all understand those parts can't be refunded, but that assembly house we paid with BitPay sure as hell can refund us for something it hasn't done. I'm sorry you have to deal with this fallout (again, feel free to keep the parts and resell them to recoup loss).

EDIT:

251 Chips TXID: 52e32f568bcb489f21957acd20fc77b4a730a4ec8773f094313e76ceb485a3c2
5 Chip TXID: c68e0eb3eace8a3e868cc3ce12a2076c0371e38fc67c73f6e2b9207f67922f3d

256 Chips
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:54:35 PM

No, YOU need to re-read what he said:

"b) [partial refund] I am not a fan of this, on a principle level I rather do a full refund. plus, I rather sell the chips once we have them in hand at a discount, instead of letting people wait.( which is about the same as doing a partial refund in my opinion.)"

What about this indicates that he's offering partial refund?

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Lollaskates

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 09:00:25 PM

"b) [partial refund] I am not a fan of this, on a principle level I rather do a full refund. plus, I rather sell the chips once we have them in hand at a discount, instead of letting people wait.( which is about the same as doing a partial refund in my opinion.)"

ask yourself how waiting until the chips were on-hand and selling them at a discount helps the groupbuyers (the topic of discussion). How would this be relevant? He isn't talking about anyone else here, he's selling discounted chips to us. This isnt any different than a partial refund. We would net a full refund, and then buy discounted chips. He himself equates it to the same thing, he just doesnt like the term "partial refund" because its negative. he prefers "sell at a discount".
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 09:11:15 PM

ask yourself how waiting until the chips were on-hand and selling them at a discount helps the groupbuyers (the topic of discussion). How would this be relevant? He isn't talking about anyone else here, he's selling discounted chips to us. This isnt any different than a partial refund. We would net a full refund, and then buy discounted chips. He himself equates it to the same thing, he just doesnt like the term "partial refund" because its negative. he prefers "sell at a discount".

That's some very interpretive creative reading you've done there... Perhaps English isn't your first language? Try reading what he wrote, not what you wish he'd written.

He said he's not interested in doing partial refunds. He'd rather do complete refunds, and then sell the chips when he has them in hand. He doesn't like the exposure he has with outstanding orders, which he has made clear, by saying time and time again that he has no interest in dealing with pre-orders anymore.

He further reinforces this sentiment when he states that he also has no interest in converting orders to 2 gen, because he still has the problem of outstanding chip orders that he hasn't got the ability to deliver, which he is trying to get away from.

Reading is fundamental. Reading-comprehension is just as important.

Lollaskates

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 09:16:07 PM

That's some very interpretive creative reading you've done there... Perhaps English isn't your first language? Try reading what he wrote, not what you wish he'd written.

He said he's not interested in doing partial refunds. He'd rather do complete refunds, and then sell the chips when he has them in hand. He doesn't like the exposure he has with outstanding orders, which he has made clear, by saying time and time again that he has no interest in dealing with pre-orders anymore.

He further reinforces this sentiment when he states that he also has no interest in converting orders to 2 gen, because he still has the problem of outstanding chip orders that he hasn't got the ability to deliver, which he is trying to get away from.

You literally just echoed what I said you fucking idiot.
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:26:13 PM

I know we are all under a lot of stress here, but let's try and play nice Smiley

The way I PERSONALLY read/interpreted his statement was that the full refund option was the only one he was really open to. He basically said no to every option BUT the suggestion of full refunds, to which his response was "I am very open to this, this is what I suggest."

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:45:56 AM

If I read the initial OP correctly, ~$30 for parts and $60 for assembly. Assembly hasn't happened yet, and I'm sure willing to eat the parts to get a refund on my chips.

256 chip refund in Batch #4 please. That would also be a (16 x $60) $960 refund from steamboat for something that hasn't taken place yet, which isn't much to ask. He can keep my $30 BOM parts for each board since they are already purchased, I don't care.

Also Steamboat, telling us no we can't have refunds on something that CAN be refunded such as an assembly that hasn't taken place yet is bad form. You've been better than that. We all understand those parts can't be refunded, but that assembly house we paid with BitPay sure as hell can refund us for something it hasn't done. I'm sorry you have to deal with this fallout (again, feel free to keep the parts and resell them to recoup loss).

EDIT:

251 Chips TXID: 52e32f568bcb489f21957acd20fc77b4a730a4ec8773f094313e76ceb485a3c2
5 Chip TXID: c68e0eb3eace8a3e868cc3ce12a2076c0371e38fc67c73f6e2b9207f67922f3d

256 Chips
I believe assembly fees were used to fund parts through batch 4 and probably other expenses, packaging materials as well as paid people to assemble these boards and solder chips on the boards.  I do however support some type of partial refund if steamboat can make it happen, even if its 10%.  Realistically depending on how many chips you bought, it may be smarter to just mine than get a 50% refund which is just the chips.  We may not reach full roi but we would probably reach a higher percentage than what would be refunded.  It all depends on how many chips you bought though.  If you have 200 chips, you'll roi faster than 16 chips.
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:48:09 AM

If you have 200 chips, you'll roi faster than 16 chips.

How do you figure?  16 chips mines at proportionally the same rate as 200 chips.  The only difference is less power supplies per 16. 
pixl8tr

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:48:13 AM

It all depends on how many chips you bought though.  If you have 200 chips, you'll roi faster than 16 chips.

LOL

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:44:41 AM

You literally just echoed what I said you fucking idiot.

You're the one claiming he's offering a partial refund. He's not. Period. What he's offering is a refund NOW, with the possibility to re-order at a discount LATER. He's not offering to give you a partial refund, no matter how dense you try to be.

kostagr33k

Activity: 309

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:58:47 AM

I like your signature pixl8tr .

I'll be holding onto my boards / chips. As long as price keeps going up, even slightly every week or two, we may sneak something out.

kosta
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 03:07:47 AM

I like your signature pixl8tr .

I'll be holding onto my boards / chips. As long as price keeps going up, even slightly every week or two, we may sneak something out.

kosta

With that same logic - you would be far better off getting a refund and holding on to the coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: